ok so when i install it with nmm and turn on head tracking it seems to turn off head tracking and vice versa but with both its like walking through a earthquake with lots of shaking going on and the shaking only goes away when i turn on global auto turning but i dont want that on,is anyone having a similar problem? And is there a way to re enable vanilla 1st person combat with the mod?

The head tracking option does not induce shaking, the head bobbing option does. Make sure to turn that off in the installer. Also make sure when you install with NMM you are choosing to overwrite.

i did disable head bobbing but its more spazy than bobbing,kind of like if you shook your mouse in a small area and turning off head tracking doesnt turn it off because when i stand still the camera is still moving where i assume my character is looking when not moving and i had it working fine last month when i last played it only started when i updated from 1.2 to 1.5

I made a recording of my game with head tracking and head bobbing off but im not allowed to attach it to this post apparently

So turns out the "recommended for devious devices" has only weapon auto turning which i can live with that but when picking any of the recommend settings i cannot look straight down in 1st person.

post-34450-0-78343600-1502249297_thumb.png

And for all settings when i open a menu i can see my characters jaw which might be because im playing a beast race

i did disable head bobbing but its more spazy than bobbing,kind of like if you shook your mouse in a small area and turning off head tracking doesnt turn it off because when i stand still the camera is still moving where i assume my character is looking when not moving and i had it working fine last month when i last played it only started when i updated from 1.2 to 1.5

I made a recording of my game with head tracking and head bobbing off but im not allowed to attach it to this post apparently

So turns out the "recommended for devious devices" has only weapon auto turning which i can live with that but when picking any of the recommend settings i cannot look straight down in 1st person.

And for all settings when i open a menu i can see my characters jaw which might be because im playing a beast race

Yeah the view of the jaw possibly may be beast race related. I will say that the recommended versions are built using options from the custom choices. If you want to take full advantage of my mod you'll want to customize it. The Recommended presets are more meant for trying out the mod.

Yeah the view of the jaw possibly may be beast race related. I will say that the recommended versions are built using options from the custom choices. If you want to take full advantage of my mod you'll want to customize it. The Recommended presets are more meant for trying out the mod.

the recommended versions are the only way i dont get that sickening shaking but the only problem i have with that is i cant look fully down

It's these two:

+set fRotationFromHead 1

-return fRotationFromHead

+set fExtraRotationFromCamera 1

-return fExtraRotationFromCamera

Turn them both to 0 very precise control and no additional movement.

where would i find those?

Under {ForcedSLProfile}

I also have my own question. What controls (and how do I disable) the annoying "snap" when you strafe with your head turned. You know, where the camera resets to the center of your field of view instead of making a smooth rotation.

... and on a side note, does anyone know of a way to use the keyboard to rotate the player rather than relying on head tracking?

It's these two:

+set fRotationFromHead 1

Under {ForcedSLProfile}

I also have my own question. What controls (and how do I disable) the annoying "snap" when you strafe with your head turned. You know, where the camera resets to the center of your field of view instead of making a smooth rotation.

... and on a side note, does anyone know of a way to use the keyboard to rotate the player rather than relying on head tracking?

so i would add those lines in skyrim.ini? since its not in there

It's these two:

+set fRotationFromHead 1

Under {ForcedSLProfile}

No, the settings are in this mod's ini file. In fact, all this mod IS is an ini file. The file is FirstPersonPlugin.txt and it's found in Data\SKSE\Plugins.

The values are already in my ini from this mod, you just have to modify them.

First answer: That is due to the auto-turning feature. Turning it off makes movement much more annoying though. ImmersiveFirstPerson view has caveats to its first person mode. You either have vanilla view, or you have a mode where you have to turn with your WASD keys combined with your mouse. The Auto-turning makes this more doable by auto-turning the camera angle as you turn.

I guess this answers your second question. You can decide to use vanilla view for first person by choosing the option in my FOMOD to not default to SexLab Special, so it only enables during SL scenes. You can also always toggle between SexLab Special and vanilla by pressing Numpad 6. But when SL Special is disabled, the immersion for helmets and Devious Devices head pieces gets destroyed.

Believe it or not, normal IFPV has these issues as well. What most people don't know is that the TRUE IFPV view is disabled by default in the ini that comes included with the ImmersiveFirstPersonView mod. That IFPV config really is not any different from vanilla except making switching from first person to 3rd person and vice versa seamless.

It's these two:

+set fRotationFromHead 1

well turning those to 0 fixed nothing for me

Did you change them under the {ForcedSLProfile} section like we said. There's multiples of those in the file.

It's these two:

+set fRotationFromHead 1

Did you change them under the {ForcedSLProfile} section like we said. There's multiples of those in the file.

yup and for me there was only on ForcedSLProfile

Oddly enough, after going back and using the default with DD settings... the "neck snap" is gone. Made a few tweaks to the vertical angles to accomodate my body type, and now I have one (last, I hope) question.

