-snip-

Yeah, that is exactly why I'm not really interested in doing it. Sorry, but I don't really like it.

I prefer my beast races to be, well, beasts, rather than just reskinned humans with extra appendages like tails or whatever. I'll take a regular Suthay Khajiit (aka the ones in Skyrim, aka the default furries) or a Lykaios over a Dagi-Raht or an Ohmes-Raht any time, and same applies to any other anthro races, Sharkmer included (though if it's between human-headed beast races and regular humans, then I prefer the former).

I agree with you wholeheartedly there. A beast race with a human face is just...ICKY to me. Really it rises the question, "If you wanted a human face on your character, why don't you just play..well..a human race, instead of putting one on the beasts?"

Looks cool but reminds me more of a wingless gargoyle or a demon than a shark. The skin also looks slimy like a salamander than shark skin.

Definitely need to try and add tail collision with objects and the ground. Also have it at an angle instead of downwards to the ground for my project. That's always been an eye sore. It will also prevent tail parts sinking into the butt cheeks.

I'm curious as to who is downloading the feet mesh? There are 7 downloads. Are you downloading it multiple times after messing with it as you said or are other people planning to use it for something?

I only downloaded it once, and another one is from BadDog, but I don't know about the other 5. Maybe it's just people that are following progress on the mod and want to check out how the mesh looks (I have to admit I would do the same). I don't think any of those that downloaded it intend to use it or anything like that, though if they do, please let us know.

Did some research on some of the best 3D model painting tools like MudBox, BodyPaint 3D, and Substance Painter.  Finally came to the conclusion that Substance Painter 2.0 in combination with Photoshop is the best currently available. I also already have Substance Designer  and B2M3 which comes with Substance live which should add some extra improvements. I've really only used B2M3 so far.

If I do make the head textures, then I might as well make the rest of the body textures too so I can get my feet wet. And considering that my khajiit model was one of my first, I don't think I'll do all that bad with the texturing.

What I intend to do for my Unreal Engine project is a texture fantasy theme similar to that of the new Final Fantasy XV so nothing too realistic like the Daz Studios scanned skin.

Did some research on some of the best 3D model painting tools like MudBox, BodyPaint 3D, and Substance Painter.  Finally came to the conclusion that Substance Painter 2.0 in combination with Photoshop is the best currently available. I also already have Substance Designer  and B2M3 which comes with Substance live which should add some extra improvements. I've really only used B2M3 so far.

If I do make the head textures, then I might as well make the rest of the body textures too so I can get my feet wet. And considering that my khajiit model was one of my first, I don't think I'll do all that bad with the texturing.

Oh, wow. That Substance Painter thing looks amazing. Probably too advanced for me (and also expensive as hell, I presume), but I see all the amazing stuff that could come out of it when in the hands of someone with talent and skills (you, for example  :D).

If you were to create the body textures as well as the head ones, you would be doing me a huge favour. As I've said many times before, my skills are very limited. The best I could get was to blend the original Fair Skin Complexion with the original Sharkmer textures (which were basically a grey canvas with white on the right places, along the lines of the "cartoony" look the author intended). But having some specifically-made textures, and even created with such professional tools, well, that would be awesome. I'm sure a more realistic look could be achieved (as realistic as anthropomorphic sharks can get, that is  :P).

More like talent and just being a picky perfectionist. I still gotta learn the skills. :P I'm still very much a beginner in this line of work.

Indi License prices.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/indie

Not really all that expensive compared to others and you can get free access to textures from Substance Source and Substance share (all their software) if you go with the $20 dollar subscription route. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

So I've made an edit to the schlong textures...

post-62699-0-06797100-1481262009_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-23847500-1481262051_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-16055800-1481262074_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-31488200-1481262090_thumb.png

While perhaps not a realistic look, I have seen images with that sort of coloration - though obviously not photos of actual sharks. It doesn't look too impressive just looking at the textures, and it may be too dark depending on what skin(Scale?) color is chosen, especially if using RaceMenu. 

Also, this is either the beginning of a good story, or a joke. Maybe a bit of both?

post-62699-0-35788700-1481262233_thumb.png

So I've made an edit to the schlong textures...

BleakCoast1.png BleakCoast2_Azura.png BleakCoast3.png BleakCoast_Closeup.png

While perhaps not a realistic look, I have seen images with that sort of coloration - though obviously not photos of actual sharks. It doesn't look too impressive just looking at the textures, and it may be too dark depending on what skin(Scale?) color is chosen, especially if using RaceMenu.

