[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

On 2/1/2018 at 5:49 AM, chimiz said:

Confirmed. I'm using 0.0.0.2. 

The NoxDPA-TRAITS_text.csv has the following strings; 

In the segment about the tits. 

Dick localisations are fine.

Ass localisations are fine.

Ball localisations are there, but in all lower case (Ah, for English at least. I see the German is capitalized). 

I have uploaded all of my localisation into Google drive and shared them with @Abominus who is kindly providing the German translations.  I will work on getting them cleaned up and better organized so things like this don't slip through as often.  This is a fairly involved fix (because there are so many needing work), so no ETA at this time.

EDIT: With as many raw errors as there were in these files, I am surprised a lot of things worked at all.  It does go a bit of the way explaining some of the strange text results I could never understand why I got.

5 hours ago, noxbestia said:

I am 97% sure this isn't mine; however, it is possible I am missing something in mine that is triggering it.  A search for werewolves in my decisions folder only has 1 decision, which could have been the culpret except the AI is fitlered to self so it should be only player usable.  I'll keep my eye open for anything else that might be triggering it and I'll try to go through DW:R and see if I can find it there.

use_werewolf_bitch = {
		filter = realm
		ai_target_filter = self

Yep, you're right on this one. I checked around and all the hunting event, beside DWNight.1100, scope to the realm or tries to limit the range to a diplomatic range. My game's probably a bit broken then, since even though Fenris appeared, he never rose to power.

Do you happen to know how the player can gain the "alpha bitch" modifier?

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

Do you happen to know how the player can gain the "alpha bitch" modifier?

Originally you got it during the sex events with the captured werewolf.  Last I looked, those events have not yet been brought back into DW:R.  They do exist in DW:Toska.

In DW:R the only places I found that added that modifier were:

1. DWWerewolf.3100
  2. DWFuta.139

The futa one is generating an NPC.  The werewolf event _might_ trigger with the player as the target, but I haven't gone through the code to find out.

UPDATE: Status of Hotfix

Approximately 30 localisation files have been gone though, organized, and merged down into 18 files with (hopefully) all duplicates removed.  I still have two huge ones to go through (for events), but all the support ones for titles, traits, religions, and so on have been done.  A number of these still need localisation text added into them, but at least I won't have conflicting versions of the text anymore.  :smile: 

4 hours ago, Janjy said:

Hi nox! are ws and scat contents in atm?

Nothing new yet.  I'm not even sure if all of the old stuff is still active, but I did mass update the code to use the new rules.

I had to stop most new work in order to get this mechanically functioning again.  I am still cleaning up mechanics problems and bugs, but I am slowly getting the disabled content reactivated and am writing some new content.

On 1/31/2018 at 6:10 AM, bicobus said:

The court harem for the woman rulers is somewhat buggy. If you assign somebody of your own dynasty, your husband get thrown away as you gain a lover. I tried it without being married and assigned the demon child as a court boy and poof, lost my titles as he gained everything.

I have found the problem.  Fixing it and still having my female ruler's harem working as desired will be a bit of a challenge and goes back to problems caused by core CK2 limitations.  Currently the code makes the person a lover and a consort.  The consort part is the problem.  In order to make this work exactly how I want, I may have to prevent married females from having their boy toys.  I am still looking at options.

QUICK QUESTION: Sexually Free Cultures, Religions, & Societies

I am reworking all of the vanilla events dealing with bastards, sex out of wedlock, cheating, extramarital lovers, and so on.  I have created four categories of person who does not care about such things:

1. Members of sexually free religions such as Yiffics, Yiffy Pagans, Amazons, and so on.
  2. Members of sexually free cultures such as Amazons, Night Wolves, Daughters of Sheba, any of the animal cultures, and so on.  This category can also be triggered by having certain traits, such as werewolf, lilith, incubus, etc....
  3. Members of sexually free societies.  (So far there are none in my mod, but that will change)
  4. Slaves

So the question is: Should any vanilla CK2 cultures, religions, or societies be included in my list? 

