SexoutRapist v1.04 (10/13/2012)

Would love a justice system for killing rapists or would-be ones ... nothing would satisfy me more than using a shotgun to blast a rapist in half.

So, you want your PC to commit suicide by shotgun :huh: ? You do realize this mod is for the PC to BE a rapist, not to hunt rapists, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought as I was unable to determine just how far you have gotten with your evolution of this mod. I was thinking in terms of crime and punishment you could implement a system whereby near by npcs turn hostile, but only after the fact or escape. If the NPC encounters other NPCs while running away, they turn hostile temporarily against you and your crew. The reason I say after the deed is so you don't have NPCs pumping you full of lead while you pump your victim full of babymakers. Something like this might be easier to implement as an add on.

Just a thought as I was unable to determine just how far you have gotten with your evolution of this mod. I was thinking in terms of crime and punishment you could implement a system whereby near by npcs turn hostile' date=' but only after the fact or escape. If the NPC encounters other NPCs while running away, they turn hostile temporarily against you and your crew. The reason I say after the deed is so you don't have NPCs pumping you full of lead while you pump your victim full of babymakers. Something like this might be easier to implement as an add on.

[/quote']

I've been taking a bit of a break from the mod (actually more of a break from FONV - starting to burn out a bit from playing the same thing over and over and over), so I haven't advanced it very much. The only thing I'm not sure about in your scenario is how to get individuals hostile without having entire faction go nuts (I don't want to have to wipe out Fresside because 1 person caught me at it :D ). I'll look into the crime settings issue in the GECK - I think minor crimes cause only the individual to attack to PC, and not the entire faction. My original idea was not to use standard combat, but to have a little scripted "fade-to-black" where the PC and companions would "wake-up" beaten and bloody (random limb damage, 10-20% of original health) to simulate being beaten by a mob. Maybe I can combine the ideas, where if the # of "spotters" is less than or equal # of the PC's group, it's handled like a combat, but if there are more in the "spotter" group than the PCs group, then use the fade-to-black beatdown. And like you said, wait until the act is over (for either method).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a bit of an issue here with my companion Evie. I created her in GECK, and by all regards she's pretty much a blank canvas. She has some dialogue (a speech check for the nice response and a strength check for the cruel one, neither of which are executed properly not actually do anything), but all in all there's nothing to her yet.

I have SmallerTalk and CSR (Companion Share & Recruit) to add her as a companion (companion wheel and all), but I can still talk to her via SmallerTalk. Unfortunately when I do this, the only choices I'm getting are the ones I scripted for her, and the CSR ones (general inventory/management options). I'm on the enthrall meant quest for her and the last objective is for her to rape someone, yet I never the option "I've got a present for you...". Am I doing something wrong, or should I just be able to talk to her and get the option? I can initiate rape on someone and I usually get the option "I'm gonna give you to me friend" etc, but every single time I try it they just say "No, I won't let you!" and nothing happens.

Pretty confused here. Otherwise, great mod. Raping companions is a bit troublesome when they refuse and run away after you rape them, but I usually just beat them to death and use "resurrect" in the console to simulate beating them into submission. >_> I don't really like to be THAT brutal, but it works I guess.

I'm having a bit of an issue here with my companion Evie. I created her in GECK' date=' and by all regards she's pretty much a blank canvas. She has some dialogue (a speech check for the nice response and a strength check for the cruel one, neither of which are executed properly not actually do anything), but all in all there's nothing to her yet.

I have SmallerTalk and CSR (Companion Share & Recruit) to add her as a companion (companion wheel and all), but I can still talk to her via SmallerTalk. Unfortunately when I do this, the only choices I'm getting are the ones I scripted for her, and the CSR ones (general inventory/management options). I'm on the enthrall meant quest for her and the last objective is for her to rape someone, yet I never the option "I've got a present for you...". Am I doing something wrong, or should I just be able to talk to her and get the option? I can initiate rape on someone and I usually get the option "I'm gonna give you to me friend" etc, but every single time I try it they just say "No, I won't let you!" and nothing happens.