Okay, I have to say I can't really see the pics (stupid phone screen!), so I would have to wait until I can check them out in my PC, but if I got it right you have painted the schlong black, right? Huh, can't say I'm not interested in it. By all means, if you don't mind, post the modified textures here and I'll take a look at integrating them into the mod, at least as an option. I will probably wait for Nightro's feet to be done before I update the mod, but it shouldn't take that much time for it to happen, so there's that.

Also I'm curious about this thing you say about having seen that coloration somewhere "but not in pics of actual sharks". I think I already know what you mean (:P), but I may be wrong. Care to elaborate and/or provide links if possible?

Also, your character looks pretty good. Nice work there :D.

Okay, I have to say I can't really see the pics (stupid phone screen!), so I would have to wait until I can check them out in my PC, but if I got it right you have painted the schlong black, right? Huh, can't say I'm not interested in it. By all means, if you don't mind, post the modified textures here and I'll take a look at integrating them into the mod, at least as an option. I will probably wait for Nightro's feet to be done before I update the mod, but it shouldn't take that much time for it to happen, so there's that.

Also I'm curious about this thing you say about having seen that coloration somewhere "but not in pics of actual sharks". I think I already know what you mean ( :P), but I may be wrong. Care to elaborate and/or provide links if possible?

Also, your character looks pretty good. Nice work there :D.

I've done both the male and female textures, though I haven't checked out the males in-game. 

Sharkmer_BlackSchlongs.7z

It's exactly what you may be thinking. Sarki, Kittydee(more grey than black), yaxzuree(Horse?), ben300(only the tip for this one) - also have this on my main menu for the Sharkmer Profile. 

Also, thanks. Started with Mako for a name, then changed it slightly to Maka. Which lead me to think of Soul Eater(a series I own but haven't finished yet), and I'm using the Shadow Spell package mod, and perhaps adding Immersive Weapons for a Scythe I know it adds, though I have no idea where I can get it - or the Bound Armory Extravaganza mod, which might add a spell for a Bound Scythe. 

I've done both the male and female textures, though I haven't checked out the males in-game.

Sharkmer_BlackSchlongs.7z

It's exactly what you may be thinking. Sarki, Kittydee(more grey than black), yaxzuree(Horse?), ben300(only the tip for this one) - also have this on my main menu for the Sharkmer Profile.

Also, thanks. Started with Mako for a name, then changed it slightly to Maka. Which lead me to think of Soul Eater(a series I own but haven't finished yet), and I'm using the Shadow Spell package mod, and perhaps adding Immersive Weapons for a Scythe I know it adds, though I have no idea where I can get it - or the Bound Armory Extravaganza mod, which might add a spell for a Bound Scythe.

Neat! As I said, I'll check it out when I get to my PC. Also those pics as well, lol :P. Thank you for contributing to the mod, I appreciate it.

EDIT: Yeah, that's definitely going into the mod as an optional download. Some of the darker skintones may make it go a little too black, but still. Thank you very much for it!  :lol:

Also I'm digging those pics you linked. I'm not going to make another "BRB, gotta fap" joke (once was enough, lol  :P), but nevertheless they are pretty nice to look at.

BTW, those feet/paws from the Kittydee pic look a lot like Nightro's custom Sharkmer feet (sans the claws and the ankle fin, though), which is nice. In fact that feet color design with the white area not only limited to the sole itself but also climbing up a bit on the sides looks pretty good IMO. Nevermind, I didn't think this through (thank you, sleep deprivation, lol). Anyway, Nightro's feet look way better that those, at least IMO. If you want to see how they are looking, just check my next post below.

Edited by Blaze69

BTW, those feet/paws from the Kittydee pic look a lot like Nightro's custom Sharkmer feet (sans the claws and the ankle fin, though)

Really? I don't think so. Mine is also partly webbed, some part bony, others puffy and has 3 toes. That one just looks like the standard furry paw deign you can see plenty of on a shark anthro. Well.. to be exact, it's not mine, just a slightly modified version from that other picture.

Really? I don't think so. Mine is also partly webbed, some part bony, others puffy and has 3 toes. That one just looks like the standard furry paw deign you can see plenty of on a shark anthro. Well.. to be exact, it's not mine, just a slightly modified version from that other picture.

Well, now that you mention it, yeah, you are right. I should have worded that better; I hear you on that sleep thing, skipping or going short on it (as I just did) makes your brain malfunction pretty hard, like it happened to me with this, lol :lol:. It was supposed to mean as in overall digitigrade config, not in detail like toes or such. It was just in case somebody wanted to have an idea on how the feet will look, so they could have a rough reference.

Please don't take it the wrong way, your feet are way better than that  :sleepy:.

