Animal Farm: An Examination of Inhuman Decisions

:D It works perfect with the skeleton from LAPF, so lovers compatible right off the bat. I need to remove a "Glide" ability from the script. It's supposed to allow you to start falling/gliding from a fall, but seems broken. To glide, just need to press jump while flying and vice versa.

There's also a "Camouflage" ability that lets yo be invisible, as long as you have no clothes on and aren't in the rain. Although, once you're invisible, you can put clothes/armor on. I want to fix that so putting stuff on will turn you visible again. Would you want that ability?  That does something (can't remember off hand what) in the flight script, but had removed it before steam derped my shit.

So yeah, I'm still finding a few things here and there that didn't get backed up before that happened.  lol

Edit: Ok, just went through the flight scripts and removed what needed to be removed. The camouflage ability does have lines in the flight, but nothing important, and if you don't want that, it is easily removed. :)

Hay, thanks!

I love your Bulvene race mod, it's EXACTLY what I wanted to play Oblivion. My main online character is Marian, the Vampire Cow (long story there). If possible, I always try to play my main as close as I can get to her, and your mod (combined with SetBody) is about as close as it's possible to get without an actual udder mesh.

The only issue I've noticed is that the horns look frayed/incomplete at their tips. You can see the effect in the screenshot you posted in this thread. Is that fix-able? I'd be happy to give it a shot, but my 3D modeling experience/knowledge is exactly ZIP, so I'd probably just make hamburger out of the poor thing.

Again, thanks! I've been looking for a mod like this since forever.

Rochndil, Marian's pilot...

snip

udders udders... why does that ring a bell, its almost as if I have those tail.nif tailmale.nif footfemale_CowTits.dds

keep in mind, i don't have the proper credits for the 2 meshes i used for the udders, i haven't been able to properly optimized the meshes

this is hopefully only temporary, thanks for reminding me that I've messed with body parts NOT between the legs, thanks

toss the texture into the imperial female texture folder and tails into the cow mesh folder and see if they are good enough for now.

...as for the horns, should be easy, i just need to select the vertices at the top and scale the x and y to near 0 and then run through the re rigger, but not today,

trying to optimize the udders and getting the horrible results i got, simply disheartened me, plus im sick and tired and the sun is in my eyes or whatever...

i'll try tomorrow, sorry, anyway im glad you liked the race... am i kinda rambley... oh yeah, credits for the texture obviously to the people who made hgec who i cant remember at the moment and one of the meshes, the nipples KellWesker from deviant art

I'll be more help at a later date, but for now, i must let this fried brain cool down. fuck everything I mean, best of luck to you.

Awesome!

I never expected to see a reply so quickly.

I haven't tried that mesh in-game yet, but I did take a quick look in NifScope. Wow, whoever did that udder sure liked supermumerary nipples! And THERE are the horns. I would never have thought to look for them in the tail mesh, which I guess just shows how little I know about modeling. I look forward to seeing what you can do with the udder, as time and health permit of course. A good udder is worth waiting for. :)

Rochndil, sneaking out past the firewall on the unsecured WiFi...

Awesome!

I never expected to see a reply so quickly.

I haven't tried that mesh in-game yet, but I did take a quick look in NifScope. Wow, whoever did that udder sure liked supermumerary nipples! And THERE are the horns. I would never have thought to look for them in the tail mesh, which I guess just shows how little I know about modeling. I look forward to seeing what you can do with the udder, as time and health permit of course. A good udder is worth waiting for. :)

Rochndil, sneaking out past the firewall on the unsecured WiFi...

didn't try it yet? GOOOD, don't trust delirious me, that mesh is shiiit. I've updated second post (my junk) to include 'better' meshes, including fixed horns! and proper folder structure!

OK, I had a few free minutes over lunch and my trusty laptop (with crappy graphics). SO, here's a screengrab of the "full package" after I tweaked everything to my satisfaction. Info: Body "weight" set to 150%, SetBody cloven hooves, DMRA classic. She looks pretty damned good! Udder initially rendered black, fixed pathing (actually moved the texture completely and renamed it). Toned down the black on the horns, they were just too severe against that black hair.

post-655022-0-12625600-1487273871_thumb.jpg

Hopefully that works properly!

Rochndil, who has updated the archive to put into his REAL Oblivion install at home...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just updated my hyenas. [...]

Just checked your Nexus page. Great work on those! Also like how you set up the pics, lol  :P. It's awesome to know Oblivion is still getting some beast race love even after all this time. Thank you.

Unfortunately I have to say I'm out of the Oblivion modding scene for good. In a (somewhat justified) fit of rage I nuked my Oblivion install to, well, Oblivion, and also deleted all my mods and assets, leaving no trace of them at all. Reinstalling the game would be difficult already due to several reasons, but having to rebuild all of my mods... Probably not gonna happen. Still, in the unlikely case it does, it would be most certainly thanks to your mod, so there's that  :lol:.

