The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

i am doing my first test animation.so i have the package file created by sim4studio after i have finisched the bled.so now i have to put in mod folder and work or what? or there is a way to create new dialogue option called for example test animation where inside i can select my animation without putting they inside wicked whims?

Guest Redabyss

i am doing my first test animation.so i have the package file created by sim4studio after i have finisched the bled.so now i have to put in mod folder and work or what? or there is a way to create new dialogue option called for example test animation where inside i can select my animation without putting they inside wicked whims?

Hey man, I just told you that you have to follow every passages on the tutorial :D you have to do them, because otherwise WIckedWhims (the mod) won't recognize the package as a part of itself!

Hey man, I just told you that you have to follow every passages on the tutorial :D you have to do them, because otherwise WIckedWhims (the mod) won't recognize the package as a part of itself!

yes but i want create something external for example not related to wickedwhims how i can do?i want that appear an option called for exmple my animation andh the i select with one to play

yes but i want create something external for example not related to wickedwhims how i can do?i want that appear an option called for exmple my animation andh the i select with one to play

If you want that, i recommend that you learn how to code. Because it sounds like what you want is a whole new mod. Or something else.

If you want that, i recommend that you learn how to code. Because it sounds like what you want is a whole new mod. Or something else.

i mean..there is a way to play a generic animation i create in the game?

Hi!

I'm just trying to create my first animation and could use some help:

I started an animation containing 2 actors, and while the animation plays correctly, the second actor seems to be rotated... Positioning of the first is correct, but the second one seems to hover above, facing upwards:

89de3a87089883dd87e97f1fbf336da7.png

BTW: Tried

<T n="animation_facing_offset">90</T>

here, but it just changed the angle the actor is facing...

35ed672f0b3e99892ecae688950e19b4.png

EDIT: Should mention that i followed the tutorial and separated the file into 2 animations, but the actors seem to be correctly placed in each file.

Any clues on how to resolve this? 

Thanks!

Guest Redabyss

Hey guys!
So I created a new animation, but how do I add it to my package? Do I just have to add the CLIP and the CLHD files to my package, as well as manually adding the infos to the already existing XML? Thanks :)

Hey guys!

So I created a new animation, but how do I add it to my package? Do I just have to add the CLIP and the CLHD files to my package, as well as manually adding the infos to the already existing XML? Thanks :)

I haven't done too many animations, so I might not know too well, but that is pretty much what you have to do. Run your XML file through an XML Validator to make sure you've done it right.

Guest Redabyss

Hey guys!

I haven't done too many animations, so I might not know too well, but that is pretty much what you have to do. Run your XML file through an XML Validator to make sure you've done it right.

Appreciated! There's a small problem though.

<T n="animation_display_name">0xEE4ABFEA</T> <!-- STBL Hex for displayed animation name -->

So do I have to re-do the STBL for the new animation?

Or do I just have to copy the code in the attached image?

post-1326409-0-97736300-1486377192_thumb.png

Hey guys!

Appreciated! There's a small problem though.

<T n="animation_display_name">0xEE4ABFEA</T> <!-- STBL Hex for displayed animation name -->

So do I have to re-do the STBL for the new animation?

Or do I just have to copy the code in the attached image?

STBL is a list of all the names. You open your STBL file with DP STBL Editor and add new names. Just as it is explained in the tutorials.

post-536691-0-83014800-1486377661_thumb.png

Guest Redabyss

Oh I see. But how do I add that name to an already existing STBL? Do I have to edit it manually with Notepad?

Extract any of these STBL files from your package and edit it with DP STBL Editor. Then continue from point 3.4 from Creating WickedWhims Animations Package tutorial.

Thank you very much TD! :) I'll try tomorrow for sure!

Oh I see. But how do I add that name to an already existing STBL? Do I have to edit it manually with Notepad?

Extract any of these STBL files from your package and edit it with DP STBL Editor. Then continue from point 3.4 from Creating WickedWhims Animations Package tutorial.

Thank you very much TD! :) I'll try tomorrow for sure!

It actually a very delicate process.

Open any of your STBL with the editor, (you will see a list of all the names in them) then Left click on one and from the pop up menu choose (Insert Line). The click Generate and type your new name.

:D

Export to all languages and you are done. 

