The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

I'm trying to create my own animations in blender. I understand all the basics of making the pose, I'm quite good at that now. I struggle with the animating. I understand creating the frames using LocRot etc. I want to know how to make an animation look natural? And also, how do I lock body parts such as feet, so they don't slide around on the floor? I'm practicing creating a female masturbation animation. She is stood by the side of a bed, with one leg on the bed, the other on her tiptoes. I have the fingers/ arms moving in and out. I wanted to make her thrust her pelvis back and forth a little but I can only move her pelvis back and forth which makes her entire lower half also move back and forth (legs,knees,feet) do you have any tips to help me make a realistic animation?

Thanks guys

Guest Redabyss

I'm trying to create my own animations in blender. I understand all the basics of making the pose, I'm quite good at that now. I struggle with the animating. I understand creating the frames using LocRot etc. I want to know how to make an animation look natural? And also, how do I lock body parts such as feet, so they don't slide around on the floor? I'm practicing creating a female masturbation animation. She is stood by the side of a bed, with one leg on the bed, the other on her tiptoes. I have the fingers/ arms moving in and out. I wanted to make her thrust her pelvis back and forth a little but I can only move her pelvis back and forth which makes her entire lower half also move back and forth (legs,knees,feet) do you have any tips to help me make a realistic animation?

Thanks guys

Sadly I don't think you can lock stuff. Just create two different frames in which, in the second one, you try to keep things as similiar as possible. Maybe someone more expert than me can help you better.

Thanks guys

Sadly I don't think you can lock stuff. Just create two different frames in which, in the second one, you try to keep things as similiar as possible. Maybe someone more expert than me can help you better.

So you mean I move the pelvis forward, and then move the legs and feet etc, all back to their original locations? Is there a ghost mode to allow me to view the previous frame? Thanks

I've moved the thighs back in frame 2 to where they started in frame 1 using 'G' to grab them. The pelvis now thrusts forwards and backwards without the lower body parts following. It's still far from realistic but it's a start. No doubt I'll be back on here with more questions before not too long  :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Redabyss

Here's the finished version of that. I added sounds and face movements and all that fun stuff. I'm trying to finish up the climax part now. Tell me what you think.

Also ignore the 2 other animations on there, those were just tests. I still need to clean up everything going on in the package.

Preview: https://my.mixtape.moe/xhxqot.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/laiwxa.package

Hey man, how are things going? :) Didn't hear of you lately!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the finished version of that. I added sounds and face movements and all that fun stuff. I'm trying to finish up the climax part now. Tell me what you think.

Also ignore the 2 other animations on there, those were just tests. I still need to clean up everything going on in the package.

Preview: https://my.mixtape.moe/xhxqot.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/laiwxa.package

Hey man, how are things going? :) Didn't hear of you lately!

AH I've been busy. Too many good video games out to play this year.

Maybe I'll get back to it when I finish persona 5

Guest zheur

Is anyone able to help give some critique on my animation? Its the first post on my tumblr since I*m kinda nooby at uploading animations... 

Something looks wrong but I dont really know what :(

http://meatisararepleasure.tumblr.com/

I don't know anything about animation but you can try using a reference maybe. Try imitating this for example:

16122926.gif

Is anyone able to help give some critique on my animation? Its the first post on my tumblr since I*m kinda nooby at uploading animations... 

I don't know anything about animation but you can try using a reference maybe. Try imitating this for example:

16122926.gif

Thanks! Right now I feel the body is too stiff and her legs need to move a bit more.

Guest zheur

16122926.gif

Thanks! Right now I feel the body is too stiff and her legs need to move a bit more.

You could also try changing her posture a bit (the way that she's standing). Make her look more into it. Take small steps and focus on perfecting the hand/arm motions first and work your way up from there.

Hi, 

Little question to animators accustomed to sims.

I plan to soon migrate on sims to continue dev animations.

I would like to continue as I do with advanced animobjects

But I do not know the limits of sims with this types of objects,

Can they contain between 1500 and 4000 frames each? This is usually what I use per stage.

Thx

Hi, 

Can they contain between 1500 and 4000 frames each? This is usually what I use per stage.

Thx

It would be awesome if you can over as your animations for skyrim are out of the box and unique. I wish I could answer but I would say try Mike24, TurboDriver or RedAbyss directly for a faster answer.