Pretty confused here. Otherwise, great mod. Raping companions is a bit troublesome when they refuse and run away after you rape them, but I usually just beat them to death and use "resurrect" in the console to simulate beating them into submission. >_> I don't really like to be THAT brutal, but it works I guess.

[/quote']

I've run into several companion mods on Nexus that just did not work. I believe it had to do with HOW the companion mod makes the companion a "follower". Within soRapist, I check for 2 different ways to see if the NPC is a companion. One is to use the getPlayerTeammate command. The other way is I check to see if the NPC is in the FollowerFaction. I believe there are a couple other ways to mark someone as a follower, but these 2 are the standard ones I found. I've never used CSR myself, but since the option is not appearing, I assume they do not use either of these methods. And I believe someone else posted somewhere in this thread that they ran into issues using a CSR based NPC. However, since this is an NPC of your own making, you can probably bypass the CSR issue by issuing the setPlayerTeammate command or by add the NPC to the FollowerFaction. First, try setting the setPlayerTeammate through the console on Evie - go into the console, click on her then type in setPlayerTeammate 1, then see if that works. If it does, then I would see if you can add that to one of Evie's scripts.

As far as the companions running away, as long as you don't chase them, they will come back (after a certain distance, the "RunAway" package is removed, so it should return them to their previous "following" package). Even if they're not Enthralled, there is just something about your PC that draws them back :P ...

Figured out the issue. It wasn't CSR, because I remembered on my female character I used CSR to recruit Joe Cobb and had no problem telling him that I had a "present" for him. Problem was that with Evie her dialogue is set to only play once, so once it's done, even if I choose "talk to" on the companion wheel, nothing happens. The problem really was having SmallerTalk set to "do not talk after companion wheel". When I used CSR's companion control item to make Evie wait, it removes the companion wheel until I choose her to follow again, but it makes dialogue open when I talk to her (where I can tell her to come along again, change tactics, etc).

When I use the device to make her wait, it looks like that was removing her from the player faction. Making her follow via the device was adding her back. All I had to do was turn talk after companion wheel on again in SmallerTalk and the "present" option popped up.

Hopefully that clears up the issue. I wish SexoutNG came with a built in NPC companion system. CSR works wonderfully though, just got confused here. Probably mostly my fault for creating some terribly working dialogue options on my NPC.

Figured out the issue. It wasn't CSR' date=' because I remembered on my female character I used CSR to recruit Joe Cobb and had no problem telling him that I had a "present" for him. Problem was that with Evie her dialogue is set to only play once, so once it's done, even if I choose "talk to" on the companion wheel, nothing happens. The problem really was having SmallerTalk set to "do not talk after companion wheel". When I used CSR's companion control item to make Evie wait, it removes the companion wheel until I choose her to follow again, but it makes dialogue open when I talk to her (where I can tell her to come along again, change tactics, etc).

When I use the device to make her wait, it looks like that was removing her from the player faction. Making her follow via the device was adding her back. All I had to do was turn talk after companion wheel on again in SmallerTalk and the "present" option popped up.

Hopefully that clears up the issue. I wish SexoutNG came with a built in NPC companion system. CSR works wonderfully though, just got confused here. Probably mostly my fault for creating some terribly working dialogue options on my NPC.

[/quote']

And that's why I added all those on/off features to SmallerTalk. You have vanilla wheel companions, you have custom wheel companions, you have ncss and csr and who knows what and each of them implements companions in a slightly different fashion. Having SmallerTalk's behavior set up as discreet features that can be enabled/disabled as needed helps you get around the various issues each type presents. Personally I don't like CSR but a lot of people do... I prefer NCSS over it. Oddly though, I prefer CSR in FO3... it all depends on the platform. If you do notice something SmallerTalk could do better at handling a specific companion system, please let me know of your issue in the SmallerTalk thread... it wouldn't be difficult to add mod specific handlers to SmallerTalk via IsModLoaded/GetModIndex/BuildRef handlers.

