Well, people who use this mod, will probably be using other mods as well, and there's no telling what they did to value their equipment up or down.

My own games run on very low amounts of gold and loot. Medieval Economy, Morrowloot Ultimate, Scarcity... The rare things I do find are treasured indeed. :)

Well, people who use this mod, will probably be using other mods as well, and there's no telling what they did to value their equipment up or down.

My own games run on very low amounts of gold and loot. Medieval Economy, Morrowloot Ultimate, Scarcity... The rare things I do find are treasured indeed. :)

Duely noted. And I actually have to agree with monsta88

I too don't like to loose my gear at all.

- Defeat is set to unequip, not steal nor drop.

- 0% chance to have things stolen...

More because I don't like having to gather the materials again to make them.

But naturally, I have to take the other side of that coin, that points out a few other factors. Didn't mean to come off as indifferent about it.

Now if I have the materials already stashed away, As I tend to have multiples of my gear premade, and stored at one or more of my homes for rare cases like this prison... Thing is, until I started working on this mod, I wasn't ever sent to prison with any real crime gold value. Less than 1000 value, and just didn't have it on me to cover the cost. Killing Heimskr, I usually ended up doing when my Stealth was at or higher than 60, and archery at least a 50, from a nearby roof top, and just stay hidden till they lower their guard... Can't prove I did it... Dat's me, the assassin.

As for the mod, I think I have the approach working again. I need to adjust their speed a bit. To let me know they are approaching, they look like they are ready to fight. Also, when he got to me, I told him I needed to teach him some manners, and it skipped the fight and I got screwed, no complaints, but I have to look into that as well...

If there is no way to get back my gear, then I definitely won't try this mod. Escape sounds fun, but not if I lose everything. The alternative, the mining is boring.

As an escaped convict, your bounty is not cleared. I'm assuming that if you get picked up and returned to Raven Beak Prison to serve your sentence, you'll get your gear back on proper release.

It might be a good idea to clarify this in the mod's description so it doesn't scare people off the mod. After due testing that this does work of course.

As a rule of thumb I avoid mods or mod features which lead to lose gear. For example I don't use Devious Surrender LITE until Jim adds an option to not drop the equipped weapon to the ground - just unequip it. It is okay to accidentally lose some beginner gear, but you definitely reload when you can't find your Legendary Dragon sword because it was catapulted away by a spell.

When I have Cursed Loot in the modlist, I turn off the option for enemies to rob my character. DCUR stores the items on the NPC who might disappear/despawn with them (happened to me).

So when I see something like this in the mod description, it is a definite no go. And as I wrote, if I can't escape (because I can't get my gear back before I escape), mining is just simply boring (for me at least).

This mod should have a function to store the gear somewhere in the building and the player can get there somehow. A bit similar like the regular jails with the 2 chests. One holds the prisoner's gear, the other holds the stolen items. You can choose to risk being noticed when you lockpick those chests, even if there is no bounty on you.

For now I follow the mod and see how it goes. The modder stated this is his 1st mod, so I definitely won't be impatient. Actually that is why I took the time to add a comment - feedback is important for every modder, especially for the new ones.

For typical purposes, it can not be reclaimed before you escape. And getting sent into the prison does have a "reset" function call I did notice in the original scripts.

However, you can "cheat" to get it back, without using command code ctl, instead, bump a guard into the side gate of the hallway, and the guard tends to open the door for you. Run in, grab your gear from the chest, and exit. Might have to bump another guard into the gate to get out. But save that for when the escape quest activates, because I have noticed, when I loose a fight, all my current items are removed, and I don't know where they go.

And, I just have to say it...

I make all my own gear, so loosing the current gear list is of no great loss, can remake the items. And using the "built in" game artifacts are a joke. Aurial's bow, even upgraded, can't compare to a normal elven bow fully upgraded, damage at max upgrade is about 10% difference in favor of the Elven Bow. *that is without the use of mods to enhance how strong you can upgrade items.* That Legendary Dragon Bone sword you are so fond of, that you found in a dungeon, is not as strong as 1 you craft at the forge, and upgrade personally with 100 Forge skill, Even upgrading it is still less damage dealt than the one you made yourself.

Adding to the todo list.

