3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Some other people got bored, or only continued because they turned it into a way to make money. Maybe some people only did it because they got attention from it. None of those people are "wrong", they can do as they like. Maybe that's the way it's headed, mostly. But there will always be some people, at any given point, who simply enjoy doing it.

An example of a mod that still has a hundred problems after four years, SD+ springs to mind. What it's trying to do is a big ask, and practically you can't really expect to make any NPC into a slave master and have it work out well, and it's definitely going to break things sometimes, but even if you put the problem with the basic idea aside, there are obvious technical issues that have never been fixed, and a huge game-play issue in the "tasks" feature that the author simply shrugs off to a certain extent, and it feels like since the take-over, more features got turned off to fix them than ever got put back. If I was going to guess, the author probably could have rewritten it from scratch better, much better, by now, instead of continuing the original SD, especially if they'd started small and added incremental improvements.

Software development has always worked best as an iterative process of improvement. A lot of programs iterate themselves into bloated monsters, but that's a different problem. The idea of huge waterfall releases is mostly discredited as an effective way to deliver, and "a working version" is far more valuable than a promise of some big-bang release a year from now.

It hasn't escaped me that Ed releases often, mostly with small changes, and it's a system that is delivering some of the most stable mods overall.

hey hey! i want money too, and ... praise me more xD

i dont think mod is going to get anywhere without attention, slso is a perfect example, you can see changelogs, it started as simple sl functionlity replacement with purpose of enabling separate orgasms actually do something other than mcm toggle tick, then more features creeped in like interactivity and widgets

well big mod- big problems i guess it takes huge amount of time to dig though something like SD+ and then through dialogues, hormones and who knows what else and make it all work and then there all those DD mods, it must be nightmare

4 hours ago, Ed86 said:

well big mod- big problems i guess it takes huge amount of time to dig though something like SD+ and then through dialogues, hormones and who knows what else and make it all work and then there all those DD mods, it must be nightmare

Exactly. It was always going to be struggling uphill.

If (say), he'd made a minimalist collar mod, like a Pet Collar lite, and once the collar was working reliably, he'd started to look at you using somebody other than a pre-existing follower as a master, it would have sidestepped all the faction issues to start with, and meant that you weren't super-bored, with a master who just sits in a chair and eats bread.

There was an incremental path to extend who can be a master, and when, from there.

I wrote a lot more, deleted it. This isn't the place.

Anyway, for me, the SLSO mini game is such a great piece of gameplay, it just needs to be made more meaningful. the succubus addon did some of that, but what if you're not a succubus?

I mean, sure, there is scope to add a bit more strategy or tactics to it. Add another key, some new mechanic, and maybe a skill you can build up.

People love building up skills.

Right now, it's easy to start with no stamina (and no MP either), and there's not really much you can do. 

That may be a mechanic related to PSQ or chastity belts, or "being broken" (or a broken install) but it voids the game.

There could also be a stat-related reward for extending sex for the partner by delaying their orgasm.

It would be great if there was some kind of sex addiction mechanic that you have to work the mini-game to keep from getting hormones Bimbo-like behavior, maybe?

Then, a patch linking slaverun submissiveness to it, and it would be double value.

Maybe like the MME progression, except what's growing is not breast-size, but sexual appetite.

Sort of needs a general slavery mod to go with it though, and there isn't really anything. SD+ is closest, but it has its own things, and its own problems.

But integrating that sort of game with Slaverun seems obvious. Slaverun needs it.

42 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Anyway, for me, the SLSO mini game is such a great piece of gameplay, it just needs to be made more meaningful. the succubus addon did some of that, but what if you're not a succubus?

I mean, sure, there is scope to add a bit more strategy or tactics to it. Add another key, some new mechanic, and maybe a skill you can build up.

People love building up skills.

Right now, it's easy to start with no stamina (and no MP either), and there's not really much you can do. 

That may be a mechanic related to PSQ or chastity belts, or "being broken" (or a broken install) but it voids the game.

There could also be a stat-related reward for extending sex for the partner by delaying their orgasm.

It would be great if there was some kind of sex addiction mechanic that you have to work the mini-game to keep from getting hormones Bimbo-like behavior, maybe?

Then, a patch linking slaverun submissiveness to it, and it would be double value.

Maybe like the MME progression, except what's growing is not breast-size, but sexual appetite.

Sort of needs a general slavery mod to go with it though, and there isn't really anything. SD+ is closest, but it has its own things, and its own problems.

