Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

20 hours ago, krzp said:

Haha, I have been creating them faster than I can categorize them ?  But since you've mentioned it, I have been working on updating the OAR conversion to bundle in most of the stuff I did after creating it, and improve on some thing that I've found, so it'll be easier not having to scour this thread page for page for various tweaks and add-ons. Hopefully it'll be ready soon, still need to test some things.

(I've installed Community Shaders recently, switched grass mods and got me some sweet Northern roads - been running all over Skyrim marvelling at fps-friendly grass shaders, and this has turned out to be terribly distracting ?)

@krzp

Good work :)

If I understand correctly, you newly added these animations and also need to edit the plugin or condition to call them?

Edited by tznvlw
17 hours ago, tznvlw said:

@krzp

Good work :)

If I understand correctly, you newly added these animations and also need to edit the plugin or condition to call them?

Thanks!

Which ones? The Trip-Catchbreath package? I've changed the way the game calls them, sort of speaking, so that's why I edited the script - and as then, I added a few new ones as a bonus to show off the ease of doing this under the new technology ?

5 hours ago, krzp said:

Thanks!

Which ones? The Trip-Catchbreath package? I've changed the way the game calls them, sort of speaking, so that's why I edited the script - and as then, I added a few new ones as a bonus to show off the ease of doing this under the new technology ?

Thanks for your reply :)

For DD_armbinder_bed_enter_exit_sleep, swimming with petsuit, I have OAR installed and tried them, nothing changed, Are they to be used together with DD to OAR_the big conversion or can they be used alone?

Edited by tznvlw
12 hours ago, tznvlw said:

For DD_armbinder_bed_enter_exit_sleep, swimming with petsuit, I have OAR installed and tried them, nothing changed, Are they to be used together with DD to OAR_the big conversion or can they be used alone?

Yeah, almost all the small add-ons need the big OAR conversion to actually show up in the game (or I'll usually note otherwise) - the folder structure is made to conform with them (i.e. if I create some animations for the arm binder, I then package so it installs into the OpenAnimationReplacer/DD to OAR/100006 folder, as this is the folder for everything arm binder related in the big conversion), and I don't usually include the config files for animations to show up for the corresponding devices, as those are already included with the big conversion. ?

5 hours ago, krzp said:

Yeah, almost all the small add-ons need the big OAR conversion to actually show up in the game (or I'll usually note otherwise) - the folder structure is made to conform with them (i.e. if I create some animations for the arm binder, I then package so it installs into the OpenAnimationReplacer/DD to OAR/100006 folder, as this is the folder for everything arm binder related in the big conversion), and I don't usually include the config files for animations to show up for the corresponding devices, as those are already included with the big conversion. ?

@krzp

That's it, I understand. Thank you very much for your explanation.?

Edited 1: I tried it just now, even with DD TO OAR installed, sleeping with armbinders, nothing changed

Edited by tznvlw

So, by popular demand, here's a big update for the OAR conversion.

First an foremost, some fixes to the original:
- This now supports female NPC's with a male animation profile
- I've found out that the 1001** pony line of animations had unnecessary copies of the unchanged animations from the regular folders, so minus 400 redundant animations (yay, optimization)

- I, uh, accidentally nuked the Petsuit struggle animations for everyone in the original SE conversion - this is now fixed (in my defence, I did the conversion back in the 5.2b7 days, so it didn't cross my mind to check the FNIS lists for any changes when the RC dropped - my bad) ?
- A new and updated version of the movement script (even more recent than the NEW one i've uploaded a few months ago, small fix in there)

But that's not all.

I've bundled in almost every pack I did for it after creating the original one, so this now also includes:

New petsuit animations by @iivanvv

Bound swimming add-on by @iivanvv

Stagger, bleedout & wounded patch

Out of stamina for DD + hobbled out of stamina

Arm binder sleep + bed enter-exit animations

Blindfolded walk, run & idle

DD Oarified - Trip, catch breath and others

The last one got a small upgrade too, now the PlayHornyAnimation is OAR'ed too.

And one more thing.

I've noticed how some people had problems with the animation priorities, where they've had some animations playing over DD's ones.

Here's an optional file, that sets all DD's animations priorities to 2100000***, that should, hopefully, fix this for most people. ?

Install after the main one, it overwrites the json's.

Let me know if something doesn't work.

Think you need to re-run your FNIS/Nemesis after updating from the previous conversions - and definitely run it if you're installing the for the first time.

DD to OAR_the big bundle_FOMOD_v2.7z DD to OAR high priority fix.7z

Edited by krzp
46 minutes ago, krzp said:

So, by popular demand, here's a big update for the OAR conversion.

