The Daedra Sutra - Lovers with PK Animation Collection

Thanks greg! man i'm suprised just how smooth and realistic that dog anim is in particular, haven't seen the others... even wound up showing my furaffinty friend who has an interest in doggie domination. (while also commenting on how stupid the guards are when there's a dog humping a lady in the middle of the street. but thats for another topic entirely)

I'm trying to replace the default horse animation (218) in Lovers Creatures -revised by the animation (2202). I copied the files of (2202) at the right place' date=' but in-game the horses are still using the (218). Why? Do I need to delete them?

Sorry if it was already asked.

[/quote']

See my post regarding creature anims and Greg's response to it.

I'm trying to replace the default horse animation (218) in Lovers Creatures -revised by the animation (2202). I copied the files of (2202) at the right place' date=' but in-game the horses are still using the (218). Why? Do I need to delete them?

[/quote']

If you are trying to replace the 218 animation with the 2202, then you need to rename the 2202 kf and ini files to 218 and overwrite the existing 218.

If you are still seeing the old ones then you did not do it correctly. Make absolutely certain that you renamed the kf and ini files and installed them to the correct locations.

Pressing z doesn't work for creature animations. You are stuck with whatever animation was randomly selected by the game (assuming you have more than one animation for that creatures).

Pressing z only works for human to human animations (1-200).

[/quote']

If you are trying to replace the 218 animation with the 2202, then you need to rename the 2202 kf and ini files to 218 and overwrite the existing 218.

Oh wow so simple, I guess it was too simple for my brain. :P

I downloaded this while attempting to reinstall Oblivion after upgrading my computer to Windows 8. I discovered several things in the process. The first is that, while the daedra sutra helper utility might work for some people, for some unknown reason it stops copying files about halfway through my selections on my machine. The other two things I discovered in the process of copying files laboriously by hand to create my own merged selections folder. First, the pictures of the Donkey animations and the notes with the links should be removed, as Donkey has removed those files from Wolflore, and they can no longer be obtained. The other thing I discovered is that for animation 242 you have enclosed the wrong ini in the folder (it contained 224 instead). The link for the person who redid some of the creature animations still works though. On the whole, this is a really nice collection. You deserve a few kudos for all the work you put into this.

The copying stopping is due to you choosing an animation that has an object in it (such as a chair, table, bookcase or pillory). Right now the helper utility crashes when trying to merge these. The cool gentleman that made the utility hasn't had time to fix the program so you have to manually copy these animations by hand.

Donkey pulling his files just happened today, so give erc1971 a few days to update things.

The creatures mod was put out by a Japanese fellow (loversMotionsNT) so that is why they are still active.

Erc1971 really does deserve kudos as it took quite the effort to assemble all of this stuff. :)

Sorry for not being around for a while - Christmas and holiday obligations and all.

Donkey pulled his files? Greagathit - what is the current status on being allowed to include his stuff in the Daedra Sutra? I have them on my HDD, but kept them private per his wishes.

Eric

Many of Donkey´s animations look rather wonky, IMO.

Twisted meshes, bodyparts looking like they are pinned into thin air and so on.

His latest doggy however, is golden. Sadly it was only available for a few hours and I didn´t manage to grab this one before he pulled his stuff. (not his first rage quit, isn´t it?)

And even if I fully support every single modder´s wishes regarding his work, I´d vote to include his animations.

Not to mention his work on LoversCreatures, which has become somewhat essential.

Donkey pulled his files? Greagathit - what is the current status on being allowed to include his stuff in the Daedra Sutra? I have them on my HDD' date=' but kept them private per his wishes.

Eric

[/quote']

We can't do it. He has not given permission for his animations to be hosted anywhere, for any reason. Maybe someday he will change his mind, but until then we will respect his wishes.

Many of Donkey´s animations look rather wonky' date=' IMO.

Twisted meshes, bodyparts looking like they are pinned into thin air and so on.

