So is this distance in miles from each other or kilometers?

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

there is a separate tab for miles and kilometers, as well as tabs that show how long it would take to travel from place to place on foot or by horse for varying lengths of travel (8, 12, and 16 hours). The tabs are at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

So is this distance in miles from each other or kilometers?

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

there is a separate tab for miles and kilometers, as well as tabs that show how long it would take to travel from place to place on foot or by horse for varying lengths of travel (8, 12, and 16 hours). The tabs are at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

okay thanks

If we were to base it on the "feel" of playing Skyrim, then the size would only be about 50%. This is just my opinion, and based on a quick dash from Riverwood to Whiterun has a "feel" (to me) of about 15 miles, where the comparable Skyrim-to-Poland comparison indicates it to be about 33. I could be entirely wrong, since the unit of measurement isn't labeled in the screenshot, only stating "33", and I'm not wanting to install MS Office or Excel just to check.

Any chance of this data being offered in the format of images, or formatted text?

If we were to base it on the "feel" of playing Skyrim, then the size would only be about 50%. This is just my opinion, and based on a quick dash from Riverwood to Whiterun has a "feel" (to me) of about 15 miles, where the comparable Skyrim-to-Poland comparison indicates it to be about 33. I could be entirely wrong, since the unit of measurement isn't labeled in the screenshot, only stating "33", and I'm not wanting to install MS Office or Excel just to check.

Any chance of this data being offered in the format of images, or formatted text?

download the spreadsheet to get the distances in miles and km. I can make another tab that halves everything, I suppose

download the spreadsheet to get the distances in miles and km. I can make another tab that halves everything, I suppose

No need to. It's good as it is and very useful. For those who feel Skyrim to be more or less than the size of Poland, it is easy enough to use your calculations as a basis and apply math to adjust accordingly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Totally off topic but, you changed your avatar and I do not do well with change - I don't care how hot that chick is - I miss the old pic and I'm going to be grouchy about it. :@

Still luv ya. xoxo

I'm sorry! What did I have before? Kirito? With all my avatars all over the internet, I can't remember which is which.

Totally off topic but, you changed your avatar and I do not do well with change - I don't care how hot that chick is - I miss the old pic and I'm going to be grouchy about it. :@

Still luv ya. xoxo

I'm sorry! What did I have before? Kirito? With all my avatars all over the internet, I can't remember which is which.

Yeah, it was Kirito...

Still grouchy!

• 2 weeks later...

Now this similarity just reminds me of ancient Germanic history. The Goths, a group of tribes that played a role in the eventual fall of the western Roman empire, and who they also fought for, and against, many many times (remind you of a certain group from Skyrim and their empire?) They are theorized to have originated in Scandinavia (Atmora similarities?) and crossed the sea into what is now Poland and claimed it as their own settled there after defeating the original inhabitants possibly merging with them.

From Wikipedia: Sometime around the 1st century AD, Germanic peoples may have migrated from Scandinavia to Gothiscandza, in present-day Poland.

Very interesting similarities. I know lots of people associate the Nords with Vikings but i always thought they were much more like the Visigoths, both in culture, and the way they would fight for, and against their respective empires in their history. The Poland similarity takes another leap forward imho.

• 3 years later...

i've found that, for my game, at least, making the map a quarter of the size of Poland seem to fit the travel times best. Of course, I have the wilderness timescale set to 60, so the days go by much faster. that's what I added to this new version of this thing that everyone (including me) forgot all about, probably. ;)

I've begun writing skyrim stories again so this became relevant for me again. I noticed while looing it over that a LOT of the distances seemed way out of whack. I think I sorted at some point and messed up the original chart.

So I started over and made a new chart, using updated Polish (and Ukranian) cities that better matched their Skyrim counterparts. I also added some places that were glaring omissions last time and removed some that seemed superfluous.

Lastly, there are now tabs for making the map a half or a quarter of the size of Skyrim to better fit the time it actually takes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 3:04 PM, jfraser said:

i've found that, for my game, at least, making the map a quarter of the size of Poland seem to fit the travel times best. Of course, I have the wilderness timescale set to 60, so the days go by much faster. that's what I added to this new version of this thing that everyone (including me) forgot all about, probably. ;)

I've settled on timescale 30 for wilderness in my games. It definitely should be higher but I feel like even 30 is bumping against practical gameplay limits - I'm already getting a bit stressed out if I have to stop briefly to talk to people in the wilderness because time passes so comparatively fast. How do you deal with dialogs with NPCs and just generally taking a breather in the wilderness at timescale 60?

Plus ideally for roleplay I should be walking everywhere... but ain't nobody got time for that. The temptation to run and spam Whirlwind Sprint is so strong, it ends up taking only about a day (morning to about evening) to get from Ivarstead to Riverwood, even though it should take at least a couple of days, maybe more.

4 hours ago, Buridan said:

I've settled on timescale 30 for wilderness in my games. It definitely should be higher but I feel like even 30 is bumping against practical gameplay limits - I'm already getting a bit stressed out if I have to stop briefly to talk to people in the wilderness because time passes so comparatively fast. How do you deal with dialogs with NPCs and just generally taking a breather in the wilderness at timescale 60?

Plus ideally for roleplay I should be walking everywhere... but ain't nobody got time for that. The temptation to run and spam Whirlwind Sprint is so strong, it ends up taking only about a day (morning to about evening) to get from Ivarstead to Riverwood, even though it should take at least a couple of days, maybe more.

Well, there aren't a lot of people to talk to in the wilderness - just bandits to run from or army patrols, mostly. But I try to stop and camp for the night when it gets dark. What I don't have time for is setting up camps and RPing around them. XD

I tried walking but, like you, I couldn't handle it. I don't know why it's so painful, but it really is. I don't Whirlwind Sprint, though.

But this is exactly why I have it set to 60 - so I can't make it too far before dark. Thank god (and, more important, Kae Arby) for Dynamic Timescale. One of my core must-have mods.

I do slow things down to the game default of 20 for fighting and for civilized areas. Mostly because AFT always bitched at me about having it set to anything else.

edit: all that said, I am trying to stick to the timelines of the full-sized map for my story playthroughs. Although the in-game travel is faster than the chart, that's the kind of thing I can play loose with for the narratives. XD

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dellappatca said:

I just want to say thank you omg I write fanfics for skyrim and this has practically saved my life, not to be dramatic lmao. Thanks for doing like 90% of my work for you, you're the best.

Thank you for the kind words. That's exactly why I made it. XD

• 1 month later...

:classic_smile: Very useful.

I just realized that my own travel-distance chart is very close to your 1/4 version.

I think, I prefer your version since it's based on an actual map and not wine induced discussions, while sitting on the couch and combining wishful thinking with visuals on screen. :classic_blush:

31 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_smile: Very useful.

I just realized that my own travel-distance chart is very close to your 1/4 version.

I think, I prefer your version since it's based on an actual map and not wine induced discussions, while sitting on the couch and combining wishful thinking with visuals on screen. :classic_blush:

If they're reasonably close, you must become a natural cartographer when wine drunk. It's like a super power!

21 minutes ago, jfraser said:

If they're reasonably close, you must become a natural cartographer when wine drunk. It's like a super power!

in the range of <10% with the main cities. :classic_shy:

:wine: = DOUBLE_MAP_SKILL_PERK