Is is possible to use hideHead on the WerewolfBeastRace? I.E. Hide head when transformed so I'm not staring at my teeth & tongue? Also, it appears that auto-turning is enabled in wolf form even if it's disabled as a human. As an Imperial, I can turn my head without rotating my body. As a werewolf, my body rotates and I get the "snap" camera thing again.

I'm gonna assume there's a setting I can copy somewhere in here and I'll start looking for it.

... and as far as the first head issue goes... I suppose I could just move the camera even further forward... but that's really not ideal.

Also, for gizmo1206:

Just a quick checklist:

•  

• Make sure you have Immersive First Person View (the original .dll plugin from nexusmods) actually installed.

• If you're using Mod Organizer, make sure that SL Special's ini file isn't being overwritten. Click on it and check the conflicts tab.

• Try starting with one of the default ini setups (the ones the SL Special's installer recommends) and then changing ONLY those values.

• Check to make sure you're not running any other camera mods (Enhanced Camera, TJOP, etc.) that could mess with it.

• In-game, remember that numpad 6 is the default toggle to turn SL - Special's settings on & off. It should default to on... but you can try pressing it anyway to see if it changes. It will

update immediately if it does. Numpad9 is the first person/third person toggle (F sometimes doesn't work for me).

• Mess with some other settings (e.g. set all the fRestrictAngleVertical entries to 180) to make sure the ini is being loaded correctly.

• There are multiple entries for those rotation values in the ini. Make sure you edited the right ones (i.e. the ones in {ForcedSLProfile} ...NOT the ones in {SLProfile} )

• You could also try editing both sections just to see if my memory is backwards.

• You could also try commenting out the lines (put a ; before the line) to see if that does anything... although it probably won't and you probably shouldn't.

Some of those are kinda obvious, but I figured I'd throw them out anyway.

If you really get sick of messing with it, I've attached my own ini file. It's got some other tweaks in it, but the headbobbing is pretty much gone.

FirstPersonPlugin.txt

It's these two:

+set fRotationFromHead 1

yup and for me there was only on ForcedSLProfile

Which one. There is a disabled old version of Forced SLProfile and the current ForcedSLProfile in the ini.

I should ask, did you install using one of the recommended presets?

Also see the previous post by Hyperglyph.

Oddly enough, after going back and using the default with DD settings... the "neck snap" is gone. Made a few tweaks to the vertical angles to accomodate my body type, and now I have one (last, I hope) question.

Is is possible to use hideHead on the WerewolfBeastRace? I.E. Hide head when transformed so I'm not staring at my teeth & tongue? Also, it appears that auto-turning is enabled in wolf form even if it's disabled as a human. As an Imperial, I can turn my head without rotating my body. As a werewolf, my body rotates and I get the "snap" camera thing again.

I'm gonna assume there's a setting I can copy somewhere in here and I'll start looking for it.

... and as far as the first head issue goes... I suppose I could just move the camera even further forward... but that's really not ideal.

As far as I know there may not be a way to manage this with IFPV. It may need an actual IFPV code change, but I'm unsure.

Well, I kinda fixed the WW perspective issue.

Gave the WW head, teeth & eyes alpha properties, then made the textures transparent. Now, I can be a werewolf with an invisible head (and no clipping). I think I'm gonna use Moonlight Essentials to set the transparent texture as something non-Vanilla. That should mean that all the NPC werewolfs & followers still have visible heads... and I can switch to a visible head texture whenever I want to.

I also disabled headtracking. So the camera snapping is almost gone.

For anyone who wants to try something similar with their setup:

Read the #2 post here (tells how to add alpha nodes in nifskope):

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/763019-alpha-property-on-armor-raises-a-shadow-issue/

Note that your WW might already have some Alpha Nodes... so check before you add more.

You'll also need to edit the .dds (texture) files for whichever skin you want to use. If you don't already have a setup for that, Gimp & Photoshop have DDS plugins. Or, you can use DXTBMP... some light freeware that'll let you send the alpha files to an editor (Microsoft Paint will work by default).

Just click Alpha -> Send Alpha to Editor. Then edit the image so it's ALL black. Save it (not Save As). In DXTBMP click Alpha -> Refresh Alpha. Then, under Image, click Flip Image And Alpha two times.

That last step is probably unnecessary, but it's helped before to make sure all the changes registered when I was modding Oblivion.

Save the texture, and repeat the process for the rest of the head parts.

Well, I kinda fixed the WW perspective issue.

Gave the WW head, teeth & eyes alpha properties, then made the textures transparent. Now, I can be a werewolf with an invisible head (and no clipping). I think I'm gonna use Moonlight Essentials to set the transparent texture as something non-Vanilla. That should mean that all the NPC werewolfs & followers still have visible heads... and I can switch to a visible head texture whenever I want to.

I also disabled headtracking by adding a WW section to the other settings in {ForcedSLProfile}. So the camera snapping is almost gone.

