The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

13 hours ago, Redabyss93 said:

Good morning!
So I have completed my animation in Blender.

But when I try to import it in Sims4Studio, this error appears.

image.png.4ec72c4da43ab76bf43e0a92be6751bc.png

Here's how it looks in Blender. I have separated the woman from the man.

image.thumb.png.d4fba2d3dc1d2eb9be3fd7b759dac000.png

had this happen a few times before, either you forgot to bake your animation or your not using the right version of blender

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I would like to create animations and it shocks me to see to what extent the information is not easily accessible at all, which is why I am addressing you so that someone can help me, I am not yet create no animation.

I currently have 2 big problems

Spoiler

what could be the cause of the fact that I can no longer move my sim's joints correctly, especially the si. Is there a way to reactivate the simulation skeleton without having to exit and start all over again?

Capturedcran2024-02-09183330.png.9b3e7e1ad932eabc9ab5a118ecd425c3.png

I don't know what action I'm doing so that at some point I can no longer move the joints correctly, it's as if certain anchor points are missing!

Capturedcran2024-02-09193348.png.e2107aa00fc838af5e1809a17f625245.png

then as soon as I move my cursor without releasing it from top to bottom so that it lowers the arms once the key frame is confirmed when I try to select the arms again the joints no longer move freely

Capturedcran2024-02-09193431.png.d07c88cf68be022b9ef8ff6d3d7f8420.png

I have the impression that when the cursor of the three axes goes too low the problem occurs

Capturedcran2024-02-091934311.png.0dab9d5654ff0ae5ccf2337a56ccc4bd.png

pls !!!!?

Spoiler

My 2nd problem is that we need to keep the maximum to 60fps.
First of all, I don't know how many fps to separate my key images!
then the fact that we're at 60fps means that the animation is fast so I want to adjust my different phases with the graph editor but despite several videos I still haven't understood how to use it. 

I leave you my discord to contact me thank you

Capturedcran2024-02-09220523.png.fc0b656c997147c034625a571647cd0f.png

Hi everyone, I had been learning animation for quite some time and I nearly finished my first animation. Unfortunately I ran into this problem when I tried to put my animation into the game and it really pissed me up.

So I've followed TURBODRIVER's tutorial on how to create and import animation into the game. My animation in Blender worked as intended. I imported it into S4S then to S4PE without any problems. But for some reason when I tried to play it in the game it became like this

As you can see, for some reason my sims were flipped and the game somehow didn't play keyframes on the dark-skin sim's legs and arms, causing him to be stuck in this weird pose when his legs are stretched out and his arms are stuck in a rest position, also his butt part became distorted.

I honestly don't know what is causing this. I also had this problem a couple days ago, I searched for a solution for aged and then accidentally ran into this topic. Someone also had this same problem and a person below told them to remove the "control rig" (which I assumed is the "IK bones" cause I saw them also have IK bone in their mesh), so I removed all the IK bones, imported the animation in once again and ran into THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! I don't think the IK bones are the culprit here because the red hair sim also has IK bones in his arms. I removed them and it worked fine, only the dark-skin sim has this problem. So can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I have been stuck on this animation for a couple months now and I feel sick and tired with all of these problems keeping happening. I will attach my .blend file and my .package file below for anyone needed.

fk this game 2.blend DAManimation.package

On 2/12/2024 at 3:24 AM, D.A.M said:

Hi everyone, I had been learning animation for quite some time and I nearly finished my first animation. Unfortunately I ran into this problem when I tried to put my animation into the game and it really pissed me up.

So I've followed TURBODRIVER's tutorial on how to create and import animation into the game. My animation in Blender worked as intended. I imported it into S4S then to S4PE without any problems. But for some reason when I tried to play it in the game it became like this

As you can see, for some reason my sims were flipped and the game somehow didn't play keyframes on the dark-skin sim's legs and arms, causing him to be stuck in this weird pose when his legs are stretched out and his arms are stuck in a rest position, also his butt part became distorted.

