7 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Whatever else, no matter how many people can't figure out what seems so easy to the rest of us you are still a singular hero here.

Without you and the work you've done, most of this forum probably wouldn't exist at all.  There probably wouldn't be even a quarter of the non-adult mods here if the adult mods you made possible didn't exist.

Just luck. Being at the right place at the right time.

But many thanks. :blush:

5 hours ago, Piiska said:

Now that's true, FNIS really is a big enabler when it comes to that.

Also, fore, I sent you a pm. If you're still willing to help me troubleshoot lets continue with private messages.

No, we need to discuss this in public, since the two of us will probably not be able to fix that alone. I don't know if t.ara's place is the right one, but maybe he is involved. 

First of all, please try to better describe where you get t-pose. "it seems general animations are not working properly either since characters will stay in the pose while moving or crouching" is too vague, since it might only address LL animations. What about drawing a weapon? Attacking?

The most obvious problem is that file you have shown: ZazAPOA009.hkx (almost impossible to read, please change Notepad++ next to view -> Automatic linefeed (or similar))

Where did you get this from? That is not the file you have shown the first time. And it is not the ZaZAnimationPack file that I use for my testing (which is from 1/2015).

This file has a format I have never seen before. Does it work at all? Somehow I doubt, because you are currently the only one I know who reports these incompatibility messages.

29 minutes ago, fore said:

No, we need to discuss this in public, since the two of us will probably not be able to fix that alone. I don't know if t.ara's place is the right one, but maybe he is involved. 

First of all, please try to better describe where you get t-pose. "it seems general animations are not working properly either since characters will stay in the pose while moving or crouching" is too vague, since it might only address LL animations. What about drawing a weapon? Attacking?

The most obvious problem is that file you have shown: ZazAPOA009.hkx (almost impossible to read, please change Notepad++ next to view -> Automatic linefeed (or similar))

Where did you get this from? That is not the file you have shown the first time. And it is not the ZaZAnimationPack file that I use for my testing (which is from 1/2015).

This file has a format I have never seen before. Does it work at all? Somehow I doubt, because you are currently the only one I know who reports these incompatibility messages.

I had the T-pose at all times but I did not try to draw a weapon or attack. I only tried standing, walking, running, crouching and jumping. All npcs were in that T-pose as well when I was at Dawnstar.

Ok, changed the view: https://imgur.com/sPRO4JV

The file is from t.ara here https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4688-zaz-animation-pack-v-80-2017-11-15/ 

I agree that this is probably the wrong place to discuss this. I just first made the mistake of thinking it had something to do with his ZAP 8. Instead I should have posted in technical issues. My bad. There is no support thread at his mod page and t.ara mentions to post issues here instead. "If you have important problems, you may post them "p.m." or by using the TUFP-thread."

1 hour ago, Piiska said:

I had the T-pose at all times but I did not try to draw a weapon or attack. I only tried standing, walking, running, crouching and jumping. All npcs were in that T-pose as well when I was at Dawnstar.

Ok, changed the view: https://imgur.com/sPRO4JV

The file is from t.ara here https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4688-zaz-animation-pack-v-80-2017-11-15/ 

I agree that this is probably the wrong place to discuss this. I just first made the mistake of thinking it had something to do with his ZAP 8. Instead I should have posted in technical issues. My bad. There is no support thread at his mod page and t.ara mentions to post issues here instead. "If you have important problems, you may post them "p.m." or by using the TUFP-thread."

No. You ARE at the right place here. Because these files ARE t.ara's work. So far I have refused to download something from mega.nz. But I have now, and yes, t.ara has provided these strange files.

t.ara: how did you create them? Why are these files not in regular compressed hkx format (not even in the hkx tagged one)? Are you sure they work? You never tried the "HKX Compatibility Check?"

To make things clear: these are only warnings. They don't have ANY influence on the FNIS results. I only was digging in there because USUALLY the warning is indicating hkx files that will cause either general or animation specific t-pose. If these t.ara files should be correct, then there must be another reason why that happens.

Therefore it would be important that you, Piiska, finally specify the extent of t-pose. All character animations including vanilla ones (e.g. attack)? And what about these SRB Creatures?