So I'm not using this yet. Just to clarify if I want to install this I only need to install OAR and nothing else? It plays nicely with FNIS in that it lets FNIS handle the animations OAR doesn't deal with? Are there any other requirements to install other than OAR and this patch?

25 minutes ago, serranna said:

So I'm not using this yet. Just to clarify if I want to install this I only need to install OAR and nothing else? It plays nicely with FNIS in that it lets FNIS handle the animations OAR doesn't deal with? Are there any other requirements to install other than OAR and this patch?

You can try this easily, it takes barely a minute - just install OAR and this (make sure it overwrites some files in DD though), re-run FNIS so it de-registeres the movement animations, and go play. FNIS/Nemesis will still take care of all the other ones as intended, yup. And if you don't like it for some reason, just de-install (i assume you have a mod manager) and re-run FNIS again, so it'll be back to stock. ?

If you don't have any other animations with OAR, then you won't need the priority fix, btw. 

You can always try this on a save you don't worry about too much at first.

14 hours ago, krzp said:

Let me know if something doesn't work.

I made sure to run FNIS after installation. For normal walking forward, it looks like the blindfolded walking is being used. See screenshot inside spoiler.

This happens with and without the "high priority" patch.

Spoiler

20230911105010_1.jpg.b5489ee9d5aba0f6a91a789f5e33ca39.jpg

EDIT: I do use FNIS Sexy Move. I saw this post from @krzp a few days ago. Is FNIS Sexy Move incompatible with the DD-to-OAR conversion?

On 9/1/2023 at 12:54 PM, krzp said:

Well, after speaking with @zarantha on discord, I've returned to the idea that I've talked about some time earlier, about the soft dependencies. DD kept a compatibility with FNIS sexy move, which I'd assume, is used only by pure old-school connoisseurs at this point, in the DAR age

Edited by Herowynne
2 hours ago, Herowynne said:

I made sure to run FNIS after installation. For normal walking forward, it looks like the blindfolded walking is being used. See screenshot inside spoiler.

I've made it so that animation should only trigger if you've got something with the 11B1A (devious_blindfold or something like that) keyword equipped, otherwise it shouldn't be picked up ? Could you check your OAR menu (shift + O by default), go into the Devious Devices Conversion to OAR 2.0, target your character (you can enter 14 into the upper left corner, or just do it with skyrim's console), and in inspect mode, check the conditions for the 100301 folder (that's blindfolded folder). If it has the red X against the condition for the blindfold and yet the animation still plays, that'll be unexpected ?

Maybe you've got a phantom blindfold script stuck there somewhere?

Does the idle play, or is it only the movements?

I mean, OAR is a as simple as a hammer - game wants to play mt_walkforward, then:

you got a blindfold -> play mt_walkforward from the 100301 folder

you don't have it -> play vanilla mt_walkforward

2 hours ago, Herowynne said:

EDIT: I do use FNIS Sexy Move. I saw this post from @krzp a few days ago. Is FNIS Sexy Move incompatible with the DD-to-OAR conversion?

I've talked about removing the ResetExternalAA function from the movement script here and did that, but my logic was simple - we aren't setting any AA's with DD anymore, so no need to reset them either.

What happens if you turn off SM's animations and turn the vanilla animations back on, does it change anything?

There could be an incompatibility, but it would make DD's animations NOT play - for example if FNIS SM sends a differently named animation, so OAR can't replace it

Not the other way around ?

P.S. By the way, there's OAR Sexy move for the same idea and way less scripts ?

1 hour ago, krzp said:

What happens if you turn off SM's animations and turn the vanilla animations back on, does it change anything?

I created a new profile in MO2 without FNIS Sexy Move, and using the DD-to-OAR conversion, started a new game, and everything appears to be working okay.

I do not see the blindfold animation when I am not wearing a blindfold, so that is working correctly.

I tested armbinder, hobble dress, yoke, blindfold, and the DD animations all work okay.

So it seems like there is an incompatibility between FNIS Sexy Move and the DD-to-OAR conversion.

I like the DD-to-OAR conversion, so I will simply drop FNIS Sexy Move from my load order. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Herowynne said:

So it seems like there is an incompatibility between FNIS Sexy Move and the DD-to-OAR conversion.

I use this too. Doesn't this mod allow for the character to not always have their back facing the camera when moving? Can OAR handle that? I wouldn't want to lose that feature.

13 minutes ago, serranna said:

I use this too. Doesn't this mod allow for the character to not always have their back facing the camera when moving? Can OAR handle that? I wouldn't want to lose that feature.

Yes, 360 movement is a feature of FNIS Sexy Move, but I haven’t used that feature in a long time.

