Centaur in the works, fully functional (update 04.05.2017 - nexus link pg 1)

XcOm04au

Glad you liked it. Merry Christmas. Still, like wishnot4 said we'll need more animators to help speed up the process along. Hard to find animators but best we can do for now is ask in as many places as possible and hope for the best.

finding animators is easy "hello", the problem is finding animators that are not already buried under there own projects "good bye".

then there is the possible problems with software compatibility and work styles when working with other animators.

That is true, which is why we are not herrassing any of the animators, like yourself, about joining.  We just have it posted that if any animators are interested, they can contact us.  It is unfortunate that animators are such an over worked breed.  With so few of them, they are always bombard with projects.

Also it doesn't help that some people may do outstanding animations in other software than Skyrim requires. It takes a lot of time to learn completely new 3D modeling/animating software. For example, in my case it took me 1,5 year to learn Blender, but I feel I still don't use more than 20-40% of its abilities, more or less.

Merry Christmas! I've made some head way on the animations.  Now I have, MT idle, MT walk forward, MT run forward, 1h sprint attack, 1h right and left attack, 1h idle, 1h equip, 1h run forward.  I'm going to focus on the 1h stuff for the next little while.  Spike and I hope to use them to make a better showcase of our race.

Well, I've run into a little snag and I haven't been able to find an answer yet.  I made a 1h equip animation and for some reason, the weapon doesn't draw.  It plays the animation perfectly, but the sword stays in the sheath.  Is there something special I'm supposed to do to equip animations to make them work properly?

Well, I've run into a little snag and I haven't been able to find an answer yet.  I made a 1h equip animation and for some reason, the weapon doesn't draw.  It plays the animation perfectly, but the sword stays in the sheath.  Is there something special I'm supposed to do to equip animations to make them work properly?

i'm talking out of my ass here, but maybe you need to add notes or something in the dope sheet to make the weapon switch to the hands weapon node.

i know jack shit about the dope sheet, all i know is "start -name animationnamehere -at y" and "end".

That is a good idea and I thought about that too.  But since I actually imported the equip animation, I don't know why it wouldn't have already had that. But maybe because of the way I merged it with the horse animation, the note track, might not be aligned right.  I'll check it out.  Thanks for the idea.

Okay, first, the notes don't seem to be there for the equip animations, and without them there for the vanilla animations, I have no idea how to go about adding them to my custom animations.  On another front, I've been working on getting the ragdoll to fucntion(with the animating skeleton.hkx the ragdoll does not work).  But the new skeleton.hkx now does give ragdoll on death, but it breaks all animations(the centaurs are now back to standing in the T-pose).  I have no idea what I've done wrong.  I'm certain I have done something wrong, but what, I've got no clue. Unfortunately, I have to get the ragdoll to work, otherwise when the (both PC and NPC) die the game crashes.  I think it has something to do with the alignment issue.  For some reason, even though I'm doing the align to bone trick, the HCT export keeps telling me that none(and I mean none) of the ragdolls are aligned.  I have to assume from this, that that is the issue to the skeletons failing in game. So, any thoughts?

Okay, looks like I may have some good news all.  I finally got in touch with the skywind expert and he said that I needed to reexport the nif skeleton.  I know, how could I not have seen something so simple.  Anyway, the ragdoll is mostly working now and it's animating again.  I have a lot of tweaking to make it work the way it was working, but I'm pretty sure that it's just some minor issues and I'll be able to get back to animating.  Wish me luck.

Archived