i have a very strange problem ^^

with version 0_3 animations start

with 0_4a and 0_0_5 animations no start

F4SE problem most probably, read the OP's troubleshooting section.

Although it might be worth waiting for the next version/ using 0.4a rather than 0.5, 0.5 is having some problems that need Doc's attention when he gets the chance :)

I've been wanting to get into the modding scene for a while now. I have experience with Python, C#, and Java. I just want to know from your(DocClox) or Vinfamy's perspective, what is the best way to start making functional mods for Fallout 4 and the Four Play framework?

You'll nail it in no time with your experience. All events and functions are listed on here: https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Category:Papyrus

I was supposed to complete this but have been procrastinating, but you definitely don't need a 'beginner's guide' anyway - the "Starting a Sex Scene" script is all you need to hook into Four Play framework: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/75943-make-your-own-fo4-sex-mod-modders-discussion/

As you already have plenty of developing experience, just have a look at the source files in my mods - I deliberately kept everything loose and included all my source files in psc formats so that people can access them easily (Admittedly, I'm horrible at indentations, so apologies for that) . It should all make sense quickly.

Once you get Papyrus nailed down, read the tutorials on creationkit on quests, dialogues (very annoying in FO4 as you also have to make a scene) and quest alias. These are the most important elements of the creationkit  that you work with a lot 

Just tried out the new 0.0.5 version and it behaves exactly as the .4a version did mainly everything I tried works except the stripping, the F4SE scripts are definitely there and the animations work great, but no one strips. Anyone have ideas of things to try? 

I know you're gonna hate me for this but the everything working except stripping is a clear sign of a F4SE-related issue. Have a look again in the OP's troubleshooting section perhaps.

Also. any other mods in your load order that relies on F4SE or just Four-Play

Just tried out the new 0.0.5 version and it behaves exactly as the .4a version did mainly everything I tried works except the stripping, the F4SE scripts are definitely there and the animations work great, but no one strips. Anyone have ideas of things to try? 

I know you're gonna hate me for this but the everything working except stripping is a clear sign of a F4SE-related issue. Have a look again in the OP's troubleshooting section perhaps.

vinfamy, you and Doc are basically making this game great again so no way could we hate you! I don't think I have anything else that uses F4SE, the added scripts are definitely there, is there an in-game way to confirm f4se is working as intended? thanks.

vinfamy, you and Doc are basically making this game great again so no way could we hate you! I don't think I have anything else that uses F4SE, the added scripts are definitely there, is there an in-game way to confirm f4se is working as intended? thanks.

Doc said he was looking into adding a check to see if F4SE is properly installed (Skyrim fans will remember SKYUI having a warning letting them know they screwed up their SKSE install). In the meantime:

1. Download latest F4SE

2. Extract with 7.zip to Downloads

3. Open Downloads/F4SE

4. Copy EVERYTHING except Readme and What's New files.

5. Go to your Fallout 4 folder (example) C: Program files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Fallout 4. You may have a different install path, like the D drive. If you dont know then you definitely did not install F4SE properly.

6. Paste files

7. Try these maneuvers: You will see a folder named "src" Typically these are for modder reference...the game uses the PEX files in the Data/Scripts folder you just pasted. The first time my stripping stopped I re-intalled 4-Play and it worked. Then I logged out, and when I went back in, no stripping. So I tried re-installing 4P, no strippy...so I re-installed F4SE...no strippy...I copied the "src" file and pasted it into the Data/Scripts folder...an it was sweet strippy love making...WTF? Decided to test, logged out, back in, aaannnd...no strippy. Tried various combinations of this until it worked...then it stopped working and I went back to 4-play version 0.3 and it was sweet strippy love making. 

I have not gone through my load order yet to see which mods have F4SE required, but I suspect I may have an old version of something that does not jive with the latest F4SE, otherwise it should not have worked at all. Off the top of my head I have several mods I think may have the requirement that are pretty common such as Settlement Keywords, Concealed Armors, Armorsmith, Spring Cleaning with SC Expanded Scrap list, Conduits and Pylons Various Powers and Sizes, Looksmenu, and so on and so forth...

Hopefully someone who actually understands how scripted mods works (not me, you guys are like Merlin to me, and you do such awesome magic) will say "Wait, you all have Armorsmith, Concealed armors, and your Photo Light equipped?...Well there's your problem".

Sadly, I doubt it will be that simple, but I am confident it will get worked out. 

And I will end this long post with a thanks to Doc and Vinfamy for the hard work and quick follow up on issues. Well done guys, I talked to Gandalf, and he predicts an increase in traffic to LL as a result of your work, but then again, that old Wizard is a super pervert, so...you know...grain of salt.

