[Request to find] City bondage

Hi ! So I just came across this mod that I absolutely cannot find anywhere tough many video exist of it. I also found a post with a poll that put City Bondage against Slaverun. While I can find Slaverun is counterpart is not found. If it is a mod...was it avaible for SE since I have SE.

I mean that video :

Edited by alexsl
  • alexsl changed the title to [Request to find] City bondage

City Bondage author here.  For reasons not worth re-hashing here, I took my mod down; it is currently not available anywhere.  Also, I never updated it to support DD 5.x, so I have no idea if it works properly with "modern" versions of DD.  SE compatibility was a mixed bag - the ESP would load fine and the scripts generally seemed to work, but I bundled an "outfit" that was built for LE, I think it needed conversion to prevent CTD and/or visual glitches whenever the "outfit" was loaded in.

Side note: I never realized it was popular enough for people to make videos and polls.  I certainly didn't get that level of interest here on LL, which was the only place I distributed it. ?‍♂️

34 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

City Bondage author here.  For reasons not worth re-hashing here, I took my mod down; it is currently not available anywhere.  Also, I never updated it to support DD 5.x, so I have no idea if it works properly with "modern" versions of DD.  SE compatibility was a mixed bag - the ESP would load fine and the scripts generally seemed to work, but I bundled an "outfit" that was built for LE, I think it needed conversion to prevent CTD and/or visual glitches whenever the "outfit" was loaded in.

Side note: I never realized it was popular enough for people to make videos and polls.  I certainly didn't get that level of interest here on LL, which was the only place I distributed it. ?‍♂️

I understand. But yes i found a few video talking about City bondage wich prompt me to go here and do a reserch if it was there and then I found a post with a poll. Either way it seemed like an interesting addition. I just came across it while I redid my regular googling of "skyrim bondage mod"

14 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

I for one got a little sad when you removed it, and stopped updating it. I loved the mod very much. It gave the world a little more dynamic around the fact you could kill any and all at any given moment, so you got restricted.

• 8 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 1:32 PM, BeardedBear said:

I for one got a little sad when you removed it, and stopped updating it. I loved the mod very much. It gave the world a little more dynamic around the fact you could kill any and all at any given moment, so you got restricted.

i also love that mod and i'd have loved to use it for my playthrough

I tried a quick conversion, just used the Cathedral tool. The mod started up, w/o problem on SE, equipped the restraints. It also removed them when needed. I did not test further than that.

I did not try the dwarven gear, but there is a version of that on SE as well.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:27 AM, davisev5225 said:

I don't know your reasons, so I respect your choice. Usually though it is better just to leave the mod on, maybe give some permissions, so people can update/convert it. There are always fans, even if they may be quiet.

Also, please reconsider uploading it again, maybe even updating it for DD 5.x and SE. It would be nice to see another old mod getting new attention, similar to Pet Project (the author came back, updated it to SE and actively develops it again, after several years of hiatus).

Peace,

M

Edited by monsta88
7 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I tried a quick conversion, just used the Cathedral tool. The mod started up, w/o problem on SE, equipped the restraints. It also removed them when needed. I did not test further than that.

I did not try the dwarven gear, but there is a version of that on SE as well.

I don't know your reasons, so I respect your choice. Usually though it is better just to leave the mod on, maybe give some permissions, so people can update/convert it. There are always fans, even if they may be quiet.

Also, please reconsider uploading it again, maybe even updating it for DD 5.x and SE. It would be nice to see another old mod getting new attention, similar to Pet Project (the author came back, updated it to SE and actively develops it again, after several years of hiatus).

Peace,

M

Hi op here. I use city bondage on my SE version and hasnt seen a need to convert it for SE it work without anything

1 hour ago, davisev5225 said:

DDa: 3.0e

DDi/DDe: 4.2

I can't remember of the top of my head how old was the version where issues started for slaverun specifically, maybe DDi/DDe required for that one was older. But since someone used city bondage in SE I'm assuming there is no version check like there is in slaverun, and since you just actually can choose the specific devices like in the video I guess not much can go wrong? This is like absolute shot in the dark though. Thanks for the response, and don't take this as me pressuring you to restore the mod, if you want the mod gone for whatever reason that is your choice.

Speaking of slaverun its a shame its not really compatible with modern DD and the only restoration effort being made is SE only :(

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 5:27 AM, davisev5225 said:

Also, I never updated it to support DD 5.x, so I have no idea if it works properly with "modern" versions of DD.

In case you were wondering, it appears to no longer be working with DD5 under LE. Items remain in inventory, piercings do not get removed properly. So sadly I had to take it out of my load order, although I really enjoyed using it.

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, vincent_76849 said:

On LE the dwemer ruins suit still seems to work fine but I did have to disable the dragonborn bindings in all cities sadly since they don't remove properly. 

On 11/12/2022 at 7:09 AM, NoirXiaoba said:

In case you were wondering, it appears to no longer be working with DD5 under LE. Items remain in inventory, piercings do not get removed properly. So sadly I had to take it out of my load order, although I really enjoyed using it.

That's probably because most of the devices were hard-coded rather than referencing existing devices.  That was done to try and work around other mods trying to manipulate the devices.

That's also why I never bothered to refactor into DD 5.x versions - having to completely re-work dozens of devices just because Kimy decided that players should be forced to use her lockshield system doesn't seem like fun to me.  ?

Edited by davisev5225
23 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

That's probably because most of the devices were hard-coded rather than referencing existing devices.  That was done to try and work around other mods trying to manipulate the devices.

That's also why I never bothered to refactor into DD 5.x versions - having to completely re-work dozens of devices just because Kimy decided that players should be forced to use her lockshield system doesn't seem like fun to me.  ?

Oh I see. Well for what it is worth I really enjoyed this mod while it lasted. Was my go-to. The whole premise was just great fun.

Best of luck to you!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, johntrine said:

is there no chance of this mod either making a comeback or going open source?

It is open source, with the restriction that you can't re-publish it, or another mod that is substantially the same, without permission.  If you have a copy, you're free to make any modifications you like, and you're free to reference, copy, etc. the code to help make your own mods.

I'm simply not distributing it at this time due to issues that, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll not be re-treading.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:38 AM, davisev5225 said:

It is open source, with the restriction that you can't re-publish it, or another mod that is substantially the same, without permission.  If you have a copy, you're free to make any modifications you like, and you're free to reference, copy, etc. the code to help make your own mods.

I'm simply not distributing it at this time due to issues that, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll not be re-treading.

yeah, but doesnt that mean that one cant convert it to se with dd5.x support and share?

hope this mod is remade someday. i remember using it and it was great and seamless. 

13 hours ago, johntrine said:

yeah, but doesnt that mean that one cant convert it to se with dd5.x support and share?

hope this mod is remade someday. i remember using it and it was great and seamless. 

Convert: allowed

Share: not allowed

Though I might be open to granting permissions to someone if they're willing to convert the LE version to DD 5.x as well as a fully-supported SE/AE version...