The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

1 hour ago, lanoix said:

Sorry I have one more question, do you know what the field "Unknown 2" is for? 

I guess it's some service value to configure the event, you shouldn't touch it and keep it as bla-bla-bla-100 (default value) to make the event working. I don't know actually, never touched it.

Edited by wild_guy
On 4/4/2022 at 2:00 AM, Khlas said:

you add the censor event directly on the clip itself. The timecode is thre just to mean where the event will start, and its duration. Nothing else. You can only add one censor event per clip. I never managed to add two of them sadly.

I just added two by changing the ID in Unknown 1 the same way you do with sound events. 0x00000001 for first censor, 0x00000002 for second etc. It seems to work.

1 minute ago, lanoix said:

I just added two by changing the ID in Unknown 1 the same way you do with sound events. 0x00000001 for first censor, 0x00000002 for second etc. It seems to work.

are you sure it does? because some VO sounds doesn't open the jaw at all and if you didn't animated the jaw it could looks like it worked

36 minutes ago, Khlas said:

are you sure it does? because some VO sounds doesn't open the jaw at all and if you didn't animated the jaw it could looks like it worked

Yeah I tried in multiple steps to learn so I know the sounds move the jaw if it's not censored.

• 3 weeks later...

Would someone be willing to help look over the xml file for my first animation attempt? I got it to work once while in game, but then I tried to improve some things and now it won't work at all. I'm very new to this, so I'm sure I'm missing something. I even tried starting from scratch with a new template xml file and only put in the variables that worked the first time, but no dice.

Also, if we can figure out how to make it work, please feel free to critique the animation itself. It's rough around the edges, I know.

Crouched_Dildo_Ride.package

12 hours ago, Flitterbug said:

Would someone be willing to help look over the xml file for my first animation attempt? I got it to work once while in game, but then I tried to improve some things and now it won't work at all. I'm very new to this, so I'm sure I'm missing something. I even tried starting from scratch with a new template xml file and only put in the variables that worked the first time, but no dice.

Also, if we can figure out how to make it work, please feel free to critique the animation itself. It's rough around the edges, I know.

Crouched_Dildo_Ride.package 62.72 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, i took a look at your XML file, and i think i know what your problem is, you need to put values in the part of the XML you left blank, you cant just leave it blank, so set values for:  "receiving_actor_category" ,"receiving_actor_cum_layers" and "receiving_actor_cum_inside" , also for the receiving_actor_id, put  1 since it's the first actor,i'm no expert but I think that should solve the issue, also if you dont want to use the actor_interactions part, you can delete it (the part i highlighted) make sure you read this guide if you arent sure about something XML related: https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139556/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file-4 .

Screenshot_6.png.ebf5a4e947f7a631298283f9c69167d3.png

Also im not the best at animations still trying to improve haha so you can ask some one else about the animation part ?

13 hours ago, Flitterbug said:

Crouched_Dildo_Ride.package 62.72 kB · 1 download

Also, you used an "object_animation_clip_name" are you trying to add an animated object to your animation? Screenshot_7.png.97cf1b6fb4d2c84eb1be3887a70c0cbe.png

5 hours ago, KatsuKitty said:

Also, you used an "object_animation_clip_name" are you trying to add an animated object to your animation? Screenshot_7.png.97cf1b6fb4d2c84eb1be3887a70c0cbe.png

Thank you for the advice! I will make those changes and test it out. Also, I'm using just Noir's dildo as a prop, but I assumed I needed to put that in because the object has a first and last frame in the animation. I can test it without that part, though.

EDIT: So I tried those changes, but still nothing. ?

Edited by Flitterbug
40 minutes ago, Flitterbug said:

Thank you for the advice! I will make those changes and test it out. Also, I'm using just Noir's dildo as a prop, but I assumed I needed to put that in because the object has a first and last frame in the animation. I can test it without that part, though.

EDIT: So I tried those changes, but still nothing. ?

props uses specific variables. The object animation is for objects animations, not props. If you don’t add the prop variables in your animation the animation will not show. 

Also actor 0 is the first actor, not 1. Everything is written in the xml guide, I think you should download the template and read entirely the guide to know what variables are used for. 

Just now, Khlas said:

props uses specific variables. The object animation is for objects animations, not props. If you don’t add the prop variables in your animation the animation will not show. 

Also actor 0 is the first actor, not 1. Everything is written in the xml guide, I think you should download the template and read entirely the guide to know what variables are used for. 

Okay, sounds good! I tried removing that. I also have the props section filled out. I actually have read through the tutorial a couples times, referenced it quite a bit, and watched a video on youtube. ? I can't seem to figure out where I went wrong and I know I'm missing something. I'm pretty sure I reverted it back to all the variables that worked the first time. I checked tags to see if something was missing, but as far as I can tell all the open and close tags are there.