Had a look at main.psc - 

Looked for the trace of this

if a == PlayerRef
		debug.trace("4play: player active")
		ctx.is_player = true
		player_active = true
	endif

Nothing found so that condition is not being met for some reason

Ah! Right. That ctx is dead code - I'm not using the ContextBlock structs any more. Or at least I'm storing context differently. Fixed that and it seems to work with the player in either slot, and the multi-player stuff still working as well.Still not sure if the PA blocking code is being accessed or if the test terminal is just buggy, but that'll have to wait until I get back.

Let's get that archived up...

[edit]

Right. Uploaded. Hopefully that works. If not, it'll have to wait until I get back from work.

Doc said he was looking into adding a check to see if F4SE is properly installed (Skyrim fans will remember SKYUI having a warning letting them know they screwed up their SKSE install). In the meantime:

1. Download latest F4SE

2. Extract with 7.zip to Downloads

3. Open Downloads/F4SE

4. Copy EVERYTHING except Readme and What's New files.

5. Go to your Fallout 4 folder (example) C: Program files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Fallout 4. You may have a different install path, like the D drive. If you dont know then you definitely did not install F4SE properly.

6. Paste files

7. Try these maneuvers: You will see a folder named "src" Typically these are for modder reference...the game uses the PEX files in the Data/Scripts folder you just pasted. The first time my stripping stopped I re-intalled 4-Play and it worked. Then I logged out, and when I went back in, no stripping. So I tried re-installing 4P, no strippy...so I re-installed F4SE...no strippy...I copied the "src" file and pasted it into the Data/Scripts folder...an it was sweet strippy love making...WTF? Decided to test, logged out, back in, aaannnd...no strippy. Tried various combinations of this until it worked...then it stopped working and I went back to 4-play version 0.3 and it was sweet strippy love making. 

I have not gone through my load order yet to see which mods have F4SE required, but I suspect I may have an old version of something that does not jive with the latest F4SE, otherwise it should not have worked at all. Off the top of my head I have several mods I think may have the requirement that are pretty common such as Settlement Keywords, Concealed Armors, Armorsmith, Spring Cleaning with SC Expanded Scrap list, Conduits and Pylons Various Powers and Sizes, Looksmenu, and so on and so forth...

Hopefully someone who actually understands how scripted mods works (not me, you guys are like Merlin to me, and you do such awesome magic) will say "Wait, you all have Armorsmith, Concealed armors, and your Photo Light equipped?...Well there's your problem".

Sadly, I doubt it will be that simple, but I am confident it will get worked out. 

And I will end this long post with a thanks to Doc and Vinfamy for the hard work and quick follow up on issues. Well done guys, I talked to Gandalf, and he predicts an increase in traffic to LL as a result of your work, but then again, that old Wizard is a super pervert, so...you know...grain of salt.

Vinfamy and skyfrost, thanks for taking the time to respond, it looks like the new 5a actually fixed everything for me so animations and stripping both work great. 

Open the F4SE archive. Go to the Data\Scripts folder inside the F4SE archive. Copy all the .pex files from the archive into Data\scripts under your Fallout install folder. Overwrite all.

The launch the game through the F4SE launcher. That should fix the problem.

Open the F4SE archive. Go to the Data\Scripts folder inside the F4SE archive. Copy all the .pex files from the archive into Data\scripts under your Fallout install folder. Overwrite all.

The launch the game through the F4SE launcher. That should fix the problem.

not working

I've been wanting to get into the modding scene for a while now. I have experience with Python, C#, and Java. I just want to know from your(DocClox) or Vinfamy's perspective, what is the best way to start making functional mods for Fallout 4 and the Four Play framework?

You'll nail it in no time with your experience. All events and functions are listed on here: https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Category:Papyrus

I was supposed to complete this but have been procrastinating, but you definitely don't need a 'beginner's guide' anyway - the "Starting a Sex Scene" script is all you need to hook into Four Play framework: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/75943-make-your-own-fo4-sex-mod-modders-discussion/

As you already have plenty of developing experience, just have a look at the source files in my mods - I deliberately kept everything loose and included all my source files in psc formats so that people can access them easily (Admittedly, I'm horrible at indentations, so apologies for that) . It should all make sense quickly.

Once you get Papyrus nailed down, read the tutorials on creationkit on quests, dialogues (very annoying in FO4 as you also have to make a scene) and quest alias. These are the most important elements of the creationkit  that you work with a lot 

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into everything you mentioned.

Sorry but I still have a problem  :P 

Animations ok

Stripping half the time it does not work

And after the dialogue I have a black screen with the green logo on the bottom right and once in three this it blocks and I have to restart my pc ... (For the black screen it may come from Four-play prostitution)

I use another mod * HotC Lite * which uses the black screen and I have no problem of blocking

All F4SE .pex files are in the right place in Data\Scripts folder

0.5(a) gives me the same trouble as 0.4 did... No animations triggered at all. I just get a message that somebody is going to fck someone (Player fucks NPC) and nothing happens. Animations not triggered in the test cell either. I get the count down 3 seconds, but nothing happens after that.

