6 hours ago, darkevilhum said:

Anyone know of a way to disable the character voice over with the latest version? I tried switching sounds from 'new' to 'old' but no dice.

I just added a new file to the folder with the all the other stuff.  "Thief Fixes - No Player Voice.7z" is what you're looking for - replaces all of the voice files with an equal length of silence.

If anyone's interested, here's the java code that replaces all of the sound data in each file with all 0x00 bytes:

Spoiler

Usage note: extract all of the voice files in sound\voice\dogma - thief\dft_dummyvoice\ somewhere, then modify the directory string to point to that location

import java.io.File;
import java.io.RandomAccessFile;

public class Silence
{

public static void main(String[] args)
	{

try
		{
			File dir = new File("Skyrim\\Data\\Sound\\voice\\dogma - thief.esp\\dft_dummyvoice\\");
			File[] files = dir.listFiles();
			if (files != null)
			{
				for (File f: files)
				{	
					RandomAccessFile raf = new RandomAccessFile(f.getAbsolutePath(), "rw");
					byte[] bytes = new byte[(int)raf.length()];
					raf.read(bytes);

String chars = new String(bytes);
					for(int i = chars.indexOf("@@dDHU") + 6; i < bytes.length; i++)
					{
						bytes[i] = 0;
					}

raf.seek(0);
					raf.write(bytes, 0, bytes.length);
					raf.close();
				}
			}
		} catch (Exception ex)
		{
			ex.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

}

The code reads each file's contents into a byte array, then finds the location of the end of the file header, which is "@@dDHU" when converted to a text string.  It then replaces all of the bytes following the header with 0x00, and writes the data back to the file.

23 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Do you experience this consistently?  Have you found any solutions?

Yes, whenever I play this scene.  Tried it on 2 different Mod Organiser profiles, and got the stranger refusing to start issues (overcome by setstage console) due to having a multi follower mod which I'm  reluctant to disable, and the unintended spaz floor cam for that one scene with the old man in Bannered Mare.   No solutions as yet,  have tried being in third person in free toggle, disabling the few camera mods, etc.  I suspect I will need an entire new game start, which I may do if this mod is ever updated to a finished state.

Still, enormous fun to play, and imo definitely the way forward for quest mods, with excellent animated scenes and mini games that many a vanilla mid would benefit immensely from.  Fantastic job by the mod author.

1 minute ago, TBoneTones said:

Yes, whenever I play this scene.  Tried it on 2 different Mod Organiser profiles, and got the stranger refusing to start issues (overcome by setstage console) due to having a multi follower mod which I'm  reluctant to disable, and the unintended spaz floor cam for that one scene with the old man in Bannered Mare.   No solutions as yet,  have tried being in third person in free toggle, disabling the few camera mods, etc.  I suspect I will need an entire new game start, which I may do if this mod is ever updated to a finished state.

Still, enormous fun to play, and imo definitely the way forward for quest mods, with excellent animated scenes and mini games that many a vanilla mid would benefit immensely from.  Fantastic job by the mod author.

I've had some alignment issues with that licking scene in the past, but not camera issues.  Sometimes, when the first fade-to-black occurs and the foot-licking animation begins, my character will end up behind the chair, clipping through the wall and facing the wrong direction.  It seems to be somehow related to having equipment on other than the tavern clothes that you get from the chest.  Try using the enableplayercontrols command, open your inventory, and then unequip everything but the tavern clothes; maybe that will fix the issue.

14 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

I just added a new file to the folder with the all the other stuff.  "Thief Fixes - No Player Voice.7z" is what you're looking for - replaces all of the voice files with an equal length of silence.

If anyone's interested, here's the java code that replaces all of the sound data in each file with all 0x00 bytes:

Reveal hidden contents

Usage note: extract all of the voice files in sound\voice\dogma - thief\dft_dummyvoice\ somewhere, then modify the directory string to point to that location

import java.io.File;
import java.io.RandomAccessFile;

public class Silence
{

public static void main(String[] args)
	{

try
		{
			File dir = new File("Skyrim\\Data\\Sound\\voice\\dogma - thief.esp\\dft_dummyvoice\\");
			File[] files = dir.listFiles();
			if (files != null)
			{
				for (File f: files)
				{	
					RandomAccessFile raf = new RandomAccessFile(f.getAbsolutePath(), "rw");
					byte[] bytes = new byte[(int)raf.length()];
					raf.read(bytes);

String chars = new String(bytes);
					for(int i = chars.indexOf("@@dDHU") + 6; i < bytes.length; i++)
					{
						bytes[i] = 0;
					}

raf.seek(0);
					raf.write(bytes, 0, bytes.length);
					raf.close();
				}
			}
		} catch (Exception ex)
		{
			ex.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

}

The code reads each file's contents into a byte array, then finds the location of the end of the file header, which is "@@dDHU" when converted to a text string.  It then replaces all of the bytes following the header with 0x00, and writes the data back to the file.

Eugh. Java. I actually went and manually replaced each file with silence haha but this'll likely help others. Thank you

On 3/13/2018 at 9:52 PM, brewmasterhal said:

Based on what you've been saying, I think you've missed the part where you download the actual mod release.

