Not sure if this is a bug or just not enabled yet. How do you start the story if you've already had the storm cloaks take over white run and olfina is the housecarl?

Ah, i think you might have to talk to irileth at blue palace basement. Else, i dont know.

Best thing to avoid? Dont join the stormcloaks.

Not sure if this is a bug or just not enabled yet. How do you start the story if you've already had the storm cloaks take over white run and olfina is the housecarl?

The mod is coded to work with Ireleth or Olfina (whoever is the house carl in Whiterun), so it shouldn't matter which side you joined. However I am doing my developing and testing with the Imperials, so there might be the one or another bug / wrong text left over in the Olfina path, but in general it should work.

What will probably NOT work however is when you start the quest (which means loading the mod) and afterwards join the storm cloaks, then you still have to find Ireleth.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just installed this and have an issue where when I talk to Ilereth, I tried to start the quest and after I selected the text choice nothing happened, so I had to cancel out. Then I spoke to her again and got the "about the missing women..." option, and then when I tried to select "I will look into it" nothing happens :( If I cancel out and try to talk again I get the same response.

EDIT: So I think the quest is progressing, but some dialog is missing. It completed the "meet Ilereth" part, but it seems she's not telling me something as I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now, there's no new quest target in the journal, and her dialog didn't actually describe to me what's going on, so I think that may be a bug since it appears the voicework was recently added.

Looks interesting but for some reason the conversation options don't seem to work - clicking a response does nothing. I used the console to progress past the conversation with Irileth' date=' bypassed the conversation with Erach by pickpocketing the note, pickpocketed the inn keepers key but now can't free Daniy because the option to [remove chains'] (paraphrasing here) again does nothing.

I've tried reloading and moving the esp load order around but to no avail. Any thoughts - I've never seen this behaviour, or lack thereof, before.

This is the exact same thing happening to me, I've even tried moving it way up in the load order but no help. (using xbox controller here) If I exit the convo with Irileth by pressing B, then start the convo again she gives me an option "about those missing women", which I can select that I've changed my mind and will look, but then the conversation refuses to exit until I press B again, and I'm given no further information about where to go.

I did try going to Elgrim, but he has no convo options for me, and at the Inn I pick pocketed the key and no one attacked me and even the guard at the cage just looked at me. I got no special option when I opened the cage either, so I'm assuming all their behavior is dependent on previous events that aren't being triggered.

Edit: Got it working!

I absolutely loved the mod. It was a bit short, but it was very well fleshed out and I liked the different choices you could make :) I also quite liked the vibes it was giving off. I mean, it was a bit obvious (no doubt on purpose) but I was eager to test out all the branches... so I did! Like I said, it's all very impressive!

I'm really looking forward to more from this mod, and I only wish there was a way to subscribe to it :)

Kudos for starting what will be finally a great mod following the great tradition of your previous mods.

i have a small but essential issue with it.

- courier comes to me

- i read the letter

- go to ireleth

- the dialogue option does not appear at all.

i illustrated the ´small´ issue and bug report in some (also funny meant) merged shots ;:rolleyes:

its on the bottom of the load order btw.

edit: fixed itself through restart, reload.. dialog option appeared afterwards.

post-23048-13597882558858_thumb.jpg

Your character looks great! :D

i guess you meant the cat on the picture ^-^

heres a small thanks-picture for the mod from the usual suspects

after completing the quest: kudos&praise Athstai. with the initial issue starting with Irileth out of the way' date=' everything else went smooth afterwards. Now the end was a small cliffhanger hooking us up to get more ^-^ cheers. looking forward the next chapter.[/color']

thanks again for the mod

:heart:

post-23048-13597882592228_thumb.jpg

- the dialogue option does not appear at all.

edit: fixed itself through restart' date=' reload.. dialog option appeared afterwards.[/color']

That might be part of the dialog "bug" introduced with skyrim 1.6. I read that by now it can be solved by creating and implementing a SEQ file and I will definitly look into it before releasing the next version but I am a bit too lazy to fix it for the current version. Well maybe later, depends how long the next version is going to take and how many complain about this problem here ;)

@ SkatingJesus

No, there is no known incompatibility between Sanguine's Debauchery and Dark Investigations.

The mod itself is very stable, the only bug you will encounter is a vanilla bug where npc doesn't load new dialogue.

Often Irileth/Olfina doesn't display a new line about the investigation after receiving the letter.

Exit Dragonreach, save your game, quit and relaunch Skyrim and speak to her again. That should do the trick.