What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

ok here is a request i think people can get behind on or at least get a kick from it. I am trying to find out how to convert a song i love a great deal to use in SSE for combat with dragons only. can anyone help me with this? the song i want to use is called "The Light - by disturbed". i feel motivated when ever i hear this song play and it helps me a great deal while i am going through a tough time right now. if anyone can help with this for SSE combat i would GREATLY appreciate the help, and if need be i can send the song to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Been fiddling around withe bodyslide program but it only applies to the characters when they have nothing equipped, I'm looking for a cloths & armor mod that is compatible with Bodyslide, in the meanwhile I found this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9234/? which makes everyone either normal or super voluptuous (which isn't a bad compromise) but I have my own body shape data and the mod I found uses its own body shape data and to change it I would have to edit each one manually. So looking for armor and cloths that can either be edited with sliders with bodyslide or cloths/armor that reads from bodyslide data.

thanks

How are people creating ground objects for Skyrim SE (the items you see in the smithing menu and when items are dropped on the ground)?

I have a catch all mod that I add all of my armors to. If a ground object didn't exist I was able to create one in five minutes using nifskope. The problem I'm having now is that the new Skyrim SE meshes move the vertex data for the armor _0 and _1 objects to BSDismemberSkinInstance / NiSkinPartition, so I am no longer able to simply delete those elements without losing the vertex data.

Is there any utility out there to generate the ground objects? Or to switch the Skyrim SE mesh to an oldrim mesh so I can do the conversion there and re-optimize for Skyrim SE?

• 2 weeks later...

There's no "easy way" to go from SSE to SLE mesh. The only method to pull that off that I'm aware of is:

• Load Outfit Studio for SSE
  • Load the SSE mesh into Outfit Studio
  • Export to an OBJ
  • Load Outfit Studio for SLE
  • Import the OBJ to Outfit Studio for SLE
  • Export to a nif. Now you should have an SLE nif that you can do what you want with. Albeit there's no bone weights, textures, etc. It's just the bare shape. For my following section we'll call this new.nif.

I used this method so I could create the convex hull for the physics in NifSkope because I had a crappy time trying to pull it off with 3DS. Note that NifSkope doesn't allow making the convex hull in a nif version for SSE. You can however copy the hull shape into a nif destined for SSE.

I further followed these steps:

• Find a vanilla SSE ground object nif of the material type I was dealing with (ie cloth/metal/leather). Everything I was dealing with was armors.
  • Copy that file to a temp folder for editing. We'll call this file tmp.nif.
  • Load tmp.nif in NifSkope.
  • Also ensure new.nif is loaded in another NifSkope window.
  • Delete the physics shape that tmp.nif has but leave the rest of the branch.
  • Copy over convex hull from new.nif into tmp.nif.
  • Reassign the node to the physics branch as needed.
  • Copy any other mesh shapes into tmp.nif as needed. This is usually already converted BSTriShapes not old format NiTriShapes. Delete any that are not needed. The actual rendered meshes.
  • Fix any messed up texture paths and such.

That's pretty much it. I wrote this all from memory so there might be a step or two missing that I'm forgetting off hand. But that should get you in the right direction.

I had experimented with using 3DS Max and the figment NifTools plugin to export a ground nif. It usually just caused a CTD. Usually it was screwed up stuff on the physics node. There was too much post export work required in NifSkope that I found my above mentioned procedure to be faster for me. For some items I needed a simple box so I just made a plain box shape in 3DS and exported to nif. Then used the previously mentioned method to create the convex hull (which made the box shaped physics hull).

To clarify for those who might be reading and don't get it.

SSE - Skyrim Special Edition

SLE - Skyrim Legendary Edition (aka oldrim).

I used this armor replacer in Oldrim:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?

I really liked it but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in SSE. It says it requires HDT (even if you don't enable the physics) which is a problem because of the whole SKSE fiasco. Regardless I tried it anyway and the body is deformed and stuck in the default arms-out pose.

