Blender 2.78a Importing NIF files directly

7 hours ago, Vortec said:

skin it in Outfit studio.

I just haven't had any luck with the new Outfit Studio (4.4.1)  "skinning" anything properly. It creates the BSDismemberSkinInstance node, but doesn't seem to work. Is it possible that the new version isn't as accurate? What version of OS are you using? I admit it doesn't sound likely, but I've honestly tried everything. If it worked, I would simply import/export OBJ format.

53 minutes ago, oldrayzor said:

I just haven't had any luck with the new Outfit Studio (4.4.1)  "skinning" anything properly. It creates the BSDismemberSkinInstance node, but doesn't seem to work. Is it possible that the new version isn't as accurate? What version of OS are you using? I admit it doesn't sound likely, but I've honestly tried everything. If it worked, I would simply import/export OBJ format.

I am using Bodyslide/outfit Studio 3.8, don't know about how the newer versions are working. Assuming the same.

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2017 at 12:13 AM, SassaAria said:

Almost.  Use more recent one.

Manual - unzip to desktop.

Go into unzipped folder - copy the entire "io_scene_nif" folder

nav to your blender installtion dir, nav through subfolders >2.78\script\addons\  and there you will see all kinds of io* folders

paste it there.

openblender, like in step 7 above, and now you should see option to activate.

Should be good to go.

Thank you for this. I got the io folder transplanted successfully, but Blender refused to let me activate it. Apparently, it still doesn't like the cut of my jib. Piffy Phooey.

BlenderError2NifPlugin.thumb.png.1e2e51bfcceb8efe2689a41140a4f920.png

BlenderErrorNifPlugin.thumb.png.dfd8327c3c6d5de69b052382c90801b9.png

9 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Thank you for this. I got the io folder transplanted successfully, but Blender refused to let me activate it. Apparently, it still doesn't like the cut of my jib. Piffy Phooey.

Maybe try with a Blender 2.78 version?

With 2.79 they changed alot of backend stuff...so this addone MAY no longer work with 2.79+

• 1 year later...

Hi, everyone :)

Is someone can help me ?

I have a problem when importing armor/cloth/body. Bone names are not good.

For exemple "NPC Thigh [Thg].L" instead of "NPC L Thigh [LThg]". It olso change Vertex group by the same way.

Someone now why and how resolve it ?

Thanks ^^

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 1:44 AM, myuhinny said:

I have never had a problem using those instructions they have always worked for when adding many different plugins to blender.

Tested and it worked like a charm except on one armor piece but that piece was junk before because of the way that person made it and all of the tools have errors when trying to open the nif. But I tested with a bod and armor file and both loaded up just fine.

*Edit 

Also tested with fallout 3/NV and oblivion nifs all loaded up fine.

Reveal hidden contents

post-25667-0-20925500-1484474231_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-08943100-1484474257_thumb.jpg

Tell us how NO ONE ELSE CAN GET IT TO WORK but you can bull shit.

@shaidien

To get a plugin to install all depends on what version of bender you are using and what version of said plugin it is that you are trying to install. Older plugins might not install with newer versions of bender and will require a plugin version that has been updated to work with it. I recently switched to version 2.80 and had to update my plugins as the ones I had wouldn't install or threw up errors when I tried to install them because they were older plugins.

• 5 months later...

So far since the updates, only 2.79b and earlier have working support for Nif import and export (Still a limited selection of things you can import and export) Namely static objects and rigged outfits/characters/animals/creatures.

However, the method in which you export these things from your scene and what you do or not do in your scene will prevent you from exporting or even importing your work.

I'm attaching a plugin file that worked well for me for years. If you are getting issues importing or exporting this is not due to the plugin BUT DUE TO THE USERS THEMSELVES!

(Finger bones for people may sometimes end up missing spaces and force you to re-add spaces in the string names so that they don't scatter everywhere, it usually happens when users merge hand/glove model skeletons with body/outfit skeletons, and I still don't know why, but this is usually when it occurs, so I suggest avoiding it when possible)

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/blender-2.79b-windows64.zip
I presume most of you are on Windows and running a 64 bit version.