And I am still learning how CK puts it all together. Once the initial enhancements are working again. I can flush out the escape quest. You will love this one. I am going to give your gear to NPC's on the way back to Skyrim. So you get to fight for your gear you left behind in the prison when the Escape quest starts.

Gear is one thing, but what about unique items? For example I regularly use Dragonborn Gallery in my games. It has hundreds of unique items in it, which I also don't want to lose.

The Legendary Dragon sword was just an example, but still: not all character have maxed out Smithing/Alchemy/Enchanting. A good looted sword can go a long way, especially at lower levels.

One more thing: Giving the player's gear to NPC is also not a good idea. Why:

- NPC can die and/or despawn -> gear is lost (that's exactly what happened in Cursed Loot, see my example above)

- NPC corpse can get lost -> gear is lost

- NPC will use the gear -> he can become imba, depending on the gear. Also, it is annoying when an NPC uses up the charges from a Staff, reads the scrolls, drinks the potions, uses up the Daedric arrows, etc.

I'm the exact opposite. If I've been captured and enslaved, it makes all the sense in the world that my stuff is taken, never to be returned. On my games, if I get enslaved by SD, I never recover my old gear from the chest in Sanguine's realm. On other slave mods, after I've escaped, I regularly dump the items in my inventory that would logically have been taken away from me. I set defeat to strip, and if I don't make it back to that location before the stuff is gone, it's just gone.

Of course, that's the beauty of a game like this: everyone gets to play it how they like it. :)

Gear is one thing, but what about unique items? For example I regularly use Dragonborn Gallery in my games. It has hundreds of unique items in it, which I also don't want to lose.

The Legendary Dragon sword was just an example, but still: not all character have maxed out Smithing/Alchemy/Enchanting. A good looted sword can go a long way, especially at lower levels.

One more thing: Giving the player's gear to NPC is also not a good idea. Why:

- NPC can die and/or despawn -> gear is lost (that's exactly what happened in Cursed Loot, see my example above)

- NPC corpse can get lost -> gear is lost

- NPC will use the gear -> he can become imba, depending on the gear. Also, it is annoying when an NPC uses up the charges from a Staff, reads the scrolls, drinks the potions, uses up the Daedric arrows, etc.

the "giving to NPCs" was kind of a tease... It might take a bit, or a special patch, to send items of value X and higher to another chest near or in Skyrim at the boarder to horde your important gear.

That being said, Perhaps you could set it up to set up a different chest the gear gets sent to for your game, even a chest in one of your own homes. Many options available there. Simple instructions using the CK, after loading this mod, none active, so you can update without having to redo the patch every time, only if the script QF_RavenBeakPrisonQuest_020052D5 changes.

Quest = RavenBeakPrisonQuest => Papyrus Fragment => Properties choose PlayerItemChest, edit Value... Have your home loaded in the 3D window, and set reference in Render Window, Double click on a chest, dresser, or what ever, and your gear will be sent there instead of the one in the prison.

Save as, and you have just generated your own little patch to keep your items in a safe location till you can get there. I don't recommend adding anything to the place you keep them, because when you exit through mining, the entire contents of the chest are dumped into your inventory.

And I think this would be the best compromise at this time.

I'm the exact opposite. If I've been captured and enslaved, it makes all the sense in the world that my stuff is taken, never to be returned. On my games, if I get enslaved by SD, I never recover my old gear from the chest in Sanguine's realm. On other slave mods, after I've escaped, I regularly dump the items in my inventory that would logically have been taken away from me. I set defeat to strip, and if I don't make it back to that location before the stuff is gone, it's just gone.

Of course, that's the beauty of a game like this: everyone gets to play it how they like it. :)

I don't go quite that far, but I find it annoying to have my items sliding around and away as I am getting ... small glitches in the havok...

Going to give this another test.... Hoping to have another post in this thread with something testable by others, to see if it works for ya'll as well.

Please test this one, in mine, the inmates are still teleporting to the areas.

- Fixed Inmate Approach?
- Added a twist when approached - Leads to sex without combat *Plan to expand on*
- When "teaching manners" did not have a chance to check it this go round. Will the fight start, or will it go straight to sex?

- Inmates teleport to the mine central room, then move to their assigned locations. *Wait 1 hour*
- Inmates still seem stuck in their rooms when not waiting...