His latest doggy however, is golden. Sadly it was only available for a few hours and I didn´t manage to grab this one before he pulled his stuff. (not his first rage quit, isn´t it?)

And even if I fully support every single modder´s wishes regarding his work, I´d vote to include his animations.

Not to mention his work on LoversCreatures, which has become somewhat essential.

[/quote']

Until you are able to animate yourself I would not be all that critical of the work of another. I am very learning how to animate myself and let me tell you it is freaking difficult just to manipulate an existing animation, let alone create one from scratch!!!

We will not be hosting his latest human to human animations since he refused to give permission to do it.

As to creatures, those are already in the DS. The only creature animations that are not included are the MotionsNT ones, which were made by a Japanese animator and he also has denied permission for them to be hosted anywhere. So that won't be happening either. These animations are still readily available.

In fact, I have experimented both with blender as with 3ds max to enhance existing animations. Yes, its tedious and frustrating, and time-consuming. Time I sadly don´t have to invest there, which is why I respect everyone who puts time in it.

However, I won´t refrain from giving critics, just because I don´t animate successfully myself.

It´s sole purpose is to give feedback and show ways for those folks who DO animate how they can improve their work even further.

Donkey understood that, btw :)

Why should every animator´s work be praised as if they were all on the same level of quality?

In fact' date=' I have experimented both with blender as with 3ds max to enhance existing animations. Yes, its tedious and frustrating, and time-consuming. Time I sadly don´t have to invest there, which is why I respect everyone who puts time in it.

However, I won´t refrain from giving critics, just because I don´t animate successfully myself.

It´s sole purpose is to give feedback and show ways for those folks who DO animate how they can improve their work even further.

Donkey understood that, btw :)

Why should every animator´s work be praised as if they were all on the same level of quality?

[/quote']

While that "sounds" logical, it really isn't. Donkey never asked for your opinion of his animations, so you giving them is just plain bad form. You are well aware of the old saying, "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all".

Now if he did ask for feedback then that is a whole other story.

Anyway, enough about that. Let's not get off topic here.

Love the work you've done by collecting all animations into a massive pack.

I've always had issues with the Daedra Assistant that it stops merging after just a few animations.

These are the only ones being copied. I had animations from 1 to 149 selected:

01_Motion

02_Motion

03_Motion

04_Motion

05_Motion

06_Motion

07_Motion

08_Motion

09_Motion

10_Motion

100_Motion

101_Motion

102_Motion

103_Motion

Is there a way i can make it work on Win 7 64 bit?

I did try to just add animation 550 using the assistant and it merged that just fine. Just seems to choke on certain animations or perhaps limited in the amount it copies.

Using the update from the 7th btw.

Love the work you've done by collecting all animations into a massive pack.

I've always had issues with the Daedra Assistant that it stops merging after just a few animations.

These are the only ones being copied. I had animations from 1 to 149 selected:

01_Motion

02_Motion

03_Motion

04_Motion

05_Motion

06_Motion

07_Motion

08_Motion

09_Motion

10_Motion

100_Motion

101_Motion

102_Motion

103_Motion

Is there a way i can make it work on Win 7 64 bit?

I did try to just add animation 550 using the assistant and it merged that just fine. Just seems to choke on certain animations or perhaps limited in the amount it copies.

Using the update from the 7th btw.

THere is a known issue with the assitant. If you try to copy over any animation that has an object it will fail. I did not create it, and cannot provide any assistance for it. Best to manually drop the animations into the data folder.

Eric

Are there any working links for animations not included in the pack? The thread linked in text files for Donkey's animations is empty.

(PS: What is it with modders pulling their work from the net? I just don't get it. At all.)

No, there are not. Even if there were working links, unless the mod maker approves of them being posted, then we will not put them up.

As to folks pulling their stuff, well....they made it, so it is their call. It sadly happens all the time. :(