Ok, fresh new animator here looking to make her mark! But in order to do that, I'll admit, I'm gonna need some help. And lots of it. So... here I go!

I'm doing my best to follow Turbodriver's tutorial as closely as possible, but I've still got some questions regarding to XML coding aspect of it. Firstly, all the options that say "optional field" like stages and custom locations, do I have to delete the whole line if I'm not using it? Should I leave it alone? Is it easy enough to add it back in if I want to turn it into a staged animation in the future?

Also (since Redabyss was helping me with this earlier), this is what s4pe gives me for my clip name...

5EXYGAM3R:PosePack_201702090927264444_set_1

Is that what I plug in to the animation clip name section? And do I use that same one for the other actors or am I supposed to use the other clips where they end in set_2 and set_3?

Guest Redabyss

Ok, fresh new animator here looking to make her mark! But in order to do that, I'll admit, I'm gonna need some help. And lots of it. So... here I go!

I'm doing my best to follow Turbodriver's tutorial as closely as possible, but I've still got some questions regarding to XML coding aspect of it. Firstly, all the options that say "optional field" like stages and custom locations, do I have to delete the whole line if I'm not using it? Should I leave it alone? Is it easy enough to add it back in if I want to turn it into a staged animation in the future?

Also (since Redabyss was helping me with this earlier), this is what s4pe gives me for my clip name...

Is that what I plug in to the animation clip name section? And do I use that same one for the other actors or am I supposed to use the other clips where they end in set_2 and set_3?

If you're not using stages then yes, leave it alone for now. Same for custom locations if you're not using them.

And that's correct, you have to paste that line in the clip name section. Again that's for male if the first set you saved in Studio was for male, otherwise it's for the woman.

For the second actor, you have to paste the code of the other clip.

If you're not using stages then yes, leave it alone for now. Same for custom locations if you're not using them.

And that's correct, you have to paste that line in the clip name section. Again that's for male if the first set you saved in Studio was for male, otherwise it's for the woman.

For the second actor, you have to paste the code of the other clip.

Ok, so just leave those sections alone then. Got it.

I think I might be done with all the coding for now so ,I think I'm ready to import and test. When I import the XML file, it brings up the resource details window. Should I do anything there? Check any boxes? Add any names? Or just leave it as is and import it like that? The tutorial doesn't specify, it just says to import it.

Guest Redabyss

Ok, so just leave those sections alone then. Got it.

I think I might be done with all the coding for now so ,I think I'm ready to import and test. When I import the XML file, it brings up the resource details window. Should I do anything there? Check any boxes? Add any names? Or just leave it as is and import it like that? The tutorial doesn't specify, it just says to import it.

And that's right. Just import it :) importing means you add a file to the whole package to build it, like bricks to an house.

Welp, it's all imported and it ran in the game, but (as I expected) there were some problems with it. Let me give some details on this so you can hopefully understand the situation better...

So first of all, as I've already told Redabyss, I decided to jump into this gam3 on hard mode by starting with an MFM 3-some animation (yea i know, i prolly shoulda started with something a little simpler but oh well). All the actors are there and working, but for some reason the female actor isn't aligned anymore despite being perfectly aligned in blender. She's scooted way up on the bed instead of lower where I originally positioned her. Also the two males have a little bit of hip thrusting in the blender animation, but in game they're whole bodies seem to wiggle more than they do in blender. I'm wondering if it's because I used the root bone as the hip movement, but would that really screw up how it works in game?

Welp, it's all imported and it ran in the game, but (as I expected) there were some problems with it. Let me give some details on this so you can hopefully understand the situation better...

So first of all, as I've already told Redabyss, I decided to jump into this gam3 on hard mode by starting with an MFM 3-some animation (yea i know, i prolly shoulda started with something a little simpler but oh well). All the actors are there and working, but for some reason the female actor isn't aligned anymore despite being perfectly aligned in blender. She's scooted way up on the bed instead of lower where I originally positioned her. Also the two males have a little bit of hip thrusting in the blender animation, but in game they're whole bodies seem to wiggle more than they do in blender. I'm wondering if it's because I used the root bone as the hip movement, but would that really screw up how it works in game?

Never ever move to orange dot. Ever :-) Root bone is fine to use I think

If they are still not aligned, check to see that all offset # in your xml are 0