So.. It isn't safe yet. I upped my FP back to .0.0.5c , Dsimissed  X-6 but I.m still aligned with the Railroad. So the coc is off limits till further notice.

Yeah, sadly. If you need to use the terminal there you could try tcai before you go there. That'll turn off combat AI so you can go there without starting a fight.

Well, strap ons and PA Sex are issues that will need to be  dealt with. Eventually maybe animation calling, loader & npc collisions can be addressed. You're doing a outstanding Job, for almost 2 years SexTec said it couldn't be done, yet in two weeks we now have a Framework, new animations and Sex in the Commonwealth. My Mother Thanks you, my Father Thanks you and most of all I THANK YOU. WELL DONE.

Does this include a nude erect body like crazy's or do you have to basically have an erect body mod as your main body at all times?

So far, no. You have to be erect at all times.

But, I've noticed some scripting that refers to a "nude_armor" in the source files, but I don't know if anything will come of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as a modder, I think the four_play function would be more friendlier if it were to enforce order regardless of gender, rather than randomizing order if both chars are same gender, or forcing women to be in submissive position all the time.

If modders were to use four_play_main, they would have to:

-Create Idle properties of all the animations they want to use, creating unnecessary work within all of the scripts that will use four play's four_play_main function.

-Randomize those idles for the four_play_main function call every time, which four play already does with it's four_play function, so why not have four_play be more universal?

That causes some hassle in comparison to the way sexlab does it, where the first actor will always be the one in a "submissive" sex position (being penetrated, giving fellatio, etc.), which for modders, would make things a lot easier.

Does this include a nude erect body like crazy's or do you have to basically have an erect body mod as your main body at all times?

You have to leave it on, at least till the mod improves. i use Penis Envy - Penis Envy 0.6 Medium.

It looks good and no issues.

You should link to a mod you recommend, otherwise it's kinda hard to find it with that kind of name :P

But, I've noticed some scripting that refers to a "nude_armor" in the source files, but I don't know if anything will come of it.

That was me misunderstanding what Crazy's mod was doing. I'll sort it out in due course.

Also, as a modder, I think the four_play function would be more friendlier if it were to enforce order regardless of gender, rather than randomizing order if both chars are same gender, or forcing women to be in submissive position all the time.

I didn't think Crazy's animations had any dominant or submissive elements to them. Unless you think there's something inherently submissive in having a vagina and allowing a penis into it, I suppose. Although that seems a little odd to me.

Anyway, I switch 'em around because I suspect that people will tend to put the player in a0, and I also suspect that most people with female PCs would prefer to see them in the female role. So trying to do the thing that will probably do what most people expect for the minimum effort. Challenging traditional gender stereotypes wasn't that high on my list of design priorities, I'll admit.

-Create Idle properties of all the animations they want to use, creating unnecessary work within all of the scripts that will use four play's four_play_main function.

-Randomize those idles for the four_play_main function call every time, which four play already does with it's four_play function, so why not have four_play be more universal?

Or ... they could just write a wrapper function that duplicates what four_play does, only preserving the order of arguments. I mean the source is in the archive. Any modder who knows enough to run into that problem could write such a wrapper trivially ... if it bothered them that much.

Also, bear in mind that this isn't the final form of the API. This is the quick and dirty solution I knocked out in a week. I've said that I intend to include animation loaders and tagging, so you might infer from that you won't always have to define your own idle properties.

In the mean time, we apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

That causes some hassle in comparison to the way sexlab does it, where the first actor will always be the one in a "submissive" sex position (being penetrated, giving fellatio, etc.), which for modders, would make things a lot easier.

Well, here's the thing: this isn't SexLab. Deal with it.

That was me misunderstanding what Crazy's mod was doing. I'll sort it out in due course.

I didn't think Crazy's animations had any dominant or submissive elements to them. Unless you think there's something inherently submissive in having a vagina and allowing a penis into it, I suppose. Although that seems a little odd to me.

Anyway, I switch 'em around because I suspect that people will tend to put the player in a0, and I also suspect that most people with female PCs would prefer to see them in the female role. So trying to do the thing that will probably do what most people expect for the minimum effort. Challenging traditional gender stereotypes wasn't that high on my list of design priorities, I'll admit.

Or ... they could just write a wrapper function that duplicates what four_play does, only preserving the order of arguments. I mean the source is in the archive. Any modder who knows enough to run into that problem could write such a wrapper trivially ... if it bothered them that much.

Also, bear in mind that this isn't the final form of the API. This is the quick and dirty solution I knocked out in a week. I've said that I intend to include animation loaders and tagging, so you might infer from that you won't always have to define your own idle properties.

In the mean time, we apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Well, here's the thing: this isn't SexLab. Deal with it.

Hmm, maybe I should have phrased my post into questions. I'm sorry if I came off demanding or anything like that. Especially this early into sextec/4Play.

What I mean to ask is, will there be any specific Dev Docs of the final version of the mod? Docs that help figure out what features will be included in the final version.

If there are any, are they available to look at?

You have to leave it on, at least till the mod improves. i use Penis Envy - Penis Envy 0.6 Medium.

