Dark Investigations - Voice Acting Project

Athstai

I could record a few test lines for Elgrim. Since he's a vanilla Skyrim char I could emphasize my Swedish accent a bit. I've got a decent microphone and I can use Audacity to reduce the background noise.

Be advised though, I just hit my twenties and I don't have a very "manly" voice. I'm not like bloody Bieber, it's not that bad, but I don't sound like some forty year-old war veteran if that's what you're looking for :P.

Edit: Actually, you can hear what I sound like in this video:

And for a nice little scream of terror, check at about 3:35 in that video :P.

i would like to do deav i played the mod (great one by the way) but i dont remeber all the lines by heart so if you could pm them to me with a way you want to hear them low picth and that.

Of course. I will send everyone all his dialoglines' date=' you wouldn't be able to catch them all by playing neither. I put you down for Deav. Standby, I will try to first fill the voice actors ranks before starting to manage the actualy voices and sending out the lines.

I could record a few test lines for Elgrim. Since he's a vanilla Skyrim char I could emphasize my Swedish accent a bit. I've got a decent microphone and I can use Audacity to reduce the background noise.

Be advised though, I just hit my twenties and I don't have a very "manly" voice. I'm not like bloody Bieber, it's not that bad, but I don't sound like some forty year-old war veteran if that's what you're looking for :P.

Edit: Actually, you can hear what I sound like in this video:

And for a nice little scream of terror, check at about 3:35 in that video :P.

Voice is fine - as long as you don't scream :P I put you down for Elgrim. Stand by :)

If you are serious about making a mod (dunno what the mod is about heh, but imagine is fun and frolicsome from the title) and this is likely to see the light of day and not have you burn out 10% through after finding out how bloody hard it is to make anything using CK then count me in.

Did some stuff for ANK before and seemed to go down well, so stick me down for Wormos if you want me. If you don't like my voice no harm done either just advise how to do it different or just don't use - your call.

Cheers,

TS

If you are serious about making a mod (dunno what the mod is about heh' date=' but imagine is fun and frolicsome from the title) and this is likely to see the light of day and not have you burn out 10% through after finding out how bloody hard it is to make anything using CK then count me in.

[/quote']

The mod already exists, click the link in the first post :) You should play it and check if you like the theme as well as your actor choice first.

I've downloaded the .rar but haven't played it yet. I'll figure out who I want to voice and what sort of voice I'll do.

For now you can here some other work I've done here:

Let me know if either of those voices are close to how you want a character to sound. If not I'll try something a bit different.

I quickly threw these together: http://ElgrimDialogue.4shared.com/

You'll notice that the "Ah' date=' yes I remember her very well" one sounds a bit different to the others. The reason for this is because I as a test used less noise-reduction on that one, since the whole noise reduction makes the voice sound quite synthesized. Let me know which type you prefer.

[/quote']

Could you please put it somewhere where I dont have to create an account to download?

I've downloaded the .rar but haven't played it yet. I'll figure out who I want to voice and what sort of voice I'll do.

For now you can here some other work I've done here:

Let me know if either of those voices are close to how you want a character to sound. If not I'll try something a bit different.

The lower voices are fine. Right now Erach and Woromos are still open for male actors, so if you want choose the one you prefer. Erach is the older, more commanding actor (also less text), Wormos the mean, sneaky, mid aged criminal.

Guest Donkey

Mediafire don't require an account to download, or if the file is smaller then 20mb it could be uploaded here directly.

Mediafire don't require an account to download' date=' or if the file is smaller then 20mb it could be uploaded here directly.

[/quote']

Mediafire sounds like a good idea!

I have no idea how to upload files to Lovers Lab :P. Do you have to have a certain amount of posts, or similar, before you can do so?

Edit: Re-recorded them with a bit clearer voice and uploaded them to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?xrj9rs313j3sd

Let me know if you can download them.

Sound great. Good sound quality, clear speaking and nice intonation.

I will start working - ak getting all dialog lines for all characters, sending it to you, and implementing your voice back into the mod - in a few days. Right now I'm still working on some corrections in the mod which also affect the dialog. I do hope to fill the voice actor ranks during this time too - well at least the male ones, volunteers for the female actors are a bit rarer appearently.

Glad to hear :).