But integrating that sort of game with Slaverun seems obvious. Slaverun needs it.

idk, ... if not succubus then just having sex... 

idk install aproppos or hormones with patches, 1st using wear and tear to damage character, 2nd turning you into succubus, bimbo.... idk

well... you are building up skills... sex skills...

i would assume that is when you are combat raped, and i dont think that is where you should have any choice

i dont think there should be stat rewards, as normal rewards are already big with amount of sex pc has

and i dont really see the point until animation tag system is overhauled, so scripts can actually know what is happening during anim stage, which probably never happens

well there is, kind off, eventually character will have so much lewdness that even sex wont satisfy it, and pc will be almost always locked at 100 arousal, which probably can be played with hormones bimbo mechanics

its kind of not Sl mechanics, so its up to slaverun  to handle it

17 hours ago, Ed86 said:

i dont think there should be stat rewards, as normal rewards are already big with amount of sex pc has

Hey, what rewards? Am I missing out on rewards?

I thought the only reason to have sex on purpose was to get rid of penalties for high arousal.

I have got apropos, but unless you're playing Slaverun, or using SD+, you don't get raped enough to have to worry about it much.

If you are in dungeon, and you are getting raped all the time, probably doing something wrong.

I have given up on SD+ again, I never had a save game with it in that didn't get broken...

So, about these "rewards"?

With skill, I meant an actual stat that you raise, like Frostfall Endurance skill, but for sex.

You have to build it up, so skill 1, you get raped by a horse, you die, skill 100, you get raped by a dragon, you survive.

(Maybe the damage amounts are absolute, so high level chars can just tough through it due to high hitpoints).

Super vital for survival in Slaverun.

You know you want to play it!

Yeah, I know tags are pretty useless. I've been thinking about that for a long time.

You can pretty much tell from the actor, if it's a creature, it should always be treated as like a rape for damage and such, even if it isn't strictly a rape at all. So there's that.

With humans, just assume aggressive is correct and roll with it, it's not like apropos does anything beyond that, so you wouldn't be making it worse. Sometimes apropos gives you damage for doing rapes, never mind.

I think if there was an extra mechanic, it would be about getting more stamina or magic somehow while sex is in progress, but there's some cost to it, so you have to make a decision whether to use it  early, or late, or not at all.

A random example, I made up...

You can press <hotkeybind> to make a Willpower Move.

It gives you bonus BaseMP * (0.25 + (SexSkill/2.0)) magic points in your pool,

or a Sexy Move to get BaseSP * (0.25 + (SexSkill/2.0)) stamina points in your pool.

However, if you orgasm before your partner(s) you have to pay back BaseMP * (0.75 - (SexSkill/2.0) or same for stamina, and if that leaves you at 0, that's bad.

Exhaust MP, and you get "broken" for that scene, and accumulate serious libido/lewdness.

Exhuast SP, and you take damage and add to wear+tear.

Just an example idea I made up just now. Totally unconsidered design, but you get the idea?

Anyway, it all works without Slaverun knowing anything, it just FITS really well in Slaverun. Would work just as well with SD+, or no slavery mod at all.

Instead of all the weight and troubles of Hormones, bimbo behaviour could be done through just a dialog topic that has a chance to block you, based on lewdness and arousal, but there's a chance you can get through it to the real dialog, basically gag-talk code, where the Mmmphs are replaced with "Fuck me!", and the difficulty to grind through to the real dialogue is based off those stats.

Ah, you don't like my idea? Sad!

It's possible to get there the "Ed way" and start really small, creep up on it, step by step. You already started, by making SLSO and the wear+tear. Other parts of the required functionality are proof of concept tested in the succubus mod. Extra key actions, doing calculated damage, etc.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Hey, what rewards? Am I missing out on rewards?

I thought the only reason to have sex on purpose was to get rid of penalties for high arousal.

I have got apropos, but unless you're playing Slaverun, or using SD+, you don't get raped enough to have to worry about it much.

If you are in dungeon, and you are getting raped all the time, probably doing something wrong.

I have given up on SD+ again, I never had a save game with it in that didn't get broken...

So, about these "rewards"?

With skill, I meant an actual stat that you raise, like Frostfall Endurance skill, but for sex.

You have to build it up, so skill 1, you get raped by a horse, you die, skill 100, you get raped by a dragon, you survive.

(Maybe the damage amounts are absolute, so high level chars can just tough through it due to high hitpoints).

Super vital for survival in Slaverun.

You know you want to play it!

Yeah, I know tags are pretty useless. I've been thinking about that for a long time.

You can pretty much tell from the actor, if it's a creature, it should always be treated as like a rape for damage and such, even if it isn't strictly a rape at all. So there's that.