I honestly don't know what is causing this. I also had this problem a couple days ago, I searched for a solution for aged and then accidentally ran into this topic. Someone also had this same problem and a person below told them to remove the "control rig" (which I assumed is the "IK bones" cause I saw them also have IK bone in their mesh), so I removed all the IK bones, imported the animation in once again and ran into THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! I don't think the IK bones are the culprit here because the red hair sim also has IK bones in his arms. I removed them and it worked fine, only the dark-skin sim has this problem. So can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I have been stuck on this animation for a couple months now and I feel sick and tired with all of these problems keeping happening. I will attach my .blend file and my .package file below for anyone needed.

fk this game 2.blend 6.92 MB · 1 download DAManimation.package 8.16 kB · 1 download

Hey! I took a look at your bot.blend file. Using the video as the perspective, the sim's right leg is angled to the left (towards the lights). Likewise, the left leg is angled in the opposite direction. The right leg should be angled to the right (and vice versa). This is why the bottom sim's anus is distorted. As for the control rig, this is in reference to a separate rig that is used to animate the sim's body. Take a look here: daggers-control-rigs-updated-by-simite. You make actions with the control rig, bake those actions to the actual rig, then delete the control rig before importing to S4S. I recommend downloading the rig and playing with it for a little while to get more acquainted.

As for your other issues, I can't really tell what the what's going on just from looking at the file. But I'll try to provide some help:

• When baking with "Only Selected Bones" on, make sure all bones are highlighted
    • This could be why your bottom sim lost some of its animation data
  • Keyframe all relevant bones at the start of an action
    • This may help give you more control and prevent the sims from being misplaced
On 2/9/2024 at 4:06 PM, ownle said:

Hello everyone, I would like to create animations and it shocks me to see to what extent the information is not easily accessible at all, which is why I am addressing you so that someone can help me, I am not yet create no animation.

I currently have 2 big problems

Reveal hidden contents

what could be the cause of the fact that I can no longer move my sim's joints correctly, especially the si. Is there a way to reactivate the simulation skeleton without having to exit and start all over again?

Capturedcran2024-02-09183330.png.9b3e7e1ad932eabc9ab5a118ecd425c3.png

I don't know what action I'm doing so that at some point I can no longer move the joints correctly, it's as if certain anchor points are missing!

Capturedcran2024-02-09193348.png.e2107aa00fc838af5e1809a17f625245.png

then as soon as I move my cursor without releasing it from top to bottom so that it lowers the arms once the key frame is confirmed when I try to select the arms again the joints no longer move freely

Capturedcran2024-02-09193431.png.d07c88cf68be022b9ef8ff6d3d7f8420.png

I have the impression that when the cursor of the three axes goes too low the problem occurs

Capturedcran2024-02-091934311.png.0dab9d5654ff0ae5ccf2337a56ccc4bd.png

pls !!!!?

Reveal hidden contents

My 2nd problem is that we need to keep the maximum to 60fps.
First of all, I don't know how many fps to separate my key images!
then the fact that we're at 60fps means that the animation is fast so I want to adjust my different phases with the graph editor but despite several videos I still haven't understood how to use it. 

I leave you my discord to contact me thank you

Capturedcran2024-02-09220523.png.fc0b656c997147c034625a571647cd0f.png

1. If I am understanding this correctly, you're asking why the hand does not stretch as far you want and it stops on its own? Well, that is the intended effect. Think about your own anatomy for instance. Your arms don't stretch or detach from your shoulder if you try to touch your toes without bending over. If you want the arms to gain more reach, so to speak, you'll need to animate the sim's upper body too. Imagine yourself trying to reach for something on the other side of the couch. Naturally, you would move your upper body whilst stretching your arm out to grab the object
    • I know that's a lot but I hope it helps you understand why the hand stops following your cursor. In a way, there IS an anchor that prevents the hand from moving too far
  2. In blender 60 fps means that you'll be playing 60 frames every second. So if you have an animation that last for 60 frames, it will play in 1 second. Likewise, an animation with 240 frames would play in 4 seconds. To change your frame rate in blender, go to the Output Properties (the icon looks like a printer), look in the Format section, and change the Frame Rate option to something like 30 FPS.

