Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

I went ahead with the first approach since it was straightforward and from some preliminary testing it seems to work well. I didn't perceive any additional latency on startup (though this is somewhat hardware-dependent) and there was a small improvement in responsiveness when equipping through the inventory. Here's the zEdit patcher I made to generate the JSON file: DDGen.zip and here's the final generated JSON file for Integration and Expansion: devices.json. Not particularly useful on its own but if you're interested there it is ;).

1 hour ago, GreatCroco said:

Not a fan of precomputing a hashmap, as it creates the need for possibly another external file to keep track and in sync.

We're always going to have an extra file to maintain whether that be the ESL that patches the armor records or this JSON file.

1 hour ago, GreatCroco said:

There's another problem: load orders. Since the six character long hex id is not guaranteed to be unique, the load order position also needs to be included as well. This MUST be done on the user's side, making them run an external tool. Not the best UX, imo.

Form lookup is done using the function TESDataHandler::LookupForm(FormID a_localFormID, std::string_view a_modName) so getting the devices is load order independent as long as the mod name is known. This patcher only needs to be run by maintainers if there are armor record changes.

EDIT: Rough benchmark yields a startup latency of about 44ms.

Edited by ponzipyramid
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 4:22 AM, johntrine said:

hey. sorry to take the space and your guy's time.... but ok. so here is the thing.

back in the day, there used to be a mod called city bondage (would get some info here.

what it basically did was equipped dd devices when your character reached a city and remove it when you left said city. it was a neat mod but since the dev stopped updating it and it was outdated, he deleted it.

till recently, he had allowed people to mess with his mod but recently he said this

Convert: allowed

Share: not allowed

Though I might be open to granting permissions to someone if they're willing to convert the LE version to DD 5.x as well as a fully-supported SE/AE version...

proof here.

i was curious if someone here had the time and talent to do that?

I can add a similar feature to DCL. It might take a while before I get to it, though! :)

On 8/3/2023 at 11:45 PM, krzp said:

Thank you, this is grand!! I always get a little too caught up in the "woo hoo it actually moves" excitement, so this greatly helps to notice the parts that I've overlooked ?

Front-facing pole you're absolutely correct on the intention - I've went back to it and adjusted it a little, plus animated the other bones some more, so it should be a bit livelier now. The gravity effect still isn't exactly how I've wanted it to be, I might return to it once I get more experience, but at least there are no sudden levitation powers ?

Pole - high: 1) I've tried raising the character a tiny bit, so the arms don't lock in the max extension at the start, hopefully that looks more realistic - kept it one time mid-animation to emphasize the slide down, but I'm open to "this still looks unnatural" 2) Ah, this was sort of intentional, the idea was that the char tries to do this sort of a push up to try wiggling the hands out free, but fails to hold position and disappointingly slides back down, hence the "cat slowly going down the curtains" move   ? I thought of trying to do the "throw the body down to break out", but I liked how this one looked a bit more. Still, though, I've tried tweaking the movement graphs a little off your suggestion, so it's just a little faster - plus, fixed the feet clipping issue in a couple of frames.

And I've made the final Pole - Sitting one! This one, I think, is better suited to the "Break Device" name rather than the "Struggle".

Reveal hidden contents

So, with that done, that should be all for the missing struggles in Contraptions. Open to feedback and more tweaking, as always!

please make more mods with Contraptions, they are horribly underutilized  ?

DD_Contraptions_struggles_v3.7z 50.13 kB · 31 downloads

Silly question, but is this for LE or SE?

On 7/21/2023 at 11:29 AM, krzp said:

Let's give it a little jump start ?

I've tried to collect all the tweaks to 5.2 that I have and remember where I got them:

1. Bodyslide bone fixes for 3ba by ihatemykite
  2. New animations by iivanvv (+ some of them in form of a DAR patch)
  3. DAR/OAR SE, LE version
  4. New movement script for OAR/DAR
  5. Small fixes by Taki17
  6. Swimming animations by iivanv
  7. CommonLibNG DLL by ponzipyramid
  8. HDT chains fix by PredatorRJ
  9. Stagger fix SE
  10. Gag fix by ihatemykite
  11. SKSE expressions performance increase SE by ihatemykite

I think all of those combined might be worthy of a start of a discussion for the 5.3 beta at this point?

And I didn't even collect the proposed code changes, this is only ready to be merged stuff.

And a lot of those are SE-specific, so this is a good time to renew that discussion too... ?

If I have forgotten anything, please post them too ?

Thanks for that list! Like every year, I am currently spending some time in The Big Room (we got a really nice summer here), but I will soon start to merge these and release the first 5.3 Beta! :)

18 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Ah, those are SE, but I can make you an LE version later today, I've worked out a way to convert SE animations back to LE ?

On a semi-related note, I've sent you a dm about a certain dev-related question

24 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Thanks for that list! Like every year, I am currently spending some time in The Big Room (we got a really nice summer here), but I will soon start to merge these and release the first 5.3 Beta! :)

There were a few more updates since I've made that post, I'm sure the list will grow a bit more by the time you'll be able to look at it again ? Enjoy your holidays!

Edited by krzp
30 minutes ago, krzp said:

Ah, those are SE, but I can make you an LE version later today, I've worked out a way to convert SE animations back to LE ?