For anyone who wants to try something similar with their setup:

Read the #2 post here (tells how to add alpha nodes in nifskope):

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/763019-alpha-property-on-armor-raises-a-shadow-issue/

Note that your WW might already have some Alpha Nodes... so check before you add more.

You'll also need to edit the .dds (texture) files for whichever skin you want to use. If you don't already have a setup for that, Gimp & Photoshop have DDS plugins. Or, you can use DXTBMP... some light freeware that'll let you send the alpha files to an editor (Microsoft Paint will work by default).

Just click Alpha -> Send Alpha to Editor. Then edit the image so it's ALL black. Save it (not Save As). In DXTBMP click Alpha -> Refresh Alpha. Then, under Image, click Flip Image And Alpha two times.

That last step is probably unnecessary, but it's helped before to make sure all the changes registered when I was modding Oblivion.

Save the texture, and repeat the process for the rest of the head parts.

Here's my revised ini, that repositions the WW camera & disables its headtracking. (It's a little messy. Just search "Werewolf" if you want to see the relevant changes.)

attachicon.gifFirstPersonPlugin.txt

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I think your config is off. You try to set werewolf specific conditions in the {ForcedSLProfile} and {SLProfile], but those profiles would now not be selected unless you are a werewolf, no? The conditions for a profile are all evaluated together, then if the profile is valid for the given set of conditions, vars are set. You'd need to create a independent profile that adds the additional constraint and then overwrites the values you want to change.

wow i feel dumb,i did not see the other forcedslprofile part so that got rid of the shaking but i cannot look down all the way

attachicon.gifSkyrim 2017-08-10 10_05_04 PM.png

that is the farthest im able to look down with auto turn off and with weapon auto turn

!set fRestrictAngleHorizontal

!set fRestrictAngleVertical

... are the settings you're looking for. I recommend trying 70 to 90 for vertical, but you can go all the way up to 180 if you want. Also, there multiple entries for those settings, too. I believe there's a set in {ForcedSLProfile} for Sexlab scenes & then a section at the top under "Restrict view angle so you can't look yourself in the eye" for normal play.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I think your config is off. You try to set werewolf specific conditions in the {ForcedSLProfile} and {SLProfile], but those profiles would now not be selected unless you are a werewolf, no? The conditions for a profile are all evaluated together, then if the profile is valid for the given set of conditions, vars are set. You'd need to create a independent profile that adds the additional constraint and then overwrites the values you want to change.

The way I understood it, the () brackets indicated conditions for the settings immediately below them. I.E. like any other if->then block.

But, after testing, I discovered you're right. It ignores changes unless you're in WW form. So a separate profile is needed.

And yea, that method will make the head transparent in 3rd person. It will also make the shadow a little odd since there's no head... but (weirdly) it's not as bad as you might think.

However, if you're using Moonlight Tales Essentials, you can change your WW mesh & textures. The head will only be invisible if you use the invisible textures on a mesh with the alpha property. I.E. Change your texture whenever you want to see your head & use a unique texture for invis so Vanilla WW's keep their heads.

Also, I just realized  :lol:  my WW settings (70,70) are the same as my normal settings... so a separate profile might not even be needed to make it look good.

wow i feel dumb,i did not see the other forcedslprofile part so that got rid of the shaking but i cannot look down all the way

attachicon.gifSkyrim 2017-08-10 10_05_04 PM.png

that is the farthest im able to look down with auto turn off and with weapon auto turn

!set fRestrictAngleHorizontal

!set fRestrictAngleVertical

... are the settings you're looking for. I recommend trying 70 to 90 for vertical, but you can go all the way up to 180 if you want. Also, there multiple entries for those settings, too. I believe there's a set in {ForcedSLProfile} for Sexlab scenes & then a section at the top under "Restrict view angle so you can't look yourself in the eye" for normal play.

The way I understood it, the () brackets indicated conditions for the settings immediately below them. I.E. like any other if->then block.

But, after testing, I discovered you're right. It ignores changes unless you're in WW form. So a separate profile is needed.

And yea, that method will make the head transparent in 3rd person. It will also make the shadow a little odd since there's no head... but (weirdly) it's not as bad as you might think.

However, if you're using Moonlight Tales Essentials, you can change your WW mesh & textures. The head will only be invisible if you use the invisible textures on a mesh with the alpha property. I.E. Change your texture whenever you want to see your head & use a unique texture for invis so Vanilla WW's keep their heads.

Also, I just realized  :lol:  my WW settings (70,70) are the same as my normal settings... so a separate profile might not even be needed to make it look good.

Speaking of Moonlight Tales Essential, Enhanced Camera has a flag specifically for a Werewolf "restraint" animation. Know what that's about?

Well, I can hide Werewolf and Vampire Lord heads by shrinking the head node easy enough. Problem is that the shadow shows the shrunken head. ;p Need to figure out how to hook into the createShadow function in order to invoke it with the normal sized heads.

It also looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time finagling the camera transformations. All that math I've forgotten...