You should link to a mod you recommend, otherwise it's kinda hard to find it with that kind of name :P

So far the only mods  around are:

Enhanced Vanilla Bodies at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Penis Envy at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Ohh my bad :P, here is the link. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7970/?

Every thing works fine until I found out that player and npc never take their clothes off when performing animation..

I have to take them off manually

I tired to restart FP in terminal but it didn't work

Not sure how to solve it  

:( help plz

Every thing works fine until I found out that player and npc never take their clothes off when performing animation..

Not sure how to solve it  

Try manually installing the Actor.pex file from F4SE by dropping the file inside of the Data > Scripts folder, and overwriting the original.  :)

Hello DocClox, Leito86 has released a standalone sound/voiced version of his/her animations with aggressive animations too. I'm sure that you have your hands full right now, but I'd like to ask If there a way that you can incorporate something like that into Four-Play, or maybe let the player use Leito's animations instead of the current ones? Tagging for the aggressive animations would be great too, whenever you get to that stage. No rush of course. :)

Not sure how to solve it  

hello

As strange as it may seem I discovered that by activating * papyrus * in fallout4.ini the player and npc undress

I had the same problem then you can try this tip 

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

Hello DocClox, Leito86 has released a standalone sound/voiced version of his/her animations with aggressive animations too. I'm sure that you have your hands full right now, but I'd like to ask If there a way that you can incorporate something like that into Four-Play, or maybe let the player use Leito's animations instead of the current ones? Tagging for the aggressive animations would be great too, whenever you get to that stage. No rush of course. :)

I'm working on a compatibility patch for this.

PS:

Four-Lei (Four-Play Compatibility Patch for Leito's Pack with Aggressive Anims and Sounds) 0.5c

What I mean to ask is, will there be any specific Dev Docs of the final version of the mod? Docs that help figure out what features will be included in the final version.

I'll be honest: This is an unashamed, flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, hack job. There are bits of it that are fairly clear in my head, bits that I don't know how to do yet, and bits that I don't know how to do yet without recourse to script extender add-ons.

I did think about some formal up-front design. But I reckoned that if I stopped to spec it all out in advance, I'd probably still be tweaking the design docs when TESVI was released. And people have waited long enough already.

So the plan is: iterative design, fast release cycle, and to hope that folks will bear with me if I'm a bit slow in getting to any particular feature.

That said, I have wanted to set down some notes on how I see this developing. Maybe if I do that it might soothe some of the unease in some parts of the wider modding community.

Is that with the sounds baked into the animations? Sound is one area where I don't really have any very clear ideas on how to proceed, so if I can side-step the issue, that would be great.

@DocClox: I think I can make a patch for Leito's new animations without touching either of you two's esps and scripts. Bethesda might have thrown us a bone in FO4's Papyrus here. We'll see.

Cool. I had hoped I'd have at least the bare bones of an animation loader by today, but reset functions and can-openers took up all of Saturday and Sunday was occupied with other things. I think I got as far as removing the faction allegiance from Scribe Haylen's clone in the test cell, but that's about it.

Is that with the sounds baked into the animations? Sound is one area where I don't really have any very clear ideas on how to proceed, so if I can side-step the issue, that would be great. 

Yeah, he linked a bunch of wav files inside his hkx animation files - pretty clever. It gets weird for FF with dildo animations, but apart from that, works really well.

I think the game does this for the dog whistle animation too. 

Take your time Doc. Four-Play is already in a very good state. Leito's aggressive animations and sounds should keep most people happy now :)

The loading shouldn't be too complicated.

I'm thinking maybe have a script called four_play:LoadBase. That basically registers for one particular custom event from the 4P quest ("load_animations" let's say), and it has an array of structs with animation info.

All you'd need to do to register new animations would be to sub-class the LoadBase script, attach it to a quest, and populate the animation array.

When four_play:Main starts (or on a game load event - still need to set that up) and once it's got everything else set up, it fires off the load_animations event. The handler func in the base class then calls a function on Main and passes itself as a parameter and the main script now knows where to find those animations.

For the animation struct I'm thinking:

Struct AnimationRecord
	string name
	string modder
	int intensity	; indication of arousal/enthusiasm. ranges from 0 to 4
			; 0 - foreplay
			; 1 - relaxed
			; 2 - normal
			; 3 - frantic
			; 4 - climax
			; used so that we we can construct sequences on-the-fly
			; without going from frantic to relaxed unexpectedly
	string tag 	; more or less as in SexLab - I have some ideas though...
	int  num_actors	; just a convenience, really
	idle i0 	; idle for first actor
	idle i1 	; idle for second actor
			; and so on until ...
	idle i10 	; idle for 10th actor (or whatever the limit was
			; in crazy's node object)
			; all idles after the first can be null, of course
EndStruct

Then of course we need a tag search to find the ones we want, and something to take N matching animations and stitch them together into a longer sequence, and probably something to index the animations by number of actors and tags in case we suddenly have a lot of animations to search.

But the loading bit should be fairly straight-forward.

About tags.

