About Fallout 4 Updates from Bethesda.

Find the file appmanifest_377160.acf, which should be in the \Steam\Steamapps\ folder. Open it in a text editor. Look for this line:     "StateFlags"        "XX" where XX is a number. Change that number to "4". This tells it that the game is installed and is fully up-to-date, no update required.

Look for these two lines and make sure the number is 0 in both:    

"BytesToDownload"        "0"

"BytesDownloaded"        "0"

When you're done, save it, close your text editor and set the file to Read-Only. You'll need to undo this if you ever decide to allow the update.

Thank you for that.

Worked like a charm.

While I was at it I saved and zipped up my Fallout 4 folder from Steam apps and save games from My docs.

This is EXACTLY why I keep all Bethesda games on "only update when i launch" at all times - and then also never launch with steam, only a moding tool like NMM or modorganizer even to play vanilla on the day of release

Although after seeing the new creation club thing I might not be buying any more Bethesda games at all

Do i need to delete or rename the 377160 folder too because then steam restarts, the download restarts where it where stopped. (and 2gb of shit is too much)

Is there any danger to delete the content of the downloading folder ? (..\Steam\steamapps\downloading\)

Yes, delete it from the \downloading\ folder. Once you edit the app manifest file, it shouldn't be trying to download anything.

I managed to get all of Witcher 3 and DLCs downloaded (50+gb, wtf) since posting last time and avoided this stupid Fallout update. I spent nearly two years ducking an unwanted Civilization V update before finally getting aggravated and tracking down a way to make it forget there was any update at all. Hopefully they never bother to encrypt those app manifest files.

well uh, my game isn't even starting anymore. I completely reinstalled the game, it started. Then I put my standard mods into it, like CBBE and Armor Keywords (nothing FourPlay related) and it crashes on launch. Is this related to this new problem or am I doing something wrong? Never had this issue before. Tried installing the F4SE version which is recommended in this thread for updated F4, but that doesn't help. Game starts, screen stays black, game closes, no error.

@Vinfamy Hi been away for awhile... Reinstalled FO4 stuck with the new version reinstalled Four Play Mods using the beginner guide you provide I see you updated FP_Patch__2_6_1 - For FO4 1.10 (Fixed).zip I just came across this:

(Four-Play and its mods should work fine with both options: old FO4 version + old F4SE version, as well as new FO4 version + new F4SE version. However, with the new FO4, you'll also need to overwrite the Community Patch with this http://www.loverslab...in-v9-20170831/)

My question is do we still need to over write community patch if so How do we over write ?

Also i see 2 version 10 down loads do we need them both?

I know I know Newbie here..

Update 21 Sep - As expected, the Bethesda update galore brought about due to the Creation Club continues. This of course once again breaks F4SE, any mods that use it and Four-Play's fly cam + stripping functionality again. As with last time, please avoid updating FO4 until a new version of F4SE is released.

Update 24 Sep - Expired has released a new version of F4SE to work with Bethesda's latest update. If you already let Steam install Bethesda's update, you'll need to install the latest version of F4SE and reinstall Four-Play Community Patch, now runtime neutral for the last three versions of FO4, thanks to jaam's prompt effort.

Generally speaking, if you're still at 1.9.4, keep on avoiding updating together and sticking with 1.9.4, But if you already upgraded to 1.10.20 a while back, then you probably should upgrade to 1.10.26 now that F4SE for it is out as 1.10.26 does fix some bugs Bethesda introduced in 1.10.20.