The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

8 hours ago, doan77 said:

i tried to re-convert the .blend file using simsstudio, then i exported the clip and the clipheader and reimported them into my own WW file.

I still have a Tpose.  It's my first animation and it's a solo animation, so i only have one clip file, i can't import the wrong one.

Did you use custom rig with ik control? 

Like Nanashi rig by Flowersimfactory?

On 15.11.2017 at 10:43 PM, Redabyss said:

Very good job!
I would suggest to speed up the aniamtions (= reduce distance between one frame and the next), add some facial expressions, and add voices. These aren't bad.

EDIT: also careful. You named yourself "Artista De Bastardo" and "Artista De bastardo", this leads to have your name showed twice. Choose one and correct the XML :)

Good Idea, but as the animatio name states it's ment to be first stage STaGe1 ;P so they'll speed up towards the END...

The naming seems to be mistake, as I named the XML: Artista De bastardo, by accident and the Author: Artista De Bastardo, but as far as I see it only appears in WW initial message twice...

Also, as most of the animations are already Outdated not having breast bones most likely I'm moving into making completely new animations and leave these as they are...

About the next stage animation naming:

Is it just a random name you but up, or do you use some of the actual names of the animations? (like the hex in _KEY section in .package?)

12 hours ago, autobanned said:

i bake it, and tested in game, and it works perfectly,

i think you miss a step in bake 

i tried your version it's working in my game,

i tried rebaking it and i still got the tpose, i can't see what i'm doing wrong.

I'm using this tutorial, maybe there is a missing step ?

How to use.rtf.

Edited by doan77
15 minutes ago, doan77 said:

i tried rebaking it and i still got the tpose, i can't see what i'm doing wrong.

How to use.rtf.

yes, i bake it using that file too,

this is how i do it

first select the rig

1.jpg.391ec8f76af99b877decb0a79d816632.jpg

then select all while still in pose mode (you can press "a" twice to select all bone), it will mark the bone with light blue color

2.jpg.fe967a46a82a4ad1adfc35188968853b.jpg

now change to object mode (all bone still selected)

3.jpg.6a17160805a1f3f58b37c5e3695f86ea.jpg

after that, go to animation tab, and choose bake.

in bake option, dont forget to choose pose selected

4.jpg.e4283770af8dd49bcfce157a76149e23.jpg

Edited by autobanned
18 hours ago, doan77 said:

i don't mind any help.

twerk01.blend

Thank you for showing me the ways of Nanashi. I have seen god. And he/she is good.

---

Did you make sure to select pose & not object under the bake settings? Also, when I did it I unchecked the "only selected" option. I'm not sure that's the correct way to do it but that was the only way I got all the bones to show up in the Dope Sheet for the actual sim rig.

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, doan77 said:

How to use.rtf.

The animation looks good.

Edited by Zheur
1 hour ago, autobanned said:

58 minutes ago, craftyplumbob said:

thx all for the hlp, i found what i was doing worng, it work now

edit: i was selecting the control rig, and not the bones when baking.

34 minutes ago, Zheur said:

It's just a test for importing into the game, it need more more work but thx

Edited by doan77

Im lost with all those rigs, i don't know wich one i should use for animating.

Nanashi is easy to use, but there no tongue or animated penis.

Azmodan one is complete but less noob friendly.

I'm sure there are more around, wich one i should use ?

Edited by doan77

Hey I was wondering if someone could check something for me, I tried to do my first test animation and get it running in game with WW just to see what the whole process was and test if my animation is working/done correctly in game. etc. I managed to get the XML and such set up so that I can find the animation in game but when I run it the actor just stands still for the duration, my best guess is that I've not saved it correctly with blender but I'm not sure how :( I have attached the blender file in case that helps diagnose the problem. I can also give the package file if needed.