I have a question I'm hoping someone could provide some insight on. I want to create a prop with its own custom rig have it be used by WW. But I can't seem to get this process to work. I can get the object into the game but its not rigged at all. My end goal is to create a prop like Cherry_Pie's cum mesh; one that is completely rigged and fully functional with WW animations. If anyone can provide some resources or advice on how to go about this, I would greatly appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Mia Moore X said:

I have a question I'm hoping someone could provide some insight on. I want to create a prop with its own custom rig have it be used by WW. But I can't seem to get this process to work. I can get the object into the game but its not rigged at all. My end goal is to create a prop like Cherry_Pie's cum mesh; one that is completely rigged and fully functional with WW animations. If anyone can provide some resources or advice on how to go about this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Go to page 49, there is a link to a tutorial and they answer some questions that you are probably going to have.

Hello, I've ran into an issue where my characters tremble when the animation is played in-game, but not in Blender. How can I fix this? Do let me know if there's additional info needed. Thank you!

Location: Hottub, but I didn't port clip animation for object since I didn't use it

More info: I tried to troubleshoot, for some reason both female and male rigs are affected by this after exporting into clips, and it's not location dependent for it to happen (tried to swap the location to floor via XML and it still happened). Even when I separated the rig, the shaking also happens individually so I guess something went wrong with the exporting progress, though I have checked tick speed and made sure I baked everything properly. This is really bugging me @@

Edited by AmateurHour47

Hey! I tried to get my first animation to the game, but an error occurs when I try to import the XML to SimsStudio. Its the last step of the WW tutorial.

The Sims 4 Studio - Version 3.1.6.3
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei S4Studio.ViewModels.Warehouse.WarehousePackageViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass96_0.<Find>b__0(WarehouseResourceViewModel x)
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   bei S4Studio.ViewModels.Warehouse.WarehousePackageViewModel.Find(IResourceKey key)
   bei S4Studio.ViewModels.Warehouse.WarehousePackageViewModel.BatchImport(IEnumerable`1 filepaths)

Maybe someone can tell me what that means? 

Greetings!

On 2/15/2024 at 9:44 AM, AmateurHour47 said:

Hello, I've ran into an issue where my characters tremble when the animation is played in-game, but not in Blender. How can I fix this? Do let me know if there's additional info needed. Thank you!

Location: Hottub, but I didn't port clip animation for object since I didn't use it

More info: I tried to troubleshoot, for some reason both female and male rigs are affected by this after exporting into clips, and it's not location dependent for it to happen (tried to swap the location to floor via XML and it still happened). Even when I separated the rig, the shaking also happens individually so I guess something went wrong with the exporting progress, though I have checked tick speed and made sure I baked everything properly. This is really bugging me @@

I have attached the baked .blend if it helps 

hottub_layThighJ_female.blend 5.43 MB · 0 downloads hottub_layThighJ_male.blend 4.86 MB · 0 downloads

This problem happens to everyone, I don't really know why it happens, but it happens to all animators, apparently this problem occurs when the Sim moves too far from the ROOT or the center, this is why almost all animations are a constant loop in the same place.. so if you move the characters too far from the center this will happen, there are ways to make it less noticeable, but it will still happen.

20 minutes ago, Swee3 said:

This problem happens to everyone, I don't really know why it happens, but it happens to all animators, apparently this problem occurs when the Sim moves too far from the ROOT or the center, this is why almost all animations are a constant loop in the same place.. so if you move the characters too far from the center this will happen, there are ways to make it less noticeable, but it will still happen.

Ah, I did position them to the corner of the hot tub, I guess that's a bit too far from the center? Can you please tell me what can I do to reduce the effect? Thanks!

Edited by AmateurHour47
6 hours ago, AmateurHour47 said:

Ah, I did position them to the corner of the hot tub, I guess that's a bit too far from the center? Can you please tell me what can I do to reduce the effect? Thanks!

