SexoutRapist v1.04 (10/13/2012)

I want to report' date=' the "Train Rape", that one victim vs all companions rape, it works now. I don't know why but it works, although sometimes not all companions participate.

I wonder if SexoutRapist use one cell check only to detect the present of companions there? It seems, probably companions that standing a bit far way will not be chose and participate.

I also have another problem. Probably because I'm too eager, too passionate, I broke the ingame script and stuck like that forever. I have a problem with Arcade, after I choose "I have a gift for you....", he walk away return to the Freeside. I did a trick to stop the "walk away" by fired and recruited him again. But after that, everytime I choose the "I have a gift for you...." dialog option, he always walk away again. Does someone know how to fix it?

[/quote']

[Edit] The scanner for rapist sets the cell depth to 1. 0 is current cell, 1 is 1 cell in each direction (basically a tic tac toe grid - also called the Brady Bunch pattern. Well, called that by me anyway...) [/Edit]

I think you posted the "train" question earlier, but I missed it. Check back a page and you will see the answers to your earlier earlier post. The basic answer is that until a follower is Enthralled, they can refuse to participate (chance to participate is based on the # of times raped by PC * 10). Also, creatures (dogs, deathclaws, etc) should always take part in the GB. Yes the deathclaw "Ambassador" (from Nexus) is a follower and will participate :D .

The follower issue is one that crops up and I don't know why specifically. And it's not specific to soRapist. I was seeing this with sexout crowds long before I began modding. The ISS (improved sunny smiles) was known for that issue occurring. If I remember correctly, I fixed her by moving the esp after the sexout mods. Arcade is a different issue because he's vanilla normally. Do you have any mods that affect him? I know there are some that will change their looks, it's possible it affects their AI package. Also any "NPC sandboxing" mods. If you have any mods that alter the vanilla NPCs, try moving soRapist either above or below it in the load order.

I never even thought of using the console. This is what happens when bug hunting at 1am.

I'm at work right now' date=' I'll tinker with it some more when I get home.

[/quote']

I know you an old hand at this, but have you tried moving soRapist above Willow in the load order? Or below if already above? Did removing soRapist fix the issue?

[Edit] The scanner for rapist sets the cell depth to 1. 0 is current cell' date=' 1 is 1 cell in each direction (basically a tic tac toe grid - also called the Brady Bunch pattern. Well, called that by me anyway...) [/Edit']

I think you posted the "train" question earlier, but I missed it. Check back a page and you will see the answers to your earlier earlier post. The basic answer is that until a follower is Enthralled, they can refuse to participate (chance to participate is based on the # of times raped by PC * 10). Also, creatures (dogs, deathclaws, etc) should always take part in the GB. Yes the deathclaw "Ambassador" (from Nexus) is a follower and will participate :D .

I finally understand and I do some cheating, by adding the Enthralled token thru command console :P. And it works!!! I think the gameplay concept is a bit weird. I mean for the male companions, they should have "a rapist nature" from the beginning and can bang any female companions autonomously and no need for training.........well, you know, male! :rolleyes:

I haven't test the creature in gangbang. But this is very interesting. I will bring Rex, Rocket and Marcus (Full-voiced Marcus mod). :D

The follower issue is one that crops up and I don't know why specifically. And it's not specific to soRapist. I was seeing this with sexout crowds long before I began modding. The ISS (improved sunny smiles) was known for that issue occurring. If I remember correctly' date=' I fixed her by moving the esp after the sexout mods. Arcade is a different issue because he's vanilla normally. Do you have any mods that affect him? I know there are some that will change their looks, it's possible it affects their AI package. Also any "NPC sandboxing" mods. If you have any mods that alter the vanilla NPCs, try moving soRapist either above or below it in the load order.

[/quote']

Yes, I have a mod that change the Arcade face, so does the other companions. I also have Improved Sunny Smiles mod, and I do have that leaving problem once-twice, but solved by reloaded previous savegame that hasn't been broken.

