SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

Mod Conflict / Bug Report using KyneBlessing20210531 or Version d2021.6.6 and possibly Requiem - Classic Alchemy Overhaul

Harvesting Creep Clusters does not get PC infected with living armor or any parasite; Instead a Debug Message pops up: [SD] get Keyword by String unknown generic keyword chaurus queen armor

I am using Requiem - Classic Alchemy Overhaul which changes the amount of harvestable ingredients gained. This may be the cause of this, but the infection did work using Requiem - CAO and an older version of this mod d2020.5.20.0 (before the rewrite maye?). <- NOT critique, I don't know coding; just putting this out there to help everyone understand possible mod conflicts or bugs.. I don't have any other mods that I know of that would change harvestable ingredients which is why I am pinpointing this problem that way

Edited by Plorats
2 hours ago, damaskos said:

Now everything is able to infect player with spriggan stuff. Is this intentional?

Even when turned to 0% it always shows that message in top left corner.

Nevermind - I finally got a chance to do more testing and I see I missed some more debug messages.

I will have another hotfix out soon.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

Hi, I started doing the "The Chaurus Queen and The Brood Maiden" quest and now I need to lure a chaurus stud with pheromones, but here's the problem : when I use the pheromones a message pops up saying "chaurus stud is too powerful for chaurus pheromones" and the stud is still aggessive, so I lowered his level with commands, used pheromones again and now he's turning around all confused and doing nothing. I tried to lure him first to lastelle and then using the pheromones : same result. and of course lastelle says absolutely nothing besides "yes ?" "hmm ?" "need something ?". so if you could tell me what I'm doing wrong or give me a command to manually go to the next part of the quest, I'd be thankful. :kiss:

Edit : I found the command

setstage _SLP_QST_QueenOfChaurus 59
Edited by tardifry

Hey hey, I seem to have unable to get info on a problem I'm experiencing. At the last objective on Chapter 2 Kyne's Blessing, Danica doesn't seem to want to proceed with the ritual.

I've spoken to her and I've been motioned to follow her into the Sanctuary, but when I entered she got yeeted off to Riften (Used player.moveto to figure out where she went after not seeing her in the Sanctuary) and now she keeps walking back to the temple whenever I TP her into the Sanctuary. I've absolute zero clue on what to do to get her to get on with the ritual.

Using SE btw

I'm stuck on stage 280 of the _SLP_Qst_QueenofChaurus and I have no idea how to progress since I don't know the quest stages :( Danica won't do the ritual even after I moveto player'd her into the underground Sanctuary.

Edit: The quest randomly progressed ?

Edited by htszu
Nevermind

I'm stuck as well, at stage 355 - the tentacles appear at intervals, but no mask. Tried getting a facehugger, no luck

(SSE by the way, build of 2021-04-10, will try updating and see if that fixes anything)

Edited by Ar4chnid
23 minutes ago, Ar4chnid said:

I'm stuck as well, at stage 355 - the tentacles appear at intervals, but no mask. Tried getting a facehugger, no luck

(SSE by the way, build of 2021-04-10, will try updating and see if that fixes anything)

The mask is optional.. it is not supposed to appear at regular intervals.

Can you share a screenshot of your quest Journal?

15 hours ago, htszu said:

I'm stuck on stage 280 of the _SLP_Qst_QueenofChaurus and I have no idea how to progress since I don't know the quest stages :( Danica won't do the ritual even after I moveto player'd her into the underground Sanctuary.

Randomly progressed? What did you do? Did you keep moving her to the Sanctuary?

Edit: It would seem that whenever I get the ingredients for the ritual and go through the dialogue, she motions me to follow her into Sanctuary but then walks off to somewhere around Riften. Wtf? 

Edit 2; Okay so after talking with her I moveto player'd her to the Sanctuary again and happened to get her into the position where the trigger is. Praise Kyne, the struggle is over

Edited by ShiftyV
1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Basically what happens is occasionally, I get the cramps message, Chaurus Queen Skin is equipped, later on the "tentacles retract", and it disappears again.

