The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and trying to get my animation to work in-game (like a lot of people in this topic). I've scoured the forum and olders topics, redid my package and XML a couple of times but it won't appear. I'm sure the problem is very basic and I'll royally facepalm myself in the near future. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What would be the best way to share my XML and package?

14 hours ago, DreamCores said:

What would be the best way to share my XML and package?

You can just attach them in the post.

As for the problem, as you can see from the posts above it matters which version of Blender and Studio you used.

Edited by wild_guy
24 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

You can just attach them in the post.

As for the problem, as you can see from the posts above it matters which version of Blender and Studio you used.

Thank you for your reply wild_guy! O I see it now, maybe I was not allowed to attach files to my post because of my post count.
I used Blender 3.3 and Studio 3.2.1.2 Star. 

DC_SheWantsIt_Missionary.package S4_7DF2169C_00000000_97B8A30A25779458.xml

@DreamCores The mistake is in the XML. If you open the package in Studio it even tells you where exactly.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Each tag must be closed and you have the very first <I> and <L> tags not closed, i.e. you lost the end of the tuning

Spoiler

image.jpeg

P.S. Also you don't need to set "animation_pref_gender" value unless you set "animation_genders" to BOTH.

DC_SheWantsIt_Missionary.package S4_7DF2169C_00000000_97B8A30A25779458.xml

18 hours ago, wild_guy said:

@DreamCores The mistake is in the XML. If you open the package in Studio it even tells you where exactly.

Hide contents

image.jpeg

Each tag must be closed and you have the very first <I> and <L> tags not closed, i.e. you lost the end of the tuning

Hide contents

image.jpeg

P.S. Also you don't need to set "animation_pref_gender" value unless you set "animation_genders" to BOTH.

DC_SheWantsIt_Missionary.package 67.51 kB · 0 downloads   S4_7DF2169C_00000000_97B8A30A25779458.xml 9.5 kB · 0 downloads

I see! Thank you for taking the time to explain it so clearly

Hi fellow animators, I'm very new with creating animations using Blender 3.3, and I don't know how to bake all the action/keyframes that i made with the rig control into the Ea rig properly, am i missing a key shortcut or features?. When i played the animation in game, they just went T-Posing. Any tips & help would be appreciated! 

image.png.f6c0623f51a5c659416933eba6eddbf6.png

Here's my animation file.

Test_Scene.blend

14 hours ago, wild_guy said:

@SQWERTY... you need to bake not the control rigs, but the main ones, rig male, rig female. You can find more details here.

Thank you for replying wild_guy!. But when i try to bake the main female rigs, i can't change the Main Rigs Object mode into a Pose Mode, there's no option to change it into pose mode.

Screenshot2023-12-19111122.png.a606207c015737a31ac4ca8b81c183af.png

Edited by SQWERTY...
6 hours ago, SQWERTY... said:

Thank you for replying wild_guy!. But when i try to bake the main female rigs, i can't change the Main Rigs Object mode into a Pose Mode, there's no option to change it into pose mode.

Is that rig enabled in viewports? You cannot switch the mode and operate with its bones if it's hidden (eye icon) or disabled (TV icon)

image.jpeg

You can select the necessary filters here

image.jpeg

Edited by wild_guy
1 hour ago, wild_guy said:

Is that rig enabled in viewports? You cannot switch the mode and operate with its bones if it's hidden (eye icon) or disabled (TV icon)

image.jpeg

You can select the necessary filters here

image.jpeg

Ahh okay that explains a lot, thank You!. all this time the Rig was not enabled in Viewports. I already bake the main male rigs correctly.

But now i'm missing Female Main Rigs in the Keyframes bar, it also prevent me to to make a new keyframe.Screenshot2023-12-19191712.png.75074fe917d758d922ff219becab84a5.png

47 minutes ago, SQWERTY... said:

But now i'm missing Female Main Rigs in the Keyframes bar, it also prevent me to to make a new keyframe.

You should use control rigs to animate, main rigs are only for baking and saving as a result. Everything is the same as for male as for female.

Edited by wild_guy
31 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

You should use control rigs to animate, main rigs are only for baking and saving as a result. Everything is the same as for male as for female.