I also have another problem, Raul (I use Human Raul mod), everytimes I use "I have a present for you....." dialog option, he always refuse it. Is this normal or another glitch I have? I already add 30 Enthralled tokens, but nothing change.

I also have several requests:

1. Rape turn into a pleasure! Like Japanese rape game/comic :cool:, there's a change a brutal rape turn into a great sex! At the end, victim has a change to say thank you, addicted and ask for moar! We also get a good karma, neutralized the bad karma. :heart:

2. If a female PC/companion rape a man, a strong man. There's a change after the rape finished, the victim will turn the situation and rape the rapist! :D

3. After seeing your mod. Well, it's not related to soRapist theme, but technically it related to yours and I do have this idea for several days ago. Can you make a drug-sex orgy party among companions? I play a group of companions, and it feel so boring, no lust and dead (all of them just standing all the time). This party can be started with a dialog, like "Let's have a party", then everyone will naked, use the drugs/alcohol in the their inventory and closed with gangbanged each other randomly, threesome, train-sex, switch-partner until it finish. There's also a change the companion will ask to start the party autonomously. And a change before sleep on the bad to start the party.

I mean for the male companions' date=' they should have "a rapist nature" from the beginning and can bang any female companions autonomously and no need for training.[/quote']I find the implications of this statement incredibly offensive.

Of course, not all males are like that, especially zippy57......and me too. :D

But, in Fallout world.........we make it awesome! With BrutalRape "Male rape Female", I set it into maximum number, every male in my Fallout world is a rapist, except my male companions. :dodgy:

Thank you the reply.

But I can't find it. I opened SexoutRapistkeyQuest window from GECK and found the "Script:" selection with [....] button to open it.

I opened script:SexoutRapistkey' date=' but there's no RefBoone, RefArcade, nor any name of companions there. I tried another SexoutRapist scripts listed there, like script:SexoutRapistCompScan and script:SexoutRapistMCMScript, there's no information about the companion name too.

[/quote']

It's actually in the scripts of the stages for the keyquest. Open the quest, go to the Stages tab. Look in stages 50, 51, & 52. You see the if/elseif/endif blocks that have Boone and Arcade listed.

I found it! Here's the code I change in 50:

elseif ((soRStageVictim.GetIsSex Female == 1) && (soRapistThreewayCt <= 5))

goto 40

elseif ((soRStageVictim.GetIsSex Male == 1) && (CraigBooneREF == soRStageRapist2) && (ArcadeREF == soRStageRapist2) && (soRapistThreewayCt >5))

goto 40

I moved the (ArcadeREF == soRStageRapist2) to below, including added "&&".

I finally understand and I do some cheating' date=' by adding the Enthralled token thru command console :P. And it works!!! I think the gameplay concept is a bit weird. I mean for the male companions, they should have "a rapist nature" from the beginning and can bang any female companions autonomously and no need for training.........well, you know, male! :rolleyes:

[/quote']

The enthralled token is just a counter for # of rapes of the NPC by the PC (or coerced by the PC). To actually be enthralled, the NPC must part of the enthralled faction (there are 2, 1 for followers, and 1 for generic NPCS).

Also, part of the point of this mod is the that follower NPCs DON'T have a "rapist nature" and you "breeding" that into them.

I haven't test the creature in gangbang. But this is very interesting. I will bring Rex, Rocket and Marcus (Full-voiced Marcus mod). :D

Rex works fine. I have a mod that turns Rex into an german shepherd (the cyborg freaks me out a bit :s ). Haven't had a chance to use Marcus (just found the mod yesterday). There is another Nightkin mod, but it doesn't work with soRapist (It has no dialog options at all, so I think just adds a follower package to it, and doesn't actually make it a true follower). I don't use Rocket (didn't like the aggressive nature, so I just never used him). I have a deathclaw mod (ambassdor) that works, although the anim doesn't seem to be properly aligned. Wonder if the deathclaw is not at a standard height?