I guess you will have to move the sims to the ROOT and move them with the XML

Edited by Swee3
On 2/16/2024 at 8:48 AM, Redabyss93 said:

Thank you! I didn't do these many steps so it could be very well the reason. I'll try it later.

Nothing... not working. The freaking cellphone just stays on the ground. But the rig is animated correctly in blender.

I suspect that it's just saving the movement but not the position. I tried to move around the rig of the cell and it executes the baked movement in any position in space I move it.

https://gifyu.com/image/SFM7k

Edited by Redabyss93
On 2/14/2024 at 3:31 PM, Mia Moore X said:

Hey! I took a look at your bot.blend file. Using the video as the perspective, the sim's right leg is angled to the left (towards the lights). Likewise, the left leg is angled in the opposite direction. The right leg should be angled to the right (and vice versa). This is why the bottom sim's anus is distorted. As for the control rig, this is in reference to a separate rig that is used to animate the sim's body. Take a look here: daggers-control-rigs-updated-by-simite. You make actions with the control rig, bake those actions to the actual rig, then delete the control rig before importing to S4S. I recommend downloading the rig and playing with it for a little while to get more acquainted.

As for your other issues, I can't really tell what the what's going on just from looking at the file. But I'll try to provide some help:

• When baking with "Only Selected Bones" on, make sure all bones are highlighted
    • This could be why your bottom sim lost some of its animation data
  • Keyframe all relevant bones at the start of an action
    • This may help give you more control and prevent the sims from being misplaced

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply! So I tried baking the animation like you said, but I ran into another issue where one sim legs bent toward his head like this  

Also the dark-skin sim was still in the wrong position and turned upside down like this. I tried fixing his position by rotating the b_ROOT bone but most of the time he would just sink into the ground. I haven't tried moving the b_ROOT bone yet but the first time I imported this animation into the game, the b_ROOT bone was somehow in the wrong place and it messed up my animation, so I spent a lot of time moving that bone to the default location and I don't think I will use that method to fix my sim's position.

About the distorted anus problem, I don't really know how to fix it because it looks completely normal in Blender. Here is how my animation looks in Blender  

I think I should mention that I made some adjustments to the pelvis bone because I want to move the crotch area without moving the entire lower half of the body. I cleared the parent between the pelvis bone and leg bones, adjusted the weight paint of the crotch and butt area. And after I ran into this problem, I parented the legs bones with the b_ROOT_bind bone. Maybe this cause the anus to distort, i think. Here I will attach the .blend file that I have baked. I hope this information can help you identify what is wrong with my animation. Thank you very much!

fk this game 3.blend

1 hour ago, Redabyss93 said:

Nothing... not working. The freaking cellphone just stays on the ground. But the rig is animated correctly in blender.

I suspect that it's just saving the movement but not the position. I tried to move around the rig of the cell and it executes the baked movement in any position in space I move it.

https://gifyu.com/image/SFM7k

Perhaps this can help? https://sims4studio.com/thread/28460/problem-prop-animation Though I'm not quite sure how to do the 'adding as accessory' process @@

Edited by AmateurHour47
On 2/16/2024 at 4:48 AM, Redabyss93 said:

Thank you! I didn't do these many steps so it could be very well the reason. I'll try it later.

After doing what the video shows you have to bake the animation and remove the constraints. 

6 hours ago, AmateurHour47 said:

image.png.ad0ef1ee09694599a49a870dc2caffb2.png
as in these C_ROOTs need to be back on original position and I edit them via the xml coordination settings?

Yes, it should work (or so I think 🤣)

42 minutes ago, Swee3 said:

After doing what the video shows you have to bake the animation and remove the constraints. 

Yes, it should work (or so I think 🤣)

I think I already did. I went in Pose - Baking and it added the frames to the rig. It is indeed moving in game, but the freaking phone is at the feet of the models.

Nothing works. 
Here's what I do step by step... I hope I can finally fix it. The issue is, the animation itself plays out but the cellphone's position and rotation isn't saved.

