Dark Investigations - Voice Acting Project

Athstai

So I just wanted to post this here and get the other VAs opinion on how we should pronounce the names. For instance:

Is Daniy pronounced Dan-I-ee? Or Dan-i-EE?

Is Deav pronounced Deev? Or DE-av? Or DEE-av?

i belive it should be Dan-I-e ( like you said :P )

and for Deav a simple DEV

I think "deny" doesn't fits very well. In my oppinion Daniy should be either pronounced "Dan-ee" (2 syllables) or Dan-ey-ee (3 syllables).

Deav has 1 syllable and sounds best as "Deev" or "Deaf" (as in to be deaf) - I like the first one more. "Dave" sounds too common imho.

Edit: Sorry, nearly missed it:

Alright, now I got earlier to it than I thought. Some voices can be varied a bit in pitch but all of them are crap and not useable, so that doesn't matter anyway. Sorry for the rather poor editing and recording quality, I don't know that much about editing AND I'm lazy. It didn't really turn out as I wished, but that's the best I was capable of today.

The voices are great. I put you on the list for any open male positions there will be in this chapter or the coming one. :)

athstai im throwing up my audio file of Erachs first dialogue from the current version of your mod. please get back to me, i can alter my voice quite somewhat. and excuse the pronunciation of daniy i even tried to correct myself, when someone figures out how it sounds ill correct it. aim is to sound more like an older man who doesn't want to believe his daughter is missing rather than an old man who is distraught with his daughter gone. if this one isnt good enough ill post some different voices for you to take a ganders at. or more of a listen to.

Edit: its being a bit of a pain with the attachment right now. working on uploading it again

There we go it didnt like uploading the raw audio file so i 7zipped it.

So like the name Danny? Or more like da-NEE? like Denise without the "se"?

Lets go with Danny and Deev - no point in thinking about it for days only because I tried to come up with an original spelling of her name. I just implemented GrimReaperCalls Voice recording (which is great and fits nicely into the game btw :) ) and he is using Danny too.

Here we go :D

Sample2 is my attempt at a Nord woman's accent. Sample3 is just an example of different pitches I can do.

Omfg XD

Sample2

Sample3

Sounds great' date=' would fit very well to Daniy. So you are hired if you want to :) I'm finishing the last scene with Daniy today (and creating some off the story fun with the glow dust fertilizer), so I can send you all her dialog tomorrow.

athstai im throwing up my audio file of Erachs first dialogue from the current version of your mod. please get back to me, i can alter my voice quite somewhat.

Nice, I like the low, rough voice, just like Erach should sound. You are hired too :) Erach is included in the scene I'm working on, so I will send you his finished dialog tomorrow too.

awesome :D sounds like ill have a cute sounding daughter too.

too bad she has gone missing and all... lol :) happy to help out mate :)

i may even throw out a voice for the courier if i can go back and listen to his skyrim default voice. got a voice pitch editor and stuff so it wouldnt be too hard to replicate the already in game sound

Everyone sounds great, I hope I can do them justice.

I'll rerecord the lines with the pronounciations of "Danny" and "Deev". I'm going to alter my accent a bit, the Delvin-esque Cockney I was going for isn't working out. I should have the lines done before the weekend.

I don't think having different pronunciations for names is a bad thing, if it fits the flow of the other dialogue ;). If I'm using my semi-Swedish accent for the majority of the line and then suddenly burst out "Daneeeeieee" while trying to sound french, that would sound rather "faked" I think xD.

Then again, a professional voice-actor might be able to pull that off without as much as winking, what do I know 8D.

Even in vanilla Skyrim, if I recall correctly (could well be that I don't), the Nord pronunciation for Nirnroot is quite different from the Imperial.

if you need some lines from a french female' date=' french language only, pm me the lines.

if you need some english lines with a male german flavour, pm me the lines.

i'll have a try with it. :D

[/quote']

Thanks for your offer. Right now there aren't any characters with french language or german accent planed - but if there ever happen to be one, you are the first I will ask :)

i want to point out a change that needs to be made. in the initial dialogue options the player gets to choose when speaking with a few npcs they say

"I am here to investigate the missing of Daniy... your daughter I think?'

it should be something like 'disappearance' rather than 'missing' as it doesn't read like a sentence as it is.

"I am here to investigate the DISAPPEARANCE of Daniy... your daughter I think?

I just finished implementing all the recordings I got, which means that 4 characters are voiced by now. And all of them are very well done and and fit perfectly into the setting. I'm proud of all of you :)

If some voice actress for Nodyme can be found, then all mulit-person scenes would be fully voiced.

Thanks creeposaurus :) However, if you don't mind I would like to "save" your voice for the important female characters in the next chapters. There are only so many roles one voice can do before it starts to become noticeable and I would rather like to have the main characters for all chapters voiced than all characters for the first chapter.

Thanks creeposaurus :) However' date=' if you don't mind I would like to "save" your voice for the important female characters in the next chapters. There are only so many roles one voice can do before it starts to become noticeable and I would rather like to have the main characters for all chapters voiced than all characters for the first chapter.

[/quote']

Cool :D

I know what you mean. Hence why vanilla sky's voices are...boring XD

• 2 months later...

Archived