The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to make an animation on an object (pipe platform from Kritical). I put the WWID in the custom location and the clip object name. Everything works in game, but the animation I made on the object doesn't appear, the object stay still. In blender, I kept rig, mesh 0 and mesh 1, it is ok or I should delete some file and keep just the rig file to load on S4S?

Thanks

Edited by Alexander505

How can attach a prop to an actor in Blender? If I'm correct I should go to the object options, go to costraint - copy transforms, choice the actor as a target and then choice the bone, like right hand for example (eventually I fix the object position with edit mode) then I go to the rig's object - pose mode and then I activate transformbone to be enable to actually animate the object and then to see it in game, but when I do this, I see the light blue dot on the ground, and not at the same object position, they're completely offset in positions. What I do wrong?

Edited by Alexander505
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 4:27 PM, Alexander505 said:

How can attach a prop to an actor in Blender? If I'm correct I should go to the object options, go to costraint - copy transforms, choice the actor as a target and then choice the bone, like right hand for example (eventually I fix the object position with edit mode) then I go to the rig's object - pose mode and then I activate transformbone to be enable to actually animate the object and then to see it in game, but when I do this, I see the light blue dot on the ground, and not at the same object position, they're completely offset in positions. What I do wrong?

Hey, I know it's probably too late but to attach a prop to an actor you have to be in pose mode, then click on the prop's bone, go to bone constraints and add "child of" constraint. Then for a target choose the actor's rig and for bone - the bone the prop is going to be attached to. Finally, click "Set Inverse". It should work :) Added a screenshot below.

Hope it helps.

Spoiler

image.png.3a060153d5cb5493419f8757b1da7897.png

Edited by Nevely42

Just a short question: Blender is now out with version 3.3 but Sims animations seem to need to be created with version 2.7 - I think with some caveats you may be able to use version 2.8... everytime I think about to start again to create animations I really struggle because I'd like to work with more modern versions of software if they exist and I always resist to open Blender 2.7. For me as I still learn animation creation and Blender the other point is that I would like to learn all this will all new possibilites - it feels like learning with outdated tools and techniques.

So the question is: do you create your animations with Blender 2.7 or do you work with other versions / strategies? How do you feel about working with Blender 2.7 when you see that version 3.3 is already out there?

11 hours ago, Kyle Woohoo said:

So the question is: do you create your animations with Blender 2.7 or do you work with other versions / strategies? How do you feel about working with Blender 2.7 when you see that version 3.3 is already out there?

I use 2.79, the latest version that S4S suports.

I would like to use the newer version too but this is the limitation of Sims 4 Studio, so you should address your question to them.

Edited by wild_guy

Is there any way to disable IK just to get the first pose of an animation right? :) I am having a hard time positioning the actors for the first frame as all the limbs kinda move with eachother. It makes it difficult to make one of the actors kneel for example.

15 hours ago, DSII said:

Is there any way to disable IK just to get the first pose of an animation right? :) I am having a hard time positioning the actors for the first frame as all the limbs kinda move with eachother. It makes it difficult to make one of the actors kneel for example.

Hey! You can disable IK by clicking on Bone Constraints Tab and then clicking the "X" button to turn it off. However you will have to set it up again later if you still want to use it. 

Here's a screenshot that shows it better probably:

Spoiler

image.png.24cf52800470637fa923173df7793a10.png

30 minutes ago, Nevely42 said:

Hey! You can disable IK by clicking on Bone Constraints Tab and then clicking the "X" button to turn it off. However you will have to set it up again later if you still want to use it. 

Here's a screenshot that shows it better probably:

Hide contents

image.png.24cf52800470637fa923173df7793a10.png

not needed. could just change influence value to 0 

Edited by Khlas
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, nooddood said:

Thankyou, Nevely! It still needs a little refining & I also need to figure out including native events which I'm sure will be fun :sweat_smile: 

Yeah, it takes time to make animations perfect. If you need help with something let me know! I'm not an expert but I know some things ?

6 hours ago, Nevely42 said:

You just need to add another actor entry with a new id and set up the actor interactions properly

Ok I got it working, the issue wasn't the XML but the initiation of the threesome animations. I guess the only way to start a threesome is to first start a 2v2 animation then select "join in" with another sim?

28 minutes ago, lanoix said:

Ok I got it working, the issue wasn't the XML but the initiation of the threesome animations. I guess the only way to start a threesome is to first start a 2v2 animation then select "join in" with another sim?

I think there's an option in WW settings that lets you start sex with multiple sims without having to invite them. If I remember correctly it's somewhere in the interaction options but I'm not sure. 

6 hours ago, Nevely42 said:

I think there's an option in WW settings that lets you start sex with multiple sims without having to invite them. If I remember correctly it's somewhere in the interaction options but I'm not sure. 

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow experts,

I just tried out Blender 3.3 with potential animations.
But I just can't find a setting where to find the checkbox or similar to activate the rigs's associated mesh...

Any tip?

Attached images to show what I mean. Meshes are displayed in Blender 2.78 by default I guess...

How can I activate the same in 3.3?

Thanks for your help guys!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.92a3c0f0036b8728e1f0d6f023bd91e8.pngimage.thumb.png.9d84800993820542f1548186b66703b9.png