Now I finally wanted to test the new version and I'm having the same issues as friskychicken. When Erach entered the house after I talked to his wife, he does nothing but standing still and the game states he's "busy". When talking to Wormos I can come to the point where Deav should enter the room, but nothing happens. When I pickpocket the key from Wormos and go down to the cell, Deav goes in front of it and then everything is locked. No animations appear, no text and I can't move my character.

Another issue is that when I pickpocketed the note from Erach, I could immediately go to the Bright Path Inn without needing to visit Elgrim first (as intended). I talked to Elgrim anyway but that point of the quest did not get updated, so it still says "Talk to Elgrim or follow other clues" and is marked as unfinished in the journal.

Version 0.10 went totally smooth without any problems, but I can't play 0.11. I have the required version of Skyrim and added the dip.bsa to the load order of my Skyrim.ini (without it the quest didn't want to start).

Do you know where the problem could be, Athstai? Because I have no idea and there are no other clues I could follow. ;)

I finally got the courier! I tried the save\unactivate\save routines suggested, modified the .ini, unpacked and installed the .bsa files, etc. but still getstage 0.00.

For those still having problems: On game startup I loaded an old save from Helgen Keep, got the quest start message, then loaded a recent save. Walked out of Breezehome in the middle of the night, and up ran the dude.

Having some problems getting this to work, finally fixed the courier not appearing but now i get to the inn and talk to wormos he says uhmm then freezes as do i can't move or do anything, sometimes a naked dude runs in and just stands there, but nothing else happens, though it was due to me using FNIS 3.0 instead of the 2.1 listed but i reverted back to 2.1 and still nothing. Any ideas or help would be appreiciated

A simple fix for the courier not showing up: make a clean save, then install and activate version 0.10. The game should inform you on start up that the mod is working, and the courier should show up without incident. Or maybe you'll have to travel to a different cell or whatever, you know the drill.

Now, immediately after getting the note, before even reading it, save and quit, then uninstall v 0.10 and install and activate v 0.11. The rest of the mod should proceed smoothly (though you may have to reload now and then when animations fail to play), with no wanking about in the ini or bsa. Cake.

PS An amazing mod, can't wait for more!

A simple fix for the courier not showing up: make a clean save' date=' then install and activate version 0.10. The game should inform you on start up that the mod is working, and the courier should show up without incident.

[/quote']

Nothing changed in the courier code from 0.10 to 0.11, so I doubt this suggestion fixes anything.

First of all, everyone who has problems make sure you have the most current skyrim version installed, as well as no other gamechaning mods loaded. If replaying, always start the mod from a clean save (not one you used before for a prior version of the mod.

Once you start a game / load a save for the first time with the mod loaded you have to see a message that the quest started otherwise the mod didn't load properly and its not a courier problem.

Sometimes you get stuck in a scene. This doesn't happens that often and is imho a Skyrim/CK/AI bug. In any case, if you are stuck in a scene, load a save from before the scene started and try again, it should work. The same applies when NPCs are disappearing or popping up at places where they aren't supposed to be.

A simple fix for the courier not showing up: make a clean save' date=' then install and activate version 0.10. The game should inform you on start up that the mod is working, and the courier should show up without incident. Or maybe you'll have to travel to a different cell or whatever, you know the drill.

Now, immediately after getting the note, before even reading it, save and quit, then uninstall v 0.10 and install and activate v 0.11. The rest of the mod should proceed smoothly (though you may have to reload now and then when animations fail to play), with no wanking about in the ini or bsa. Cake.

PS An amazing mod, can't wait for more!

[/quote']

Worked for me.

Awesome mod, btw. Cant wait for more.

I really enjoyed this mod. It is short but has your said it is very time consuming to mod. I had the courier not starting problem but got arround it based on some sugestion to use "GetStage zdiprolog" to check if the mod loaded. I knew the mod loaded and it returned 0, so I used "SetStage zdiprolog 1" and voila: mensage and courier apeared. Hope this helps.

Updated to 0.12

Changes since 0.11:

- I hear voices. And so can you! Thanks to the fantastic voice acting of GrimReaperCalling, conradjones, creeposaurus and watshisface the characters of Elgrim, Wormos, Daniy and Erach are now voiced. Join the ranks of those great voices and apply for the remaining characters! (see the voice acting thread)

- Added story to provide proper closure for the first chapter. What happened to Daniy, Erach and Nodyme? Find out and head back to their farm after your freed Daniy (don't use a savegame from previous versions). Proper investigators may also find an item which will be usefull in the next chapter.

Mediafire doesn't let me download this file. It just doesnt start download and then it says connection time out. I tried other files from mediafire and they work. The other 2 files also work the 0.12 one doesn't.

v0.12 works fine. One issue: It's not compatible with "See you Sleep" mod. If you chose to actually sleep (or fake it) it will start an uninterupitble animation loop consisting of:

1. You get up from bed

2. Screen fades to black

3. you are back in bed

GOTO 1

All the while, the "scene" between Wormos and.... the other guy, continues as normal. I did not test long enough to see if the loop breaks the scene.

Based on this and depending on what criteria is applied to the "Bright Path Inn" it may also have issues with the "Sands of Time" mod, but I have yet to test it because I haven't actually installed said mod yet.

Anyways, great work so far.

Just finished the updated version. The new voiced edition is great! Nice work with the voice acting. Only issue I had was with Deav (sp?) His dialog goes silent I think when my PC is asleep in the room, it works when I first arrive at the Inn.

It makes a huge difference to hear the voices during the quest. I love it. I can't wait for this quest to expand. Thanks to everyone working on this, good stuff. ^^