Yes, I have a mod that change the Arcade face, so does the other companions. I also have Improved Sunny Smiles mod, and I do have that leaving problem once-twice, but solved by reloaded previous savegame that hasn't been broken.

Like I mentioned above, try moving soRapist above the esps for those mods a see if helps with that.

I also have another problem, Raul (I use Human Raul mod), everytimes I use "I have a present for you....." dialog option, he always refuse it. Is this normal or another glitch I have? I already add 30 Enthralled tokens, but nothing change.

It is a random number, but possibly the raul-changer mod may be interfering. Again, try moving the soRapist mod above the raul mod. Or below, if already above. Also, I mentioned above that the tokens do not control Enthrallment, they are just a counter. To be Enthralled, the follower must be part of the Enthralled faction (regular version, not the NPC version of the faction).

I also have several requests:

1. Rape turn into a pleasure! Like Japanese rape game/comic :cool:, there's a change a brutal rape turn into a great sex! At the end, victim has a change to say thank you, addicted and ask for moar! We also get a good karma, neutralized the bad karma. :heart:

There's enough really accessible good karma in the game to counteract any bad karma received from raping. Remember, it's only a 1 point Karma hit for rape. One good fiend sniper shot will wipe out 100 rapes. 1 bullet = 100 rapes (doesn't seem quite right). NPC Enthrallment actually does most of this. It's still a rape encounter, but if the victim is enthralled, there is no Karma hit and they will thanks you. I already have an idea for extending the rape so look for that in the future :P .

2. If a female PC/companion rape a man, a strong man. There's a change after the rape finished, the victim will turn the situation and rape the rapist! :D

Yes and no. if this is one on one (female PC no followers), then it could work. This is how I played using BR and RapeGame (before creating my mod). If someone raped my PC, afterwards I would rape them with RG. Only problem was sometimes they would turn around and rape me again. Then I would rape them. Then they would... I had situation with an NCR guy in Primm where he raped my female PC then I raped him, and it went on like that 10 times (5X each raping the other). I finally had my PC run away. The bastard chased me to do it again, but I got away...

If your PC has 1 or more followers, then it doesn't make sense.

3. After seeing your mod. Well, it's not related to soRapist theme, but technically it related to yours and I do have this idea for several days ago. Can you make a drug-sex orgy party among companions? I play a group of companions, and it feel so boring, no lust and dead (all of them just standing all the time). This party can be started with a dialog, like "Let's have a party", then everyone will naked, use the drugs/alcohol in the their inventory and closed with gangbanged each other randomly, threesome, train-sex, switch-partner until it finish. There's also a change the companion will ask to start the party autonomously. And a change before sleep on the bad to start the party.

Not really a "rapist" theme, but future development is moving towards a more sex slave scenario, so something like this could fit. The drugs/alcohol part I have an issue with. Not the use of them, just the fact that most of the alcohol and chems don't really do anything that would "enhance" it. Buffout is pretty much the only thing that increases EN, none of the other stats really apply. There are some SCR chems (LustX), but the affects aren't quite right. As for alcohol, ever heard of "Whiskey Dick" :D

Also' date=' part of the point of this mod is the that follower NPCs DON'T have a "rapist nature" and you "breeding" that into them.

[/quote']

I've finally gotten to a point that I could complete the Enthrallment quest on one of my characters. Thank you for the key lockout fixes, by the way. :D But I've a question about the Enthrallment quest. I finished it for one of my followers, but have have a small harem that follow me through hell and back. My question is while I know they will all have to be enthralled, but do they all generate an enthrallment quest? ie: Is it a repeatable quest? Or will I complete it once and just "tune" the followers to my thinking with general rapings?