That has been an idea floating in my head for a while. I was actually looking at trying to fix crowds (I have an idea of what the issue is, but haven't had the time to research it). As far as companion vs NPC on cheering (and actually I want to add booing as well), in my experience, it was the companions that bugged out, regular NPCs seem to go back to normal afterwards. I have some time this week and was planning on (finally) getting some new things into soR (a lure method to have an NPC follow for a short period to get them into a secluded area - dialog based), and some others. I'll look at Crowds again to see if I can find the issue. I like the masturbate idea, and I wanted to added booing and even have the crowd turn on the rapists, either a standard combat (which I think could causes problems if a "named" NPC gets involved, messing up quests) or a fade to black, where the PC and followers "wake up" battered and bruised (damage and crippled).

I dislike the concept of a fade-to-black "battle"' date=' since you're taking the player's abilities out of the equation and just telling them "no, you don't win the battle".

[/quote']

Generally I would agree with you on this. However there are a couple of reason why I thought the FtB would work better, mainly from a programming/technical point of view. One thing I worry about is putzing up a quest because a named NPC sees you, turns hostile, and you kill them. For example, you rape Sunny, but Trudy sees you and turns hostile. You kill her, what happens to the rest of the GS quests if they have not been completed yet? Are they now one-sided because you can't talk to Trudy anymore? Also, I haven't worked with the existing factions and crimes very much. If I force an NPC (say like one of the Kings in Freeside) to attack the PC because they witnessed a rape, does it cause all Kings to attack, or just that one? Does it cause a faction hit in this scenario when the King is the one attacking and not the PC?

Also, the fade to black would be a scenario where the number of hostiles outnumber the PC/rapists, maybe by a factor of 2-to-1 or greater. Basically a mob decides to teach you a lesson and beats the shit out of you. It wouldn't happen every time, but a once in a while thing.

Again, I am in favor of doing the combat if it doesn't cause too many issues, but I think an old-fashioned beat-down would kind of break up the monotony of going into combat constantly.

I see no reason to do anything to prevent your theoretical Sunny/Trudy scenario from playing out. The game was designed very carefully to support the deaths of quest-specific characters and the player should have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Getting locked out of Goodsprings quests because they raped Sunny in front of everyone shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It's like complaining you can't do NCR quests because you fired a shotgun into a trooper on the Strip. What you should do is something line-of-sight related, so you don't get the same stupid faction stuff the vanilla crime tracking has, where a lone individual magically tells everyone about you killing him.

And going back to what I said about taking the player's abilities out of the question, a 2:1 ratio battle isn't nearly an unwinnable battle. Due to pretty much one tweak, a realistic headshot thing in which shooting someone in the face actually kills them, I have won many severely lopsided encounters. Fading-to-black in a situation the player knows they can win easily would be not only immersion-breaking but also unfair.

It's up to you, of course, and (were it a vote) mine should count less as I don't actually use SexoutRapist due to playing a character who doesn't go around raping people. I should point out, as it might cause conflicts or be otherwise interesting information, that SexoutStore guard NPCs will immediately go permanently hostile to the player if the player rapes someone within a Store cell, and I plan to extend similar functionality into SexoutAgent.

The faction issue has always bugged me. Lets say you're out in the middle of nowhere and stumble upon a lone NCR soldier. You're bored and decide to use him for target practice. No other NCR anywhere around. You cap him and BAM' date=' hated by NCR. Are they a hive mind? What the hell?

[/quote']

That annoys the crap out of me, too.

My biggest frustration with the faction system: An NPC was sitting at a table by an open door. Closed the door, crouched, activated a Stealth Boy, one-shot him with a silenced weapon (the game confirmed a Sneak Attack kill), dragged the body into another room, closed that door, re-opened the first door, got shot by the guard, reloaded the old save, used the console to remove him from all factions, shot him again, walked out.

Kawshiwaba, nope this is proven and tested. The faction system is tested and proven, whenever you sneakly killed someone, the person that shouldn't have been alerted, "even if he is far, well not that far, I mean in real life he can't hear the sound but he's in the same room" if he is in the same faction he would be alerted anyway. I wonder how to fix this.