I was considering any of the devil worshipers and possibly unreformed norse pagans (see included controversial comic from Scandinavia and the World).  I am open to any views for or against existing CK2 stuff.

baby-daddy.png

Advising Against Ancient Religions Reborn (for now)

I love ancient Religions Reborn, but it is throwing an unbelievable amount of errors (hundreds, maybe thousands within a few months) into the error log when playing with debugging on.  Until it is fixed, I recommend disabling it.  :frown: 

EDIT: Fearing that I may have inexplicably caused the error, I did test with Ancient Religions Reborn as the ONLY mod active and it still spewed 480 copies of the same error by March 2nd of a game that started Jan 1.  Here is the error for the curious.

[triggerimplementation.cpp:22328]: Script Assert! assert: "_SocietyTarget.GetToken() == _secret_religious_cult_ && "Invalid Society in CSocietyMemberTrigger!"", type: "none", location: " file: decisions/ACR_other_decisions.txt line: 90"

7 hours ago, noxbestia said:

Should any vanilla CK2 cultures, religions, or societies be included in my list? 

Not by default, but allow reforms for the cultures and heresies for the religions. For an example from the game, the  Norse eventually become a germanic culture.

Not by default, but allow reforms for the cultures and heresies for the religions. For an example from the game, the  Norse eventually become a germanic culture.

I'll have to figure out the best way to do that.  I think I'd have to make copies of the cultures with an altered name and events that triggered their activation.  Definitely beyond the scope of immediate stuff, but an intriguing idea.  Also, thank you for voicing an opinion.  :smile:

Would it actually be possible to detach a branch of a religion from the main one? As in it doesn't become a heresy? I think that's what the UK did with Anglicanism, with the Queen being also the religious leader (source).

Edit: I mean, so changing your religion does not automatically triggers a crusade against the hippies or something like that.

38 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Would it actually be possible to detach a branch of a religion from the main one? As in it doesn't become a heresy? I think that's what the UK did with Anglicanism, with the Queen being also the religious leader (source).

Edit: I mean, so changing your religion does not automatically triggers a crusade against the hippies or something like that.

In CK2 mechanics it would have to be like Orthodox and Catholic; both are part of the christian group and neither are heresies (unless you mend the schism).

Cultures have a different mechanic where multiple cultures can share the same parent (not just culture group) and thus they get along.

Hi, first of all I really like ur mod. Lots of idea and potential loving it :tongue:

However, since the new release, I cannot play with ur mod. Game always crash after a couple of weeks :confused:

When I launch the game, I can choose 2 of ur mods : "Dark World NoxBestia Darkest Perversions" and "NoxBestia Darkest Perversions Standalone". With the first one, no problem. It's with the second one that I cannot play properly :confused: Unfortunatly the standalone is the most insteresting ^^

I play with lots of mods so maybe theyre is a compatibility issue. Any way, I still wanted to ask u if u had any idea of where it came from and what could I do to fix it.

If it can help, I play with : bigger events; abos lovers of harems; DW expanded slavery; DW beyond heresy; DW hentai submod; DW kitsune; DW reborn (1.62); DW mages ; immersive training slave; king of slaves and vices; school of shappo; turtle's extra trait and other stuff; DW Toska (1.4.2); DW mercenary commander and ur mods :smile: (yeah I know, there's quiet a lot)

Anyway, thanks again for ur mod, very fun to play with.

You need to activate Dark World: Reborn (1.62), slavery expanded and Noxbestia's standalone to play noxbestia DP, otherwise you'll crash. Sadly, 1.62 won't support the other mods that didn't get updated along. So either DW:R 1.62 and nox, or an older version of DW:R with the older third party mods

Okay I see, I was already using 1.62 (corrected in my previous post). Was too impatient to play with the latest version :tongue: 

That mean I cannot play with both DW Reborn from Toksa and dewguru until they're compatible with each other, right? 

Thanks anyway :smile: 

You need to activate Dark World: Reborn (1.62), slavery expanded and Noxbestia's standalone to play noxbestia DP, otherwise you'll crash. Sadly, 1.62 won't support the other mods that didn't get updated along. So either DW:R 1.62 and nox, or an older version of DW:R with the older third party mods

1 hour ago, haewyr said:

Okay I see, I was already using 1.62 (corrected in my previous post). Was too impatient to play with the latest version :tongue: 

That mean I cannot play with both DW Reborn from Toksa and dewguru until they're compatible with each other, right? 