But be that as it may, this is something you have to figure. Becasue as soon as MO is involved I always retreat for know reasons. I would recommend that you

- make sure that you don't have an old lingering MO overwrite

- start uninstalling critical mods (the ones that cause this warning)

- run FNIS, but remove all behavior files from the overwrite (just temporarily)

I´m nearly ready to upload again two new identical versions of the zap-pack (CBBE- and UUNP - HDT).

You can download the files very soon inside a complete new thread.

The upstairs discussed animations (that are listed as ZazAPOA009.hkx and following animations), are new offset-animations (very much like poses, looped-like all of my stuff) and can only be used, if the zap 8.0 is resetted, so that the framework can register them!

As that animations are all created with the official HAVOK-tool (exactly I work like BERGZORE, who created lot of animations for skyrim (youtube)), there´s no other third-party stuff influencing the workflow. If that animations are not compatible, all my created animations are not compatible and the HAVOK-TOOL is also not compatible. Luckily I don´t have such problems here - if I would not be able to create working animations in the past, I surely would not have got into creating new stuff for the zap-resource.

My test of an animation playing within FNIS is ingame: if it is free from issures it is done!

I would not trust to a software, if an animation is "compatible", or not...lot of older animations do not even suit to the latest skeletons.

And I did not get an answer, HOW to check HKX-files to be compatible for skyrim !!!

(I created lot of animations with errors in the past, with wrong tools and software, that were still playing ingame and distorted the skeleton-bones to become an alien....and I´m sure that those animations would been passing such "compatibility-checks")

At least for me is fine, what is working perfect without issures - and then if it is alright working, I go to share it.

I could list some vanilla animations, that don´t call their animated objects or crap-off with missalignment and "jumps" or they have "jittering" by the way-the vanilla "havok behavior" has lot of errors.

And nobody takes care of that.

At least I could make a list, which mods cause which "side-effect" in skyrim.

But I think that everybody has to find out what stuff is working fine and what stuff is harming the game

or spending "new" problems. Some mods can be "cleaned", others will damage, if you clean

them and so on.

Such errors like upstairs have always to be circled out by switching off/away other mods. Keep the stuff that works and slowly

add one mod by the other, testing-adding, testing and so on.

And there´s a huge palette of mods, that influence each other or bring new unwanted effects if they are together running.

3 hours ago, t.ara said:

I´m nearly ready to upload again two new identical versions of the zap-pack (CBBE- and UUNP - HDT).

You can download the files very soon inside a complete new thread.

The upstairs discussed animations (that are listed as ZazAPOA009.hkx and following animations), are new offset-animations (very much like poses, looped-like all of my stuff) and can only be used, if the zap 8.0 is resetted, so that the framework can register them!

As that animations are all created with the official HAVOK-tool (exactly I work like BERGZORE, who created lot of animations for skyrim (youtube)), ......................

Why do you start that kind of argument? This HKX check is only there to HELP USERS figure out where they have mixed Oldrim and SSE animations. It's not a certification of anyone's work, or whatever you seem afraid of. I just want to understand.

So far FNIS recognizes 3 hkx formats: 32bit compressed, 64bit compressed, system-independent tagged. Now you are the first to come up with a new format. No one else used that. Not even BERGZORE. I checked 3 of his mods, including the most recent (Badass). They are all regular 32bit compressed.

The reason why I ask you is to determine what FNIS has to do to recognize your special format. And if this format is System dependent, how can I distinguish between 32bit and 64 bit. And a little bit of help from your side could benefit more than a long argument.

But before I do that, I think the question is legitimate: WHY? Is it really necessary to create it that way. When Bergzore didn't use this format, why do you? Did you just miss a proper parameter? Just because you can use it in a few cases, is it reasonable to use it? This format was never used by Bethesda's test, or all of the modders games all the years. Can it casue problems? Remember, we still don't know where Piiska's problems come from.

EDIT: this special format seems to work for both 32 and 64 bit. Apparently another Havok system-independent representation. Something in between 32 bit compressed and tagged. I will simply skip the test for files starting with hex "1E".

Interesting. Your compatibility check ended up revealing a new format lol. That explains the warnings at least.