I see no reason to do anything to prevent your theoretical Sunny/Trudy scenario from playing out. The game was designed very carefully to support the deaths of quest-specific characters and the player should have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Getting locked out of Goodsprings quests because they raped Sunny in front of everyone shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It's like complaining you can't do NCR quests because you fired a shotgun into a trooper on the Strip. What you should do is something line-of-sight related' date=' so you don't get the same stupid faction stuff the vanilla crime tracking has, where a lone individual magically tells everyone about you killing him.

And going back to what I said about taking the player's abilities out of the question, a 2:1 ratio battle isn't nearly an unwinnable battle. Due to pretty much one tweak, a realistic headshot thing in which shooting someone in the face actually kills them, I have won many severely lopsided encounters. Fading-to-black in a situation the player knows they can win easily would be not only immersion-breaking but also unfair.

It's up to you, of course, and (were it a vote) mine should count less as I don't actually use SexoutRapist due to playing a character who doesn't go around raping people. I should point out, as it might cause conflicts or be otherwise interesting information, that SexoutStore guard NPCs will immediately go permanently hostile to the player if the player rapes someone within a Store cell, and I plan to extend similar functionality into SexoutAgent.

[/quote']

I get enough complaints right now when someone gets a Karma hit that actually does nothing gamewise. How many "You brokes my questz!" reports will I get after forcing someone to kill an "special" NPC :P ? Seriously though, the "action has consequences" idea is one I want in soRapist, it's why I added the Karma hit to begin with. My idea of the ftb beatdown was not related to the thinking that a 2:1 battle was unwinnable. Hell, I've taken 5, 6, and 7 to 1 odds and won. My idea was more along the lines of that during the KO/redress, the mob attacks at that point, taking you by surprise and applying a beatdown. If you're a lone person raping someone in an alley and 3 people catch you (with your pants down, both figuratively and literally :D ), they could apply the beatdown before you could retrieve your weapon (I doubt that you would be holding your anti-material rifle while raping someone :D ). So logically, it could happen regardless of whether you could win the battle or not. And that's why I also stated that it would be random when this occurred. Logically, the more companions you have "watching your back", the less chance a beatdownn happens (although a 7:1 hostiles vs PC/companions beatdown could logically happen). Again, I've no decision on this, it's just an idea right now, and your input is appreciated regardless whether or not you use the mod.

---------------------------

As far as the faction issues:

1) If you do kill a faction member unseen (sneak and undiscovered), there is no faction hit. This is how I took out the PGs in Goodsprings yet never got a PG faction hit.

2) According to the GECK, a minor crime against a faction member would cause that faction member to attack, but not the entire faction. Things like pickpocketing, stealing, and trespassing would be a minor crime and not reported to the faction. Supposedly, it does not count as a faction crime, just a crime against the individual.

3) There is a command called "ignorecrime" that causes ANY action against the NPC to not be reported as a faction crime. This is what I could use, setting the npc to ignore crime before having them attack the PC.

4) Supposedly factions will not actively attack for major crimes after a 3 day period. I assume though that this doesn't apply to those factions that are openly hostile to the PC.

I doubt that you would be holding your anti-material rifle while raping someone
Perhaps not a rifle, but I can certainly see a rapist holding a pistol on the victim to make sure they don't try anything stupid.

EDIT: Oh, and remember it's entirely possible to create a PC that can melee kill Deathclaws unarmed and unarmored.

I doubt that you would be holding your anti-material rifle while raping someone
Perhaps not a rifle' date=' but I can certainly see a rapist holding a pistol on the victim to make sure they don't try anything stupid.

[/quote']

Very true, a point I made myself in several previous posts... The anti-material rifle just made a better image for my post :D .

This just broke for me' date=' The enthrallment thing just popped up and no if I try to rape someone it just freezes.

