[Sims 4] Breast bones unlocked for animation - UPDATED 2017-11-07

Guest Vaerz

WoOT!! We have breast bone movement in Sims 4!!

Thanks so much @Denton47 for sharing the needed change (as mentioned in your initial post of this thread) in SimulationFullBuild0.package:

8EAF13DE_00000000_D057FCC534C1BCBB

I definitely think you should keep this mod standalone. The mod affects Sims 4 override animations too!

NsXyGSo.gif

https://imgur.com/NsXyGSo

Sim on the right has only movement of breast bones (no rotation).

It's just proof of concept, needs a lot of work.

I created this override clip with Sims 4 Studio and Blender.

Agreed. I think this would be for the best.

YASSSS! Animations like this will actually work *cries tears of happiness*

You're a legend!! =D

9d2ff392e700499f9414d0ca99e6915d.gif

Oh shit... This is gonna be awesome! One question: I was wondering if recently breast animations can work now... Is possible to make balls get the same effect than breast?

Correct, the animations will still work without the mod but you wont see any breast movement.

Its why i love this mod if people don't like breast mouvements,

@Amra72 it's correct but my question is: Who wouldn't like it? It makes the animations even more realistic. :D

@Denton47 it is really, reallyyy fantastic! Thank you so much. :heart: :angel:

Correct, the animations will still work without the mod but you wont see any breast movement.

Its why i love this mod if people don't like breast mouvements,

@Amra72 it's correct but my question is: Who wouldn't like it? It makes the animations even more realistic. :D

@Denton47 it is really, reallyyy fantastic! Thank you so much. :heart::angel:

The realism is debatable at present,

Some like it, some not so into it yet ;)

Personally I'm on the fence with it as it's looking over-done in a lot of areas,

The rib cage travels with it to an extent and in some cases they look goopy, not supple, kinda like silly putty when it comes to the bigger ones that seem to float up and down :s

There's been a lot of pressure on new and veteran animators to provide realism in the animations and this at present seems to be a contradiction to a lot of people's criticisms

Denton has done an amazing job with unlocking this but for the animators, with great power comes great responsibility!

A little restraint is needed ;)

Guest Redabyss

Yeah, I'm on the same page.

I know it appears all awesome and shiny, but this thing requires a lot of work and attention.

If you guys observe Oga's gif, the rib cage travels alongside the tits. It's not a pleasant view. Also, in Amra's animations, the tits have weird movements because he couldn't properly test the animations.

Thank you for this mod, breast rotation is confirmed available.
post-1645035-0-03853600-1499522613.gif

Observe under the left tit. The rib cage moves. It's not a perfect mod yet.

Personally I'm on the fence with it as it's looking over-done in a lot of areas,

The rib cage travels with it to an extent and in some cases they look goopy, not supple, kinda like silly putty when it comes to the bigger ones that seem to float up and down :s

There's been a lot of pressure on new and veteran animators to provide realism in the animations and this at present seems to be a contradiction to a lot of people's criticisms

Denton has done an amazing job with unlocking this but for the animators, with great power comes great responsibility!

I can only speak for what I see here. And for the most part I like what I see. Of course, I agree with you that there is a certain "responsibility" of the animators to follow the physical laws. In a forth and back movement the breasts also swing back and forth and do not bounce up and down and reciprocally the same. So I can quite understand that some users prefer to renounce than to see faulty animations. But in general, it looks more natural than the stiff Barbie boobs. : D

@Redabyss: Perhaps the weighting would have to be changed, but perhaps it is also difficult, because the breasts are generally somewhat strangely connected with the body. The body is low-poly (low vertexes too) in contrast to those from other games. You can only distribute these vertexes, which are actually present. If it doesn't move at the site of the chest, it may contort elsewhere. I find this very harmless, which I see there. Have seen more strange animations. :)

I can only speak for what I see here. And for the most part I like what I see. Of course, I agree with you that there is a certain "responsibility" of the animators to follow the physical laws. In a forth and back movement the breasts also swing back and forth and do not bounce up and down and reciprocally the same. So I can quite understand that some users prefer to renounce than to see faulty animations. But in general, it looks more natural than the stiff Barbie boobs. : D

I think in general, with so much to look at in so many well thought out and detailed animations it kinda draws the attention away from it all and breaks the immersion for some :blush:

Others will love it and I get it completely :)

It's just a little too "Dead or Alive" for my tastes :lol:

Guest Redabyss

@Amra nono that seems completely natural, I mean I tried your animations with jiggly boobs, and some are kinda weird.

I agree that, for most part, these errors are negligible, but nonetheless are errors. Just saying that, while we have jiggly boobs now, it's still not perfect and some older animations have errors as a consequence.

I think it's a little silly to debate whether people should make their breast animations more "realistic" or not. There is plenty of room for both accurate realism and crazy jiggling. Different people have different tastes, I for one like variety. In any case I agree with earlier statements that ANY movement is better than super stiff Barby boobs.

I think it's the fact that they stay solid and Barbie-like and it's actually the skin around them that is animated, stretching and retracting,

I do fully appreciate the excitement of the matter as I wasn't a part of TS3 and I see a lot of fans miss that element,

It's definitely down to taste and it's nice that people have a choice :)

The rib cage in Ogah's gif is probably a mesh issue and not an animation or bone issue.  Almost all Sims 4 female top mesh replacements (and the default mesh) include breast weights on vertices below the breast mass to smooth the transition from the underside of the breasts to the chest, so the breast bone location influences those points.

As to why some of us are less hype than others to see any jiggle regardless of quality as opposed to no jiggle I want you to imagine a sort of... uncanny valley of sex animation.  For me the Sims is so ill suited to sex stuff that it's comfortably short of the valley and I'm perfectly happy to let it stay there.  You add explicit animations and you move towards the precipice, and the more realistic you make the animations the further it moves.  Good and bad jiggle animations can be for some what separates something from being at the very bottom of the valley from making it to the other side and coming back up again.

But that is outside the purview of this mod.  This mod has done all it can, now it falls to animators to do with it what they can.  I'm excited by the progress and the potential, but I'm an implacable critic and I don't see anything yet that really screams "gotta have it!"

WoOT!! We have breast bone movement in Sims 4!!

Thanks so much @Denton47 for sharing the needed change (as mentioned in your initial post of this thread) in SimulationFullBuild0.package:

8EAF13DE_00000000_D057FCC534C1BCBB

I definitely think you should keep this mod standalone. The mod affects Sims 4 override animations too!

Sims_4_Tickle_Mercilessly_Animation_Over

https://imgur.com/NsXyGSo

Sim on the right has only movement of breast bones (no rotation).

It's just proof of concept, needs a lot of work.

I created this override clip with Sims 4 Studio and Blender.

I need to learn how to animate someday  :D  - anyway, I just want to clarify that when the mod becomes part of WickedWhims it will still work with all animations in the game, not just the WW animations.

Just to clarify. Do I need,  Denton47 V2 or Denton47 V3. I downloaded the V2 the day it was released after the toddler fix and today I found the V3. So do I need to replace the V2 with the V3 or will it matter much? And @Denton, you are the Boobies God. Thanks so much for this.