Obviously it'll need a unique grab/killcam animation...unless it's not an adult mod. then it should have like...action game boss fight AI, maybe some attacks have more obvious giveaways that players needs to dodge or block/bash to survive, and players needs to multitask a bit to manage all the tentacles. and like...attacks where they raise the tentacles for heavy strikes and players need to get out of the way in the correct order(and maybe the orders are radiant, so you gotta really focus on the attacks to survive.). tentacle stab, ground swipes, slaps, ultimate attacks, enemy blocking and all that good stuff! and ranged combat too, where the monster can use ranged attacks against mages and archers, while it slowly close in on the player. possibilities for tentacles are limitless! but it's really easy to make them mediocre...oh! also metamorphosis phases where they shed their shell and becomes a different kind of enemy would be amazing. and hey, while you're at it, give it minions to spawn, like self destructive minions, or harassment. and what horrifying tentacle monster can live without eye laser?

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:31 AM, andybadass12 said:

Obviously it'll need a unique grab/killcam animation...unless it's not an adult mod. then it should have like...action game boss fight AI, maybe some attacks have more obvious giveaways that players needs to dodge or block/bash to survive, and players needs to multitask a bit to manage all the tentacles. and like...attacks where they raise the tentacles for heavy strikes and players need to get out of the way in the correct order(and maybe the orders are radiant, so you gotta really focus on the attacks to survive.). tentacle stab, ground swipes, slaps, ultimate attacks, enemy blocking and all that good stuff! and ranged combat too, where the monster can use ranged attacks against mages and archers, while it slowly close in on the player. possibilities for tentacles are limitless! but it's really easy to make them mediocre...oh! also metamorphosis phases where they shed their shell and becomes a different kind of enemy would be amazing. and hey, while you're at it, give it minions to spawn, like self destructive minions, or harassment. and what horrifying tentacle monster can live without eye laser?

Hmm... seems like a lot of extra work. I'm fine with new creatures that are unrelated to each other, but need to keep it simple or it will never be released. They main idea is for the base to be like a closed flower, then multiple root tentacles spawn like clutches and each clutch has their own hole they come out of.

All will be stationary, but with a long reach. The only one that will be exposed is the base if not in range. That will make the base vulnerable to range depending on it's location unless it has a way to defend or hide itself when attacked. It is intended to be a tough monster, but not intended to be a boss or really troublesome foe to get by as there won't just be one of them in the world. The mod is also just intended to be a recourse for sex mods, but does not mean the combat can't be tweaked by another mod.

Different types of tentacles will or can have it's own unique attacks. Such as a basic ground slam, or unique tentacles that can give shots or spew out gas that will effect the player in some way. I guess even long ranged attacking tentacles as well. The main mod is not intended to have sex animations and will need new mods for that. A grab and throw animation can be added and can be re-used to add sex animations in between.

"Why a throw animation?" it can be used for combat, and say you get impregnated with seed; If you die, the new plant grows there at a distance. If you don't die, you push it out later and can leave it there, or take it and use it for something. The seed model may just end up being a recourse.

17 hours ago, Headerman said:

Hey dood, sounds like an awesome project :) I was wondering if you could tell us what tools you use to create the models and textures?

Zbrush, Maya, Headus UV PRO, xNormal, Substance Live, and Photoshop with the Nvidia DDS plugin.

Although I am lacking experience with texture applications at the moment.

1 )  Model in ZBrush>

2 )  Import model to Maya, convert it to a GPU cache, and activate Live Surface>

3 )  Enable Quad Draw and use the model as a canvas to create the low poly model>

4 )  Import low poly model to ZBrush, make multiple subdivisions, project detail from the main model>

5 )  Toss aside old model, duplicate new model with multiple subdivisions, and delete all high subdivisions>

6or7 )  Import your low subdivision (low poly model) to Headus UV and make the UV map (triangulate before hand or try and copy-paste UVs later)>

6or7 )  Poly paint the new high poly model with multiple subdivisions in ZBrush>

8 Import low poly model with UV map and High poly model with poly paint as OBJ (after deleting all low subdivisions) into xNormal for normal map and color map baking>

9 )  Then you are done unless you want to further tweak the textures from the UV map or in 3D mode in Substance Live applications and/or Photoshop>

This is what I've been looking for !!, Would prefer to have some mobile versions of the creatures but im sure another modder can build on the content your making which is awesome by the way :)
In the meantime i guess that camping mod might become a new favorite of mine along with this one... 