BTW, if at some point you decide to make the jump to Skyrim, it could also use some of your race magic as well. What with Yiffy Age and so, we fortunately have plenty of stuff already, but there's always room for more races. Just sayin'  :shy:.

BTW, if at some point you decide to make the jump to Skyrim, it could also use some of your race magic as well. What with Yiffy Age and so, we fortunately have plenty of stuff already, but there's always room for more races. Just sayin'  :shy:.

I kind of understand, as it stands now I spend more time modding oblivion rather than playing it just to avoid getting miffed at constant crashes,but...

The main reason I haven't switched over is because I like as more cartoony aesthetic a la  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40367/? or this http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42279/? and have gotten pretty far into replacing as much as I can with weird stuff that fits my aesthetic and preferences (rainbow blood, Gothic clothing, submissive men/dominant women)

That said, feel free to port what you want, or give me suggestions for things you want for skyrim.

I may try Skyrim again if :

1. there are adequate major aesthetic mods

2. I ever figure out which texture format for bodies is the most prevalent

3. If the things I need to re-learn in order to change from oblivion to skyrim aren't as bad as they seemed

4. there is some way to tweak heads almost to the level you can in oblivion, even if its only in the construction kit

5. there is a thick thighs, small breast body.

also,I technically have made Skyrim mods, but they are so bad that I almost feel to embarrassed to go back to the Skyrim nexus

Sorry for the late reply, RL stuff kept getting in the way.

I kind of understand, as it stands now I spend more time modding oblivion rather than playing it just to avoid getting miffed at constant crashes,but...

The main reason I haven't switched over is because I like as more cartoony aesthetic a la  http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40367/? or this http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42279/? and have gotten pretty far into replacing as much as I can with weird stuff that fits my aesthetic and preferences (rainbow blood, Gothic clothing, submissive men/dominant women)

Oh, I see. Well, I don't really use that kind of design or aesthetics in my game, so I don't know if there is anything like that available for Skyrim, though there may very well be.

That said, feel free to port what you want, or give me suggestions for things you want for skyrim.

Thanks for the offer! Don't really have anything to suggest at the moment, but I will bear it in mind in case I come up with something :shy:.

I may try Skyrim again if :

1. there are adequate major aesthetic mods

2. I ever figure out which texture format for bodies is the most prevalent

3. If the things I need to re-learn in order to change from oblivion to skyrim aren't as bad as they seemed

4. there is some way to tweak heads almost to the level you can in oblivion, even if its only in the construction kit

5. there is a thick thighs, small breast body.

Well, as for that list:

1. See above. I don't really know about it because I haven't searched, but chances are there is something available that you may like.
  2. You would have to be more specific. Do you mean file format? In that case, Skyrim uses DDS, but the kind of compression (or lack thereof) depends on the type of textures: diffuse, normal, specular, etc. If you mean UV layout/body replacer (like Roberts for males and HGEC-based for females in Oblivion), then that's a whole different story, but I can brief you on that if you want.
  3. Not really sure how to go about that. There are plenty of changes from Oblivion to Skyrim, some of them major, but I'm not sure whether they would qualify as "as bad as they seem".
  4. The "race morph" setup is gone from Skyrim, so the only way to change the head shape is to give a race their own separate head file and then use a modelling program (like Blender or 3DS Max) to alter the head shape in the nif itself. This still provides some flexibility, though; for example, all the different heads for the canine races from Yiffy Age (foxes, wolves, hyenas, jackals, etc.) are actually vanilla Khajiit heads with tweaked shapes; and also the shark heads from my race mod are edited Argonian heads, so there's that.
  5. With Bodyslide you can create whatever body shape you want, so I guess that option is more than covered. As for actual presets/body replacers that fit that specific description, perhaps you should check out Halo's UNPCM body. It could be what you are looking for, and there are plenty of conversions available for it. The gear included in Halo's Aether Suite is also build for that specific body, in case you are interested in modern-style clothing (as I am).
Edited by Blaze69

Sorry for the late reply, RL stuff kept getting in the way. *pff, no biggie*

*snip*

You would have to be more specific. Do you mean file format? In that case, Skyrim uses DDS, but the kind of compression (or lack thereof) depends on the type of textures: diffuse, normal, specular, etc. If you mean UV layout/body replacer (like Roberts for males and HGEC-based for females in Oblivion), then that's a whole different story, but I can brief you on that if you want.

With Bodyslide you can create whatever body shape you want, so I guess that option is more than covered. As for actual presets/body replacers that fit that specific description, perhaps you should check out Halo's UNPCM body. It could be what you are looking for, and there are plenty of conversions available for it. The gear included in Halo's Aether Suite is also build for that specific body, in case you are interested in modern-style clothing (as I am).

Yeah, I meant the most used uv layout for bodies, although the defuse/specular/normal thing brings up some issues for me, as I'm pretty sure oblivion normal control all of those. Which program is widely used to make normals? I use a plugin for paint.net that works decent for me and havn't had much success with gimp...

also any good ways to save normals, particularly with mip-maps, paint . net tends to mess up mip-maps on normals

and thanks for the heads up on bodyslider and that bodytype, I'll try getting skyrim to work later, although seeing the diferences in the games and what people already added with mods, I don't think i'll be a very good asset.

...one more question, any chance you ever heard of a mod that helps you create piece between mortals and dragons, it kind of bothered me that as a mortal with a dragon soul, you are for some reason relegated to nothing more than a dragon slayer.

Yeah, I meant the most used uv layout for bodies, although the defuse/specular/normal thing brings up some issues for me, as I'm pretty sure oblivion normal control all of those. Which program is widely used to make normals? I use a plugin for paint.net that works decent for me and havn't had much success with gimp...

also any good ways to save normals, particularly with mip-maps, paint . net tends to mess up mip-maps on normals

Well, Skyrim uses mostly the same texture layout as Oblivion does, with the tangent space normals (blueish-purple ones) and with the specular embedded as the alpha layer of the normal map... except for character/body textures, which use a different setup.

Basically, you have the diffuse (which is the actual "texture" with the skin color and whatever), an object-space normal map (more on that below) and a specular texture, which is what used to be the alpha layer of the Oblivion normal maps but saved as a separate texture file.

Working directly with object-space normals is not precisely easy, but if you know how to work with tangent-space normals (like the Oblivion ones), then you can simply convert the object-space to tangent-space, edit them, and then convert them back to object-space. You can find a tutorial on how to do it here: Object-space Normal Map Tutorial.

I mainly use GIMP for actual complex texturing work and I haven't had any issues with it so far. The only caveat is that its exported doesn't work that well with compression, but whenever I want to save a texture with compression, I save it as uncompressed from GIMP and then open it in Paint.NET and save it from there. Also I don't seem to have any problems with Paint.NET and mipmaps either, but then again I have the texture quality option set to "Ultra" and thus my game doesn't load mipmaps, so I don't know for sure.

Now, as for the bodies... It's a bit complicated.

For males, it's SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim. That's it. There is also another similar body system called SAM, buut that one is way less used, doesn't really have all the support SOS has, and there has been plenty of drama about assets and EULAs and stuff already, so better to just stick to SOS.

For females, there are two options: CBBE and UNP. Note that I mean different UV layouts; There are several different bodies floating around, but they use one of the two UV layouts. Their use seems to be split roughly 50-50 across the community, and both have their ups and downs, so I can't tell you which one is the best one ever because there isn't one.

I can only tell you which one I like and prefer, and that would be UNP-based layout. Mainly because it seems like UNP-based bodies are better suited for athletic/muscular/slim shapes, while CBBE is better for curvier or chubbier ones (again, the feeling I get, not the absolute truth). Also because of the UUNP Special body (bundled with Bodyslide), which includes HDT (Collision) enabled female bits. Couple that with a proper HDT setup and with the SOS schlongs, and you can get some really great stuff in SL/0Sex scenes, lol  :P. Also it's the layout used by the UNPCM body I linked.

EDIT: You can find an all-in-one pack for the UUNP Special body as part of this mod: All-in-One HDT Animated Pussy. Not exactly a big fan of compilations like these, but it should do the trick if you want to get it set up quickly.

and thanks for the heads up on bodyslider and that bodytype, I'll try getting skyrim to work later, although seeing the diferences in the games and what people already added with mods, I don't think i'll be a very good asset.

Happy to help  :shy:. Don't feel compelled to actually work on something for Skyrim, though; I was simply suggesting it in case you were willing to give it a shot. And don't underestimate your work; even if it doesn't adhere completely to the main Skyrim aesthetics, that doesn't mean it's not good or people won't like it.

...one more question, any chance you ever heard of a mod that helps you create piece between mortals and dragons, it kind of bothered me that as a mortal with a dragon soul, you are for some reason relegated to nothing more than a dragon slayer.

To be honest, I haven't given it much though. There is a lore reason for that (not the best lore ever, but it's still there), and many quests require you to kill dragons with no way around that. Also, there are some specific dragons met during the Main Quest that are friendly, and after you beat the MQ, there is a chance of random/wild dragons being friendly too.

As for your question... No idea. Again, there is probably something like that available, it's just a matter of searching for it.