But yes! I had the t-pose even with vanilla animations. Standing, walking, running, crouching, jumping, combat. Whatever I did, my character stayed in the T-pose. Why this is so strange is because I had no such problem with the older version and my mod setup was exactly the same except newer FNIS version. And I indeed made sure there was no lingering MO overwrites so it cannot be that either. 

Anyways, I ended up deleting everything. Every single mod. I'm now re-installing and hopefully I can discover when the problem hits, if it will hit at all this time. In the end, there might be nothing wrong with the ZAP 8 pack (for all we know), but something definitely messed up in my game. And as you said, if FNIS had compatibility checks earlier, the same warnings might have been there.

So I will try to report here if I get the same problem with a clean install including the Skyrim itself.

....for FORE:

In future I´ll change my animation-format as now I have practised by exporting some so called compressed  32 bit pack - files (win32-format). This files are,  against my expectations, a little bigger !! than my before exported files and I did not test them in the game.

I will not start any more questions as I don´t get any serious information about technical stuff like this. There´s also nothing in the guides as far I could find.

I exported TAG-files instead of the above mentioned file format for now.

I would regret if such type of animations would cause problems for the skyrim gameplay, but I luckily could not localize any disadvantage for now.

1 hour ago, Piiska said:

Interesting. Your compatibility check ended up revealing a new format lol. That explains the warnings at least.

But yes! I had the t-pose even with vanilla animations. Standing, walking, running, crouching, jumping, combat. Whatever I did, my character stayed in the T-pose. Why this is so strange is because I had no such problem with the older version and my mod setup was exactly the same except newer FNIS version. And I indeed made sure there was no lingering MO overwrites so it cannot be that either. 

Anyways, I ended up deleting everything. Every single mod. I'm now re-installing and hopefully I can discover when the problem hits, if it will hit at all this time. In the end, there might be nothing wrong with the ZAP 8 pack (for all we know), but something definitely messed up in my game. And as you said, if FNIS had compatibility checks earlier, the same warnings might have been there.

So I will try to report here if I get the same problem with a clean install including the Skyrim itself.

Do you use mod organizer (MO)? I never had to reinstall skyrim or mods when using that. Especially not for FNIS.

I have one FNIS version for EVERY mod profile. So I have profile 01-10 and I have FNIS installed 10 times, changing the exe in managing the programs each time I run FNIS for a certain profile.

No idea if this is the way it is intended (never found a really useful tutorial, just pieces...), but any other thing I did (like having only one FNIS for all profiles) always got me T-Poses when changing profile, no matter what I did. Only thing solving this was running FNIS any time I changed profile, but well, that is nuts.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

....for FORE:

In future I´ll change my animation-format as now I have practised by exporting some so called compressed  32 bit pack - files (win32-format). This files are,  against my expectations, a little bigger !! than my before exported files and I did not test them in the game.

I will not start any more questions as I don´t get any serious information about technical stuff like this. There´s also nothing in the guides as far I could find.

I exported TAG-files instead of the above mentioned file format for now.

I would regret if such type of animations would cause problems for the skyrim gameplay, but I luckily could not localize any disadvantage for now.

For me it would be interesting to know how you created these files. 3DS Max? And there? Export does not hat THAT many options? Or, in other word, what did you change to get win-32?

THe question for me also is: is this format is save, then why not release everything in this format? Only 30% more space, but working for both Skyrims.

3 hours ago, Piiska said:

Please do me a favor, and remove ONLY the mods that give those warnings. That way we can exclude the influence of that format.

If this is not the case, I am rather certain that it is either a hidden, old FNIS Overwrite, or an MO bug. One of the MO bugs which were the reason of my quarrel with the MO author (and my refusal to support MO), was the misplacement of FNIS generated files under certain conditions. There was a case where Vilja had a bsa which included a modified behavior file. If this was the case, and there was a certain load order, then the FNIS generated file (with the same name) would not be placed into the overwrite, but into the Vilja mod folder. Because of the load order, you would never find this bug, until you would uninstall Vilja.

The reason why I exclude other possibilities almost 100% is the fact that you have general t-pose. Other causes:

- a behavior file is "bad". But the usual cause for that is using SSE mods. And there is no hint in your FNIS output any more. And I know of no case that FNIS generates bad files.

- a skeleton hkx file is bad. But FNIS is able to read your skeletons and report the proper type.