On a semi-related note, I've sent you a dm about a certain dev-related question

reply sent! :)

12 hours ago, Kimy said:

Here's the LE version.

As there were a dozen posts about them, i'll summarize the two current quirks - the struggle for the restraint post in the archive is named to replace the idle pose (restraintpole_idle.hkx), because I couldn't add it to play as a separate struggle even after I've adjusted the FNIS txt files and registered it as such (currently in DD both the idle and the struggle point to the same file for that contraption), so if you wish to add it properly, I assume there's something that needs to be adjusted either in the Contraptions esm or the code, but I'm not sure what. ?

And the X-cross one is named to replace the original existing animation (by FeuerTin, i assume?), which I didn't have much of a problem with, except for it not being struggle-y enough for my tastes - so if you'd like to incorporate mine in any capacity, maybe it could be used as a separate one for Break Device or something like that?? (personally, I just randomize them through DAR)

DD_Contraptions_struggles_v3_LE.7z

Edited by krzp

Got a new DD Patch for Ayleid Piercings - CBBE 3BA - SoS

Thought i place it here for bugtesting.

Uses Slot 54 - For Navel Piercings - With custom script.

With lockable earrings, navel rings, nipple and clit rings.

Download:

New location :

Changelog:

v2: Fixed the meshes to use the correct slots

v1: First upload

Old:

Edited by dieer

Hello, really looking forward to 5.3! I'm currently dipping my toes into skyrim AE, and I'm using the patches from this post:

and I have some issues to report though I am not sure if they come from DD 5.2 or these patches. I poked around in small DD fixes - integration/expansion and the records there only touch on the slave harnesses and some mgef descriptions.

1: Iron pear of anguish plugs, anal and vaginal (all variants), have incorrect menus; Inserting one plug works normal at first but when inserting the other plug in the other hole the option to force that plug out is present. If I have a key, the option to unlock the plug is present before inserting the second plug.

After inserting the plug and manipulating the lock, the option to remove the plug is only there if I have a key though the key is not consumed.

2: Paw bondage mittens are unable to be removed after manipulating the lock. The menu option is there, but it does not work with or without a key.

If locked properly the mittens can still not be unlocked with a key, after a successful attempt another message box pops up saying that I failed to unlock them.

3: there is an animation problem with the pet suit, the legs do not fold quite all the way.

I have attached my modlist and plugins if that helps.

Spoiler

Honeyview_ScreenShot3.jpg.0f575ed24f713fc91fbbc3443ac40f63.jpg

onedirectlyaftertheother.png.dae427698689323dd8a487880d5255b6.png

modlist.txt plugins.txt

Edited by genericc
added spoiler for neatness
41 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

At least such shouldn't have been discussed before. Screenshot would help showing what you mean.

Had similar problem. Figured out that source of issue was the Mu Joint Fix, which is changing leg joint to be more realistic. Creating patch which disables this (if it can be disabled on runtime) might be only way of fixing it.

10 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

Had similar problem. Figured out that source of issue was the Mu Joint Fix, which is changing leg joint to be more realistic. Creating patch which disables this (if it can be disabled on runtime) might be only way of fixing it.

I've been using MuJF for a while (on default settings), but I don't remember running into that, so this might vary from install to install.

Although, I've mostly used the old version, 2.14 or something like that, I'll check if the new one does something like that.

8 hours ago, genericc said:

Oh i put the screenshots under the spoiler to keep things tidy :P

So have you run Bodyslide on all Devious Devices? Most people don't play with "flat" breasts, i'm not judging just wondering if that part is as intended too ?

Or using custom race?

Edited by Zaflis
15 hours ago, Zaflis said:

So have you run Bodyslide on all Devious Devices? Most people don't play with "flat" breasts, i'm not judging just wondering if that part is as intended too ?

Or using custom race?

I ran everything through bodyslide with the CBBE Curvy preset, but i did customize her in race menu. I thought it would be more fun to have my flat character be bullied by her huge titty futa follower.

I'm still messing around with the whole setup so I'll come back when I find out something new.

On 8/24/2023 at 10:48 AM, ihatemykite said:

When I disabled mu joint fix 2.0.17 the issue went away, thanks for the tip.

Looking into the full function of mu joint fix it's already supposed to disable some of its functions during sexlab scenes, maybe that could be extended to when wearing certain DDs?

Sadly I don't know a thing about scripting so this is beyond my abilities.

Asking it here before I start testing it for myself. Do devices equipped through a mod like Devious Chests or Cursed Loot throw the OnEquip event? If so then which armor throws the event? The rendered device or the inventory device?

On 8/24/2023 at 1:25 AM, circuit said:

Question/idea:  How hard would it be to make "flush" versions of the plugs?  Like, ones that don't protrude through the belts/suits? 

You can use Dynamic Armor Variants to replace the plug mesh with an invisible one when the character is wearing a covering belt or suit.

I don't know anything about how to use the device hider but I would love to have it hide plugs. Anyone else notice how plugs show through leather hobble dresses? Even armbinders don't block them at that point. Only happens to leather, not ebonite dresses.

Spoiler

ScreenShot28.png.7356647ce6371e0b643b12a0f185a78d.png

Posting here as well to get some eyes on the issue. DD5.2 has an issue with the Import Settings feature where it enables all of DD’s slots, thus hiding all of the PC’s body save for head and feet. If anyone can make a fix, I’d really appreciate it.