Centaur in the works, fully functional (update 04.05.2017 - nexus link pg 1)

XcOm04au

I was wondering, is it possible to import human animations for the top half and import horse animations and stitch together or is that too simple?

I guess you missed that several posts back.  That is how I'm currently making the centaur animations.  It's still got a lot of editing to do to each animation and then there is the fact that some animations don't have a corresponding horse animation.

ah OK, yeah i missed that, soz. I guess there is no way around it, you have to do it manually :(

Only in that after I merge the animations together, I have to edit them some.  And then of course there are the animations that have no corresponding horse animation - for example the sneak animations.

Well, it's going slowly because I've been focused on the centaurs.  But we are talking to some voice actors to possibly do the lines so the Tsaesci quest can be made.  Also, I've done some more work on their tails.  In fact, figuring out how to make their tails animate is how I learned what I needed to get started on the centaur project.

Okay all update time.  I just finished making all the one hand animations.  I have to clean up about 30 of them(I hadn't learned about the way to lift the npc com bone until those were made).  Hopefully, this means that the alpha release of the mod will be in about a week or so.

Update, I've cleaned about half of the one hand animations.  There is an issue that spike has pointed out that I will be digging into over the next day or so(hopefully I'll have it solved that quickly).  It seems for some reason when the centaur runs it is in slow motion.  I'm not sure what I've done to cause this, if any experts out there know what I've done, I'd love to hear it.  Otherwise I will have to dig into the animations until I figure out what the cause is. On the good news front, Spike has already gotten through most of the face morphs(if not all of them by now) and has come up with some pretty good racial abilities for the centaurs.

Although I am sure you guys are fast working on the centaur, how ever as a community exercise, people, think of some racial abilities that might suite a centaur, give you reasons why when giving examples;

[name of racial ability] - [what the racial ability is] - reason why you think it would be a good idea

It seems for some reason when the centaur runs it is in slow motion.  I'm not sure what I've done to cause this,

maybe it's the frame rate settings?

attachicon.giffsscr000.jpg

is it playing slow in 3DS Max?

No, it plays normal speed in 3ds max.  But I'll check the frame rate settings to see if that has anything to do with it.

Although I am sure you guys are fast working on the centaur, how ever as a community exercise, people, think of some racial abilities that might suite a centaur, give you reasons why when giving examples;

[name of racial ability] - [what the racial ability is] - reason why you think it would be a good idea

Spikes already made the 3 racial abilities, Equine Heart, Stampede of Spirit, Ancestral Blessing. The first increases health and regeneration, the second allows them to summon a stampede of spirit horses, and the last allows them to temporarily increase their strength.  While we already have them working, it still might be good to hear what the community would think are good racial abilities for the centaurs.

Maybe slow motion is caused by in what framerate you have animated your centaur? My wild guess. In Blender if you set up improper framerate  that doesn't match object movement well, you can see in rendered animation your objects move in slow motion or they move too fast. In general it's the best to animate in 60 framerate.

I believe that's the strength one.  Not 100% sure though.  I've got the frame rate set the same as all the other animations I've made and they all play at the normal speed.  I think it might have something to do with the fact that I shortened the human half's animation to better fit with the horse half on the runs.  Because the npc root node and the npc com node have animations that extend beyond the new custom end point.  I've got a few ideas on how to fix this.

Archived