This is an area that I'm working on too :) The pose is nice, you just need to add some slight spine movements or twists and maybe a little bending of the knees to simulate the writhing aspect :)

Thanks! I was thinking the spine needs movement too. How do you make it move smoothly though? Often I find that inbetween frames the spine snaps back and forth like a slinky, like its too fast.

Hi, 

Thx

It would be awesome if you can over as your animations for skyrim are out of the box and unique. I wish I could answer but I would say try Mike24, TurboDriver or RedAbyss directly for a faster answer.

Yes it could be good, Skyrim is dying like all bethesda games. And there are fewer and fewer people.
But I hope the sims must allow me to exploit advanced objects, I evaluate the terrain for the moment.

And yes thanks, I will definitely contact one person or the other when I will grab things for good.

;)

This is an area that I'm working on too :) The pose is nice, you just need to add some slight spine movements or twists and maybe a little bending of the knees to simulate the writhing aspect :)

Thanks! I was thinking the spine needs movement too. How do you make it move smoothly though? Often I find that inbetween frames the spine snaps back and forth like a slinky, like its too fast.

You can try increasing the distance between frames, also at times you may have a conflicting movement between frames, if you find it on the timeline and zoom right in on the dope sheet you may see a rhombus hidden behind another which can cause snapping

You can try increasing the distance between frames, also at times you may have a conflicting movement between frames, if you find it on the timeline and zoom right in on the dope sheet you may see a rhombus hidden behind another which can cause snapping

Thanks for your imput Rlo! I realised I positioned the female rig first THEN animated it which caused snapping of her body. I now pose the model and  animate it at the same time to avoid slinky snapping.

Ok I finished one animation, I know it looks terrible and kinda stiff but I wonder if anyone has the time ( and patience!) to tell me what looks weird.

First post? And I really need to figure out how to upload mp4 files.

Thanks for your imput Rlo! I realised I positioned the female rig first THEN animated it which caused snapping of her body. I now pose the model and animate it at the same time to avoid slinky snapping.

Ok I finished one animation, I know it looks terrible and kinda stiff but I wonder if anyone has the time ( and patience!) to tell me what looks weird.

First post? And I really need to figure out how to upload mp4 files.

The dude is looking well done, the female is too but you need to have some movement in her shoulders,

As you have her clavicles forward, maybe try bringing them back as she's leaning in? Also try adding some slight movements to the elbows and wrists :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Redabyss

Ive been doing more animations recently but I have a huge problem. All my animations look very stiff and jerky, I try moving more bones but everything still looks like it jerks around too much, like it moves too slow and unnaturally.

Post a gif so that we can help you :)

Guest Redabyss

Here we go. ISo far I have 2 and while they technically are decent looking enough, m a total perfectionist so I really want to make these animations look professional before uploading them. Problem is her left hand and stiff body, I havent been able to mimic the storking motion you would use when rubbing something.

Here.

I think the problem is the pose is a bit innatural (the hand is too much twisted) and maybe the animation is too slow.

Try moving the keys "pelvis" and "spine" from frame to frame, so the whole body moves, giving the idea of a not still stance :)

Hey first of i just want to say that almost no one start uploading animations that look professional, i still dont. You will get better with each animation you do, and staying on one animation until it's perfect wont help. Because you will learn new things from each animation you do. That said, of course you want to finish your animation so im going to try give you some tips and tell you how i work.

First I make a simple loop, a loop that is the core of my animation, For the most part 3 key frames. If it looks ok, i'll add or move around keyframes to get a better flow. Because having all bones locked in the same keýframe makes them look stiff.

For example, i might make the pelvis and leg bones move a couple of frames after the rest of the body, giving it more flow. (This took me a long time to realize) I think the attached gif shows it alright. On both characters the pelvis and bellow move differently from the rest of the body.

If the upper body have keyframes at  0-10-20 , the pelvis and legs have at 3-13-23. Now this have created a more "advanced" loop.

I also make sure to only keep the locked in keyframes on bones that i actually use. Because later when i have looped the animation 40 times, i can creat things that dont loop with the original loop. Like arm movements, head movements or the mouth. Smaller details.

If i explained it well, i dont know, but i think you can try this, like using the wrist move a little independently from the rest of the arm. Making the motion a little more like a wave. 

post-1520696-0-30589300-1492944859_thumb.gif