Speaking of which, BadDog has already started working on getting the feet working ingame, and while he's said it will take him some time to be done with it, he already has a low-poly mesh with the WIP normals applied. This is the WIP pic he sent me:

So, there's that. Just let BD take all the time he needs to do his Skyrim mesh magic, and I'm sure it will look amazing when it's finished. :lol:

Also, I was testing Kuroyami's schlong retexture and I ended up taking some pics of it using Halo's Beach Poser, so if you are interested in checking out how it looks, I posted the pics in the Futa Content Thread here.

Edited by Blaze69

Do you know if he got started on that other foot mesh? I'm sure he probably tweaked that one as he liked, but My v1.1 and human models should be done within another weeks time. Finished the leg, re-editing the paw pads like the one in the picture and the foot. Also need to change the six-pack formation and make a better crotch.  The last two requirement require me to finish the human model first because I will merge down certain mesh parts from one model over the other so they are the same.

http://terrilewis1.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Zoo-Tiger-Foot.jpg

https://gyazo.com/94ddaafb9645eae6a89ee1ec03d0c1e1

https://gyazo.com/97bd66195221df85ea5963340e540a4a

EDIT:

I don't know about that dick though. Looks kind of like leather or a black dildo. Using an actual shark cock model wouldn't be all that great a decision though. So wouldn't one like a whale or dolphin work better?

Fore example, you can use Bad Dog's current dog sheath/cock, retexture the fur area and scale it bigger. Or go the extra mile and change the shape of the dick and longer so it's more worm like without changing the poly count.

Do you know if he got started on that other foot mesh? I'm sure he probably tweaked that one as he liked, but My v1.1 and human models should be done within another weeks time. Finished the leg, re-editing the paw pads like the one in the picture and the foot. Also need to change the six-pack formation and make a better crotch.  The last two requirement require me to finish the human model first because I will merge down certain mesh parts from one model over the other so they are the same.

http://terrilewis1.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Zoo-Tiger-Foot.jpg

https://gyazo.com/94ddaafb9645eae6a89ee1ec03d0c1e1

https://gyazo.com/97bd66195221df85ea5963340e540a4a

Well, I got no info on that, but as far as I know, he was going to wait for your v1.1 to start working on integrating them into Yiffy Age. You could always ask him either in the YA thread or via PM.

I don't know about that dick though. Looks kind of like leather or a black dildo. Using an actual shark cock model wouldn't be all that great a decision though. So wouldn't one like a whale or dolphin work better?

Fore example, you can use Bad Dog's current dog sheath/cock, retexture the fur area and scale it bigger. Or go the extra mile and change the shape of the dick and longer so it's more worm like without changing the poly count.

Yeah, well, Kuroyami had to make do with the human schlong (which doesn't leave much room for variation and improvement), so I guess it's as good as it can get. Still, you know what, that thing may work, though there are some caveats, at least for females.

BadDog's schlong is fit to the UNP body, and while it can be used with CBBE as-is despite the gaps/seams, a CBBE-specific version would need to be created. Plan B would be to offer the custom schlong for UNP only and leave the CBBE version with the human one, which wouldn't be an issue for me 'cause I use UNP, but I'm not sure if CBBE users would be okay with it  :s. Also UNP users would be missing the UUNP compatibility; UNP's groin shape is shared by many other UNP-derivative bodies, and BadDog made the mesh actually sink into the body and not blend 100% into the surface, so there is room for compatibility, but still, the more the better.

Anyway, I will have to look further into this, I may be able to get something that works. So stay tuned but don't keep your hopes up.

Edited by Blaze69

That's fine, I use UNP too : )    But don't use this mod though. I might once I finish the heads and textures for you. Although I havn't been playing at all for a while now. I want to see if I can get my own bodies and maybe some armor into the game before I continue. I've only really spent 3 days worth into the game at the longest before starting over with new mods. Who knows, if HDT works on SSE by that time, I might continue there on a more stable game as well as make better use of my hardware since it's 64-bit.

That's fine, I use UNP too : )    But don't use this mod though. I might once I finish the heads and textures for you. Although I havn't been playing at all for a while now. I want to see if I can get my own bodies and maybe some armor into the game before I continue.

Oh, good to hear you intend to play with this race. Also great that thing about getting your bodies ingame; as good as releasing them as resources may be, your best bet to see them in the game is to port them yourself. Good luck with that, and remember: I'm here to help if you have any doubt I could help you with  :D.

Also, I've taken a look at what you suggested, and turns out it was possible, somewhat. This is the result so far:

So, that's how males look. Of course it could be improved, for example by tweaking the schlong mesh to be more like a whale's or a dolphin's as you suggested, but so far I think it's good enough.

The problem would be females, because I have no way of creating the matching normal maps, so that means there would be a very blatant seam between the body and the schlong. Worst case scenario, I could pack BadDog's schlong for males with the main mod replacing the human male one and then offer the current human one for females as optional downloads (just like it's set up right now), but I would like to have females be able to keep BD's one as well. I'll have to see if there is any way to create the required normal map. Maybe EvilReflex can help with that, since he created all of the seamless schlong textures that exist.