And since suggestions are being thrown out... I know we have blitz rapes for sneaking. But I'd love to see a bit more mechanics in place for potential rapes. Sneak up behind someone and jab them with a syringe for a chance to initiate the rape. Or a rape mode that causes submission if the target is unarmed and you have a weapon drawn on them (iron sights on target). The later, I've seen in a Project Ultimatum mod and was neat to see it taken just a step further.

I've finally gotten to a point that I could complete the Enthrallment quest on one of my characters. Thank you for the key lockout fixes' date=' by the way. :D But I've a question about the Enthrallment quest. I finished it for one of my followers, but have have a small harem that follow me through hell and back. My question is while I know they will all have to be enthralled, but do they all generate an enthrallment quest? ie: Is it a repeatable quest? Or will I complete it once and just "tune" the followers to my thinking with general rapings?

And since suggestions are being thrown out... I know we have blitz rapes for sneaking. But I'd love to see a bit more mechanics in place for potential rapes. Sneak up behind someone and jab them with a syringe for a chance to initiate the rape. Or a rape mode that causes submission if the target is unarmed and you have a weapon drawn on them (iron sights on target). The later, I've seen in a Project Ultimatum mod and was neat to see it taken just a step further.

[/quote']

The quest is a single shot quest, kind of an "introduction to raping..." (god, I'm a sick individual :D ). If you notice in the quest, to complete it the PC performs/coerces 7 rapes (M/O/V/A + 3 coercions). To Enthrall your other followers, the PC must rape/coerce them 7 times (each). There is no quest for the others, just a counter (token) used to count the rapes. Again, the quest is a one time thing (you do get 100xp for completing plus a hidden perk that increases endurance...)

Non-follower NPCs can also be enthralled. No quest, and for them it's a simple percentage chance per rape. Once enthralled, non-follower NPCs will not cause the dreaded Karma hit when being raped. Future fun for enthralled NPCs awaits...

The idea of injecting is OK, but it seems redundant at this point. Sneaking and injecting would get the same result. However, the next idea I have is more of a kidnap/capture idea and the injection would work for that. The weapon drawn idea is actually already in place. When doing the dialog version, if you have your weapon drawn, it decreases that victims escape chance. Also having followers with you when you attempt the dialog rape decreases the escape chance (I think I put the calculations in the OP - Crime and Punishment section).

Wish me luck. I going to try to replicate some of the issues K and some others had related to followers (particularly Willow). But I'm going to add a shitload of followers (male/female/dog/weird dog (cheyenne replacer)/deathclaw/super mutants - by the way, are there any bighorner followers?). Also, does anyone know if there are particular issues with the NCCS companion system and Sexout? I want to see how bad I can break this. Should be fun :P

... or a very, very short game...

I use a custom NCCS companion and have never had any trouble.

Cool. Did a quick search through LL but didn't see anything pop up as deadly, so I downloaded a couple. Well, 4 actually - Noora, Brooke, Bubblegum, and Jazmyne (with Anklebiter, so I guess technically it's 5). In addition to Sunny, Marcus (supermutant), Ambassador (deathclaw), Sarah Conner, Wendy Gilbert, and everyone's favorite trollop, Willow (every time I type/say that name, I keep hearing the voice of the sorceress turned into a goat that says Willow's name in the movie..."Willow, you iiidiot...")

This should be interesting...

Ran into a bit of an issue today that I've seen a few times, but never occurred on me to report it. When running a train on a person, the PC's turn is incredibly short. It's basically long enough to get the characters into position and start the animation before it terminates and moves on to the next person in line. Everyone else following the PC get the standard time for the scene.

Haven't seen that issue. I use the base time set in the sexout MCM prefs' date=' but modified by EN. The math is in the OP. When you see this, check the console - I note the standard and rape time for each performer.

