Hello,

I still have hard time making the courier spawn. I tried making a clean save outside towns, then activating the mod and going inside, tried also hanging around Rorikstead as someone suggested but I still can't make the courier appear.

Is there something else I might try or am I missing anything? I checked again requirements but I have all the mods installed.

cih

I just loaded your mod and I was impressed. I only had two problems and one was my fault anyway. I crashed when entering the inn the first time but that was just a random crash, and I had problems with the sleep part because I had "see you sleep" installed I got caught in an infinite loop of getting in and out of the bed. I disabled the other mod and everything was fine.

I had no problems getting started, maybe the problem others are having is that they are starting outside? I was in the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun, stepped outside, and there was the courier.

I like the writing and the atmosphere. When I stepped into the inn I could tell it was a shady place. Deaz was funny when he came out the first time I was all :huh: I could imagine how my character felt.

Great job, I wish i could help out. Mods like this really make me want to learn the CK more so I can at least help make them if not right them.

I had one problem during the whole mod and that was a crash when entering Dragon's Reach to see Irileth.

However, disabling the bunch of mods in the screenshot below fixed this problem. Not sure which one it was but can be helpful for someone else experiencing the same problem.

t78Kl.png

I've started outside/inside, went to Rorikstead, waited there for 12 hours, didn't find the courier. The Inn is in it's place, there's two guys inside, the hidden room with a cage, but I can't interact with any of them. I even switched all (well, except one) mods I have installed - still can't get that damn courier to appear.

Hello,

Updating the game did the trick. The courier spawned for me in Rorikstead. Now on to some feedback.

This is a great start! It is quite funny (for me at least) which was unexpected. Also the note from the purchaser of slaves makes the innkeeper look even more stupid. In general the bunch you encounter doesn't look bright at all (did you used "bright" in the name of the inn on purpose?). I expect the opponents in the next parts of the story to be more resourceful, here the "slavers" have zero subtlety. I liked how the small mistake you might make isn't punished here since it's a prologue. The only flaw I saw is that it's not complete yet xD. Since it was a very good tease, now my imagination is running wild (isn't a bad thing lol).

cih

I've started outside/inside' date=' went to Rorikstead, waited there for 12 hours, didn't find the courier. The Inn is in it's place, there's two guys inside, the hidden room with a cage, but I can't interact with any of them. I even switched all (well, except one) mods I have installed - still can't get that damn courier to appear.

[/quote']

i have a problem like this, once i enter the inn, and strike up a conversation with the first guy, he says nothing and my controls are locked... so, opened i just pressed f9 started at the door and shot the guy. So, i next walk down the steps of the secret door, and i get to the same problem, its like the animation doesn't trigger... any ideas? sorry i know the last thing you want to hear about is problems other people are having.... either way, so far great mod keep up the great work.

I've started outside/inside' date=' went to Rorikstead, waited there for 12 hours, didn't find the courier. The Inn is in it's place, there's two guys inside, the hidden room with a cage, but I can't interact with any of them. I even switched all (well, except one) mods I have installed - still can't get that damn courier to appear.

[/quote']

i have a problem like this, once i enter the inn, and strike up a conversation with the first guy, he says nothing and my controls are locked... so, opened i just pressed f9 started at the door and shot the guy. So, i next walk down the steps of the secret door, and i get to the same problem, its like the animation doesn't trigger... any ideas? sorry i know the last thing you want to hear about is problems other people are having.... either way, so far great mod keep up the great work.

I had something like this happen as well. make sure General subtitles is turned on (actually all subtitle options should be on), that way you get the dialog that happens outside of your conversation with him.

The subtitles were/are on. But the trick is, those two guys in the Inn, aren't saying anything, except (Ughm, What is it, Hello...), even when i try to talk to them. The same thing with the farmer near the Whiterun.

Does the courier spawn right away after the mod is loaded, or do I have to wait for him (if yes, how long)?

Updated the game - still no courier.

PS: the mod was loaded with Nexus mod manager and/or manualy, unpacking the BSA file.

So people, please help, relly want to enjoy the mod!

PS2: I remember someone mentioned the console command to skip the courier part - "SetStage zDIProlog 9", does it actually work? If I enter thet, what should I do next (where should I be going?).

I had the same problem. No matter what I do the quest will not start.

Then I extracted the .bsa file, and manually copy/pasted the files in their corresponding directories. Now the quest is finally given. If everything works when you fast travel to Whiterun and the courier will run to you and give you the message. Then you know for sure that the quest is working properly.

When you extract .bsa, there are 2 folders in it, "sound" and "scripts" make sure that these folders are not empty. Then copy the 2 folders in skyrim "Data" .

Also I think you have to update to the last version of Skyrim, witch is 1.6.89.0.6 .

I found something more, even if you don't have any mods, the quest will start. So don't worry about the mods. The problem is with .bsa not registering properly on some people machines....

I have extracted the files from the BSA file manually' date=' placed them into the sound and script folders inside Skyrim data folder, and still there is no courier. :huh:

[/quote']

Are you sure you a using the latest Skyrim version and that you have the mod loaded actually? Type "GetStage zdiprolog" into the console, it should return 1 if the mod is loaded properly.

I had the same problem. No matter what I do the quest will not start.

Then I extracted the .bsa file' date=' and manually copy/pasted the files in their corresponding directories. Now the quest is finally given. If everything works when you fast travel to Whiterun and the courier will run to you and give you the message. Then you know for sure that the quest is working properly.

When you extract .bsa, there are 2 folders in it, "sound" and "scripts" make sure that these folders are not empty. Then copy the 2 folders in skyrim "Data" .

Also I think you have to update to the last version of Skyrim, witch is 1.6.89.0.6 .

I found something more, even if you don't have any mods, the quest will start. So don't worry about the mods. The problem is with .bsa not registering properly on some people machines....

[/quote']

Thanks. I had given up all hope of running this, but your suggestion worked like a charm.

Guest Donkey

If the bsa is not registring right there is alternative to fully extracting it.

go to MyDocuments and Setting\MyGames\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

Behind Misc.bsa add Dip.bsa so it looks like this:

Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Dip.Bsa,

And save the file.

This should be redirect to force the game to load this bsa when game loads the normal way, this is also how the Highress.bsa works if you do it like this Highres.bsa won't need esp when your game loads.

Thanks for the help, apparently the game version was at fault. When I had updated the game, the mod ran without problems.

PS: great mod, but yes, maybe a little more hardcore is needed, maybe a PC, chained in the dungeon and used a couple of times, before escaping and cutting everyone's throats.... :)

Thoroughly enjoyed this mod. Cannot wait to see more of it! :-)

Only problem I had was that the inn marker did not show up on my radar, and I had a CTD when I approached it, but I think the CTD is linked to another mod. Without changing a thing i reloaded. Did not have a problem then. A second playthrough went flawlessly.