• First, uninstall whatever version of the mod you're currently using, and delete any files that you've unpacked from the .bsa archive, if any.
  • Once you've cleaned everything up, download the mod and install it.
  • Next, go to the post linked in my signature and follow the link to the mediafire folder I posted.  The descriptions of all the files and installation instructions are in that post.
  • Finally, you need to start the mod over from the beginning when you install a new version.  Since it sounds like you're upgrading from the v0.8.1 release to the v0.8.2 release, you need to load a save that was made before you installed any version of the mod, or start a new game entirely.

Thanks a lot for your support once again.
I got to the point where I have to gather the ingredients.
1. After I kill the Daedra Lord nothing happens, the image goes dark. Background sound still works. What should it happen?
2. When I go to pick the Moon Ninhroot .... I don't find it :frown:

6 minutes ago, octavian84 said:

1. After I kill the Daedra Lord nothing happens, the image goes dark. Background sound still works. What should it happen?

You need to talk with a Druid to get the moon nirnroot.

For the daedra lord, an animation with gathering the ingredient and comments by your player should happen.

10 minutes ago, octavian84 said:

1. The fade-to-black problem is addressed in the FAQ: toggle the fade-to-black option in the MCM menu and try again
  2. Ask the people in the sanctuary about it.
2 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:
  1. The fade-to-black problem is addressed in the FAQ: toggle the fade-to-black option in the MCM menu and try again
  2. Ask the people in the sanctuary about it.

Thanks a lot. Your advice worked!

Any idea what do I do after the Pahntom is with Zoe?
Zoe says "come back later" .... what am I missing?

43 minutes ago, octavian84 said:

Thanks a lot. Your advice worked!

Any idea what do I do after the Pahntom is with Zoe?
Zoe says "come back later" .... what am I missing?

Leave "Secret Room" and wait "i wait 24h" and come back to "Secret Room" scene is triger ;)

Run FNIS again at a guess, if that doesn't fix it you've two possibilities- missing animation files or a script not firing. If you installed with a mod manager try a manual install, that should ensure all files go in right, (though I'd start with a fresh download in case the first dl was the issue). Then run FNIS again to be sure. Ensure FNIS hasn't maxed out if you have a bunch of animation packs installed. 

If it's the script that's the issue all you can do is disable other scripted mods temporarily (which can get a bit risky for your save lol) or tweak the papyrus section of your skyrim.ini. I can't advise there though, I tweaked it once according to the recommendations of a mod author and haven't had cause to tamper with it since, perhaps others might have informed advice, or you can Google the problem and try some settings for yourself. 

I have a pretty wierd error, when i installed the mod from an almost completely fresh skyrim (except racemenu, eyes of beauty and other mods that has no compatability issues with Thief)

Whenever i press the Dogma - Settings in MCM when i go look at achievements or settings it says that i must ''enable Dogma - Thief.esp before i can change any settings'' But it is already enabled and installed.(I use LOOT for sorting load order) Any guesses, as to what i might have done wrong in my installation?

1 hour ago, KrizpyBone said:

I have a pretty wierd error, when i installed the mod from an almost completely fresh skyrim (except racemenu, eyes of beauty and other mods that has no compatability issues with Thief)

Whenever i press the Dogma - Settings in MCM when i go look at achievements or settings it says that i must ''enable Dogma - Thief.esp before i can change any settings'' But it is already enabled and installed.(I use LOOT for sorting load order) Any guesses, as to what i might have done wrong in my installation?

The DogmaEngine.esm is activated?

3 hours ago, KrizpyBone said:

После запуска нужно подождать 5-10 секунд. Я немного отсрочил инициализацию мода, это сделал для того, чтобы в момент старта игры не было большой нагрузки на папирус, если у вас установлено много других модов, то они все(или большинство) пытаются настроить свои параметры при запуске, что создает большую нагрузку на папирус, и может привести к вылетам.

Скорее всего в этом проблема.

After starting, you need to wait 5-10 seconds. I delayed the mod initialization a little, this was done so that at the start of the game there was not a big load on the papyrus, if you have many other mods installed, then they all (or most) try to customize their parameters at startup, which creates a heavy load on the papyrus, and can lead to crashes.

Most likely this is the problem.

5 hours ago, DogmaMods said:

После запуска нужно подождать 5-10 секунд. Я немного отсрочил инициализацию мода, это сделал для того, чтобы в момент старта игры не было большой нагрузки на папирус, если у вас установлено много других модов, то они все(или большинство) пытаются настроить свои параметры при запуске, что создает большую нагрузку на папирус, и может привести к вылетам.

Скорее всего в этом проблема.

After starting, you need to wait 5-10 seconds. I delayed the mod initialization a little, this was done so that at the start of the game there was not a big load on the papyrus, if you have many other mods installed, then they all (or most) try to customize their parameters at startup, which creates a heavy load on the papyrus, and can lead to crashes.

Most likely this is the problem.

I'll just be a bit patient and give the mod some time to initialize. See if that works :smile: