The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

3 hours ago, dakexdd said:

en el menú WW del juego en el objeto correcto, pero cuando se ejecuta la animación, mis sims simplemente entran en t-pose y no hacen nada.

¿Puedes dar más información? ?Con qué animaciones pasa (todas, sólo algunas), qué versión del mod tienes, qué versión del juego/parche, es el objeto que seleccionaste original del juego o cc? Si es cc, ¿has probado si funciona con uno original?

14 minutes ago, Mimi-e said:

¿Puedes dar más información? ? Con qué animaciones pasa (todas, sólo algunas), qué versión del mod tienes, qué versión del juego/parche, es el objeto que seleccionaste original del juego o cc? Si es cc, ¿has probado si funciona con uno original?

Versión game: 1.90.375.1020

ww versión: v172.9

Animation: Teasing 

object: original 

problem: just that animation

Hace 1 hora, dakexdd dijo:

Versión del juego: 1.90.375.1020

Versión de WW: V172.9

Animación: Burlas

Objeto: Original

Problema: solo esa animación

Parece que el problema era el modelo de plataforma que estaba usando                         resolved             

Edited by dakexdd
On 11/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, Kyle Woohoo said:

@YammiJammi did you add the keyframes after each posing? And did you do this for all bones? I realized that when I move a single bone and I add the keyframe only for the active bone (which means without making all bones active by pressing "A") it does not work. I need to locrot all bones again (so press A, then i and then choose "Location and Rotation" which adds the keyframes for all bones).

Another hint: I usually use Automatic keyframes which makes the animation and posing process much easier in my opinion. This always automatically adds the keyframes for all bones which location/rotation has changes when you changed something. You don't need to insert the keyframes on your own.

So sorry for the late reply! This Christmas period has been nuts! 

So what I did was I started with the first pose and then selected all the bones and then added that as a key frame. I then moved her hand and pressed locrot again but this ends up resetting her and puts her back into T pose. I'll look into Auto keyframes though and see how that goes. Thanks for the tips! x

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know a common cause for Sims just t-posing or just standing around idling when playing an animation? I swear I've done everything I can, I posed the rigs in Pose Mode and even tried to work with the S4S Wishes + Blender 2.70 and S4S Star + Blender 3.3.3 combos and nothing works! I'm really good at animation but this is throwing a wrench in my plans, I'd appreciate some help. I've attached the files to see if someone can get it working and tells me what I did wrong.

jerking_off.blend jerking_off.package

16 minutes ago, papelderobot said:

Does anyone know a common cause for Sims just t-posing or just standing around idling when playing an animation? I swear I've done everything I can, I posed the rigs in Pose Mode and even tried to work with the S4S Wishes + Blender 2.70 and S4S Star + Blender 3.3.3 combos and nothing works! I'm really good at animation but this is throwing a wrench in my plans, I'd appreciate some help. I've attached the files to see if someone can get it working and tells me what I did wrong.

Having Blender problems so can't look at the file but a skeleton not moving usually means you didn't bake the animation to the vanilla S4 Skeleton or the animation is not present/named wrong.

If you use a skeleton with a rig like IK the rig will not carry over into the package file. Only the default Skeleton will carry the animation and the rig needs to be deleted from the final blend file.

If you do know what Baking an Animation is then i'd check the names of the animations.

Hello, i'm just starting out trying to make some animations of my own but for the past hours or so ive been running into an issue i just cant find a solution for.

Whenever i import my animation to S4S it doesnt seem to work properly and as a consequence when im done doing all of the other steps that the tutorials says to do and eventually try to run the animation in TS4 the actor just T poses.

I should note that i've been using the control rig atttached bellow and then baking the "rig male" that comes with it.

Also it might help to know that whenever i try to export the blend back to blender after importing it to the S4S to see if everything is ok the rig completly disappears like so

image.png.d1f954a48484045f2cded003a18d5967.png

I tried to remove certains parts of the blend (controll rig, lights, camera etc...) in an attempt to fix the issue but im not sure what i should and should not keep when exporting the blend to S4S

I hope any of you can help, thanks in advance!

23 hours ago, Flanover said:

Hello, i'm just starting out trying to make some animations of my own but for the past hours or so ive been running into an issue i just cant find a solution for.

Whenever i import my animation to S4S it doesnt seem to work properly and as a consequence when im done doing all of the other steps that the tutorials says to do and eventually try to run the animation in TS4 the actor just T poses.

I should note that i've been using the control rig atttached bellow and then baking the "rig male" that comes with it.

Also it might help to know that whenever i try to export the blend back to blender after importing it to the S4S to see if everything is ok the rig completly disappears like so

image.png.d1f954a48484045f2cded003a18d5967.png

I tried to remove certains parts of the blend (controll rig, lights, camera etc...) in an attempt to fix the issue but im not sure what i should and should not keep when exporting the blend to S4S

I hope any of you can help, thanks in advance!

Well based with the info you gave I can offer:

The camera and lights and meshes won't matter if they are left in the file, you only need to worry about the actual rig files being separate/single files for everything in the animation.

Every actor, prop, and furniture that's animated has to be  separated to a single file, containing only 1 rig per file to import to S4S.  So any rig that is not animated or used for the final animation need to be removed. So if you brought in a couch or chair for example to make the animation, but are not actually going to change the location or move in any way, get rid of that rig. You can leave the mesh in the file, it won't hurt anything.

Yes, remove the control rig after you bake the male rig.(I would keep a copy of the file before doing so, in case there's an issue you can go back and fix it.)

Edited by bobahloo
forgot something
13 hours ago, DSII said:

Hi!

Could anyone help me understand how ClipEventCensor works? I get the starting frame, but not unknown3.

Is it the frame it ends on, or just the duration for how long the ClipEventCensor lasts?

Hey! I'm 99% sure unknown3 marks the ending time, not duration ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 4:27 PM, ymyp said:

Hi, I make animations, but I don't know how to put animations with more than two sims in the game

Just like you do this for animations with two sims, all you need is to add more actor entries in the config and configure them.

Edited by wild_guy

Hello everybody
I'm new to animation and I got interested in it very recently, I'll make a reservation right away that I tried to solve my "problem" myself, but I still couldn't find an answer anywhere, although I'm sure that it's elementary and primitive :)
Let's get down to business, I downloaded all the Character Rigs that are presented on TURBODRIVER and started to learn and test which model is more comfortable for me to work with. When I imported my animations into the Sims, only the Edited Male and Female Rig for Blender 3.3 and the basic model that I extracted through S4S worked correctly. . The other two (Dagger's, Simite's & Khlas's control rig
FlowersSimFactory Melodine control rig) freeze in T-position when in game. I have read and followed all the instructions that were included and that I could find to no avail.
So I hope for your understanding and help, everyone is in a good mood :)

9 hours ago, 1Kasvov said:

Hello everybody
I'm new to animation and I got interested in it very recently, I'll make a reservation right away that I tried to solve my "problem" myself, but I still couldn't find an answer anywhere, although I'm sure that it's elementary and primitive :)
Let's get down to business, I downloaded all the Character Rigs that are presented on TURBODRIVER and started to learn and test which model is more comfortable for me to work with. When I imported my animations into the Sims, only the Edited Male and Female Rig for Blender 3.3 and the basic model that I extracted through S4S worked correctly. . The other two (Dagger's, Simite's & Khlas's control rig
FlowersSimFactory Melodine control rig) freeze in T-position when in game. I have read and followed all the instructions that were included and that I could find to no avail.
So I hope for your understanding and help, everyone is in a good mood :)

Hey! When you're using control rigs make sure to bake the animation and then delete the control rig ?

15 hours ago, Nevely42 said:

привіт! Коли ви використовуєте контрольні установки, обов’язково запікайте анімацію, а потім видаліть контрольну установку ?

thanks for the answer
in fact, the error is in a small thing, in the General Usage Guide that was included with FlowersSimFactory Melodine control rig, the bake action settings did not work correctly (at least for me)
above as there, below as I did and after which it worked. Hope this helps someone in the future :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by 1Kasvov
  • 1 month later...

hello everyone! I am brand new to animating and using blender. i've been watching tutorials, and i know this is probably ambitious - but i'm trying to get meshes from various cc objects into blend file form, to add to the files i'm practicing rigging one. for example, kritical's objects, or even simple handheld ones. 

i followed turbodriver's tutorial for getting object meshes exported, and i had a slightly older one from when i downloaded it a few months back, and i was able to get the package files in that s4s's "Mods" folder, and export mesh. but then i had the wrong blender installed. so i went about and made sure i had the compatible blender ver with the newer compatible s4s vers, which currently means i have s4s (wishes) and Blender 2.76 installed now, as the install tutorial of wishes says to do.  in the process of all of this, i also tried it with blender 3.3 and s4s (star), but the results are the same.

essentially, now that i have this newer version of s4s installed, there's no "mods" folder to put things to do the export of meshes via s4s. i tried creating one, and it doesn't read that folder.

i've been searching for a hours now, reading various s4s help threads, but they're all either about exporting meshes of my own cc (which doesn't exist yet) or are merely for exporting vanilla files from the game.  i'm also not seeing "for creators" .zip files for any of the objects i was trying to get, so if those exist that'd be great. 

anyways. me being new to this is probably my stumbling block - i'm really not sure if i'm missing something or if this is truly a bug in s4s (wishes), which i was going with because it's supposed to be more stable/community friendly. 

also, i deleted the initial s4s version i had installed, and cannot for the life of me remember what version it was. 

any help would be appreciated, this seemed like the best place to ask, since the questions of "why are you exporting meshes from someone else's cc" would be understood lol.  again, thanks in advance!

@Sunishia I just can tell you that on my computer the mod folder for s4s is close to the place where the Sim4 mod folder is:

Sims 4 mod: C:\Users\KyleWoohoo\Documents\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 4\Mods

S4S: C:\Users\KyleWoohoo\Documents\Sims 4 Studio\Mods

Maybe you have two drives (C and D or something - like in the above there is just the ? drive) so that s4s folders are now on another drive?