MaleSoloFloorGettingHardAP.blend

Hey, so I'm new here and to animating, I'm looking to make an animation with a woman using a strap-on on another woman, how would I go about that? Would I have to use the male rig and then change my settings so any gender can access any scene? Or is there a way I can do it so I don't have to do that, cause I prefer to have the sex gender locked so my sims don't just start randomly sucking off their strap-on lol.

On 11/26/2017 at 1:41 PM, UselessGaymer said:

Hey, so I'm new here and to animating, I'm looking to make an animation with a woman using a strap-on on another woman, how would I go about that? Would I have to use the male rig and then change my settings so any gender can access any scene? Or is there a way I can do it so I don't have to do that, cause I prefer to have the sex gender locked so my sims don't just start randomly sucking off their strap-on lol.

I'm new to animating also but I'm going to have a crack at helping you, I think if you use a male rig the animation will be slightly off cause women are a different shape, you need to use a female rig and then append the strap-on as the bottom of the rig, I could be wrong but I think this is how you want to go about creating that animation.

Quick couple of Questions for anyone who knows the answers; how do I get a wall to animate against in blender?

can I just create the 3D object in blender or do I need to import something sims4 specific?

I presume the wall would be on the X axis at location 0,0,0; but correct me if I'm wrong?

Also when animating with another 3D mesh like a dildo or pillory, do you keep the 3d mesh in the saved animation, or do you delete the mesh when the animation is ready and only use it for reference?

Edited by Simite
7 minutes ago, Simite said:

Quick couple of Questions for anyone who knows the answers; how do I get a wall to animate against in blender?

can I just create the 3D object in blender or do I need to import something sims4 specific?

I presume the wall would be on the X axis at location 0,0,0; but correct me if I'm wrong?

Also when animating with another 3D mesh like a dildo or pillory, do you keep the 3d mesh in the saved animation, or do you delete the mesh when the animation is ready and only use it for reference?

Before you start doing that you should know that there's no option for sims to woohoo against walls. Try using a window instead.

EDIT: Using animated objects is different depending on what it is. I'm not sure about the dildo since I haven't used it yet. But if you're planning on using place-able objects like the pillory having animations, you have to export the object's rig too. And before you move any of the bones in it, select all of them and create a keyframe. Then you can start animating everything.

Edited by Guest
16 minutes ago, craftyplumbob said:

Before you start doing that you should know that there's no option for sims to woohoo against walls. Try using a window instead.

EDIT: Using animated objects is different depending on what it is. I'm not sure about the dildo since I haven't used it yet. But if you're planning on using place-able objects like the pillory having animations, you have to export the object's rig too. And before you move any of the bones in it, select all of them and create a keyframe. Then you can start animating everything.

Ahh I see thank you, I will use a window instead!  

I didn't know I could animate the objects, this does sound like some interesting options for better animations though, I will have to see what I can do with it.

I was just going to keep the objects static but if I can animate them I'll definatly have to try doing it like that :) Thanks a bunch :D

28 minutes ago, Simite said:

Ahh I see thank you, I will use a window instead!  

I didn't know I could animate the objects, this does sound like some interesting options for better animations though, I will have to see what I can do with it.

I was just going to keep the objects static but if I can animate them I'll definatly have to try doing it like that :) Thanks a bunch :D

No problem. :grin:

25 minutes ago, craftyplumbob said:

No problem. :grin:

I'm having issues when I append a rig for an object, the only form of animation I seem to be able to do with any of them is rotate the root (which apart from a bit of force applied to the object theres not much I can do with it), I was thinking when you said it I would be able to open the pillory and have it fall closed on the sim, could you explain more of what you mean or link a video/picture that might help?

Also if I have the rig for object(not just the mesh) and a actor open, the actor rig falls apart, legs on ground other parts randomly twisted in the air, if I only load the mesh this doesn't happen. Not sure what causes this even when I deleted the other rig + mesh it didn't allow me to reset the origional male rig back to default even with keyframes saved, or using a - Alt+G, Alt+R.

its not a huge problem but I did kinda get excited at the possibility of not just appearing inside the pillory magically.