38 minutes ago, fore said:

For me it would be interesting to know how you created these files. 3DS Max? And there? Export does not hat THAT many options? Or, in other word, what did you change to get win-32?

THe question for me also is: is this format is save, then why not release everything in this format? Only 30% more space, but working for both Skyrims.

Easy!

You have a checkbox for chosing tag or pack-files...packfiles come in different formats, one of them is "win32", others can be "playstation" and so on...

I must really tell you, that I did not give much for it, because it always has been working, that way-or the other way...3dsmax2010 combined with the suiting exporter tool is producing always fine working animations out of the box.

In the past I thought it may be better not to comprimate the animation-files (comprimating music for example results always into a worse quality, here it may be different)...

You want to say, that my animations do work at the same time inside the skyrim SE ???:classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

Easy!

You have a checkbox for chosing tag or pack-files...packfiles come in different formats, one of them is "win32", others can be "playstation" and so on...

I must really tell you, that I did not give much for it, because it always has been working, that way-or the other way...3dsmax2010 combined with the suiting exporter tool is producing always fine working animations out of the box.

In the past I thought it may be better not to comprimate the animation-files (comprimating music for example results always into a worse quality, here it may be different)...

You want to say, that my animations do work at the same time inside the skyrim SE ???:classic_biggrin:

I have to confess that I confused something. And that format that you have actually IS tag format. Which is machine-independent. The other "strange" format was xml, used in the leito kissing animations. And that's why they are so extremely large.

But I still would be careful to use it. "Your" tagfile format was never used and tested in all these years, and with Skyrim you will never know what causes CTD where.

And there is no reason to be concerned about packed/compressed hkx format. The same as in zip files. They are always compressed by default, and you always get the original 100% of the files back. :grin:

I can of course jump over to the pack-files. Interesting is, that inside the guide of the havok-tool is that option, but they don´t lose any wise sentence about it..."default setting" is pack-file win32....if they would have driven the mods into madness, I think I would have felt it here from the gameplay response...somehow.

Thanks for this diving into the deep- as far I could follow you.

:classic_blush:

On 3.2.2018 at 11:13 PM, fore said:

Please do me a favor, and remove ONLY the mods that give those warnings. That way we can exclude the influence of that format.

If this is not the case, I am rather certain that it is either a hidden, old FNIS Overwrite, or an MO bug. One of the MO bugs which were the reason of my quarrel with the MO author (and my refusal to support MO), was the misplacement of FNIS generated files under certain conditions. There was a case where Vilja had a bsa which included a modified behavior file. If this was the case, and there was a certain load order, then the FNIS generated file (with the same name) would not be placed into the overwrite, but into the Vilja mod folder. Because of the load order, you would never find this bug, until you would uninstall Vilja.

The reason why I exclude other possibilities almost 100% is the fact that you have general t-pose. Other causes:

- a behavior file is "bad". But the usual cause for that is using SSE mods. And there is no hint in your FNIS output any more. And I know of no case that FNIS generates bad files.

- a skeleton hkx file is bad. But FNIS is able to read your skeletons and report the proper type.

I can now confirm that the format is not at fault here. I did a complete fresh install with same mod setup, but without ZAP 8 and I still got T-pose. Now it's getting interesting what could cause the t-pose. 

I can also confirm that the version doesn't have anything to do with it. I tried 6.3 again and still have the pose. I don't understand. I never had any issues with this before and now all of a sudden I do. This is getting interesting now haha. I REALLY want to know which mod is causing it.

This time FNIS Sexy Move gave me a message "Last FNIS generation failed"

46 minutes ago, Piiska said:

This time FNIS Sexy Move gave me a message "Last FNIS generation failed"

So run FNIS again and this time don't ignore warnings, errors and for pity sake select all the options for mods you have installed but don't select any options for mods you don't have installed, all of those things cause FNIS to not generate so fix them ALL.

@fore I'm still trying to pinpoint what could cause the issue. I'm going to deactivate more mods and see if it is in fact, MO, that is screwing with me. I know it's not animation amount either because I deactivated most of the packs. I thought maybe I had too many animations installed for the game to handle, which could have potentially caused this so I uninstalled most of the animation packs and that did not help either.