Generated Seq file
updated several scripts, and added 2 new scripts to hand the twist on approach.

Previous test runs failed the ... cut.

post-340504-0-62488900-1496683188_thumb.jpg post-340504-0-00538700-1496683251_thumb.jpg post-340504-0-15212600-1496683268_thumb.jpg

If i lose my stuff, i lose my stuff and make some new ones at the forge

But in the meantime, i like taking armour off my death enemies and continue playing, so i put different armors on different occasion.

That is why i used combat arousal and that make some of my armors break and i have to find some on my ennemies  and i would really really really like it if someday someone make a simple weapon and armor mod that breaks weapons and the others pieces not just the four primary ones.

Naked dungeons does it a little bit but you must have to be immortal

Oh well gonna give the new updates a test

With this, there's only Davina, the bearded lady, in the mine. She walks around and mines, but my PC wasn't approached for ore demands.

The only other inmates that I saw were a couple that stood in the gateway leaing out of the main hall.

With this, there's only Davina, the bearded lady, in the mine. She walks around and mines, but my PC wasn't approached for ore demands.

The only other inmates that I saw were a couple that stood in the gateway leaing out of the main hall.

I saw three groups of inmates who were doing nothing just standing where they were but the others were doing their routine.  It was beautifull to see.

Gromoak, Demetius, Seader

Bhakis and the argonians (3)

Arydan, Tythius, Ignatis and Trillian

The others were following routine and left at 6 walking to the yard and doing their things right but in my quest it was still saying mine time....have you changed the hours ?

I didnt get approached in the time i was in the mine and in the yard

I dont know what you did to the others inmates that i didnt name because they were doing their routines.

I think its a step in the right direction but why name the file 17-2 should have i installed 17 firts ? i didnt

I saw three groups of inmates who were doing nothing just standing where they were but the others were doing their routine.  It was beautifull to see.

Gromoak, Demetius, Seader

Bhakis and the argonians (3)

Arydan, Tythius, Ignatis and Trillian

The others were following routine and left at 6 walking to the yard and doing their things right but in my quest it was still saying mine time....have you changed the hours ?

I didnt get approached in the time i was in the mine and in the yard

I dont know what you did to the others inmates that i didnt name because they were doing their routines.

I think its a step in the right direction but why name the file 17-2 should have i installed 17 firts ? i didnt

Nope, the -# is the alpha, when we get alpha straight, it becomes 1.18 for the download.

Glad to see you have similar effect as me. even if I really was hoping it was just mine with the few that do nothing.

Am thinking I will need to make their own sandbox modes. I gave them all the same sandbox code, so all should be moving around.

Player timer is different from NPC timer.

Mine till 8 pm

2 hour yard

1 hour shower

then back in the cell

Shame approach is not working for you still. But, can kill those that stand around, and harvest ore from them, I noticed today, dead or alive, they gain ore at mine time. Is funny, I love it.

- Recap, This form or sand boxing only works with the specific, so a new sandbox will be needed for each group... kitty needs a new litter box. After my current test, I will see what I can do with it.

- I was approached twice in the main hall of the cells, near the stairs. So it is trying to work, but not ready yet.

Did you grab the one from my post a bit ago with 17-2? And a new game?

Wow, you're the best for bringing this one back! It was really weird, actually. I missed Ravenbeak and decided to poke around at it in TES5Edit to see if I could fix a few problems myself. I ran into something in one of the scripts and I was just about to post something about it, then I came across this.

I'm really glad to see you working on this. Going to give it a shot later tonight!

Wow, you're the best for bringing this one back! It was really weird, actually. I missed Ravenbeak and decided to poke around at it in TES5Edit to see if I could fix a few problems myself. I ran into something in one of the scripts and I was just about to post something about it, then I came across this.

I'm really glad to see you working on this. Going to give it a shot later tonight!

The one in the thread will have the alpha version, little tweaks as I go, to get a general feel of how the mod will work for everyone.

What were you going to post about it? Might save me some trouble trying to locate the same issues you found.

