The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

Never ever move to orange dot. Ever :-) Root bone is fine to use I think

If they are still not aligned, check to see that all offset # in your xml are 0

Yeah, I checked the XML file already cuz I saw that there were some options for y-axis offsetting. Those are all at zero (altho would there ever be a reason to change that?).

Should the orange dot be in the same place for all three actors? I don't think I moved it, but the orange dot for my female rig is in a different spot than the 2 male rigs I have. Specifically, it's a bit further back towards the foot of the double bed. The 2 dots for my male rigs are in the same exact spot as each other, and their placements in game are fine other than the fact that they wiggle more in game than they do in blender for some reason. Well, ONE of them I know the reason (i deleted an IK by mistake when i was separating each rig >_<). If all 3 orange dots should be in the same spot, then I very well could've moved it by mistake.

EDIT: I really don't think I moved that orange dot tho. But if I did, I don't know how I could have. If I try to move it, the orange dot stays there and I end up pulling a little white dot out of it (if that makes any sense).

Then there is no reason for the actor to be out of place.

I could take a look at you file if you wanted to pm it to me. 

I promise not to copy you idea. 

It's cool. I was actually gonna ask if I could send my progress to someone who's willing to take a look at it directly (i trust all the regulars here  :D), I just didn't really wanna impose, u kno?

So thanks, Azmodan! I'll gladly send my stuff your way! I'm gonna re-export the animations right now to fix that missing IK for the one male actor (basically redo all the steps) and I'll see if the placement issue gets fixed by the end of it. If it doesn't, I'll send the files to you thru PM for you to check out in more detail.

Guest Redabyss

I have some questions, since I'm probably gonna complete one or more animations for custom place.

- When saving the rigs to import in Blender, do I need to delete the object in Blender?

- How do I get the ID of the custom location?

That'll be all :)

Edit: additional question. So I have the wrong fish tank, I want to use the big one. But when saving in Sims4Studio, the object get saved as package, and not a Blender file :/

I have some questions, since I'm probably gonna complete one or more animations for custom place.

- When saving the rigs to import in Blender, do I need to delete the object in Blender?

Edit: additional question. So I have the wrong fish tank, I want to use the big one. But when saving in Sims4Studio, the object get saved as package, and not a Blender file :/

for your additional question, once you've selected the object you want to use, save the package file just anywhere, you won't need it. After you've done that, you'll see this page (see attached image) post-1317150-0-53451500-1486848993_thumb.png

Go to the meshes tab, and click on 'export mesh'

The exported mesh will be your blend file.

As for you first two questions. I'm not sure I understand what you mean in question 1.

As for question 2, I found info in this tutorial from Turbodriver

http://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/147746195146/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file

> 4.8. Variable 'animation_custom_locations’ is a list of WWIDs that animation can be used at. Location WWIDs are separated by commas. This field is optional!

To recognise what location type an object is, enable debug functions using a command 'wickedwoohoo.enabledebug’ and click on objects to display their data. You’re looking for WWID value.

Guest Redabyss

for your additional question, once you've selected the object you want to use, save the package file just anywhere, you won't need it. After you've done that, you'll see this page (see attached image) attachicon.gifs4seg.png

Go to the meshes tab, and click on 'export mesh'

The exported mesh will be your blend file.

As for you first two questions. I'm not sure I understand what you mean in question 1.

As for question 2, I found info in this tutorial from Turbodriver

http://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/147746195146/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file

> 4.8. Variable 'animation_custom_locations’ is a list of WWIDs that animation can be used at. Location WWIDs are separated by commas. This field is optional!

To recognise what location type an object is, enable debug functions using a command 'wickedwoohoo.enabledebug’ and click on objects to display their data. You’re looking for WWID value.

Thank you very much for you help! :)

Anyway, for question n.1 I meant that, once we're done creating the animation in Blender, we have to save the female animation and the male animation separately, but do we also need to delete the object we're using in Blender as well?

Guest Redabyss

So I completed the animations in Blender, but there's a weird thing, which I dunno if I should keep or delete.

EDIT: forgot, also what about the "rig" thing above "rig female"?

post-1326409-0-88185600-1486935542_thumb.png

You dont.

If you make the animation available for all the sofas, some of them have different back sizes. So the there will be clipping if you use that part.

The default animation don't interact with the back of the sofa. They only "interact" with where the sims sit, and that is the same for all sofas. 

The safest thing you can do with sofas is to avoid thos part that are not the same with all sofas. 

I'm so very new to this, but I thought I'd give it a try as I wanted more M/M interactions and just a titch sweeter goings on in animations. : D

Here's what I've started (it's not very good at all right now, but I'm working on it ; ) ):

tumblr_olhru8HESI1vj0j2oo1_540.gif

tumblr_olhru8HESI1vj0j2oo2_540.gif

Same animation, just different angles. : )

But yeah, I just wanted to share. I admire so much how many well made animations there are (you guys, gals, and everyone in between are just amazing, really and truly ❤), and I wanted to give it a shot. This is just a bit of a side project, so I don't know when I'll have this one up and running; but it'll be fun to work on. UwU

Until then, ta ta for now. ❤❤❤

Guest Redabyss

I'm so very new to this, but I thought I'd give it a try as I wanted more M/M interactions and just a titch sweeter goings on in animations. : D

Here's what I've started (it's not very good at all right now, but I'm working on it ; ) ):

Hey! Pretty good job so far and thanks for doing animations! :) Any help you can ask any of us. Happy animating!

Hi guys. Im a new animator and have gained a new found intrest in creating animations for the sims.

I tried creating my first animation file but when i use the package editor i only pick up the clip file and not the clip headers in the package file to save in another folder to build the animation. What could be causing this?

Hi guys. Im a new animator and have gained a new found intrest in creating animations for the sims.

I tried creating my first animation file but when i use the package editor i only pick up the clip file and not the clip header file, as per the tutorial to export and use to build the new package

Guest Redabyss

I tried creating my first animation file but when i use the package editor i only pick up the clip file and not the clip headers in the package file to save in another folder to build the animation. What could be causing this?

I tried creating my first animation file but when i use the package editor i only pick up the clip file and not the clip header file, as per the tutorial to export and use to build the new package

That's very strange. You sure you did the right passages?

Once you completed the Blender animation, you need to save TWO new Blender files: one for the male rig, and one for the female.

Be sure to delete the other rig, INCLUDING feet, head, etc.

Once you're done with this, you need to import the two Blender files in Sims4Studio, save them, then extract the CLIP and clip headers (CHLD something), from the package, via s4pe, for a total of four.

Iv done both and made sure to delete the male rig and all its components for the the female and vice versa but after exporting using sims 4 studio and opening with s4pe the chld files is missing and not part of the export (but those filea do appear in the sims 4 studio)

Iv done it a couple times using turbodrivers tutorial but the same thing keeps happening when it comes to extracting the chld files are missing

Once you completed the Blender animation, you need to save TWO new Blender files: one for the male rig, and one for the female.

Once you're done with this, you need to import the two Blender files in Sims4Studio, save them, then extract the CLIP and clip headers (CHLD something), from the package, via s4pe, for a total of four.

Iv done both and made sure to delete the male rig and all its components for the the female and vice versa but after exporting using sims 4 studio and opening with s4pe the chld files is missing and not part of the export (but those filea do appear in the sims 4 studio)

Iv done it a couple times using turbodrivers tutorial but the same thing keeps happening when it comes to extracting, the chld files are missing

Guest Redabyss

Iv done it a couple times using turbodrivers tutorial but the same thing keeps happening when it comes to extracting, the chld files are missing

Maybe you have an older version of Sims 4 Studio?