My version is 1.04, my common resources is 121109.1

[/quote']

Do me a favor and explain what you mean by "freeze". I mean, does that entire game freeze up so that you have to force quit the entire game and relaunch? That would be very odd. The enthrallment quest is just a series of stages and objectives. There is only one bit of scripting within the quest and that's only when you complete it (it adds a perk to the PC). Are you getting any other issues with other sexout mods? Try a clean uninstall/reinstall of soRapist (uninstall soRapist, launch FONV, save, quit, reinstall soRapist, launch, load the last save), and try again to see if it reoccurs. If you are also having issues with other sexout mods, it may mean you need to reinstall sexoutNG (data and core). Remember that the sex itself is handled by sexoutNG, not the individual mods. If you are not getting a CTD type freeze, then try turning on debugging - pause, go to the sexout common resources options, look for the debugging sliders and set one if them to 13 (soRapist debug). If you need more info on the debugging settings, checking the first post of SCR. Try using soRapist again and check the console for any errors messages, and note them here.

And that's why I added all those on/off features to SmallerTalk. You have vanilla wheel companions' date=' you have custom wheel companions, you have ncss and csr and who knows what and each of them implements companions in a slightly different fashion. Having SmallerTalk's behavior set up as discreet features that can be enabled/disabled as needed helps you get around the various issues each type presents. Personally I don't like CSR but a lot of people do... I prefer NCSS over it. Oddly though, I prefer CSR in FO3... it all depends on the platform. If you do notice something SmallerTalk could do better at handling a specific companion system, please let me know of your issue in the SmallerTalk thread... it wouldn't be difficult to add mod specific handlers to SmallerTalk via IsModLoaded/GetModIndex/BuildRef handlers.

[/quote']

I think SmallerTalk is fine. I just was confused about the connections and functionality between this custom quest, my badly created custom NPC, CSR, AND SmallerTalk. Now that I know what was happening it's all good.

I'd just like to see a built in companion system in the base SexoutNG. I like CSR because it still takes skill and makes general sense in "roleplay" so to speak. It would be nice to see something similar in Sexout that also allowed companions to be recruited via various means within roleplay. High strength to enslave someone, a smooth speech skill to recruit via obvious means, a high barter skill to convince greedy NPCs/merchants that traveling with you would be profitable, high guns/sneak/etc skills to impress combat oriented NPCs that you're worth traveling with, etc etc.

That would be a lot of work of course, but hell, it would be awesome.

The faction issue has always bugged me. Lets say you're out in the middle of nowhere and stumble upon a lone NCR soldier. You're bored and decide to use him for target practice. No other NCR anywhere around. You cap him and BAM' date=' hated by NCR. Are they a hive mind? What the hell?

[/quote']

This is why I just use the setreputation command to fix damaged reputations.. ONLY when I kill all the witnesses. Makes perfect sense realistically, so I don't mind "cheating" in those cases.

This just broke for me' date=' The enthrallment thing just popped up and no if I try to rape someone it just freezes.

My version is 1.04, my common resources is 121109.1

[/quote']

Do me a favor and explain what you mean by "freeze". I mean, does that entire game freeze up so that you have to force quit the entire game and relaunch? That would be very odd. The enthrallment quest is just a series of stages and objectives. There is only one bit of scripting within the quest and that's only when you complete it (it adds a perk to the PC). Are you getting any other issues with other sexout mods? Try a clean uninstall/reinstall of soRapist (uninstall soRapist, launch FONV, save, quit, reinstall soRapist, launch, load the last save), and try again to see if it reoccurs. If you are also having issues with other sexout mods, it may mean you need to reinstall sexoutNG (data and core). Remember that the sex itself is handled by sexoutNG, not the individual mods. If you are not getting a CTD type freeze, then try turning on debugging - pause, go to the sexout common resources options, look for the debugging sliders and set one if them to 13 (soRapist debug). If you need more info on the debugging settings, checking the first post of SCR. Try using soRapist again and check the console for any errors messages, and note them here.

Yeah sorry about that, got to stop posting at 4am.

It freezes for sex, they both stand there and all I can do is reload or quite the game, but masterbation does not freeze.

I tried your clean save, and the ng and still no joy.

I went into mcm and enabled debugging and set to 13, but I have no idea what I am supposed to look for in console.

Actually straponsex mod has stopped working.