With this plugin you CANNOT:

Import/Export complex objects such as animated statics like doors or containers, that requires effort in nifskope if you have the time and patience.

Import/Export complex items like a torch due to all of the special shit it uses, I don't think even 3ds max has that kind of support either.

Import/Export Animations, however it is still possible to make and export animations IF you have the right rigs and tools to do so, which requires other tools for support, Collygon posted a tutorial here on LL, go look for it.

Import/Export collision objects. They can be imported, but don't expect blender to export that shit, you're better off exporting your desired collision object as a regular static object and then using steps provided by the Chunkmerge tool tutorials.

Reliably Export custom HDT bone setups (Like hair or outfit pieces like skirts). You can attempt to create the bones, and I have done it in the past, but it's a bitch and a half to get them to work, let alone craft a working XML that fits its needs. 3DS Max, did have HDT tools, but they are for really old versions like 2012 so don't expect any help from them either.

With this plugin you CAN:

Import/Export rigged or static objects, however you must link textures to the material slots, otherwise it will not export. Make sure you remove all but one of the materials for your shapes, if you have more than one material, Blender will create a subcategory for the Strings and they will be split up and denoted by a :0 and a :1 or even and :2 if you have 2 or more materials applied to one mesh/object.

When Exporting you NEED to:

Clean up your scene, and make sure that whatever is left is that which you want to export, so make sure nothing else is rendered or selectable when exporting.

Make sure ALL of your desired objects for exporting are HIGHLIGHTED, this means that all should be orange and one item should be yellow.

Make sure you have all of your material slots cleaned and textures pathed, they dont even need to have real textures or even the right ones, anything can be put in its place.

Make sure all of your modifiers are applied, DO NOT APPLY YOUR SKELETON MODIFIERS, KEEP THEM THERE!

Make sure you've trimmed and cleaned out your vertex/bone groups and that your partition slots are properly painted and named based off of the Wiki pages slot names list.

Make sure your export options are correct for Skyrim, it has to have the exported game to be Skyrim, as this plugin has only partial support for Fallout 3/NV, Oblivion or Morrowind, the plugin has imported fallout and morrowind nifs just fine, but this plugin is meant for Skyrim, so focus on exporting Skyrim stuff.

The export options should be Game:Skyrim, Max Partition Bones:24 (18 is for some reason the default) The rest of the options dont need to be tweaked, as I havent seen what positive effects are resulted when altering them, as it usually ends up messing with the shading of the vertices.

I have found a 2020 plugin, but since it's one of the Alpha plugins, ill have to check it out later on.Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Screenshot_2017.1

Dont tell me that the plugin doesnt work for you. I made the mesh for this in Blender, I used GIMP for the textures, it can be done.

Blender Nif Plugin alpha v2 5-22-2017 -Use this one.zip

For outfits (where I need to add stuff to the mesh) I've always deskinned the mesh and exported in .obj format in Outfit Studio. Then imported the .obj into Blender, made my changes to the mesh, then exported back out as .obj. Then imported, reskinned and re-bone-weighted in Outfit Studio. A little laborious, but it works.

53 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

For outfits (where I need to add stuff to the mesh) I've always deskinned the mesh and exported in .obj format in Outfit Studio. Then imported the .obj into Blender, made my changes to the mesh, then exported back out as .obj. Then imported, reskinned and re-bone-weighted in Outfit Studio. A little laborious, but it works.

No need, try out my plugin and see how much better it is when OS, is quite limited in its framework when it comes to editing outfits.

OS is mainly used to clean up partitions and bones, nothing else really when it comes to editing.

• 5 weeks later...

@blipblap Thank you so much. I have been scouring the internet trying to find a nif plugin that will work, preferably with the new 2.82 or any of the 2.8x, not available but yours is the nearest. It's 2.79 with the old interface but hey, so what, it does the job !!

Three cheers for blipblap !!

Archived