Dark Investigations - Voice Acting Project

Athstai

Updated the cast for the second chapter. Actually most positions are currently closed until the chapter is completed but all minor roles are open for grabs and I would like to get them in during the development - just for some diversion from scripting and starting fill the (chapter)world with live.

Taking a minor role is not much work, maybe ten minutes if you have your mic ready. It still takes some acting skill of course as all characters need to sound convincing, but don't let that stop you and give it a shot, if you don't plan to apply for a major role :)

I'd love to give a role a shot aswell' date=' but I've got a swedish accent! Perhaps that's not too bad? I could give the door guard a shot! :)

[/quote']

I think an accent is ok for this role. But your voice should be somewhat deep / gruffy for this guard. Well as long as you don't sound young it will be fine :)

So that concludes the male minor roles. One female minor role in this chapter is open and all the major roles which will be open once the chapter is finished.

Maybe I can do Deav' date=' the simple minded dude.

My french accent will probably be a good help! :D

[/quote']

Not quite sure if a french accent will fit to Deav. In any case, I do want to finish the open spots in the cast for the prolog, but right now I am concentrating on the first chapter. So stay tuned untill this chapter is finished, then I will put my attention to completing the voice acting.

What program for recording my voice would you recommend I use? :)

Edit: Searched around a bit' date=' found Audacity! I'll use that.

[/quote']

Yup, Audacity will do fine.

I assume Deav, has been finished by now? If not I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Although does he have a defined accent? I'm a brit you see. :P

If not maybe I can tackle one of the next chapter listing. When it is ready of course, regardless excellent work so far I enjoyed that prologue!

As I said in the post before, Deav is still open, but I am concentrating on the next chapter at this time, so I cannot recruite a VA for him right now (as it takes a lot time implementing the voices properly).

Please check back once the next chapter is released, then all spots for both chapters will be open.

If you are looking for a major role, please wait untill the next chapter is finished, I cannot fill or reserve any of those roles right now (except for characters who continue from the prior chapter).

If you prefer a minor role (only a couple of words), I just added one more.

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the thread with open roles. Feel free to apply :) Please post or PM me a voice sample (see the first post) for the role you would like and I will respond ASAP, either by throwing all the textlines for this role at you or by nicely explaining to you why your voice won't work for this role ;)

I'm always here if you need another voice filling athstai, just send me a message and i'm sure I can pull another voice out for this mod.

You did a great job for the last role and I really liked your voice acting, but I would prefer if the major roles have different speakers so the player doesn't recognize the voices. Let's see if there are enough volunteers for the male roles first and keep you as a fall back option :)
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Athstai it's been quite some time , I did some voice samples for Deav a while back, I'd be more than glad to voice some minor characters like some of the inmates or the guard at the door maybe .

Sure, I think one of the characters in one of the (not yet published) follow up scenes might be a good fit. Unfortunatly I had to delete your PMs (due to the PM limit on the old boards), can you relink/rePM your voice samples if you still have them. I will set you up for the fitting role then :)

Mod is good so far, I have not really considered doing any voice acting and have not done any for a very long time but I wouldn't mind giving a smaller role a shot. (Or maybe a bigger one if the voice fits and I have the time).

Male, (British)English accent.

Send me a few test lines to record and see if you like them or not.

Archived