And again, everythign seems to be working fine with 0.3.

I never had any problems with animations but stripping worked fine only on 0.3.

I have actually 0.5a and curiously stripping works fine now.

All I have done, is to bring back my character to Santuary, save the party, reload this party and when my character arrive to Concord, I saw Four-Play Autonomy in action on naked raiders.

I hope that it can help.

Sorry but I still have a problem  :P 

No problem, I will help if I can.

Animations ok

Stripping half the time it does not work

Half the time is odd. Makes me wonder if you've got a lot of heavy scripts running.

And after the dialogue I have a black screen with the green logo on the bottom right and once in three this it blocks and I have to restart my pc ... (For the black screen it may come from Four-play prostitution)

Do you have a female PC? Black screen is probably because the female partner gets moved and the engine fades to black to so the player doesn't see their character "pop" into position. HotC probably the same thing, although I seem to recall HotC keeps the lights out and plays some sound effects...

Anyway, it's not a problem I can replicate based on that. Is there any chance I can get a log file? Instructions are on the troubleshooting section of the download page. 

And again, everythign seems to be working fine with 0.3.

Well, I can't really go back to how I did it in 0.0.3. A log file would be really helpful at this point.

Ok just tried four_play_0_0_5a in coc 4test, animations are fine but still no undressing.

I have double checked f4se_0_03_00 all pex and psc files were copied.

Well, I can't replicate the problem, and I've made all the suggestions I can think of offhand.

A log file would be helpful at this point.

I have actually 0.5a and curiously stripping works fine now.

All I have done, is to bring back my character to Santuary, save the party, reload this party and when my character arrive to Concord, I saw Four-Play Autonomy in action on naked raiders.

A log file would be ... wait a minute? It worked? Hooray! I was beginning to wonder if anyone but me and vinfamy were seeing boobies :D

At this point 0.5 is working for me...but then again, at this point yeterday 0.4 worked and then it stopped stripping. If anyone has issues with animations not starting, or actors not stripping with 0.5, please post a load order so we can see what other F4SE mods you may have installed that may be causing a conflict.  If it worked and then stopped working, then  it may not be simply an F4SE issue or Four Play issue (or would not have worked to begin with)  it may be a conflict with another F4SE mod. F4SE is still not complete and has not really been given the attention Skyrim's SKSE was given, so we may well get what we get until it is updated.  Then again some old mods we may be using that never got updated to the current F4SE may be the issue.  A load order will help identify what if any conflicts might be occurring.

And Doc...for the record the animations I have tested thus far in 0.5 have lined up perfectly (using Vinfamy's Mindless, and Prostitution).  Thanks for the updates, and keep your balance (mod, eat, sleep, mod, TV, jack-it or have someone jack it for ya, mod, and so on and so forth) Don't burn yourself out. You and Vinfamy are our only hope, Obi-Doc  :D

I have a Papyrus Log for you

I installed the four_play_0_0_5a and FP_Prostitution__1_1 enabled Logging and loaded my game. Got the setting up slots Top left fadeout notification saved and reloaded to get the ring then went to coc 4test and ran an animation from the wall mounted keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Papyrus.0.log

I've been tinkering with this for a while to try to get it working, with varying degrees of success. All of a sudden it just started working perfectly. Then I noticed Place Everywhere stopped working. So I looked into that, and it just needed to be updated, Easy. Back in the game, stripping stopped working. Just an observation. Maybe someone has an idea why this is?

I have a Papyrus Log for you

I installed the four_play_0_0_5a and FP_Prostitution__1_1 enabled Logging and loaded my game. Got the setting up slots Top left fadeout notification saved and reloaded to get the ring then went to coc 4test and ran an animation from the wall mounted keyboard.

Hope this helps.

It does! This is the problem:

[04/07/2017 - 01:20:37PM] error: Unbound native function "GetWornItem" called

GetWornItem is the F4SE function that gets a list of what the actor has equipped in each slot in turn.

It knows it's a native function so that sounds like it can see the pex file, but for some reason the F4SE dll hasn't injected so it's not finding the code behind it. That sounds a lot like the game isn't being launched through f4se_loader, although you might want to check the f4se logfiles in your fallout folder and see if they have any clues.

You're also getting idles failing to play in something called AkaSingerQuestScript and from the NukaCola sign in DLC04, but that's probably unrelated.

Anyway - double check the launch situation and see if there are any errors in the log files. I'll see if I can get some hints from the F4SE support :)