With humans, just assume aggressive is correct and roll with it, it's not like apropos does anything beyond that, so you wouldn't be making it worse. Sometimes apropos gives you damage for doing rapes, never mind.

I think if there was an extra mechanic, it would be about getting more stamina or magic somehow while sex is in progress, but there's some cost to it, so you have to make a decision whether to use it  early, or late, or not at all.

A random example, I made up...

You can press <hotkeybind> to make a Willpower Move.

It gives you bonus BaseMP * (0.25 + (SexSkill/2.0)) magic points in your pool,

or a Sexy Move to get BaseSP * (0.25 + (SexSkill/2.0)) stamina points in your pool.

However, if you orgasm before your partner(s) you have to pay back BaseMP * (0.75 - (SexSkill/2.0) or same for stamina, and if that leaves you at 0, that's bad.

Exhaust MP, and you get "broken" for that scene, and accumulate serious libido/lewdness.

Exhuast SP, and you take damage and add to wear+tear.

Just an example idea I made up just now. Totally unconsidered design, but you get the idea?

Anyway, it all works without Slaverun knowing anything, it just FITS really well in Slaverun. Would work just as well with SD+, or no slavery mod at all.

Instead of all the weight and troubles of Hormones, bimbo behaviour could be done through just a dialog topic that has a chance to block you, based on lewdness and arousal, but there's a chance you can get through it to the real dialog, basically gag-talk code, where the Mmmphs are replaced with "Fuck me!", and the difficulty to grind through to the real dialogue is based off those stats.

Ah, you don't like my idea? Sad!

It's possible to get there the "Ed way" and start really small, creep up on it, step by step. You already started, by making SLSO and the wear+tear. Other parts of the required functionality are proof of concept tested in the succubus mod. Extra key actions, doing calculated damage, etc.

after sex, your skill increases according to animation tags, which is reflected in sl diary

this affects enjoyment buildup in SL( which you will never see, since all mechanic ruined  by always orgasm at end), in slso which you see, and maybe devious attributes, prostitution mods

well skyrim is very easy, unless you install immersive mods that make pc stats like those of humans

i dont think its good idea to add W&T for slso, there already mods that do this

hm... idk seems like cheating, i'd prefer player to cheat their way with enchantments, spells and potions than press x to win

dont think dialogue should be part of slso either, maybe separate addon, though i dont know how to block dialogues, and that would probably conflict with gags etc

... hold on...

"that sounds hard, and it will take too long, and I can't be bothered" xD

6 hours ago, Ed86 said:

it was fixed in v133

Thank you and sorry! Turns out SL WW rape does not let you use keys. I hadn't thought of that as I thought it was just a simple start sex event.

Bashing my little head against the wall trying to get ww to work... :frown:

Sorry again and thank you for your mods!

I've kicked out VLK for my new game , and I have clunky old SLAR instead, so I can use SLSO again.

The decay mechanic for SLAR is rubbish, but anway...

I was playing DCL Rubber Doll Collar quest yesterday, and I noticed that most of the time I never got my orgasm bar past about a quarter way up.

I was starting with a low "E" 50, or 55, and wasn't trying to fill the bar.

The puzzling thing was at the end of each scene, I often saw an Orgasm message, and then another message from MME saying orgasm had forced out milk.

The orgasm message was like "<CHARNAME> - Orgasm"

That would be great, except... I shouldn't have got an orgasm, should I? With my bar so low, and the box to always force an orgasm unticked, I shouldn't have got one.

But I did. 

Most of the time.

If some other mod forced an orgasm somehow (for example, the Doll Suit quest might have done it, possibly, though it seems unlikely) would MME have triggered off it?

Is that even possible with SLSO in?

I also find that with crappy sex, where my bar is hardly filled, I still can reduce arousal a lot.

Is this intended?

Also, what exactly are the mechanics for "E" ?

How is it calculated? Does it every change during sex? And how does it modify your game click results?

On 08/04/2018 at 8:20 PM, Ed86 said:

hm... idk seems like cheating, i'd prefer player to cheat their way with enchantments, spells and potions than press x to win

Not really, as I was suggesting new ways to lose, and not new ways to win.

Right now, in Slaverun, you can't die from being raped by a dozen horses, no matter what. You just have to walk really slowly, and that's with "hardcore" enabled in apropos. Boring.

38 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Not really, as I was suggesting new ways to lose, and not new ways to win.

Right now, in Slaverun, you can't die from being raped by a dozen horses, no matter what. You just have to walk really slowly, and that's with "hardcore" enabled in apropos. Boring.