I tried a few alternatives but don't really like any of them; none of them are customizable with BodySlide which is what I really liked about the one I used before. Does anyone have any recommendations or preferably a workaround to use the old mod in SSE? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I can suggest you TMB Vanilla Armors and Clothes made by Robton (download from his site)

These armors are for old Skyrim but I use them also in SSE and everything works fine!

Hi,

I know this is an old post, I tried in SSE the skimpy version that works fine, but when I tried the vanilla version I noticed the vampire boots are not showing properly. Anyone seeing the same problem?

I can suggest you TMB Vanilla Armors and Clothes made by Robton (download from his site)

These armors are for old Skyrim but I use them also in SSE and everything works fine!

Hi,

I know this is an old post, I tried in SSE the skimpy version that works fine, but when I tried the vanilla version I noticed the vampire boots are not showing properly. Anyone seeing the same problem?

Hi, the vampire boots are fine in my game.

Have you converted all the meshes with "SSE NIF Optimizer" ?

Hi,

Hi, the vampire boots are fine in my game.

Have you converted all the meshes with "SSE NIF Optimizer" ?

No I just installed them. Strange thing that the vanilla version of vampire armor is not working while the skimpy version is fine.

I haven't tried to convert oldrim to SSE as I don't have experience and afraid of ruining the game. But I will try to learn. Thanks :)

I haven't tried to convert oldrim to SSE as I don't have experience and afraid of ruining the game. But I will try to learn. Thanks :)

SSE NIF Optimizer is one of the simplest programs to use and believe me, I'm not at all a modding expert ;)

All you have to do is :

1. Download the program here : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089/?

2. Extract the folder in your desktop or where you want

3. Move the nif. files in the same folder where you see "SSE NIF Optimizer .exe", open the program, click Optimize, move the converted nifs in their original folder.

( ie. for the vampire boots, go to Data / meshes / dlc01 / clothes / vampire, do what I told you in step 3 and now everything should be OK )

SSE NIF Optimizer is one of the simplest programs to use and believe me, I'm not at all a modding expert ;)

All you have to do is :

1. Download the program here : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089/?

2. Extract the folder in your desktop or where you want

3. Move the nif. files in the same folder where you see "SSE NIF Optimizer .exe", open the program, click Optimize, move the converted nifs in their original folder.

( ie. for the vampire boots, go to Data / meshes / dlc01 / clothes / vampire, do what I told you in step 3 and now everything should be OK )

Thank you! As I'm only interested in royal vampire armor, so I extracted and converted the respective nif files from the mod and pasted in game directory folder (Data / meshes / dlc01 / clothes / vampire), and now it works fine!

I think it should be alright if I don't put the TMB's esp. file as I already overwrite the files manually?

• 5 weeks later...

Would it be possible for someone to port Velina Velaire or Victoria Veline to Skyrim SE ?

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/59974/?

I think the original designer is not active anymore, as Veline Velaire (which is called Victoria Veline in the files) never came out of "beta".

I tried myself, yet I'm no modder...so I ended up with a floating head (incl. the right hair) with warpaint instead of tatoo, and a sword,

but yet no body (no torso, hands, feet).

Also the dialogues and custom voice didn't seem to work...

So any help would be very appriciated.

I made a full conversion for myself (not easy!) and it is attached. Another copy is here:

http://www.filedropper.com/victoriavelinafullseconversion

I was using CBBE at the time so she might be in a CBBE body.

It was virus clean when I posted, but do run a checker over the file.

This is for you - please don't share it out.  I don't know why this wonderful mod was abandoned. She's one of my favourites.

I think you may need to find and add the Lustmord armour yourself. That worked but needed the meshes optimised and the Esp converted to 44.

Let me know how you get on - a pm will be fine!

I was going to make a request and here I see it's already been done! Thank you for doing that, it seems to work fine for me. :)