Still, if it requires advanced modeling/texturing skills or anything like that, I probably won't be able to make them :s . We'll see.

The problem would be females, because I have no way of creating the matching normal maps, so that means there would be a very blatant seam between the body and the schlong. Worst case scenario, I could pack BadDog's schlong for males with the main mod replacing the human male one and then offer the current human one for females as optional downloads (just like it's set up right now), but I would like to have females be able to keep BD's one as well. I'll have to see if there is any way to create the required normal map. Maybe EvilReflex can help with that, since he created all of the seamless schlong textures that exist.

Still, if it requires advanced modeling/texturing skills or anything like that, I probably won't be able to make them :s . We'll see.

And it turns out it wasn't that hard, lol.  :lol: Forget about this^, females are done as well. They are not 100% seamless, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Check it out by yourselves  :P:

Huge thanks to EvilReflex for pointing me in the right direction! Things are looking way better now. I'm still not an expert or anything, not even close, but at last I can make some useful stuff. Yay!  :D

That's fine, I use UNP too : )    But don't use this mod though. I might once I finish the heads and textures for you. Although I havn't been playing at all for a while now. I want to see if I can get my own bodies and maybe some armor into the game before I continue.

Oh, good to hear you intend to play with this race. Also great that thing about getting your bodies ingame; as good as releasing them as resources may be, your best bet to see them in the game is to port them yourself. Good luck with that, and remember: I'm here to help if you have any doubt I could help you with  :D.

Lol releasing them as a modders resource is what I meant by getting them in game. It's likely the the author of All-in-One Animated Pussy is going to work on it when I'm finished with my final models and he will likely see if he can use the digitigrade skeleton for the khajiit. This person has way more skill with Skyrim Body modding than I do.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54739-all-in-one-hdt-animated-pussy/page-157?do=findComment&comment=1745181

I will try to get the armor in myself though. If I learn anything from that, I may try to get the bodies in myself if it's not being worked on. Either way for sure, I will try and make my own Khajiit textures.

Some more of this character...

I guess Kuroyami really likes kuroi skin with shiroi tats. Then there are those blood shot eyes and dilated eyes. Was your character high on skooma when taking those pics lol? Anyway, cool skin textures.
Huh, I don't know if you know that, but those eyes are not dilated, they are the default ones. There is an eye shape option that makes the pupil look like a vertical slit instead of a big circle, but the circle is the default one. As for the color, they are not bloodshot, they are just red. There are a lot of different colors for eyes, I'll give that to AyRoflLmao.

Now you have another example of why I would like to have edited Argonian heads instead of the current ones; I would like a more realistic look (though as I said I like them enough to have made this, so there's that :P.)

Also great looking char, Kuroyami, though I think I've said that already :D.

Some more of this character...

I guess Kuroyami really likes kuroi skin with shiroi tats. Then there are those blood shot eyes and dilated eyes. Was your character high on skooma when taking those pics lol? Anyway, cool skin textures.
Huh, I don't know if you know that, but those eyes are not dilated, they are the default ones. There is an eye shape option that makes the pupil look like a vertical slit instead of a big circle, but the circle is the default one. As for the color, they are not bloodshot, they are just red. There are a lot of different colors for eyes, I'll give that to AyRoflLmao.

Lol, I know all that. The textures are fine and no insult intended. I was just making a joke based on the characteristics of the textures.

Well, now that you mention it, yeah, you are right. I should have worded that better; I hear you on that sleep thing, skipping or going short on it (as I just did) makes your brain malfunction pretty hard, like it happened to me with this, lol :lol:. It was supposed to mean as in overall digitigrade config, not in detail like toes or such. It was just in case somebody wanted to have an idea on how the feet will look, so they could have a rough reference.

Please don't take it the wrong way, your feet are way better than that  :sleepy:.

Speaking of which, BadDog has already started working on getting the feet working ingame, and while he's said it will take him some time to be done with it, he already has a low-poly mesh with the WIP normals applied. This is the WIP pic he sent me:

attachicon.gifSharkmer_Feet_WIP.jpg

So, there's that. Just let BD take all the time he needs to do his Skyrim mesh magic, and I'm sure it will look amazing when it's finished. :lol:

Also, I was testing Kuroyami's schlong retexture and I ended up taking some pics of it using Halo's Beach Poser, so if you are interested in checking out how it looks, I posted the pics in the Futa Content Thread here.

Shouldn't he be generating normal maps based on the "plantigrade" variant before the skeletal transform? Otherwise lighting will be inconsistent between the feet and body.