On 2/15/2019 at 1:19 PM, Kharos said:

Hi ignotum_virum

First of all, thanks for the mod! ?

While working on Real Handcuffs, I noted that tied-up slaves are sometimes trying to sit on furniture and do other things that they should not be able to do. The reason for this is that some of the Just Business packages have max priority (i.e. the quest has priority 100) and the game chooses these packages over mine.

Would you be open to do something to allow my mod (and other mods!) to temporarily overwrite your packages? I see multiple way to implement that:

1.  Reduce priority of your quests/packages such that other mods can overwrite them if they want. Simple but maybe there are good reasons that you are using max priority (i.e. you want Just Bussines to keep in control of slaves in all situations).
  2.  Add a keyword (e.g. JBNoPackage) and add a condition to all your packages, only applying the package if the NPC does not have the keyword. This allows other mods to put that keyword on NPCs to temporarily turn off your packages. I am using the same approach in Real Handcuffs, there is a keyword RH_NoPackage and all my packages check for it in the conditions.
  3. Add a keyword (e.g. JBTiedUp) and a second set of packages with different behavior (e.g. no sandboxing, ignore combat), and then set up conditions to choose one or the other set of packages. That is much more work but it would allow other mods to mark slaves as tied up while allowing Just Business to continue controlling them.

Or feel free to suggest any other approach. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Kharos said:

One more compatibility request.

My scripts that try to prevent removing of the handcuffs interfere with your TransferOfEquipment function - the sourceActor.UnequipAll() function does not unequip them (because the original is still alive*), and in the end the clone ends up with two copies of the handcuffs. Could you please mark NPCs that are being cloned to allow other mods to recognize this situation? E.g. have a another keyword and add it to them in CreateClone, or even link the original to the clone using a keyword.

I am sorry for bothering you with requests. Both of our mods do stuff that the game was not exactly designed for, and compatibility can be hard.

* Killing the original before transferring equipment to the clone would solve the problem in a more generic way, but I assume that there are good reasons that you structured your code the way it is.

Hi.

I'll think about what I can do, but I don't have any free time yet.

19 minutes ago, zax said:

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it make more sense if AAF was soft-requirement (optional)? Slave doesn't always mean sex-slave so why depend on AAF?

AAF, per se, has nothing to do with sex. That is why it is listed on Nexusmods.

It is an animation framework, and is very appropriate as a hard dependency.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:11 PM, Apap said:

Ok, so I got another thing going:

Certain NPCs bug out when I try to change the appearance using the built-in SLM feature after enslaving (accessed via dialogue):

- First scenario: doesn't work at all. The UI for showlooksmenu pops up, but any changes made in it are not reflected on the character (hair style, color, presets etc.). Sometimes (not always) this can be bypassed by telling the slave to stand still, then opening the console, marking the slave for RefID and then manually typing the SLM command + RefID (I can't say for sure in which instances this alternative way works as it seems to be random most often than not).

- Second scenario: the SLM feature in the dialogue seems to work (changes in appearance are reflected in the character model), but once you accept all the changes and the UI for SLM closes, the slave's appearance bugs out. So far, I observed 3 types of bugging out:

• Crash to desktop
  • The slave turns invisible
  • Part of the slave (usually hair) becomes "hooked" in one point in space and drags wherever the slave goes, creating a stretched texture between the said point and the slave

I can confirm this happens to at least 3 different NPC groups:

• Non-hostile Brotherhood of Steel members (random encounter patrols)
  • Non-hostile 3rd gen synths (met via synth rescue radiant quests)
  • Non-hostile random encounter settlers (sometimes you find a group of 3 settlers or so getting attacked by the mechanist's robots or other generic enemies)

I should probably mention that in each case I enslaved them just via dialogue (when you're in the hunter mode and talk to a non-hostile NPC, they react as if they were in the bleed-out state and the enslavement option dialogue pops up - not sure if that is intentional or if it's a bug in itself), and not by shooting them down first.

Anyone has any ideas what's up with that?

Thanks!

I have the same issue when changing their appearance. A band-aid I've been using is, after i change their appearance, talk to them (even if invisible, you can still talk to them) and go to "Info", then "Reset". They will reset and still to the appearance you set, but also be like a fresh slave following you. You will have to send them to a home and assign them to whatever task you wish.

After playing this mod for a while, I think it would be nice if each slave had a type. Attractive slaves that sell for more money, nympho slaves that make more caps from prostitution, masochists that train faster when shackled, submissives that train faster all the time, and so on. Of course, there could be bad traits too, maybe even vengeful slaves that will try to murder you, or slaves that try to get others to escape.

It would also be nice to have a system to learn, to figure out who to get where or how. Maybe the Forged are often masochists, Rust Devils are often nymphomaniacs, Children of Atom are submissives, and Gunners are attractive slaves.

Lastly it would be nice to have a persuasion check (plus perks) to see what a slave likes or doesn't like. "How about I fuck you into the ground as punishment." Success > "I deserve it!" = Nympho.

• 2 weeks later...

A thought I'm having:

Before one of the recent versions made the system treat slaves like settlers, when they died, their bodies did not disappear after a while like those of any other NPCs (at least not when lying around a settlement), and would remain unless deleted via console. Although I understand potential problems with this (growing piles of corpses), I actually liked it as it allowed you to make some nice gruesome settlement builds, especially combined with CRX + the add-on keeping the bodies attached after dying. 