Spoiler

This is what I do step by step:

- Append Phone's Object folder contents

image.thumb.png.c2cc63f1acfad85fcd79e77971bd8505.png

- Select mesh, mesh1 and rig 

image.thumb.png.1675a8385fb98de846a65918ea265ae6.png

- Move them next to woman's hand

image.thumb.png.fbbdf5911aad8c7d6bc279f7a4eb97ba.png

- Select rig, pose, save with clicking I

image.thumb.png.47c802d566ea94854d249de6e983cb5c.png

- Rinse and repeat

image.png.025e2ba214752632e8e59b624d34e517.png

- Bake

image.thumb.png.28adb66bf44f37978ed8ff74ee4c871f.png

image.thumb.png.df18d1d1fbe057d1e8f26c296f3dd3f4.png

- Remove everything except rig, then save

image.thumb.png.d66298f3c739d7b419aa23a1c363c28b.png

- Go in Sims4studio and import

image.png.4e2e53d3232494a5966002b917dee7ee.png

Ok for anybody who happens to have the same issue as me: I resolved it.

Issue: the prop is animated (moves), but stays at floor/ground level (Blender hasn't registered its position in space).

Here's the solution:

Basically to sum it up if you don't deselect mesh and select the rig, you may end up moving just a dot that influences just the movement but not the position of the object. 

Instead via deselecting, you get the correct rig and the difference to be noted is that, by moving the correct rig, you'll see the mesh as well moving (without selecting it). I don't know how it works honestly but I guess I was only animating the "animation bone", whatever that means.

To sum it up enable deselect filter, deselect the mesh and be sure, when selecting the rig to animate, that the mesh moves visually as well. If it doesn't, you will create a movement for the prop, but it won't register the position in space when baking.

Edited by Redabyss93
10 hours ago, Redabyss93 said:

Nothing works. 
Here's what I do step by step... I hope I can finally fix it. The issue is, the animation itself plays out but the cellphone's position and rotation isn't saved.

Hide contents

This is what I do step by step:

- Append Phone's Object folder contents

image.thumb.png.c2cc63f1acfad85fcd79e77971bd8505.png

- Select mesh, mesh1 and rig 

image.thumb.png.1675a8385fb98de846a65918ea265ae6.png

- Move them next to woman's hand

image.thumb.png.fbbdf5911aad8c7d6bc279f7a4eb97ba.png

- Select rig, pose, save with clicking I

image.thumb.png.47c802d566ea94854d249de6e983cb5c.png

- Rinse and repeat

image.png.025e2ba214752632e8e59b624d34e517.png

- Bake

image.thumb.png.28adb66bf44f37978ed8ff74ee4c871f.png

image.thumb.png.df18d1d1fbe057d1e8f26c296f3dd3f4.png

- Remove everything except rig, then save

image.thumb.png.d66298f3c739d7b419aa23a1c363c28b.png

- Go in Sims4studio and import

image.png.4e2e53d3232494a5966002b917dee7ee.png

I think maybe its because your moving the meshes instead of just the rig, you should only be moving the transform bone of the props rig and never the actual mesh, and secondly the step where you said you remove everything except the rig isn't necessary, you don't need to remove everything except the rig in your blend file, i've never done that and it works just fine for me,  let me know if this helped, 

25 minutes ago, Redabyss93 said:

Ok for anybody who happens to have the same issue as me: I resolved it.

Here's the solution:

Basically to sum it up if you don't deselect mesh and select the rig, you may end up moving just a dot that influences just the movement but not the position of the object. 

Instead via deselecting, you get the correct rig and the difference to be noted is that, by moving the correct rig, you'll see the mesh as well moving (without selecting it). I don't know how it works honestly but I guess I was only animating the "animation bone", whatever that means.

To sum it up enable deselect filter, deselect the mesh and be sure, when selecting the rig to animate, that the mesh moves visually as well. If it doesn't, you will create a movement for the prop, but it won't register the position in space when baking.

nvm ignore my reply looks like you figured it out lol