[/quote']

Alright, just had it happen again. This time I checked the console.

soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 5 ; Me
soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 16 ; Companion
soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 18 ; Companion

Had a solo rape scene that was pretty short as well.

soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 7

Alright' date=' just had it happen again. This time I checked the console.

soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 5 ; Me
soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 16 ; Companion
soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 18 ; Companion

Had a solo rape scene that was pretty short as well.

soRapist init dur 15 / mod dur 7

[/quote']

Did you happen to check out the crime and punishment section? There I explain how duration is calculated. There is a range of duration starting with the PC/NPC (rapist) EN X 10. The upper end of the range is 150%. So let's say the default duration set in Sexout is 20, and your PC has an EN of 5. So the durations range is:

(5 X 10%) to 150%

50% to 150%

so if the default time is 20 seconds, the range becomes:

10 seconds to 30 seconds.

Without knowing your PCs Endurance, it would appear that your EN at the time was 3 (or lower):

(3 X 10%) to 150%

30% to 150% = 4.5 to 22.5 seconds

3 does seem low, but if you are under the effects of chems that lower EN, that's what's causing the low #'s. Check your EN when you see a low # like this and see if the math works out. You can also check your companions EN through the console (click on companion and type in "GetAV Endurance" (without quotes of course). Stock up on Buffout - Buffout increases EN by 3 and has an added bonus of pushing the upper end to 200. The duration itself is calculated using the GECKs random number generator to get the % duration within the range. PC and NPC both use the exact same number generator code, so if lower numbers are happening for the PC, NPCs should be getting lower numbers as well. Check the EN of your PC at the time of the rape, same with the NPCs, and then check the math.

I am getting one issue that I believe has been previously mentioned.

Once enthralled, my companion just stands there. They stop following me (though they believe they are), won't draw their weapon, don't engage in combat. Just stand their waiting to be raped or for me to tell them to go rape someone else.

Not yet worked out if it is enthralling them that causes this, or coercing them. (On both companions/occasions I did this, I did the coercion last.)

So far I have seen this break Cass and Veronica.

I am getting one issue that I believe has been previously mentioned.

Once enthralled' date=' my companion just stands there. They stop following me (though they believe they are), won't draw their weapon, don't engage in combat. Just stand their waiting to be raped or for me to tell them to go rape someone else.

Not yet worked out if it is enthralling them that causes this, or coercing them. (On both companions/occasions I did this, I did the coercion last.)

So far I have seen this break Cass and Veronica.

[/quote']

I know Cass has issues with dialog - another mod developer here has run into issues when creating dialogs involving Cass (nothing to do with mine), but something I did could have disrupted it. Frankly I haven't gotten to the point with any playthrough recently where I could recruit Cass. The initial testing with Sunny ran into issues (a lot - there's a thread trail somewhere in the general, and maybe here as well when I was having that issue in testing). I'm about to embark on a major testing run, trying to break anything I can with it, so I 'll try to get to Cass/Veronica and test them specifically. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can find something pretty quick and get it taken care of.

PS - just in general, it's a good idea to post your load order. Someone may spot a conflict that is caused by load order. In this case, I don't think it's necessary, but it's a good habit to get into when reporting issues for any mod here at LL.

I finally understand and I do some cheating' date=' by adding the Enthralled token thru command console :P. And it works!!! I think the gameplay concept is a bit weird. I mean for the male companions, they should have "a rapist nature" from the beginning and can bang any female companions autonomously and no need for training.........well, you know, male! :rolleyes:

[/quote']

The enthralled token is just a counter for # of rapes of the NPC by the PC (or coerced by the PC). To actually be enthralled, the NPC must part of the enthralled faction (there are 2, 1 for followers, and 1 for generic NPCS).

Also, part of the point of this mod is the that follower NPCs DON'T have a "rapist nature" and you "breeding" that into them.

Sorry for a bit late to reply. So, is there a manual way to add enthralled faction?

Have you considered to remove "training rape ritual" for male? Since I play a male character, I don't have a good imagination about a man raping another man. And also an imagination of a male being raped by a female PC. I just want male to be ready from the start. What do you think?