Are you planning to have them act as a hive / breeding type like most tentacle stuff tends to go, or are you planning to just use something similar to SL-Defeat? Though i guess that depends on the skills of the people helping you since that is scripting and skyrim integration stuff.. Wish i could help, but dont have all the skills needed and don't have them time to help with the little i could :(   (attending college)

for the scripter not the graphical designer:  |
                                                                     \/
You should probably use SL-SeperateOrgasms given the nature of what your creating..

Integration with SL-BeeingFemale & SLBeeingFemale Creature birth addon, since for a hive it will need the breeding grounds to actually give children and not soul gems. Depending on how you want to handle that it might be a good idea to also allow for the occasional human female to be born and grow, thus providing the hive with additional breeding grounds (after growing up ofc)... 
BeeingFemale also has Character based NPC creation so features from the parents are adopted & randomized in the child. 
::A word of warning:: Child Behaviors are currently set to follower methods for the player parent, this would be a conflict >when< the player decides to escape. This could cause the child to either get attacked by the hive and if they aren't yet old enough to be a breeder potentially killed (really bad) or they may try to fight the hive and escape with the parent, while that is maybe an option to leave in, it brings into mind how will the child view the hive, as family or oppressors? If they view them as family they would likely side against the player parent, because no child wants to see there parents fighting let alone leaving eachother, it tends to be the most upsetting event in a childs life.

Should be worth noting an escaped breeder may want to return, how will that be handled, will the pack eventually give them the ability to leave at will? Will they send some with the breeder as protection? 

Estrus for skyrim may provide some animations but you should avoid using the mod itself, a lot of it's components have compatibility issues now, because they haven't been updated in a long time.  Correction, the NEXUS version has been updated Estrus for Skyrim may prove a good resource.

There are various egg related mods already available if going that route, but those mods tend to have somewhat absurd effects on there own, like you drank water and now your cursed to lay eggs constantly..  they can help but you should patch them for balancing if you use them.

DeviousDevices - will likely be a useful material source in a number of ways depending on how you want to implement things.

CapturedDreams the Shop, it might be useful for helping a captured breeder in escaping in some way? It has some methods already built in for similar situations.

SL-Aroused + This mod, an issue i should point out, is that SL-Aroused seems to make the player become more aroused more quickly with the frequency of stimulation it winds up becoming an ever devolving cycle you currently can't escape (without using the MCM and Debugging)
I would recommend that this mod use this to greater effect since the tentacles can and should provide far more stimulation than normal, However there does need to be a way of dealing with the after effects when one is freed of there clutches, perhaps a potion that resets arousal rate? Alternatively it could be a potion that suppresses arousal for a period of time thus causing it to be a forever haunting you sort of deal, Or a potion/treatment that reduces a percentage of it? 

MilkModEconomy, you might be able to avoid this one, i think beeing female might have it's own milking support, or you could avoid this aspect all together. Although if you chose to integrate it, some of the tentacles could also milk the parent and potentially feed the offspring with it.

***** Most important, dont forget a hive does not want anything bad to happen to there breeders, in addition to not killing them if they rebel, they should also protect them quite fiercely from outside attacks. A Breeder should definitely feel protected, to the point of feeling always watched if they are rebellious. ***** The hive needs them to survive, they can't continue to exist without the breeders...

8 hours ago, raz334 said:

Are you planning to have them act as a hive / breeding type like most tentacle stuff tends to go, or are you planning to just use something similar to SL-Defeat? Though i guess that depends on the skills of the people helping you since that is scripting and skyrim integration stuff..

Yes, it depends. Although I would prefer less dependencies as possible because new mods (dependencies) can come along that can take their place and do it better. Either no dependencies or SexLab + Defeat for the base mod, then patches for other mods mentioned after, either by the team, or other modders. It will likely come down to the animator and scripter.

18 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Update: Detail Half done

Will likely have 6 phonemes that I can make in the Zbrush "Layers" feature.

(Default Unhidden) 100% Errect

50% Erect

(Un-erect) Sheathed

Un-erect mini tentacles

Un-erect center mini tentacle

Hidden

711fdce58a36e3d7a710dad0803b05ea.png

nice, keep up the work!

New Idea. A vegetable or fruit that are similar to mushrooms. Or another way to put it, natures dildo.

So far, I've only thought of two types. One that grows on the ground, and one that grows on tree trunks.

1 ) Secretes something comparable to honey and cream.

2 ) To extract, cut it open or through rubbing.

3 ) Can be used in it's position, or plucked for one time use to extract the cream (in one way or another :classic_wink:), or used as an ingredient.

4 ) Other than the fluid and inner skin layer, it is poisonous, or inedible to a degree.

So with that, it would need just one animation; ejaculation with fluid. Also, ingredient models and HDT/SMP support.

Poison: causes and effects

1 ) constant physical contact increases sensitivity.