Yes, i did animate them all using the control rigs. I already baked the male rig and deleted the male control rig. But now i'm unable to bake the Female Main Rigs because it's missing from the keyframe bar, only the female control rigs that appears in the keyframe bar..  ._.

Screenshot2023-12-19204244.png.2efae0cbf5965827163be46b95aa94e0.png

Edited by SQWERTY...
11 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

It should not be there because you didn't animate that rig. Just select it in the outliner window and bake, then keyframes will appear.

I'm really sorry ,i still couldn't bake it ?

I already clicked on the female rig from the outliner window and try to bake it, then it said "nothing to bake".

Screenshot2023-12-19220445.png.901a8e281779830ef5a3df2810cf0cc9.pngScreenshot2023-12-19220435.jpg.de6809e0794070e297be74e701fdff26.jpg

Can you please show me in picture or video how to bake my rig properly? ?

Test_Scene .blend

1 hour ago, SQWERTY... said:

I already clicked on the female rig from the outliner window and try to bake it, then it said "nothing to bake".

Enable Selectable filter and enable selection for rig female

image.jpeg

Then select any bone of this rig in the 3d view and deselect it back. After that you will be able to bake.

9 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Enable Selectable filter and enable selection for rig female

image.jpeg

Then select any bone of this rig in the 3d view and deselect it back. After that you will be able to bake.

ahh now i get it, thank you so much !! ?

But i'm having a problem with the in game animation speed just like this user. The in game animation is faster compared to the blender animation..

6 hours ago, SQWERTY... said:

The in game animation is faster compared to the blender animation

Never faced this. When you imported clips in Sims4Studio, did you have the correct TrickLength value? It must be 0.033333335, as is default. And fps in Blender must be 30. Also check other parameters in Studio like TrickCount and Duration.

Edited by wild_guy
18 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Never faced this. When you imported clips in Sims4Studio, did you have the correct TrickLength value? It must be 0.033333335, as is default. And fps in Blender must be 30. Also check other parameters in Studio like TrickCount and Duration.

Ow i found the problem, the Duration doesn't match the TickCount, now it's working properly.

Thank You so much for helping me wild_guy! ??

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all. Happy New Year to everyone who lurks here! I've vowed to get better at animating this year and, to that end, I have a few questions on how to do certain things.

1. I've seen some animations that have a "squirting animation". How would I go about adding that effect to my own animations?

2. How do you add accessories and handheld objects (dildos, vibrators, etc), and how do you get them to stick in position in the users hands?

3. Can anyone recommend a decent "sucking" sound to use for animations? I used to use the baby bottle sucking sound, but I swear to God it has changed as of late and is almost inaudible now.

Cheers!

On 1/10/2024 at 10:03 AM, Nelandros said:

Evening all. Happy New Year to everyone who lurks here! I've vowed to get better at animating this year and, to that end, I have a few questions on how to do certain things.

1. I've seen some animations that have a "squirting animation". How would I go about adding that effect to my own animations?

2. How do you add accessories and handheld objects (dildos, vibrators, etc), and how do you get them to stick in position in the users hands?

3. Can anyone recommend a decent "sucking" sound to use for animations? I used to use the baby bottle sucking sound, but I swear to God it has changed as of late and is almost inaudible now.

Cheers!

1. look at any creators file who has a squirting effect that youd like to use in your animation, copy the effect name under the "animation_events_list" part if the xml and paste it into your own xml

2. To add accessories /props into blender, if its a custom content prop, download the prop first then copy and paste that cc file into your s4s mod folder and also make sure its in your normal sims 4 mods folder, then open us sims4studio under object click create 3d mesh then in the top tabs, where it says content click custom, the cc object you downloaded should be there and you can download the object and append it to your blend file

Screenshot2024-01-11115345.png.f1da5bd957065d5e1dac7bc1fae4d716.png

open blender and go to file > append

Screenshot2024-01-11115559.png.41fa89316c0b2e098aef493be615f9da.png

to get the prop to follow the hands there are plenty of short to the point tutorials on youtube you can watch about parenting objects but heres  aquick  summary of the steps you need to do:

4. as for the sucking sound im not too sure, since i also use the baby bottle sucking sound, maybe someone else can help with that

Edited by KatsuKitty
  • 2 weeks later...