Thanks anyway :smile: 

1 correction:  slavery expanded is optional.  It is listed in dependencies only for proper load order.  But it is fun and I usually run it when not troubleshooting my own code.

11 hours ago, noxbestia said:

In CK2 mechanics it would have to be like Orthodox and Catholic; both are part of the christian group and neither are heresies (unless you mend the schism).

Cultures have a different mechanic where multiple cultures can share the same parent (not just culture group) and thus they get along.

Actually, you can use the same religion in both arguments of set_parent_religion to make the religion a non-heressy. E.g. set_parent_religion = { religion = cathar parent = cathar } will make it stop being a heressy of catholicism. You can even do fun things like set_parent_religion = { religion = sunni parent = lollard } and it'll make lollard a non-heressy and sunni a heressy of it. 

I'm actually making a private mod where the player is secretly the head of a religion, which is dynamically set to be a heressy of whatever the player's public religion is.

1 hour ago, ngppgn said:

Actually, you can use the same religion in both arguments of set_parent_religion to make the religion a non-heressy. E.g. set_parent_religion = { religion = cathar parent = cathar } will make it stop being a heressy of catholicism. You can even do fun things like set_parent_religion = { religion = sunni parent = lollard } and it'll make lollard a non-heressy and sunni a heressy of it. 

I'm actually making a private mod where the player is secretly the head of a religion, which is dynamically set to be a heressy of whatever the player's public religion is.

If I have problems, I may call on your experience to help with a planned event where under certain, difficult to accomplish tasks, a player can unite (or dominate) all 3 major Abrahamic religions.  If I go through with this event as envisioned, the requirements will be akin to fully restoring the Roman Empire to its greatest size and then some.  It will almost certainly be a multi-generational task, but players are unpredictable and the RNG Gods may shine down just right for a single non-immortal ruler to do such a thing in one lifetime.  But this is far into the future for now.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:27 PM, noxbestia said:

UPDATE: Status of Hotfix

Approximately 30 localisation files have been gone though, organized, and merged down into 18 files with (hopefully) all duplicates removed.  I still have two huge ones to go through (for events), but all the support ones for titles, traits, religions, and so on have been done.  A number of these still need localisation text added into them, but at least I won't have conflicting versions of the text anymore.  :smile: 

UPDATE2: All of the traits now have localisation text instead of placeholders.  I can't believe it took me all day to do that, but to be fair, it hasn't ever been fully done since my first uploaded version, if it was even done then.

EDIT: I still have too much that needs fixed, so I won't be releasing the hotfix tonight.  I am hoping to be able to upload it tomorrow or Friday.  You can see the current bug status on this post.  

On 2/7/2018 at 2:29 AM, noxbestia said:

I am reworking all of the vanilla events dealing with bastards, sex out of wedlock, cheating, extramarital lovers, and so on.  I have created four categories of person who does not care about such things:

Probably better to do tie such changes to beliefs (culture/religion/society) rather than genetics, since beliefs are where it stems from.

Even succubus/incubus shouldn't inherently not care from their very birth, I would think, but behave according to how they were raised - unless they start going down their Lilith event chain, that is.

But that's just me.

2 hours ago, Santr said:

Probably better to do tie such changes to beliefs (culture/religion/society) rather than genetics, since beliefs are where it stems from.

Even succubus/incubus shouldn't inherently not care from their very birth, I would think, but behave according to how they were raised - unless they start going down their Lilith event chain, that is.

But that's just me.

A logical viewpoint that i had not looked at from that perspective.  One exception to that is that in my lore, a demonoid is reincarnated with at least partial memories of their past lives.  So far I haven't fully decided how to represent this within the mechanics of the CK2 engine but it is mentioned in a few events I have.  A second exception would be the non-sentient animals.  Beyond that, though, I need to reexamine my genetic criteria and decide if there is a valid reason for them to be there and if not, yank them out of the script.  Fortunately, that is very easy to change.

Thank you for weighing in on this and giving me something to think about I hadn't considered.  Cheers!