3 hours ago, Flitterbug said:

Okay, sounds good! I tried removing that. I also have the props section filled out. I actually have read through the tutorial a couples times, referenced it quite a bit, and watched a video on youtube. ? I can't seem to figure out where I went wrong and I know I'm missing something. I'm pretty sure I reverted it back to all the variables that worked the first time. I checked tags to see if something was missing, but as far as I can tell all the open and close tags are there.

hey, can you send the new xml file you made , i can check it for you~

5 hours ago, freemywilly said:

Hello ...
i am starting with animations for sims4 and am using the Nanashi Rig.

Unfortunately she does not seem to have a Tongue.

So, which rig for Female do you suggest, so that I can have boob control and tongue control ?

Thx in advance.

I'd recommend you using these amazing rigs right here:

https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139574/creating-basic-animations-in-blender-1

the download for it is at the top 

Edited by KatsuKitty

Hi everyone! I've been working on my first ever animation for WW. Everything's been going pretty well... until now. So I've made 5 animations (1 teasing, 3 handjob and climax). For the climax I've used the CherryPie's cum mesh. In Blender everything looked just as I wanted and the animations successfully appeared in the game. Except for the climax. The problem is the cum mesh. It's animated but it's appearing in a different position than in Blender. I've spent so much time trying to figure out what is wrong but I give up. I'm probably too dumb for this. So if someone could help me I'd be forever grateful!

Spoiler

13_07.2022_17-14-48.png.5b5998f0c1625dc0e6016eaf4c02c2a2.png 13_07.2022_17-14-30.png.efa40e28b4f4b18d61dcb9216090cfc9.png

Spoiler

image.gif.1ce53437c0c36214a5bd6aeb7f756d17.gif

I'm attaching the .blend file, xml file and .package.

climax.blend S4_7DF2169C_00000000_43F3438A94EDEB2B.xml WW_Nevely42_Animations.package

23 minutes ago, Nevely42 said:

Hi everyone! I've been working on my first ever animation for WW. Everything's been going pretty well... until now. So I've made 5 animations (1 teasing, 3 handjob and climax). For the climax I've used the CherryPie's cum mesh. In Blender everything looked just as I wanted and the animations successfully appeared in the game. Except for the climax. The problem is the cum mesh. It's animated but it's appearing in a different position than in Blender. I've spent so much time trying to figure out what is wrong but I give up. I'm probably too dumb for this. So if someone could help me I'd be forever grateful!

Hide contents

13_07.2022_17-14-48.png.5b5998f0c1625dc0e6016eaf4c02c2a2.png 13_07.2022_17-14-30.png.efa40e28b4f4b18d61dcb9216090cfc9.png

Hide contents

climax.blend 5.14 MB · 0 downloads S4_7DF2169C_00000000_43F3438A94EDEB2B.xml 14.62 kB · 0 downloads WW_Nevely42_Animations.package 499.87 kB · 0 downloads

hi so i think i know the solution to your problem, at the bottom turn on autokeying and automatic keyframe insertion and set it to locrotscale ( which adds a frame for the location, rotation and scale]

Screenshot_8.png.46203cc0ab4d556681aca508684f2817.png

then you need to select all of the frames in your animation and click "Insert keyframes on the current frame "Screenshot_9.png.4e8b1990a7eb65512539e4192b87ef57.png

I think this should fix it, let me know if it works

Screenshotpng.png

55 minutes ago, Nevely42 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

climax.blend 5.14 MB · 1 download S4_7DF2169C_00000000_43F3438A94EDEB2B.xml 14.62 kB · 0 downloads WW_Nevely42_Animations.package 499.87 kB · 0 downloads

You moved the b_root from the cum rig. You shouldn't do that. 

If you reset axis from the root bone of the cum rig, you'll see that it does like what you see in game. So, reset axis from that bone, and move the root drip instead. However, you may have to redone all the thing (or you can use multiples constraints and shit but i don't recommend it if you are just starting).

Edited by Khlas
On 7/9/2022 at 10:38 PM, KatsuKitty said:

hey, can you send the new xml file you made , i can check it for you~

Hello! So sorry for the late response, I didn't have internet for a little while. I managed to get it working by redoing the xml from scratch, although I have no idea what the problem was with the original. Thank you for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, PrincessRabbi said:

Hello! I'm trying out the waving animation from the tutorial and I just landed on the xml tuning part and I'm stumped. I don't know what I'm supposed to enter and not enter. 

https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/139556/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file-4

All the answers you need are in turbodrivers tutorial here ^, i'd recommend using the commented template

Screenshot_2.png.b19db0179985a0d2744f79286aba0587.png