Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

2 hours ago, sneakychunk2420 said:

Don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but does anyone know how to modify outfits and get them to spawn in game? I want to modify the boxbinder outfit so that it doesn't have the armbinder but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

You need Outfit Studio to do it.

• load the item's mesh into Outfit sStudio from under CalienteTools\Bodyslide\Shapedata\DeviousDevices-UUNP (or the folder matching your body type of choice)
  • remove the armbinder, body and armbindermetal mesh parts (disabled on the example image down below)
  • load your body as a reference (UUNP Special in my case)
  • use the brushes (deflate/inflate) to conform the rest of the outfit to the body
Spoiler

boxbinderoutfit.jpg.74b836be5c937e5e38be6d5712e66ba9.jpg

I recommend you look up an Outfit Studio tutorial for the rest, like conforming the sliders, copying weights and exporting the finished outfit. I guess this is as good as gets with getting started with using Outfit Studio.

14 hours ago, sneakychunk2420 said:

when I go to export it do I overwrite the file I took the outfit from or do I save it somewhere else to get it to show in game?

Ideally, you'd make this into an entirely separate, new outfit and create a plugin with records for it. Alternatively, if you want it as a replacer, you have your work set out to modify the script and properties of the existing item, changing it to not being marked as a heavy bondage item, nor for it to trigger the alternate animations and bound combat.

2 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Ideally, you'd make this into an entirely separate, new outfit and create a plugin with records for it. Alternatively, if you want it as a replacer, you have your work set out to modify the script and properties of the existing item, changing it to not being marked as a heavy bondage item, nor for it to trigger the alternate animations and bound combat.

How do I edit the scripts since they're all .pex files, do I need a specific program or do I need to convert it into something else to edit it then convert it back.

I'm thinking in theory I could just copy the script for something like the body harness and edit it to use the modified boxbinder, do you think that would work?

This is the code I've implemented:

if (!libs.isWearingDeviceType(libs.playerRef, libs.zad_DeviousCollar))
        DeviceLists.EquipRandomDevice(libs.playerRef, DeviceLists.zad_dev_collars)
    endIf

The issue is that there are certain items that occupy multiple slots. How do I best detect such cases to avoid called for EquipRandomDevice()?

I'm aware that such items include Leather Cuffs Complete and some of the harness items that include collars. These don't appear to be detected as zad_DeviousCollar.

11 hours ago, Gyra said:

The issue is that there are certain items that occupy multiple slots. How do I best detect such cases to avoid called for EquipRandomDevice()?

I'm afraid you'll need to implement a validator of your own to check if the item returned by DD's GetRandomDevice() can actually be equipped on the actor. That's most easily done by worn keyword checking.

If you want - an admittedly more complex than what you need - example, I'd recommend you take a look at the ValidateRestraint() function in my mod's Utility script.

On 3/5/2023 at 1:19 AM, ihatemykite said:

Tested it and looks like there is no issue. Even after deleting the dll. You can try it and let me know if you find some issue. It can be installed as a separate mod. I have also little updated the hider to not create error logs for users who don't use the SoS. Was oversight on my part.

Download: DD5.2 - Native remove.zip

would i install as a new mod or merge it with DD5.2 

On 9/11/2023 at 1:36 AM, krzp said:

So, by popular demand, here's a big update for the OAR conversion.

First an foremost, some fixes to the original:
- This now supports female NPC's with a male animation profile
- I've found out that the 1001** pony line of animations had unnecessary copies of the unchanged animations from the regular folders, so minus 400 redundant animations (yay, optimization)

- I, uh, accidentally nuked the Petsuit struggle animations for everyone in the original SE conversion - this is now fixed (in my defence, I did the conversion back in the 5.2b7 days, so it didn't cross my mind to check the FNIS lists for any changes when the RC dropped - my bad) ?
- A new and updated version of the movement script (even more recent than the NEW one i've uploaded a few months ago, small fix in there)

But that's not all.

I've bundled in almost every pack I did for it after creating the original one, so this now also includes:

New petsuit animations by @iivanvv

Bound swimming add-on by @iivanvv

Stagger, bleedout & wounded patch

Out of stamina for DD + hobbled out of stamina

Arm binder sleep + bed enter-exit animations

Blindfolded walk, run & idle

DD Oarified - Trip, catch breath and others

The last one got a small upgrade too, now the PlayHornyAnimation is OAR'ed too.

And one more thing.

I've noticed how some people had problems with the animation priorities, where they've had some animations playing over DD's ones.

Here's an optional file, that sets all DD's animations priorities to 2100000***, that should, hopefully, fix this for most people. ?

Install after the main one, it overwrites the json's.

Let me know if something doesn't work.

Think you need to re-run your FNIS/Nemesis after updating from the previous conversions - and definitely run it if you're installing the for the first time.

DD to OAR_the big bundle_FOMOD_v2.7z 11.17 MB · 172 downloads DD to OAR high priority fix.7z 2.03 kB · 87 downloads

Do you mind updating your zadLibs script to include the SLIF patch such as from here?