I have a deathclaw mod (ambassdor) that works' date=' although the anim doesn't seem to be properly aligned. Wonder if the deathclaw is not at a standard height?[/quote']

You can try "setscale" console command in command console to adjust deathclaw height.

Yes' date=' I have a mod that change the Arcade face, so does the other companions. I also have Improved Sunny Smiles mod, and I do have that leaving problem once-twice, but solved by reloaded previous savegame that hasn't been broken.[/quote']

Like I mentioned above, try moving soRapist above the esps for those mods a see if helps with that.

About Arcade will go away after "I have a present for you....". I tried the load order way above and did another things like tested on another savegame and even removing all Arcade mod, the problem is still there. It seems the problem is from the main game or may be another mods (that look innocent). Btw, I need more time to check this issue.

About the Arcade's train-rape, I already change the script, as you told me above, Arcade still won't join in the train-rape. In my case, may be everything about Arcade is broken.

I also have another problem' date=' Raul (I use Human Raul mod), everytimes I use "I have a present for you....." dialog option, he always refuse it. Is this normal or another glitch I have? I already add 30 Enthralled tokens, but nothing change.[/quote']

It is a random number, but possibly the raul-changer mod may be interfering. Again, try moving the soRapist mod above the raul mod. Or below, if already above. Also, I mentioned above that the tokens do not control Enthrallment, they are just a counter. To be Enthralled, the follower must be part of the Enthralled faction (regular version, not the NPC version of the faction).

Beside of Raul always reject my "present", Marcus is also have the same problem. May be because I hadn't include him to the enthralled faction, just add enthralled tokens. But they always join the "train-rape" and "orgy-rape".

3. After seeing your mod. Well' date=' it's not related to soRapist theme, but technically it related to yours and I do have this idea for several days ago. Can you make a drug-sex orgy party among companions? I play a group of companions, and it feel so boring, no lust and dead (all of them just standing all the time). This party can be started with a dialog, like "Let's have a party", then everyone will naked, use the drugs/alcohol in the their inventory and closed with gangbanged each other randomly, threesome, train-sex, switch-partner until it finish. There's also a change the companion will ask to start the party autonomously. And a change before sleep on the bad to start the party.

[/quote']

Not really a "rapist" theme, but future development is moving towards a more sex slave scenario, so something like this could fit. The drugs/alcohol part I have an issue with. Not the use of them, just the fact that most of the alcohol and chems don't really do anything that would "enhance" it. Buffout is pretty much the only thing that increases EN, none of the other stats really apply. There are some SCR chems (LustX), but the affects aren't quite right. As for alcohol, ever heard of "Whiskey Dick" :D

Inject her with FertX and then rape it! :D

Do you know about Violet? The one of main leader of the Fiend who has a lot of dogs? Using SexoutTryout, when I talk to her that I want a dog too.......she inject me with FertX and then ask one of her dog to mate with me, no option to stop the scene........Well, you can imagine after that!

I think, the mechanism about asking one of our companion to rape people, is quite bothersome. I have an idea to bring companion selection menu after choosing "Let the companion do the job....", so we can select the name right after that and start the rape. No need the "I have a present for you....". Is it technical possible?

Sorry for a bit late to reply.

No biggie...

So' date=' is there a manual way to add enthralled faction?[/quote']

Open console, click on follower (AND it MUST be a follower), and type in the following "AddToFaction soRapistEnthralledFACT 1" (no quotes). You might have to use the Form ID of the faction (XX010D13) rather than the faction name.

Have you considered to remove "training rape ritual" for male? Since I play a male character, I don't have a good imagination about a man raping another man. And also an imagination of a male being raped by a female PC. I just want male to be ready from the start. What do you think?

That's about the only real issue is if you are using strictly a group of male followers (tough to do from the beginning of the game without using other downloadable npcs). However, you could always get a female follower to be the group's, well, "release valve" so to speak. Use her to complete the quest, then either let her go or keep around for other good times.

...I think I really need to see a shrink :s ...

