• 3 weeks later...

Despite having a lot of modding experience by now. I am completely unable to configure this mod properly. When I use the default option I am completely unable to view any body part at all (safe for the hands when running (the Body is there, it is just completely out of the camera angle). But when I go through the custom set up with all recommended options the viewing angle is fixed and everything is great (exactly as described)-except that as soon as I start running my screen is splitting and tearing faster than sonic on heroin. Headbobbing isn't even a comparison. It's like my eyes are individually flailed about by two seperate cave men (I know that's awfully exaggerated - but despite my best efforts I really, really can't use it on a bigger screen). Despite having opted out Headbobbing.

So I went back and went trough the custom options, used all recommended settings and enabled head bobbing, thinking, that maybe the option was just labeled incorrectly. And with head bobbing enabled - there actually is no headbobbing. But i was back to square one, because I couldn't see any body part again. It was basically the default setting. (Just that it conflicts with the description of the recommended settings).

After about an hour of trying to get the mod to work in a way that looked like a custom set up with all recommended options, but didn't make me loose my sense of coherent vision I gave up and deinstalled the mod.

Unfortunately due to this issue regular IFPV 3.4 is much better than this mod for me.

But I really have to commend the author for this mod. Once I got the settings to work, it looked and felt great (until I moved) maybe with a smaller screen the settings i described are amazing (or if you like to experience what might be closer described as "Head Hurling").

Edit:

After reading NeopolitanNekos Comment I realised the eyeball flailing might be due to the headtracking - and with toggeling 6 (numPad) I can actually disable it. I still don't understand the set up, and the exact purpose of some hotkeys but I got it to work to an degree that I prefer it to IFPV 3.4.

And for curiositys sake I tried to get head bobbing to work when I have head bobbing enabled. And I absolutely could not. The only possible explanation I could find is that head bobbing is an dead option without consequence and Head tracking enables and disabled both tracking and bobbing. Except for when you enable head bobbing which disables head bobbing but in turn reindrocuses you not being able to see your body. I am eternally confused by this set-up.

A list of the hotkeys with their respective purpose and an option to disable the head bobbing in the option to turn on head tracking would be amazing!

But I have to double down, a really a good mod (albeit very confusing to set up).

Edit2:

I assume the problem with head hurling might be due to FNIS, becouse of its walking animations in "sexy moves".

I wanted to share my configuration for all, who, like me didn't get this set-up to work initially.

When installing the Mod use the custom install option.

Do not change any settings though. Just click next and finish. All the standart checks are fine.

Then once ingame press 6 (on the NumPad). It will steady your view, and enable you to move as usual.

In my opinion this is the best setup by far. And when you want to stay for a moment and just look down at yourself press 6 again. As long as you don't move everything is perfect. And when you want to carry on just press 6 a third time and be on your merry (or devious) ways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Pupkin said:

For some reason the angle at which you can look down is limited (i.e. cant see the body, breasts when standing upright). But when I switch to weapons drawn mode, that limitation goes away. Any ideas what is causing it? Thanks.

"Weapons drawn" and "Regular mode" uses two different profiles in the settings file. You can tweak the angles by modifying the "fRestrictAngleVerticall ##"-value of the corresponding profile in \SKSE\Plugins\FirstPersonPlugin.txt. This can be changed while you are in-game, if you hit 8 on your numpad to reload the profile settings, so it's pretty quick to try out different settings.

The default values are usually as they are for a reason, probably due to other settings, such as fNearClip, not working well with them, or the specific purpose of the profile. Not really a problem as long as you're OK with the consequences. If I'm not mistaken the limited looking down-angle is due to a higher fnearclip value for that profile, which means close objects, such as your body, would clip if you look at them. Having a lower Fnearclip will show your body, but will cause mountains and some terrain to flicker (z-fighting I believe it's called). The flicker is not so noticeable if you're in the middle of combat (with your weapon drawn) and focusing on a nearby enemy, but it can be distressing when out exploring and looking at the horizon.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, SisUser said:

With this config installed my character model turns transparent and barely visible normally, but are visible during SexLab scenes, any idea why that might be happening? Without the config installed with just Immersive First Person View works just fine.

My config enables IFPV's special first person view mode.. It's a built-in feature of IFPV. If that's doing that, that has something to do with your meshes/textures, not my config. IFPV doesn't change meshes/textures so that has to be a mod conflict.

12 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

My config enables IFPV's special first person view mode.. It's a built-in feature of IFPV. If that's doing that, that has something to do with your meshes/textures, not my config. IFPV doesn't change meshes/textures so that has to be a mod conflict.

Thanks for replying, guess I will have to start debugging by just disabling mods one by one... out of 80+ mods....
Do you have an idea of what type of mods would be the most likely culprit? 

15 hours ago, SisUser said:

Thanks for replying, guess I will have to start debugging by just disabling mods one by one... out of 80+ mods....
Do you have an idea of what type of mods would be the most likely culprit? 

I would check your meshes folder for the player character actor 1st person nif's and see what mod they come from. (meshes/actors/character/character assets/1stperson***.nif)

Starting there would be good. Also do you have the latest XPMSE?

Other than that, doing some research, it may be due to a conflict with ENB and IFPV. This isn't something I can fix. My config is designed for better boob-looking, and the suggested fix on IFPV's page would make the boobs clip like mad, ruining the purpose of this config. To be honest if you're running SexLab you shouldn't be running an ENB preset anyway... it puts a lot of load on Skyrim.