Apparently I haven't found the lighting settings for the CK yet, but gave it more candles to give it reason as to why it might be so bright in the main hall.

before

post-340504-0-04198600-1496737058_thumb.jpg

I am also currently watching the inmates to see what they will do. If they all follow the routines I will be happy enough to toss it in the thread here. Nothing so far... back to the drawing board.

I think I might have found the lighting section.

after

post-340504-0-74162000-1496738781_thumb.jpg

Apparently I haven't found the lighting settings for the CK yet, but gave it more candles to give it reason as to why it might be so bright in the main hall.

before

attachicon.gif20170606031503_1.jpg

I am also currently watching the inmates to see what they will do. If they all follow the routines I will be happy enough to toss it in the thread here. Nothing so far... back to the drawing board.

after

attachicon.gif20170606034457_1.jpg

Hey there! I'm happy to apply what I know in order to help you out. My knowledge is limited, but I'm sure I can find my way around, if given enough time. Do you happen to have the source files for the mod? I'm poking around with TES5Edit (something that I was using to work with the original mod).

I can't really guarantee any results, but I'll give it my best. I've managed to edit/fix a mod once before, years ago.

before

attachicon.gif20170606031503_1.jpg

after

attachicon.gif20170606034457_1.jpg

Hey there! I'm happy to apply what I know in order to help you out. My knowledge is limited, but I'm sure I can find my way around, if given enough time. Do you happen to have the source files for the mod? I'm poking around with TES5Edit (something that I was using to work with the original mod).

I can't really guarantee any results, but I'll give it my best. I've managed to edit/fix a mod once before, years ago.

I have most of the source codes. Just a couple were missing so I had to create work arounds after I hit 1.7, in the original thread I called it 7. 6 was still sending you to the prison via surrendering to the guard, but 7 that broke.So the items I don't have source codes for are breaking, and trying to fix them are a pain... Being that I am new to the scripting aspect of the CK, it's going to be a slow climb.

TES5Edit was originally used to create mods, before the CK was released. and now not considered a good source for making mods, however, it is good for cleaning up mods made by the CK, as well as generating overrides to use in the CK. *No, I won't discredit it, when it is so versatile*

Right now, the inmates don't want to travel to other locations for me, and it's getting on my nerves, so I stop messing with them and play with the one thing I can do best. Tweaks on the world spaces. Like adjusting lighting, and now adding 2 light beams to the "favorite's" room, and added to the scenery outside the prison, expanding the world space a bit.

post-340504-0-14689700-1496745086_thumb.jpg

So if you can point me at the problem location, I can turn it into Swiss cheese for you... hehe

On a new game, I get 4 inmates standing around inside the mine, next to the ore veins at the southeast end, doing nothing.

Glad to hear that lighting is being improved upon. :)

I noticed that my PC was equipped with ragged clothing but no ragged shoes. I fear for her toes in that snowy courtyard.

post-368191-0-52881900-1496745117_thumb.jpg

On a new game, I get 4 inmates standing around inside the mine, next to the ore veins at the southeast end, doing nothing.

Glad to hear that lighting is being improved upon. :)

I noticed that my PC was equipped with ragged clothing but no ragged shoes. I fear for her toes in that snowy courtyard.

attachicon.gifraven beak prison courtyard.jpg

Kill an inmate and take them, they won't miss them... hehehe

I have often come across shoes of some sort in the barrels near the fireplace in the favorite's room.

*Will add something for your tender toes.*

I am trying something silly... I am actually loading an old save file, when I had a war going on between the inmates, and the guards squashed it... Well, I am experiencing everyone stopping suddenly after about 8 to 10 minutes of doing something, so if I can track down the cause of it, and squash it. Then it should work even on an older saved game. *of course no guarantee, but hoping this can help lead me to the cause of real problem*

I am not sure how much good I did, in fact I may have made it worse...

Raven Beak Prison Revisited-1.17-3.7z

Adjusted the lighting inside the prison, as noted earlier, more candles, and added a bit more spazz to the favorite's cell.