You can try "setscale" console command in command console to adjust deathclaw height.

True, I may try that later.

About Arcade will go away after "I have a present for you....". I tried the load order way above and did another things like tested on another savegame and even removing all Arcade mod, the problem is still there. It seems the problem is from the main game or may be another mods (that look innocent). Btw, I need more time to check this issue.

It could be a mod conflict (never know until you do the dreaded uninstall/launch/test method). I am frankly betting on the fact that Obsidian/Bethesda can really putz up dialog, as has been noted in many other locations here. I think I may have a solution - keep reading...

About the Arcade's train-rape, I already change the script, as you told me above, Arcade still won't join in the train-rape. In my case, may be everything about Arcade is broken.

I took a quick look at the mod change you posted. I think something there is not quite right. Change it back to the original way I had it, then instead of rearranging the if/elseif/endif statements, try just commenting out the "goto 40" line underneath the ArcadeRef check. The goto 40 is where it gets the next rapist because the victim isn't right, so commenting out the line should make it appear that the rapist/victim are compatible.

...I really need to see a shrink :s ...

Beside of Raul always reject my "present", Marcus is also have the same problem. May be because I hadn't include him to the enthralled faction, just add enthralled tokens. But they always join the "train-rape" and "orgy-rape".

It's probably due to ghouls and supermutants being considered "creatures", which I do some filtering for in parts of the game, although I thought that only applied to feral ghouls, not regular. Or supermutants for that matter. Will check it out.

I think, the mechanism about asking one of our companion to rape people, is quite bothersome. I have an idea to bring companion selection menu after choosing "Let the companion do the job....", so we can select the name right after that and start the rape. No need the "I have a present for you....". Is it technical possible?

The main problem is due to Obsidian/Bethesda's lack of foresight in some cases. The only mechanism to pop up a selectable list is to use the message box option. This is what I use in the Blitz Rape. The problem is that you cannot add something to a message box generically at any time. You have to build the message box with ALL possible options, then filter out what you don't want to see. So I would have to have a message box with options for all of the vanilla, all possible followers from downloadable mods, all possible from dlc, etc, etc, etc. This is the same problem you find in other mods where they only support vanilla npcs - tryouts is a good one. Only vanilla npcs worked initially with tryout, and they had to add a special case for Sunny. Look at the mods here where Willow had to be added as a special case. I am trying to keep mine available to all NPC followers, so dialogs and message boxes have to be somewhat minimal. I am thinking of moving the "I have a present..." dialog out from the regular dialogs and putting it under the 'b' as another dialog option. This would probably reduce the problems people are seeing like you see with Arcade (which I believe are dialog issues), but this will still not allow a pop-up selection.

To All: If some other mod devs knows a (simple) way around the message box issue that will let me add a list of npc names to be selectable on the fly, let me know...

You might have to use the Form ID of the faction (XX010D13) rather than the faction name.
You will have to use the FormID and not the name. The console doesn't understand names. I'm not sure the game actually understands the names at all' date=' actually; I think the names are only for the GECK.
It's probably due to ghouls and supermutants being considered "creatures", which I do some filtering for in parts of the game, although I thought that only applied to feral ghouls, not regular. Or supermutants for that matter. Will check it out.
Supermutants are creatures. Regular Ghouls are NPCs with a Ghoul race.
If some other mod devs knows a (simple) way around the message box issue that will let me add a list of npc names to be selectable on the fly' date=' let me know...[/quote']I can't think of anything that would be useful for the majority of users. You could add an "advanced user" mode that would have to be enabled using the GECK. Provide a blank message box with an example entry for reference and then only fire it if a certain variable is set to 1. Don't ever set that variable to 1 yourself. Instead, the user would have to go in, set up the box for the companions they want it enabled for, and add a line of code somewhere to set that variable.