Edited by Blaze69
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, after working several hours on trying to get just one of these to work and having no luck, I turn to the community. These are to be futa meshes for setbody to give canine penises to females. They look fine in nifskope, but I can't seem to get mesh rigger to do it's job. Penises and balls floating oddly in and around the body as I move.

I have my game set so women will use the LAPF strap-on, tamago set so no sperm from females and I'm the only one who gets pregnant, and, I'm the only futa, so I want to have a dog dick.  

SetBody-K9Futa.7z

Well, after working several hours on trying to get just one of these to work and having no luck, I turn to the community. These are to be futa meshes for setbody to give canine penises to females. They look fine in nifskope, but I can't seem to get mesh rigger to do it's job. Penises and balls floating oddly in and around the body as I move.

They do look fine in NifSkope, so it's not a mesh corruption issue (or at least I don't think so). I don't have access to Oblivion at the moment and it will take me a while to do so (if ever), so I can't test it ingame, but what you describe sounds like it is indeed caused by weird bone weights on the sheath mesh.

Unfortunately, the method I usually use to check out weightings and tweak them if necessary (Outfit Studio, part of Bodyslide) is not compatible with Oblivion, so I can't really help with it :s. Maybe try tweaking the options in Mesh Rigger prior to weighting? Like increasing/decreasing search distance or excluding some bones?

The meshes are not right in NifSkope if you test them with animations, yes they floating around.

Run them to MeshRigger.

I delete the body and all "good" parts so I have only the bugged part.

Then all position and scale settings should be 0. Use "Transfrom" "Apply" ( I do it twice...don't know why.  ? just to be sure )

( In most cases it's enough, but if the mesh is still "wrong" I delete the skin partion (NiSkinInstance, NiSkinData, NiSkinPartition) and create a new empty one. With your meshes it was not necessary. )

-------------

The meshes I test with NifSkope with a body with skeleton and some animations.

Copy the body parts in the the test body mesh.

Then test ( Spells - Animation - Attach KF )

I  put my test body with my most used test kf files in the download folder ( the body is with Butt and Penis bones . You can also test sex animations )

----------------------

All your files: not all tested, but most of them.  And not in the right folders.

SetBody-K9FutaTest.7z

TL;DR : listen to fejeena. Also, oblivion applies skin textures by block names to things with "skin" material, not by filename, and you have two unused texture paths

I just want to parrot fejeena's very good advise "Then all position and scale settings should be 0. Use "Transfrom" "Apply" ...Run them to MeshRigger"

while this is not necessarily needed from my testing, it's for the best as you need the mesh with the same coordinates as the template mesh, and most things are applied to be at the center, with a scale of one, and no rotation... off the top of my head, the exceptions include head meshes, x117 items and a few tails, I try to avoid messing with those

Also, both the sheathe and lower-body are called foot with skin for material name, but one is for male and the other is for female

You will either have to change the material name of the one that has textures not associated with your race in the esp

or you can do something I feel is under utilized , that I've been using for my chimera

...If you notice almost all mesh blocks for body use the name foot/foot:... but race creation allows you to have 4 meshes: Foot, LowerBody, UpperBody, Hand ... also tail I guess

Roberts only uses the foot and tail textures, while hgec uses foot hand and tail, so LowerBody and UpperBody are unused and can be changed to fit your needs, just rename a body block from foot to LowerBody or UpperBody and assign the texture you want to the corresponding place in race edit menu.

sorry, I'll put a tl;dr at the top, to me brevity is a virtue, and I am a dirty rambling sinner x:

TL;DR  I read some stuff, did things, and now I'm a hermaphroditic sea bunny with a dog dick. :D  THANKS!!

Tis a learning process. This is ,however, the exact stuff I told me not to start doing. Soon I'm going to end up looking into blender and those things. I am starting to get the whole process of adding meshes together, and will eventually have it down....... then I'm going end creating all sorts of stuff.... the world may never see me again.

Just glad this community is so awesome and helpful. Especially to those who actually put forth the effort to learn how to make mods. Yes, the skin I had to change. Thanks for that. Think I had to do that once before, can't remember. Soon, I should have some pics up.

Thank you both for all the help and support.

Edit:

Just finished creating a new character. Due to my LO, I actually need a secondary setup area. Alternative Beginnings seems to hold off Intelligence Overhaul until you move to the start area. I have my Outlaw and Ranger Life merged into my copy of AB, so I altered the Outlaw start (no bounty or other outlaw stuff) and use the hideaway as the secondary staging, then coc to the Market District and start as a begger thanks to Nic-Vs Better Beggars.

So, here I am, in the hideaway.

post-119700-0-90915300-1500093585_thumb.jpgpost-119700-0-12202200-1500093596_thumb.jpgpost-119700-0-72993700-1500093607_thumb.jpgpost-119700-0-36211500-1500093620_thumb.jpg

And just because.