Instead, I use True Directional Movement, which is far superior:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51614

7 hours ago, Herowynne said:

I've actually went it and installed an old copy of FNIS Sexy move and gave it a shot, because I've no idea how could it do what it did on your install - and couldn't reproduce it.

There is an incompatibility, as I've expected, but the OTHER way around - if I activated any of the sexy walks, FNIS SM actually sent out a fnis_sm8_walkforward (or something of the sort) for walking, which, naturally wasn't picked up by OAR (as it expects a regular mt_walkforward), and thus it never did replace any of the movements.

What I would suggest is to try loading up that save, and check the presence of a wayward zad_DeviousBlindfold keyword somewhere on your character (perhaps a script got stuck? there was a blindfold that was prone to do that for me, iirc, Red Custom or something like that?), as OAR shouldn't touch the blindfold folder without it ?

It should look like this if you've got nothing on:

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-09-12011232.png.63924e7ac17d4a36914c46639ec43687.png

And, while i can't rule that out completely, but FNIS SM somehow reaching into OAR and grabbing one of those animations seems highly unlikely.

But hey, sometimes it just works?

55 minutes ago, serranna said:

If you're looking for 360 camera, this is the only mod that I'd recommend to use in 2023:

True Directional Movement

if you're looking for Movement Replacers replicating SM:

OAR Sexy Move

Same functions, almost zero scripts!

If you want to still use FNIS Sexy Move - the OAR conversion isn't the right choice, probably. ? You could patch it yourself, by copying over all mt_animations with FNIS SM names to be replaced correctly when present, but that's a... unnecessary ton of work, imo. Or adjust the scripts of SM so it reverts to vanilla in the presence of equipped DD's. 

(isn't FNIS SM not compatible with DD anyways without some obscure patch?)

Edited by krzp
11 minutes ago, serranna said:

The 360 camera was the most important thing I didn't want to lose, but I'm gonna give both of those a try when I install OAR probably on my next day off work.

Oh, you're in for a treat with TDM ? Try SmoothCam too, if you don't have it, it pairs well with 360 movement, and instantly makes Skyrim look like a semi-modern game ?

12 hours ago, krzp said:

What I would suggest is to try loading up that save, and check the presence of a wayward zad_DeviousBlindfold keyword somewhere on your character (perhaps a script got stuck? there was a blindfold that was prone to do that for me, iirc, Red Custom or something like that?),

No, I don't think that was the issue. That was a new character in the LAL Alternate Start prison cell.

Anyway, I have been looking for a reason to drop FNIS Sexy Move, so I am good with that.

After dropping it, my FNIS animation CTD percentage went from over 100% down to 86% ??

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

After dropping it, my FNIS animation CTD percentage went from over 100% down to 86% ??

Your papyrus will thank you too, if anything, SM is quite taxing from what I remember - it had that weird coin distributing mechanic to randomize animations for npc's, plus, animstates swapping in itself is not a terribly performance friendly thing either. ?

-----

Speaking of old tech, LE's DAR conversion will get some love a little later too.

Won't have all the new cool features of SE, but at least I'll convert a few animation packs that don't rely on randomizing, pack the male animation profile fix and the updated script - stay tuned.

OK so I installed OAR and the animations patch among other things and I have a few questions.

First is the only real issue I have found so far and that is now I suddenly can't move while in third person if I'm in an extreme hobble dress or pet suit. I have to move to first person then zoom back out. Is this a known compatibility issue with any of the mods?

Is there a way to remove specific animations you may not want? I tend to add some lore and roleplaying aspects to certain characters I have and one of them always has to have a blindfold on in order to see (yeah, its complicated). The idle and walking blindfold animations don't really go well with the playthrough.

Is Nemesis worth installing and if so, does it completely replace FNIS, or do I keep them both active?

Overall I like the changes. I'm gonna have to get used to the differences between TDR and SmoothCam over FNIS Sexy move and Customizable Camera, but overall the changes are a net positive. Thanks for the effort you put into it @krzp

2 hours ago, serranna said:

First is the only real issue I have found so far and that is now I suddenly can't move while in third person if I'm in an extreme hobble dress or pet suit. I have to move to first person then zoom back out. Is this a known compatibility issue with any of the mods?

If you had a blindfold equipped, DD had a blindfold mode where it restricts movement in the third person - might be worth checking out? MCM - Devious Devices - Devices - Blindfold mode. I don't think TDM or Smoothcam could be the cause of that (I had this combo for some time, don't remember ever running into something like this)

Is there a way to remove specific animations you may not want? I tend to add some lore and roleplaying aspects to certain characters I have and one of them always has to have a blindfold on in order to see (yeah, its complicated). The idle and walking blindfold animations don't really go well with the playthrough.