Hey Lupine00, you are obviously a hardcore modder and aware of this, but I use Sexlab Utils 1.7 to provide temporary buffs for people. Kinda makes it look like they are getting something more outta sex than just a pump and dump.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The puzzling thing was at the end of each scene, I often saw an Orgasm message, and then another message from MME saying orgasm had forced out milk.

The orgasm message was like "<CHARNAME> - Orgasm"

That would be great, except... I shouldn't have got an orgasm, should I? With my bar so low, and the box to always force an orgasm unticked, I shouldn't have got one.

But I did. 

Most of the time.

I also find that with crappy sex, where my bar is hardly filled, I still can reduce arousal a lot.

Is this intended?

Also, what exactly are the mechanics for "E" ?

How is it calculated? Does it every change during sex? And how does it modify your game click results?

you have installed something wrong

who knows

E=100*MusturbationMod/ExhibitionistMod/GenderMod

15 hours ago, Ed86 said:

who knows

Aren't you supposed to?

"E=100*MusturbationMod/ExhibitionistMod/GenderMod"

Thanks. OK. It's based off SL stats? I thought there was some kind of starting arousal component in there, but I guess the variations I saw could be entirely down to the Exhibitionist component varying with observers.

Would be great if you added a feature to show all those numbers in SLSO debug page or something, because SL only shows text names.

So, is E used to directly scale the modifier applied from clicking the excite and edge buttons?

By reduce arousal a lot, I mean I might go from 75 total arousal before sex, to 25 after sex, even though I didn't orgasm, or even fill my bar at all.

If that's intended, fine, I don't really care.

Here's what I have installed. If something is obviously wrong, feel free to point it out. Or not.

A few mystery orgasms are not that big a problem.

loadorder.txt

9 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Aren't you supposed to?

"E=100*MusturbationMod/ExhibitionistMod/GenderMod"

Thanks. OK. It's based off SL stats? I thought there was some kind of starting arousal component in there, but I guess the variations I saw could be entirely down to the Exhibitionist component varying with observers.

Would be great if you added a feature to show all those numbers in SLSO debug page or something, because SL only shows text names.

So, is E used to directly scale the modifier applied from clicking the excite and edge buttons?

By reduce arousal a lot, I mean I might go from 75 total arousal before sex, to 25 after sex, even though I didn't orgasm, or even fill my bar at all.

If that's intended, fine, I don't really care.

Here's what I have installed. If something is obviously wrong, feel free to point it out. Or not.

A few mystery orgasms are not that big a problem.

loadorder.txt

cant know how you set up/installed mods

yes, based on lewdness

there is a mod for that already

E modifies full enjoyment

GetEnjoyment() is 0-100

BaseEnjoyment is +-15 i think

slaActorArousal is 0 or arousalrank

BonusEnjoyment is from slso game

int FullEnjoyment = (GetEnjoyment() + BaseEnjoyment + slaActorArousal + BonusEnjoyment)

ActorFullEnjoyment = (FullEnjoyment * MusturbationMod / ExhibitionistMod / GenderMod * sl_enjoymentrate) as int

arousal reduced only after orgasm

Still stuck with female werewolf player. Everything works (as much as the Skyrim Gremlins will allow) as human, but when player is in beast form, the man doesn't orgasm (!). Anims play fine, player orgasms, man gets up to 100 (and flashes(!)) but can never quite finish!

Turning off the male requirements box lets him finish as far as this mod goes, but the orgasm even doesn't seem to get sent to other mods (specifically Fertility Mode). Turning ON always orgasm (just to see) didn't let the poor guy finish either (in this mod).

If it isn't this mod, many apologies.

Also, thanks for the Sexlab Stats Manipulator tip!

20 minutes ago, Sydney said:

Still stuck with female werewolf player. Everything works (as much as the Skyrim Gremlins will allow) as human, but when player is in beast form, the man doesn't orgasm (!). Anims play fine, player orgasms, man gets up to 100 (and flashes(!)) but can never quite finish!

Turning off the male requirements box lets him finish as far as this mod goes, but the orgasm even doesn't seem to get sent to other mods (specifically Fertility Mode). Turning ON always orgasm (just to see) didn't let the poor guy finish either (in this mod).

If it isn't this mod, many apologies.

Also, thanks for the Sexlab Stats Manipulator tip!

use console to see why male cant orgasm

As stated in OP mods need patch to work with slso

3 hours ago, Ed86 said:

no, its reset for actor that orgasms

I have a feeling some mods mess with this though. Possibly DCL?

As mentioned, I get arousal loss regardless of orgasm, and orgasms regardless of bar filling (though the latter were all while wearing rubber doll suit from DCL).