I AM going to find the culprit gosh darn! I'm just curious what will it be haha

@t.ara Sorry for "hijacking" your thread like this for a little. I thought first there could be issues with your ZAP 8 mod but it turned out that's not the case. I should have done some more troubleshooting on my own before coming here but hey, lesson learned.

I hope the format discussion was of some use at the very least. For both you and fore.

E: Alright boys, getting closer. It is one of the animation packs which is causing the issue. This time I deactivated them all and the T-pose disappeared, it seems earlier when I deactivated some of them, the problematic one was left on. Let's see which one.

Problem finally solved. There are several versions of Mitos' animation packs around LL. It is one of those that is causing the problem and more specifically this one: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/55268-sexlab-animation-loader-guide/?page=21&tab=comments#comment-1562416 posted by tendaris.

It seems that at the same time when I updated some mods such as FNIS, etc, I also changed my working version of Mitos' pack into that one and had no idea that could cause problems.

Now my game is working again. I hope this hassle will help some people who has this same issue.

And to all who thought I installed FNIS wrong, things are not always so black and white. *Waves at WaxenFigure*

10 hours ago, Piiska said:

And to all who thought I installed FNIS wrong, things are not always so black and white. *Waves at WaxenFigure*

The FNIS output you had posted showed that you had selected the "Gender Specific Animations" option and also that you had no gender specific animations installed.  That was a mistake, a simple mistake but a mistake nonetheless. 

In no way though am I unhappy that you figured out the problem and are now playing the game as you want.  So go and have fun, you deserve it.  I only point this out because I want you to remain aware of this particular pitfall.

38 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

The FNIS output you had posted showed that you had selected the "Gender Specific Animations" option and also that you had no gender specific animations installed.  That was a mistake, a simple mistake but a mistake nonetheless. 

In no way though am I unhappy that you figured out the problem and are now playing the game as you want.  So go and have fun, you deserve it.  I only point this out because I want you to remain aware of this particular pitfall.

Ok now you are just mistaking me for someone else. I only linked the FULL FNIS generator output for fore through a private message so there is no way you even saw it. And on top of that this is what it has: No GENDER directory male 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\female

1 GENDER modifications for Animations\female

My FNIS install was 100% correct. The reason why I had T-pose was a non-working Mitos' animation pack as I said in my previous message.

1 hour ago, Piiska said:

Ok now you are just mistaking me for someone else. I only linked the FULL FNIS generator output for fore through a private message so there is no way you even saw it. And on top of that this is what it has: No GENDER directory male 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\female

1 GENDER modifications for Animations\female

My FNIS install was 100% correct. The reason why I had T-pose was a non-working Mitos' animation pack as I said in my previous message.

If your output wasn't posted here then you are correct, I didn't look back as I thought it was you who had posted the last output but since I regularly check peoples output it is very easy to cross wires. 

Have fun playing the game, I am which is why I'm still here after so many years.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question.

The new ZaZ 8 pack says to de-install the "TaraUltimateFurniturePack" as part of installing it but in doing so I loose access to the bridge and house area near river wood.  Is there a standalone mod of just that area or a way to install the furniture pack that will not cause about 300 conflicts in FNIS? 

Thanks in advance.

On 16. Februar 2018 at 6:06 AM, animeace said:

Quick question.

The new ZaZ 8 pack says to de-install the "TaraUltimateFurniturePack" as part of installing it but in doing so I loose access to the bridge and house area near river wood.  Is there a standalone mod of just that area or a way to install the furniture pack that will not cause about 300 conflicts in FNIS? 

Thanks in advance.

hi, you have to drop the tufp for zap 8 and 8 plus...the "castle" is then gone. It has been a castle??...It was a test-area and was not navmeshed at all-don´t worry, I´ll create much more nice stuff in future as a single mod:-))

6 hours ago, t.ara said:

hi, you have to drop the tufp for zap 8 and 8 plus...the "castle" is then gone. It has been a castle??...It was a test-area and was not navmeshed at all-don´t worry, I´ll create much more nice stuff in future as a single mod:-))

Thanks.  I just started adult modding skyrim in the last couple weeks so only had a chance to poke around in there an hour or 2 before i found the new Zap 8.  Look forward to your future creations.  from what little I saw they will be epic.