2 ) Consumed in small amount causes horniness, increased sensitivity, and hallucinations, This makes you easily susceptible, increases arousal, and can increase damage taken.

3 ) Consumed in large amounts can cause hallucinations, great pain that can slowly lower health over time and double damage taken. May also lead to heart attacks.

Of course it's just the description and some stuff can be skipped in gameplay, like hallucinations and heart attacks.

Any further ideas and or design references on this subject are welcome.

An idea for... extracting the benefits of the mushroom's 'cream' without picking it up; frequent use will cause sudden fungal growth up and around the player, trapping them while it extracts some 'cream' of its own from the player before shrinking back down?

On 4/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, NightroModzz said:

1 ) constant physical contact increases sensitivity.

2 ) Consumed in small amount causes horniness, increased sensitivity, and hallucinations, This makes you easily susceptible, increases arousal, and can increase damage taken.

3 ) Consumed in large amounts can cause hallucinations, great pain that can slowly lower health over time and double damage taken. May also lead to heart attacks.

Of course it's just the description and some stuff can be skipped in gameplay, like hallucinations and heart attacks.

Any further ideas and or design references on this subject are welcome.

1) Under this effect, bumping into people could increase arousal?

2) Hallucinations could be similar to a filter that another modder uses for his mod; Sacrificial Spriggan. When active it's very hard to see anything and things are tripled, psychedelic colours etc.

3) Should be easy to implement as a spell effect; poison, lower armour rate to 0 etc?

Update

Sorry, I just got back to this last not and have not worked on it since last Thursday. I was extra busy, and was absorbed in another project.

With that, does anybody have concerns over the height and thickness? Part of the top will go into the body like it's sheathed, and part of the body will go into ground.

Spoiler

05aeef86597dd776409e58ef0f8c7456.png

Just like the human body has multiple parts, this will too, such as; Head, body, and cover. I don't really need it myself, but I guess this makes the head part of the tentacles modular which will help other modders. The cover part will be where the root tentacle comes out of and hides in, as well as having an open and close animation. This mesh can be re-used and re-scaled for different tentacles.

I should have another update tonight or tomorrow.

This probably goes along with the list of things you need help with, but one possible idea is to have perhaps a few of these tentacle creatures placed across the game world, which might vary in how their encounter works. Some might be docile, such as you would basically need to consent to any interaction, while others might be more forceful, either in the sense that, you still have a choice, but it's consideration of you, would be different or you wouldn't have any choice. I'd suggest some kind of visual method to determine this, such as the way they are textured, etc. Just so it can easily be worked out from a distance. 

Obviously this means dialog based interactions, which could easily have integration with other mods(like the SL Aroused Redux, and any of the creatures mentioning your level of arousal), and more importantly makes these have character, instead of just semi-random encounters that don't have any significance beyond say, the effect on your character afterward(other than the possible active effects). 

Though what I could easily mention is obvious, having one that is either in one of the existing Apocrypha levels, or in a new one, using one of the oil/slime pools as a base(where the existing tentacles can either damage the PC or throw them out of the book/level).

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:06 AM, Kuroyami said:

I have thought of interactable tentacles, just not much thought was put into it. How about "The Tentacle Pit, AKA Club Tentacle." There can be a number of them across Skyrim and are hosted by tentacle tamers. That is more work than necessary though. Some other modder can do that and have this as a requirement. The goal for this mod is to have the least requirements possible.

Update

I was hoping to have more done, but may as well post something.

I decided to work on this and add the final details on the current tentacle WIP when the model for this is done. Although, further work and rescaling for the tentacle has already been done.

This is what I guess I'm calling the tentacle pod. It is just the base shape before further detail is added, so won't bother posting a pic of the high poly version. The inner topology is not finished and some minor topology experimenting is still going on. It should end up having some life-like detail. This will be used for most of the various tentacle types with the same texture. The only difference will be the size depending on the tentacle type.

8d953979e5557ba3db0c6b2ace917589.png

The blue you see is kind of like webbed skin. it will only be visible for the most part when it is open. The red area will have tiny tentacles extruded there. Those tiny tentacles are there to help gather nutrient and underground defense against critter that might want a nibble. This greatly helps with the life-like detail.

The idea is that the root tentacle grows away from the main and out towards the ground. The underground root is like armor or an armored tunnel for the tentacle. But how should I put it... the root is not much of a root at all. At the end of the armored root, a tentacle pod grows with most of the top popping out of the ground. This acts as a base for the tentacle. The mini tentacle attached to the pods act more like roots on steroids. Aside from the armor roots (not really roots), the main would also have larger roots like the ones on the pods deeper into the ground. Those ones won't be modeled though, and neither will the armored roots.