But that would only work for people with a working knowledge of the GECK. So maybe don't tell anyone, and have it as a hidden feature? (Or don't do it at all, that's an option too. :P) Just tell people "it's there, you can use it if you know how to, but don't complain when you screw it up".

And by the way, that's not simple! Mwahahaha!

Just a general note on what I found with some of the downloadable NPCs that I am testing with currently.

1) I tried using NCCS npcs, and they mostly appeared to work. My issue with them is that they are designed to use the same script. Not the same scripting mechanism. The same exact script for controlling the NPC. The individual mod devs can duplicate it and change it, but it looks like some don't. I didn't want to add an extra element of potential outside issues to what I was testing, so I left off any NCCS, RR, or EZ for now, just using stand alone.

2) Found 4 NPCs so far that don't seem to use the built in functionality for marking an NPC as a follower. There are 2 ways that I have found that are used within the game, teammate and a faction in the base game called "FollowerFaction". My initial testing when creating this mod seemed to show that teammate didn't work on Sunny/Cheyenne (hey, Sunny & Cheyenne, Sunny & Cher, OMG I just go that...), but the FollowerFaction did, so I used that one only. Some NPC mods use teammate instead of FollowerFaction. Some use both. So the next release will actually check for both. However, it will never work on those 4 because that use neither option for following (I think that just add an ai script - haven't done an autopsy on the NPC's code to verify). It was easy to tell which ones were the issue, because they just started following with no dialog to ask them to. One was a fairly nicely done mod on the order Willow (not a complicated as her though) called Danielle Wagner. Mod looks good, but it didn't use the standard follower elements. If anyone knows if there are a third way (or more) to verify an NPC as follower, let me know please.

Anyway, just thought I'd update with what I found so far. I still haven't even left Goodsporings yet. Hell, Joe Cobb and Ringo are still alive. But I have 6 followers so far. One of them (Jane) is supposed to be the courier sister according to the info on that mod. She's been enthralled. The courier's family is a sick one...

Ha ha! Posted while you were writing your post!

You could check for FollowerFaction, probably for PlayerFaction, GetPlayerTeammate, and perhaps even a Follow Player AI package. You could also give the player a token that they could then give to an NPC to mark them as a follower.

EDIT: That last one should actually be put into SCR so multiple mods can use it.

EDIT 2: I bet nobody cares, but I have to ask to satisfy my own curiosity. Has anyone ever been Level 12 before even doing the Goodsprings showdown? Apparently I have way too many mods that add content in the area...

EDIT 3: And if those methods fail and you're feeling especially generous for some reason, you could use buildref to locate mod-added companions like this and add them to a faction you can check, although if they follow based on quest/script variables you won't be able to do that...

You will have to use the FormID and not the name. The console doesn't understand names. I'm not sure the game actually understands the names at all' date=' actually; I think the names are only for the GECK.

[/quote']

And they can't map the name? I guess there is always a possibility of duplicate names.

Supermutants are creatures. Regular Ghouls are NPCs with a Ghoul race.

That's what I thought, though it doesn't explain why he's having an issue with Raul, although he is using a mod that makes Raul human, so maybe the issue is that? Makes some sense. I just need to add supermutants as a special case when checking for dialogs.

I can't think of anything that would be useful for the majority of users. You could add an "advanced user" mode that would have to be enabled using the GECK. Provide a blank message box with an example entry for reference and then only fire it if a certain variable is set to 1. Don't ever set that variable to 1 yourself. Instead, the user would have to go in, set up the box for the companions they want it enabled for, and add a line of code somewhere to set that variable.

But that would only work for people with a working knowledge of the GECK. So maybe don't tell anyone, and have it as a hidden feature? (Or don't do it at all, that's an option too. :P) Just tell people "it's there, you can use it if you know how to, but don't complain when you screw it up".

Yyyyeeeaaaahhhh right... Think I'll stick with my plan for now.

And by the way, that's not simple! Mwahahaha!

:P You can be an evil little troll can't you :D...

Thanks for the info...