Sounds good, take your time and give us a heads up once you're done with the writing!

Regarding voices, you could try asking http://www.loverslab.com/User-FoggyZerani--36765 who's making "[iNFO] Adding Derpy Sexy Voices" for Lovers with PK. She does state "If you want some female voice in your mod for Another game that is talked about within this community please, don't hesitate to ask." on the info page.

Please let me know what you think.

For what it's worth being said by me; Those sound bloody BRILLIANT! That's quite a selection of great voices you can do! Getting rid of the slight background noise (such as the computer fan etc.) is dead easy with Audacity and takes about 20-30 seconds per file. I did it with the sample file you uploaded and it sounds like something done for a legit game o.O. Are you a professional voice-actor?

I would really like to suggest that Athstai takes you up on that offer :P.

I'm glad you like my work. I tried to show the wide range of voices I'm capable of, so you know I can fit most male roles.

I am not a professional, mostly due to my location not being close enough to studios. It's something I've always wanted to try tho. It's a fun hobby and I think it would be cool to do something for a game or cartoon once in a while.

Yeah the background white noise is a problem. I'll have to get audacity and play around with it and see what I get. Thanks!

Alright, with version 0.11 the dialog for Elgrim, Wormos and Deav is finished for now. I have sent you you dialog lines, check your PMs :)

Daniy, Nodyme and Erach get a new (not sex related) scene in the next version, so their dialog still changes. Which reminds me: Those three still don't have any voice actors (+ Irileth) :/ Come on guys, don't be shy :)

Creeposaurus, did you deceide wether to play Daniy or not yet?

If possible please use 8khz' date=' 16bit mono (128kbs bitrate) for the recording.[/quote']

Hi there! I just wanted to ask, are you sure about 8khz? Anything below 32 sounds like something from a 1940's radio. I guess 16 sounds quite good too, but for it to sound realistic I would recommend 32. Maybe this is just an issue with Audacity?

I've uploaded an 8khz sample to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?dk5vk3amp9b3rcw

Regards,

GRC.

Alright' date=' with version 0.11 the dialog for Elgrim, Wormos and Deav is finished for now. I have sent you you dialog lines, check your PMs :)

Daniy, Nodyme and Erach get a new (not sex related) scene in the next version, so their dialog still changes. Which reminds me: Those three still don't have any voice actors (+ Irileth) :/ Come on guys, don't be shy :)

Creeposaurus, did you deceide wether to play Daniy or not yet?

[/quote']

Well if anyone decides to record her before I do, go ahead. I haven't been home long enough to get to my mic unfortunately :(

If possible please use 8khz' date=' 16bit mono (128kbs bitrate) for the recording.[/quote']

Hi there! I just wanted to ask, are you sure about 8khz? Anything below 32 sounds like something from a 1940's radio. I guess 16 sounds quite good too, but for it to sound realistic I would recommend 32. Maybe this is just an issue with Audacity?

I've uploaded an 8khz sample to mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?dk5vk3amp9b3rcw

Regards,

GRC.

Mhm, well I have to find a balance between quality and size - I want to avoid that the mod becomes hundreds of megabytes big. I thought 8Khz are just fine for speech, but I agree the quality of the sample is just not good enough.

The next better qualities the CK offers is 11025Hz and 22050Hz. So lets go with 22050Hz, 16Bit, Mono for now.

Well if anyone decides to record her before I do, go ahead. I haven't been home long enough to get to my mic unfortunately

No need to hurry, as I haven't even finished Daniy's dialog yet completely which will take another day.

Right now the line of volunteers for female characters is.. limited so I really appreciate your offer to give it a try.

Somewhen this week I'll try to record some different voices which can be assigned to any characters to follow.

There is currently one other interested in Erach, just to let you know. So it might be possible that the male voices are complete for this chapter. But even if so, there will be more chapters which will need new voices, so please go ahead :)

Oh and the courier has one line too if someone is looking for a really small role :)

Alright, now I got earlier to it than I thought. Some voices can be varied a bit in pitch but all of them are crap and not useable, so that doesn't matter anyway. Sorry for the rather poor editing and recording quality, I don't know that much about editing AND I'm lazy. It didn't really turn out as I wished, but that's the best I was capable of today.

http://www.mediafire.com/?956t3e3arqg6sge

Archived