All for my character getting tied up, but not a big fan of bondage gear

Just to preface this: I think the Devious line of mods is fantastic, and they're always in my load order, however...

My character gets beat up a lot. With Defeat, Sanguine's Debauchery, Devious Captures and Deviously helpless, I have a nice range of consequences to losing a fight, but not dying. Still, I try to keep my Skyrim as immersive as possible, and it always feels pretty weird that the penniless bandits wearing hide armor just *happen* to be carrying an array of bondage mittens, harnesses and chastity bras.

While I can configure Captures to not apply certain items (I mean seriously who is this barbarian warrior hiding in the wilds with vibrating nipple piercings?), what I really want is something more basic, like ropes, handcuffs, and chains. Some restriction that might plausibly be applied to a traveller who, after being violated and robbed blind, is still left with their life. Any suggestions?

footnote: "Hah! There's no way she'll seek bloody revenge against us if we imprison her in THIS RED LEATHER CORSET!"

2 hours ago, Lugubrious0ne said:

Just to preface this: I think the Devious line of mods is fantastic, and they're always in my load order, however...

My character gets beat up a lot. With Defeat, Sanguine's Debauchery, Devious Captures and Deviously helpless, I have a nice range of consequences to losing a fight, but not dying. Still, I try to keep my Skyrim as immersive as possible, and it always feels pretty weird that the penniless bandits wearing hide armor just *happen* to be carrying an array of bondage mittens, harnesses and chastity bras.

While I can configure Captures to not apply certain items (I mean seriously who is this barbarian warrior hiding in the wilds with vibrating nipple piercings?), what I really want is something more basic, like ropes, handcuffs, and chains. Some restriction that might plausibly be applied to a traveller who, after being violated and robbed blind, is still left with their life. Any suggestions?

footnote: "Hah! There's no way she'll seek bloody revenge against us if we imprison her in THIS RED LEATHER CORSET!"

I know if I was a low bandit waiting to rob, rape and pillage I would start to get board of the constant repetition. I would want to spice things up so Yes, I would have some bondage mittens, harnesses and Chasity bras and yes... even vibrating nipple piercings (that is a thing? didn't know that :P) I would want to change my day to day activities to keep things interesting. :P

Think of it, woudn't most  get board with just the standard process of rape. It is like having missionary with your misses. The mind craves change. :P

As for someone that shouldn't be able to afford such trinkets.... I like to think that they robbed someone previously that had such things and are now interested in trying them out. I mean come on those bandit dens have all sorts of stuff in them. Why not some perverted things? lol.

Spoiler

Yes, just joking. This isn't the member you want. move along.... :P (altered star wars reference.) yes... I am very board right now. ;)

I adjusted the weights and settings so that my character doesn't receive any additional bondage stuff aside from armbinder(which is unavoidable in DD/DCL settings) because she already wears three bondage devices - collar,  wrist and ankle shackles.   There's settings that won't let you receive more than a certain number of bondage devices. 

I've always felt that armbinders just don't fit in Skyrim from a medieval setting standpoint.  Shackles and yokes, yeah...but armbinders?  Nope. 

Thanks for the replies, friends. I've set item chances to low/zero for some of the less "less immersive" devices, but after that, well... To be honest, I guess I just want some of the Zaz bindings to fill in for Devious Devices (wrist ropes, with the bound animation, instead of decorative DD cuffs). I've read one thread on the subject, but I'm terrified to go under the hood and start messing with my mods - too many dependencies at stake.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why people consider armbinders so unrealistic but not yokes. I'm no expert in history, but at least i've once build a medieval catapult which is probably more than most people can say. ;) And we thought quite a bit (and asked a prof of history responsible for the collection/museum at a local stronghold) what was avaivable back then, about the quality of material etc.

The point here is, metal was quite expensive, a yoke needs quite a lot... wasting it to bind somebody is quite unlikely^^

On the other hand, armbinders require only few metal and some leather and maybe some ropes, but a more skilled crafting than a yoke. So, from the "it's a waste of money" point both aren't that likely to get them attached to a random traveler, but... existence? Totally fine for both.

And then again, houses in Skyrim all actually have glass in their windows instead of just some fell. Consider it unrealistic or Skyrim a quite rich place in general, or that magic made it cheaper to achieve what works for anything as explanation, including existence.

More generally spoken, in a world with magic an at least slightly different development of economics and other stuff is quite likely. The pressure to discover something like electricity and guns and cannons and how to use it is lower, especially for the smart guys who have time to think about such stuff, because they can just as good go to the magical college and learn summoning creatures to work for them and all kinds of stuff.

On the other hand there is some pressure to invent things that can keep a mage captured. Imagine one of our prisons keeping somebody like Miraac or at least any college of Winterhold student in against their will. Guns & cameras against some invisible guy who can throw fireballs? I wouldn't put my money on the guards.

But kings and Jarls would quite likely feel uncomfortable not beeing able to fight a rgoue mage with their own army, or at least beeing able to interogate them once some mages they asked for help captured him. And they would be willing to spend some money on this stuff. :smile:

So imho even if some things were most likely not there in our past, there is a pretty good chance they would appear in the world of TES. The conclusion "I don't think they had this stuff in our past, so it's not lore friendly for Skyrim." isn't that easy.

On 04/12/2017 at 10:38 PM, Lugubrious0ne said:

Thanks for the replies, friends. I've set item chances to low/zero for some of the less "less immersive" devices, but after that, well... To be honest, I guess I just want some of the Zaz bindings to fill in for Devious Devices (wrist ropes, with the bound animation, instead of decorative DD cuffs). I've read one thread on the subject, but I'm terrified to go under the hood and start messing with my mods - too many dependencies at stake.

It's also worth noting the author of devious captures has announced that devices are going to get more themed to who is placing them on the player.

Source: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/27893-devious-captures/?do=findComment&comment=2087030

Archived