I'm thinking to formalise the "MF" style notation commonly in use. Some of this is fairly obvious

• The number of letters is the number of participants.
  • The order of letters is the order of the idles.
  • Mixed caps indicates an aggressive or domination scene. So "Mf" would have a submissive female role, "mF" would mean femdom. "MF" would be normal/consensual and "mf" should probably mean the same, although I'd propose we use all caps for consensual scenes and avoid the all lower case variants entirely. (Or I can just map them into upper case when I in the script which might be easier).
  • I propose using "X" for "don't care". Which is to say that we use "M" and "m" only for those animations that need some aspect of male anatomy to work right, and we only use "F" and "f" fort those that need female body parts.

Some examples:

Simple kissing would be XX since the animation would work for either gender in either slot. Kissing with one actor pulling the hair of the other would be Xx. If the submissive half is also getting a boob fondled, that then becomes Xf. This means that BJ animations are probably going to be MX or Mx.

Note that there is still nothing to stop a modder from loading females into an "M" role, or vice versa - the tag string just tells you what sort of animation is in wich slot.

When you search for an animation (as opposed to defining them) "M" will match "M" and "X", "m" will match "m" and "x" and similarly for "F" and "f". If you specify a "X" or "x" in a search, you are asking for only gender neutral animations

We probably want to separate this from the keyword list used in SexLab as well. Let's call this an "animation spec" perhaps.

More later. Comments welcome.

Yeah, he linked a bunch of wav files inside his hkx animation files - pretty clever.

This will get problematic quite soon, because firing sounds out of an animation is absolutely static.

Sounds should be done by the framework itself, at least the Sounds including voice.

Sfx is better done out of an animation, because you get a far better timing there.

For the animation struct I'm thinking:

Struct AnimationRecord
	string name
	string modder
	int intensity	; indication of arousal/enthusiasm. ranges from 0 to 4
			; 0 - foreplay
			; 1 - relaxed
			; 2 - normal
			; 3 - frantic
			; 4 - climax
			; used so that we we can construct sequences on-the-fly
			; without going from frantic to relaxed unexpectedly
	string tag 	; more or less as in SexLab - I have some ideas though...
	int  num_actors	; just a convenience, really
	idle i0 	; idle for first actor
	idle i1 	; idle for second actor
			; and so on until ...
	idle i10 	; idle for 10th actor (or whatever the limit was
			; in crazy's node object)
			; all idles after the first can be null, of course
EndStruct

Will the name be used as a position identifier ?

And what about "type of Act" ?

Thats quite important for a lot of stuff.

Do you mean the position in the sequence when I get to multi-stage animation? That's the idea behind the "intensity" field. No fixed positions, just making sure that things don't go backwards accidentally :)

Names ... I'm thinking name and modder together should be unique so people can find specific animations if they want to construct their own scene list.

And what about "type of Act" ?

Thats quite important for a lot of stuff.

That was the "more later" part :)

I'm thinking to use body-part/action pairs, and maybe a free-form keyword list

Totally different subject, but I've been thinking about all the people who find things start working when they enable Papyrus logging... I bet that's a timing issue. Either the logging slows things down long enough for the engine to catch up with the thread, or maybe there's something that just needs to go latent for a moment and let another thread do some necessary things.

I may have to do some testing with logging off and see what I can find.

[edit]

The other thing that might be useful for a scene spec might be a wildcard that means "match actor's gender". Maybe "." and "!" with "!" being the dominant form and "." the subby one. So you could query the animation database with "!." and have it understood as "find gender-compatible stages where the first actor is somehow abusing the second". Using "!" in anotherwise all-caps spec would be take as "gender-specific, consensual"

Do you mean the position in the sequence when I get to multi-stage animation?

I meant things like doggy / Cowgirl / 69 / etc positions.

When using the name string for that, the combination of name and modder points to a explicit animation, while when just using the name you can build scenes which only contain one position done by multiple animators.

Do you mean the position in the sequence when I get to multi-stage animation?

I meant things like doggy / Cowgirl / 69 / etc positions.

When using the name string for that, the combination of name and modder points to a explicit animation, while when just using the name you can build scenes which only contain one position done by multiple animators.

I'd probably do that as a keyword in the tags list.

Hmm... that's a point. If we're going to construct scenes on the fly, I may need to let modders supply different keywords on a per-scene basis. Probably as an option.

Got the same problem with NPC's staying clothed

- FS4E 0.3.0

- Manually copied all files over to FO4 dir aswell
- Using NMM (not to start tho, just to manage, i start with a shortcut to f4se_loader.exe)

No rush tho, ill just wait till this gets ironed out, i dont mind the little manual work involved.

Keep up the great work :D

Vinfamy... is there any chance for an all in one mod? 

I ask, because I am currently using about 100 building mods. I've condensed about 30 into a single ESP, as well as about 50 non building ones too... but yours wont work when I do it the usual way through FO4Edit... they seem to need to be stand alone esps.

Skyrim also has about 100 adult mods all said and done, so I can definitely see there being a need for combo esps going forward. I think the hard limit is still 255 mods loaded, and less depending on machine?