11 hours ago, XenoDrake said:

I would check your meshes folder for the player character actor 1st person nif's and see what mod they come from. (meshes/actors/character/character assets/1stperson***.nif)

Starting there would be good. Also do you have the latest XPMSE?

Other than that, doing some research, it may be due to a conflict with ENB and IFPV. This isn't something I can fix. My config is designed for better boob-looking, and the suggested fix on IFPV's page would make the boobs clip like mad, ruining the purpose of this config. To be honest if you're running SexLab you shouldn't be running an ENB preset anyway... it puts a lot of load on Skyrim.

I have the latest version of XPMSE and are running Real Vision ENB but as far as I can tell that is not causing any issue but my experience is limited to novice end user of mods.

Will take your advice into consideration when debugging, really appreciates you taking the time to reply and help me fix this, thanks again!

3 hours ago, Tyrygosa said:

I saw a config somewhere on LL with both IFPV and enhanced camera installed at the same time, where IFPV is toggled by a HOME button and Enhanced camera is default. Is there any way I could change this setup to work like that?

I tried uncommenting "bindkey 0x69 0 "ToggleIFPV", but when I press num9 it just resets to 3rd person view and doesn't switch IFPV off.

If you just want IFPV for SexLab animations and EC for everything else, look up my posts in the previous page. No need to bind buttons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 9:31 AM, Spiders_Venom said:

This is probably the wrong thread to hijack but im just wondering when do you reckon a special edition version of this will be out? or is that never gonna happen?

IFPV is not really working effectively fior Special Edition as the author seems to have halted progress on development for it. And configs already exist for Improved Camera beta.

You can find Improved Camera beta here: 

EDIT: I can't find the original post with the recommended config I found, so here it is: 

Note: Be aware that the camera when in Enhanced Camera mode is locked to the vertical axis. Unfortunately this is a bug with Improved Camera and has nothing to do with the configuration file. Using the config can be a little finicky, but once you get the hang of getting out of 1st person (Press F while scrolling the mouse wheel to zoom out will force it out), it actually is quite nice and works during SexLab scenes.

ImprovedCameraRecommendedConfigSSE.7z

• 5 weeks later...

This is a revised version of the mod I'd posted in the previous page.

• Always make sure bHeadtrack is false during a SexLab animation (leaving it on will cause certain parts of the body to move undesirably).
  • Added a hook for the ActorsRelocating event (needs a mod to send the event). This will return controls to normal behavior when moving a scene.
  • Reorganized the code into a state machine to better manage when to turn IFPV on and off.

This is for those who want Enhanced Camera for gameplay and IFPV for SexLab.

I am kind of lazy and busy to upload it as a new mod, so I'll just leave it here for now.

IFPV - SexLab.7z

IFPV 3.4 and Sexlab will never be compatible, will they?

Referring to the Audio Cackling

and weird "Negative Shadow Dome"

(in a medium radius around character, all Luma is reversed: Light to Dark and Dark to Light)

and heavy FPS-drop (-50%)

(and occasional automatic OS system reboot)

whenever one is in IFPV 3.4 and a scene starts.

When surviving, the Dome stays.

Has nothing to do with configurations, doesn't matter what one does in the TXT file, it's the DLL from 3.4 that in my opinion was made to effectively break SL Animations.

Any of you came to that conclusion?

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ShenGo said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean when it talks about "SexLab Special"? Surely it doesn't mean SexLab Special Edition, because the description specifically says its incompatible with that...

Because its a special version for Sexlab ? I dunno.

6 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Because its a special version for Sexlab ? I dunno.

Oh well. I found this, and IFPV altogether, to be too skewed/dizzying/bouncy for me to play well- even with head bob and anything else that can cause such issues- deselected during the FOMOD install. :( I loved how it showed my HDT wig, and its compatibility with SexLab, but the current version of IFPV was disorienting, and when I switched to 1.9 for the MCM (so I could turn off head movements), it disabled third person with no apparent option to bring it back. Thank you for your reply though. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to turn off the forced helmet cam while holding the bow?  Whatever fix for bows didn't work for me and it still fires too high.  So I turned vanilla bow aiming back on, but holding the bow forces helm camera mode regardless of if I am in sexlab mode of not, so I get helmet popping in and out after aiming and firing.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it me, or for whatever reason PC's head refuses to look straight while in sex? Every time during scene, when I try to look forward (some times it won't allow me to turn), camera forces a turn to the side which is kinda annoying. Is there a way to change that behaviour?

On 3/10/2020 at 11:30 AM, Xayrlen said:

Is it me, or for whatever reason PC's head refuses to look straight while in sex? Every time during scene, when I try to look forward (some times it won't allow me to turn), camera forces a turn to the side which is kinda annoying. Is there a way to change that behaviour?

make more attractive characters and maybe they will make eye contact

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 4:55 AM, Hawk9969 said:

This is a revised version of the mod I'd posted in the previous page.

• Always make sure bHeadtrack is false during a SexLab animation (leaving it on will cause certain parts of the body to move undesirably).
  • Added a hook for the ActorsRelocating event (needs a mod to send the event). This will return controls to normal behavior when moving a scene.
  • Reorganized the code into a state machine to better manage when to turn IFPV on and off.

This is for those who want Enhanced Camera for gameplay and IFPV for SexLab.

I am kind of lazy and busy to upload it as a new mod, so I'll just leave it here for now.

IFPV - SexLab.7z 3.25 kB · 57 downloads

do we need both mods for them ?