It's only like four lines of additional code. I'd do it myself but I can't figure out how to compile the script correctly... As a side thing, is line 2757 supposed to be Hidden instead of SetNodeHidden?

What's the best DD API command to remove all devices, so that they don't get broken by UnequipAll?

I'm trying to patch a werewolf overhaul so that it doesn't break the scripting on devious devices when the player transforms, and every single werewolf transformation script I've looked at uses PlayerRef.UnequipAll().

On 10/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, markdf said:

What's the best DD API command to remove all devices, so that they don't get broken by UnequipAll?

I'm trying to patch a werewolf overhaul so that it doesn't break the scripting on devious devices when the player transforms, and every single werewolf transformation script I've looked at uses PlayerRef.UnequipAll().

There is no API exposed framework function to get this done. In DCL, I typically implement it like this:

Int Function UnlockRestraints(actor a, bool destroyDevices = false)				
	int count = 0
	Keyword kw
	if !a.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_Lockable)
		; no DD items equipped, can abort here
		return count
	endif	
	int i = dcumenu.dcur_devicekeywords.GetSize()
	While i > 0		
		i -= 1
		kw = dcumenu.dcur_devicekeywords.GetAt(i) As Keyword		
		if a.wornhaskeyword(kw)
			if libs.UnlockDeviceByKeyword(libs.playerref, zad_DeviousDevice = kw)				
				count += 1
			Endif							
		endif
	EndWhile
	return count	
EndFunction

(devicekeywords is a formlist containing all DD device keywords or just the ones you want to remove), There is one in DD you can use for the purpose (zadlibs.zadStandardKeywords).

To make such a WW patch DD safe, it would be prudent to check for DD quest devices (which would NOT get removed by this function), and cancel the transformation in case there are. The quest items would otherwise break. I think. I have no experience with WW mods.

On 10/4/2023 at 4:47 AM, markdf said:

I think the approach of UD is the most reliable way to unlock all DD. Maybe ask @ihatemykite

Hey everyone,

We're excited to share the first release of Devious Devices NG, a collaborative revamp of DD's internals for SE/AE/VR. Improvements include:

• Complete conversion of DD's bound movement system to OAR for significantly faster idle switching (demo below) and reduced script lag by krzp
  • Greatly expanded library of movement, Sexlab, and furniture animations by taki, krzp, billyy, baka, leito, nibbles, psyche, and iivanvv
  • Improved performance and eliminated script lag for device/limb hider, expression switching, gagged eating/drinking and bound looting/equip prevention through engine-level enforcement instead of inventory removal and several zadlibs functions through a new SKSE plugin by ihatemykite
  • Miscellaneous edits including built in soft dep support for OSL Aroused and SLIF

Preview:

Spoiler

DDOAR.gif.a72487d3119d836f976335ee8a44089c.gif

struggle.gif.d37da8836f2ee045c0596904b4c976c9.gif

We're currently working on improving the device equip/unequip experience and performance (including custom equip menus), more SL/furniture animations, faster and more robust SL filtering (including support for more than 2P scenes), and optional support for Sexlab P+ Phase 2. Our roadmap can be found here: https://github.com/users/ponzipyramid/projects/3

You can discuss the project, check out preview builds, and find accompanying mods on the Devious Devices Development Discord: https://discord.gg/VCkBRbJ6sb

Additional thanks to naaitsab for script fixes and managing the DD Discord, Audhol for ideation and mesh fixes, Roggvir for starting the DAR conversion and of course, Kimy for maintaining Devious Devices.

Compatibility:
Skyrim AE/SE/VR are all supported thanks to Clib-NG. LE is unsupported.

Backwards compatibility with any mods dependent on Devious Devices should be preserved but you will need a new game.

Requirements:
Hard:

• Open Animation Replacer
  • Address Library
  • Devious Devices SE 5.2

Soft:

• OSL Aroused (faster replacement for SL Aroused)
  • Sexlab Inflation Framework

Installation:
- Install as you would any other mod
- Ensure you overwrite DD
- Start a new game

Devious Devices NG v0.2.6.7z

Source Code

Have fun!

26 minutes ago, markdf said:

What about the MCO and SCAR patches?

I actually never did those, but I remember seeing some of them floating around - if they were compatible with any of my old conversions, they should fit right in, as the file structure for OAR remained largely the same to preserve compatibility. ? 

I could take a look into it a little later, we could always make it as an option in the fomod - are there any ready-made ones so I can take a look at them? I don't use MCO personally, so I'm not that familiar with the animation naming structure.

Edited by krzp
8 hours ago, krzp said:

I actually never did those, but I remember seeing some of them floating around - if they were compatible with any of my old conversions, they should fit right in, as the file structure for OAR remained largely the same to preserve compatibility. ? 

I could take a look into it a little later, we could always make it as an option in the fomod - are there any ready-made ones so I can take a look at them? I don't use MCO personally, so I'm not that familiar with the animation naming structure.

This is the only one that I know of.