Is there any chance of bringing that system back or at least updating the current one with an option of making dead bodies permanent? Also, it would be cool if you could decide whether or not your slaves counted towards the settlement population (needing food, water, beds, affecting happiness etc.).

On a different note, did anyone have any problems with dismissing companions while running JB? In my case, if I dismiss a companion, they will not go to the chosen settlement but instead will keep running after me. I don't use any multiple companion mods, so I figure that since JB allows for running around with multiple slaves as followers, there may be some issue here. On a side note, I also consider Heather Casdin companion mod a suspect, as you can have both her and any other companion at the same time. Problem is that disabling either to check which one is the culprit would not do well for my saves, so I hope perhaps somebody here had a similar experience and could lend a hand :)

Thanks!

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:56 AM, ignotum_virum said:

These 3 types of errors indicate that the appearance of the actor is based on a template (another ActorBase). The game engine does not allow you to change the appearance of such characters.

Example:

2019-02-15_11-54-53.png.5eede8775bd9e8029016be0acf0b9d65.png

I had those issues, when they get all weird and turn invisible, if you enter build mode and pan the mouse around you you can find them, they'll have a green outline, exit build mode tell them to stay then select reset slave and they reappear customized.  I went back to the old version of JB because it just works better....for me anyway.

@ignotum_virum, my friend! I have some free time this month (maybe 2 weeks) and I am planning to rewrite MCG from the ground up! More than a year ago, after Flashy revived 4Play, i started modding FO4 after asking you permission to give a look at your code for inspiration, maybe you don't remember it, but i was very curious about your "hunter mode marking". And now history repeats itself, but this time I directly ask you the function you use to transform an npc into your slave, because this time i want MCG to directly communicate with your mod. I know that you created a custom script for workshops, that must have been lot of work, and since I have not the time nor the patience to replicate it into my mod, my idea is that a slave controlled by my mod can be converted into one of your slave, I just need to know where is your function, in which quest (Form) so that i can add an option to my slaves to be "added" to your slave collection and systems so that they will be recognized by both mod. The idea I have is to make MCG a generalistic mod that can make a little of everything in a superficial way but that at the same time is compatible and integrated with other mods for people that want to go further into specific  aspects, in the case of your mod, slavery. Thank you :) 

On 3/22/2019 at 11:51 PM, Apap said:

A thought I'm having:

Before one of the recent versions made the system treat slaves like settlers, when they died, their bodies did not disappear after a while like those of any other NPCs (at least not when lying around a settlement), and would remain unless deleted via console. Although I understand potential problems with this (growing piles of corpses), I actually liked it as it allowed you to make some nice gruesome settlement builds, especially combined with CRX + the add-on keeping the bodies attached after dying. 

Is there any chance of bringing that system back or at least updating the current one with an option of making dead bodies permanent? Also, it would be cool if you could decide whether or not your slaves counted towards the settlement population (needing food, water, beds, affecting happiness etc.).

On a different note, did anyone have any problems with dismissing companions while running JB? In my case, if I dismiss a companion, they will not go to the chosen settlement but instead will keep running after me. I don't use any multiple companion mods, so I figure that since JB allows for running around with multiple slaves as followers, there may be some issue here. On a side note, I also consider Heather Casdin companion mod a suspect, as you can have both her and any other companion at the same time. Problem is that disabling either to check which one is the culprit would not do well for my saves, so I hope perhaps somebody here had a similar experience and could lend a hand :)

Thanks!

I do not affect the work of vanilla scripts and quests, and the system of companions even more so.

14 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

@ignotum_virum, my friend! I have some free time this month (maybe 2 weeks) and I am planning to rewrite MCG from the ground up! More than a year ago, after Flashy revived 4Play, i started modding FO4 after asking you permission to give a look at your code for inspiration, maybe you don't remember it, but i was very curious about your "hunter mode marking". And now history repeats itself, but this time I directly ask you the function you use to transform an npc into your slave, because this time i want MCG to directly communicate with your mod. I know that you created a custom script for workshops, that must have been lot of work, and since I have not the time nor the patience to replicate it into my mod, my idea is that a slave controlled by my mod can be converted into one of your slave, I just need to know where is your function, in which quest (Form) so that i can add an option to my slaves to be "added" to your slave collection and systems so that they will be recognized by both mod. The idea I have is to make MCG a generalistic mod that can make a little of everything in a superficial way but that at the same time is compatible and integrated with other mods for people that want to go further into specific  aspects, in the case of your mod, slavery. Thank you :) 

If I understand you correctly, what are you interested in:

JBSlaveQuestScript.psc - Function CreateClone

16 hours ago, Draxis said:

Quick question, now that the trading mode is removed is there any way to sell the slaves? Would it be possible to add a way to do that before getting to Nuka World?

The sale is not deleted, now it is carried out through "Additional Dialogs Mode (ADM)"

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lodakai said:

It's an issue with extended dialogue interface... copy the ESM from that XDI.esm into your overwrite folder and it should detect it.

Thank you! I knew I had the newest versions as I just rebuilt my mod list last weekend but still got the message, this fixed it for me.