Centaur in the works, fully functional (update 04.05.2017 - nexus link pg 1)

XcOm04au

Thanks, it never occurred to me to change those settings to edit those things.

here's a interesting fact: when i work on a wolf animation i need to do that to the "Canine_Head" node so i can move the eyes forward a bit to where they should be (because they start out behind the eye sockets)

Thanks, it never occurred to me to change those settings to edit those things.

here's a interesting fact: when i work on a wolf animation i need to do that to the "Canine_Head" node so i can move the eyes forward a bit to where they should be (because they start out behind the eye sockets)

Apparently by the end of the month there MAY be an alpha release for us to test :)

I must say that, since I've not posted any images and only one half assed video, I'm a little surprised so many people are following this mod.  News: the skywind team member who's been teaching me things, just sent me an update to his nif importer/exporter.  He says that with it, my ragdoll problems should be fixed.  So, I'm going to take a break from animations and check out the ragdoll stuff. Hopefully, the ragdoll stuff won't take me very long to work out.

I must say that, since I've not posted any images and only one half assed video, I'm a little surprised so many people are following this mod.  News: the skywind team member who's been teaching me things, just sent me an update to his nif importer/exporter.  He says that with it, my ragdoll problems should be fixed.  So, I'm going to take a break from animations and check out the ragdoll stuff. Hopefully, the ragdoll stuff won't take me very long to work out.

Look how far this has come, I remember when that first request thread was made and you attempted back then

Yeah, I don't give up easily.  I actually released a resource mod that had a fully functioning enemy version of the centaur.  But I hated them, they were ugly and were really just mounted reklings that I'd tweaked a ton. This is so much better.  I was just looking (in game) at the 1h animations I've already made and they are actually pretty good.  At some point I will have to work on the 1st person stuff, but I figure, since people are more likely to want to play as a centaur, they'll want to be in 3rd person view.  Thus, I'm focusing on that right now.

Yeah, I don't give up easily.  I actually released a resource mod that had a fully functioning enemy version of the centaur.  But I hated them, they were ugly and were really just mounted reklings that I'd tweaked a ton. This is so much better.  I was just looking (in game) at the 1h animations I've already made and they are actually pretty good.  At some point I will have to work on the 1st person stuff, but I figure, since people are more likely to want to play as a centaur, they'll want to be in 3rd person view.  Thus, I'm focusing on that right now.

Oh yes, I cannot wait to make a Lykaios taur or a khajiit taur

Oh that makes sense.  Well, I've come to the sneak animations and boy are they hard to do.  I went from 10 animations a day to 1 so far today.  I'm almost done with the second one, but something went wrong on export and the animation became all jacked up in max(it was mostly all right in the CK, but it had an odd extra repeat motion at the end.  When I went back into 3ds max to check on the animation, it was all messed up for some reason.  So, I'll have to start it over again - pain in the ass.

Okay, well, I've managed to make another sneak animation(leaves only 6 more of those for the 1h animations) and a total of 47 more 1h animations to complete for the alpha release.  I also rigged a Grahl mesh, it looks awesome.  Not sure what mod that is going to be for, spike is doing it for someone else, I think.  Rigged an octopus not that long ago and have done some work on the whales. As you can see, I keep busy.  One thing I think I should note.  When the alpha is released, we will be uploading it on the nexus, I hope that won't be an issue for anyone.

Okay, well, I've managed to make another sneak animation(leaves only 6 more of those for the 1h animations) and a total of 47 more 1h animations to complete for the alpha release.  I also rigged a Grahl mesh, it looks awesome.  Not sure what mod that is going to be for, spike is doing it for someone else, I think.  Rigged an octopus not that long ago and have done some work on the whales. As you can see, I keep busy.  One thing I think I should note.  When the alpha is released, we will be uploading it on the nexus, I hope that won't be an issue for anyone.

Bloody amazing, keep it up! This will be a tremendous day for Skyrim modding when the first completely custom creature is released.

No problems, I will link it on the main page of this thread on page 1.

Archived