Absolutely, it's very easy. Open up OAR menu (shift + O by default), there are some toggles in the upper area, click either User Mode or Author's Mode, click on DD to OAR conversion 2.0, find the 100301 line and turn off the checkbox near it - that should disable the blindfold ones.

100 001 to 100 300 are the base devices animations (probably a good idea to leave those on), 100 301 is the blindfold , and out of stamina idles are 100 500 to 100 600, iirc. Turn them on and off at your convenience - don't forget to click Save, though ?

Is Nemesis worth installing and if so, does it completely replace FNIS, or do I keep them both active?

That depends on if you have any creature-based animations in you setup.

If you do, either stick with FNIS or use them side by side.

If you don't, Nemesis does everything else the same as FNIS + you'll get a few goodies from TDM and some other modern mods.

I've been running on purely Nemesis based setup for a while, even prior to discovering DAR& OAR ?

Overall I like the changes.

? ??

You're welcome!

11 minutes ago, krzp said:

Absolutely, it's very easy. Open up OAR menu (shift + O by default), there are some toggles in the upper area, click either User Mode or Author's Mode, click on DD to OAR conversion 2.0, find the 100301 line and turn off the checkbox near it - that should disable the blindfold ones.

I will give this a try. I actually have this character set up to where she deals with a blindfold effect when *not* wearing one and she has to put one on in order to see. it would be interesting if I could figure out how to just reverse it so the blindfold animation plays when she's not rearing one.

Edit: this would be a bad idea but hilarious to see pretty much every NPC looking like their blindfolded lol

Thanks!

Edited by serranna
3 hours ago, serranna said:

I use Nemesis and FNIS because of creature animations. I would say use Nemesis over FNIS if you dont use creature animations, otherwise it's user choice.
Nemesis has a FNIS ESP so you keep Nemesis active and disable FNIS. You would disable Nemesis, run FNIS/creatures then disable creatures (You'll never touch it again unless you add more creature animations) and FNIS enable Nemesis and run Nemesis. Keep Nemesis checked and you're good to go. Although you may have to troubleshoot but that's how I do it. I also made a seperate output folder for FNIS and Nemesis so they only output to their folder and nothing else. Nemesis is having a complete rewrite/rework so the current one isnt being developed anymore. But neither is FNIS.

Edited by Raine_Hyd
1 hour ago, serranna said:

I actually have this character set up to where she deals with a blindfold effect when *not* wearing one and she has to put one on in order to see. it would be interesting if I could figure out how to just reverse it so the blindfold animation plays when she's not rearing one.

Edit: this would be a bad idea but hilarious to see pretty much every NPC looking like their blindfolded lol

Again, pretty easy. In that 100301 part, find the condition for the blindfold and in author/user mode edit it to say NOT (there's a screenshot I made a few posts up). And to keep this for your character only, put a new condition in IsActorBase -> Skyrim.esm -> 7.

Welcome to the beauty that is OAR. ?

Edited by krzp
On 7/13/2023 at 1:38 AM, krzp said:

These files were hosted in the troubleshooting post for the SE version for some time, but to increase their visibility so more people could test this awesome tech (and so I could link to this post more easily, and don't trouble zarantha if I need to update them again, ahaha), here they are:

DD to DAR/OAR for Skyrim SE

Installation instructions:

Reveal hidden contents

If you didn't have DAR/OAR before, grab them from Nexus. If you did have it installed, check what animations you've got and their priorities, DD's pack has to have the highest priority (largest number) - it's fairly high now (100 000), but I know some animators tend to set theirs priorities in the millions range, so this is worth a check (I use DAR Explorer but a manual check could also work, and if you are on OAR, you can do this straight from it's MCM).

Install the file I've attached, making sure it overwrites regular DD - so all the files in it are winning against what you've had before (in MO2 that means installing them lower in them mod panel).

Backup your FNIS output prior. Re-run FNIS, so it stops looking for the movement animations to let DAR handle them (you'll also get about a 1000 more free FNIS animations spots, which is nice)

Activate both DAR/OAR and DD to DAR thing and play the game normally.

To uninstall this, delete both DAR/OAR and DD to DAR, and restore your fnis output (or just re-run it again without them, so it picks everything back up).

Be sure to grab the awesome swimming add-on made by @iivanvv.

And if you're up to it - help me test the newest version of the edited movement script, from my experience it runs better than the one I've included with the conversion. ?

Have fun.

P.S. Send the love to @Roggvir for coming up with the idea, I'm mostly standing on the shoulders of giants here ✌️

DD to OAR_the big conversion_FOMOD.7z 10.27 MB · 276 downloads DD to DAR_the big conversion_FOMOD.7z 12.34 MB · 113 downloads

Legend