Found a spot in the mine *Whine cellar* where the inmates were having issues going up a couple ramps. Gosh they whined a lot when I flew past them. - fixed

Found a way to access the store's chest inside the prison. - Adjusted AND made it so the inmates could not access it or it's contents as well.
Well, did my attempts to correct the problem make it worse again? Hoping now the inmates actually get to work, and none are left standing around this time. As a possible fix, I move the inmate start location from the prison to the mines, forcing them to start their packages there.
Set up a specific quest for resurrecting the dead inmates. Considering adding the Guards to that list as well.
Whooopsies, no new shoes, just stick them toes in the fire to warm them up till they are crispy little critters, then you won't feel a thing with them... hehehe

edit - for next micro update
Dropping Beggar Boots, hat, and hand Wraps on the dresser of the cell as an inmate. If you are a slave, you will still have access to them every time the Quest updates. This is temporary for the moment. And might just leave it there as a backup later. The hand wraps do require DB DLC to use, if you don't have it, they just won't show up.

With the new lighting, the main hall looks much better! Great work!

Regarding the NPC's, this time over there's a good amount of them inside the mine. Initially they just stand around and do nothing. Waiting 1-2 hours doesn't change that. What does help though, is: starting a brawl scene. This not only gets you in a brawl with an inmate, but spurs the other inmates into sandboxing as well.

With the new lighting, the main hall looks much better! Great work!

Regarding the NPC's, this time over there's a good amount of them inside the mine. Initially they just stand around and do nothing. Waiting 1-2 hours doesn't change that. What does help though, is: starting a brawl scene. This not only gets you in a brawl with an inmate, but spurs the other inmates into sandboxing as well.

Or you just stand back and watch them,... BORING... but they eventually start sandboxing... They seem to cycle through timers, and not go anywhere while cycling... At least I am closing to a real answer than,"They just don't leave the cells". And I am happy that they will sandbox on their own if no time passage is used. Just takes a bit for them to get started...

I added a couple new hooks that help separate the bully system from slaves who are there. But at least they are in the mine where I feel they need to be from the start.Once I get their corn cobs out of their arses, it will be so much better.

Oh, I gotta say, my loaded game works well too. All the messed up tidbits from adding the favorites room, are still messed up in it... LOL Like the gates in the entry walkway. 1 isn't even on the hinge but still in the way. and both are hovering just under knee height. All the pots and wooden bowls fell off the shelves too... BUT the main thing is, the inmates are doing what they are supposed to do. And I didn't have to kill any of them this time... But I did anyway, just for Ss and Gs. Might be getting over the "new Game Required" hump.

This is slow going, I am replacing the travel to packages with a little something different. Got side tracked today, had to install the new battery pack for my desktop system today. I still need 5 more....

Back to this edit, If it works, I will be adding it to the DL page instead of the thread. Keep your legs crossed, it's not time to get too excited just yet.

Tested the new version

+new lightning wow, it really changes the mood in the prison

+orgs1n is right : inmates are reset to their sandbox after you pick a fight with inmates near them. its as if they activate

+like the candles i want more

- i see a blue fog that seems weirds it may be because of the lightning i dont know what it is

- before i was able to pickpocket ore they had in items but now nobody has ore in their items, they have nothing even after they mine, i really liked pickpocket them without getting or if i got caught he would demand another kind of payment

thank you Arianna

Tested the new version

+new lightning wow, it really changes the mood in the prison

+orgs1n is right : inmates are reset to their sandbox after you pick a fight with inmates near them. its as if they activate

+like the candles i want more

- i see a blue fog that seems weirds it may be because of the lightning i dont know what it is

- before i was able to pickpocket ore they had in items but now nobody has ore in their items, they have nothing even after they mine, i really liked pickpocket them without getting or if i got caught he would demand another kind of payment

thank you Arianna

- The Blue Fog is deliberate, part of the lighting, supposed to give it a suppressing magic feel. When I get a little better with the scripts, I intend to make the blue fog spark at your hands when spells are equipped, draining mana even when "sheathed". To stop the drain, unequip spells. A powerful caster will have limited time to cast a decent strength spell, and even a weak caster could cast a beneficial spell or 2 before being totally drained, such as healing, or iron skin as examples.

- Did you try again the 2nd and 3rd day? I didn't touch that part of the scripts, it adds a random 0-10 ore to each inmate at the same time every day. Since I don't do the thief thing, I haven't tested that part of it thoroughly... Unless it was the part that seemed to be missing the fragment... Where I told it to resurrect the dead inmates. UG! I am still breaking things!