I use S4S 3.2.0.3 (Star) and it works nice with Blender 3.3. What you can do: you can tell Windows to open .package files always with s4s - in that way s4s will be used to open .package files when you double click on this kind of file and then you can export the mesh as well.

Edited by Kyle Woohoo
On 4/2/2023 at 12:21 PM, Kyle Woohoo said:

@Sunishia I just can tell you that on my computer the mod folder for s4s is close to the place where the Sim4 mod folder is:

Sims 4 mod: C:\Users\KyleWoohoo\Documents\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 4\Mods

S4S: C:\Users\KyleWoohoo\Documents\Sims 4 Studio\Mods

Maybe you have two drives (C and D or something - like in the above there is just the ? drive) so that s4s folders are now on another drive?

I use S4S 3.2.0.3 (Star) and it works nice with Blender 3.3. What you can do: you can tell Windows to open .package files always with s4s - in that way s4s will be used to open .package files when you double click on this kind of file and then you can export the mesh as well.

well, there's definitely no "mods" folder in my s4s path. if i add one myself, it still doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

I've returned with...no progress lol Couldn't really animate for a while but I have some free time to mess around with Blender once again. Unfortunately, I've hit the same wall again, the model T posing after the first keyframe. I went back in this thread to find reply to the last time I had this issue and followed the suggestion but I'm still having the same issue.

So here's the pose that I've set for frame 1, I press A to select everything then hit i, my keying is set to Location, rotation. So far so good, I have my first frame. I deselect by clicking the 3D space away from the model and move the blue marker on the timeline, I expected that the model would keep the pose that I keyframed but it doesn't. This happens instead...

1714203395_BLENDERHELP1.PNG.093484b467c3b25d907aeb40db6d251d.PNG

The model only keeps the pose at frame 1 and 2, once you go past that it just reverts back as if I just opened the rig. I remember @Kyle Woohoo telling me to try auto-keying but the same issue persists regardless, as long as I move along the timeline the pose never stays. I've been trying over and over but nothing works. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me ❤️

672866330_BLENDERHELP2.PNG.6675c8d2e4ce85eb062d9dbd23158392.PNG

• 1 month later...

Hello! I've been working on learning to animate through this and feel almost ready to release my first pack of animations for critique but I have one snag holding it up.

I'm trying to figure out how people have been doing female squirting animations. Specifically, I know some use the sim_pee effect, but I feel like there's another droplet effect that I don't know what it's called commonly used. My second issue is wHAT BONE DO PEOPLE PUT THAT ON??? Every bone I've tried to use around that area has pointed it in the wrong direction or been clearly detached from the body.  Of course as soon as I post this like 10 minutes later I finally knock two braincells together and remember that I can put the penis bones anywhere I want in an animation expecting no penis lmao. OKAY WELL I SOLVED THAT PROBLEM still would love to know what other squirty vfx are commonly used though

Thank you for any help! 

Final question, this isn't as important and is more of a general request of helping find info, but is there any tutorials somewhere for how to use the cum mesh in animations? I kinda get how to animate them, but I don't quite understand how to export or put them into the XLM document...

Edited by bisexualvending
23 hours ago, bisexualvending said:

Hello! I've been working on learning to animate through this and feel almost ready to release my first pack of animations for critique but I have one snag holding it up.

I'm trying to figure out how people have been doing female squirting animations. Specifically, I know some use the sim_pee effect, but I feel like there's another droplet effect that I don't know what it's called commonly used. My second issue is wHAT BONE DO PEOPLE PUT THAT ON??? Every bone I've tried to use around that area has pointed it in the wrong direction or been clearly detached from the body.  Of course as soon as I post this like 10 minutes later I finally knock two braincells together and remember that I can put the penis bones anywhere I want in an animation expecting no penis lmao. OKAY WELL I SOLVED THAT PROBLEM still would love to know what other squirty vfx are commonly used though

Thank you for any help! 

Final question, this isn't as important and is more of a general request of helping find info, but is there any tutorials somewhere for how to use the cum mesh in animations? I kinda get how to animate them, but I don't quite understand how to export or put them into the XLM document...

To put the cum mesh in the XML you just need to treat it as a prop and add the correct GUID number for it

https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139556/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file-4

just be sure to read this to understand how to add props to your animation

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, notallinsane said:

I cant get the animation to play sounds in game. I followed the tutorial on the WW page and set up the censor event exactly as the picture showed. Is there any other steps I am missing besides just making another sound event below it and putting in the timecode?

I noticed that the timecode is 78 seconds. Does the animation last that long? If yes, then I'm not sure what's wrong, everything looks alright on the screenshot. 

1 hour ago, Nevely42 said:

I noticed that the timecode is 78 seconds. Does the animation last that long? If yes, then I'm not sure what's wrong, everything looks alright on the screenshot. 

I took the frame I wanted the sound to start at and multiplied it by .3333334.

And by you pointing that out I realized I've been doing .3333334 and not .03333334.

Hopefully that was the issue. Thanks for indirectly helping me out.

Edited by notallinsane
typo