ScreenShot18.png

1 hour ago, ShiftyV said:

Randomly progressed? What did you do? Did you keep moving her to the Sanctuary?

Edit: It would seem that whenever I get the ingredients for the ritual and go through the dialogue, she motions me to follow her into Sanctuary but then walks off to somewhere around Riften. Wtf? 

Edit 2; Okay so after talking with her I moveto player'd her to the Sanctuary again and happened to get her into the position where the trigger is. Praise Kyne, the struggle is over

I am thinking of better fixes for the current issues with random events and pheromones.

About the issue with Danica, that should be improved in the latest LE version. There is no SE conversion available for that version yet.

44 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I am thinking of better fixes for the current issues with random events and pheromones.

About the issue with Danica, that should be improved in the latest LE version. There is no SE conversion available for that version yet.

It's all good, was just utterly confused as to what was going wrong. I don't plan on updating my mod list any time soon due to everything breaking when I update a mod :')

On different note; holy shit this mod and quest is fantastic. I didn't think I'd ever find such a great nsfw quest experience. All the praise to your dedication and hard work

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

4 hours ago, Ar4chnid said:

Basically what happens is occasionally, I get the cramps message, Chaurus Queen Skin is equipped, later on the "tentacles retract", and it disappears again.

ScreenShot18.png

Update: I updated the mod, went and got boned by a Chaurus, now I have the spells to add/remove the armour and mask.

Quest can now proceed. Happy days!

On 6/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, htszu said:

Now I'm on stage 310 which requires to brew a spider pheromone potion + find a spider to mate with. I've done that, had spider eggs left in my character, but I don't have another progression in the quest? :( I'll wait some more and hope it randomly clicks in like stage 280 did.

Edit: just forcibly progressed the stagequest to 320 using console :/ I think if you enable god mode but dont disable it the effects wont happen

Edited by htszu
On 6/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, Ironeater said:

question, does any one else have chorus brood randomly show up when you fast travel?  I make sure to use the brood dismiss spell but ever so often ill fast travel to whiterun and then their are some friendly chorus there with me and they start attacking guards and the like 

I had that happen today; I thought it was 'working as intended'.  The Chauruses (Chaurii?) killed Belethor and someone else, too.

Using SE and Kyne's Blessing version 2021-04-10.

Just curious, just ended the Chaurus queen's life, is that basically the end of the mod (ignoring going and talking to Danica about her death)? Or is there actually a use for the spider variant of that power?

Also, bug encountered, tried to get the chaurus mask, the power was never given to me, had to console force it in.

Chaurus queen question:

1) the acid absorption? spell:  is that some sort of recharge spell for the acid spray spell?

2) not strictly C.Q but - I noticed that when i enter combat, - charus are auto summoned.  I love that...  can you make any mode recommendations that would allow along these lines:
         a) make them super horny, so after combat - the blessing was, "queen is in danger" protect..  the "curse " is:  hive is endanger, mate with queen
         b) I know EC+ allows for npcs to be impregnated. any ideas how to send forth my hive and have them seek out mates in non combat prob a spell, not auto)
         c)  some sort of need mechanic , where idk- the "infection" i have essentially forces me to once a month return to brooding grounds, get preggo, and 2-3 days later deliver a new clutch?

3)  I very much loved the quest too, and the books...  keep kicking ass!    but if i follow the "mechanics" correctly...  If i wanted to "cheat"  
           a) - MCM menu to unlock C.Q items/become C.Q then --->
            b)   mate with a chaurus to get the spells added

4)  I kind of get the feeling that one can be both preggo with EC+ and preggo with SLP?

5) kind of an idea vs question but - suppose you could summon chaurus both as a defense mechanism, but could also summon them- tell them to roam the wild freely, reproducing, killing, - you know, chaurus things...  and just kind of randomly during your travels, you find your chaurus, or evidence of it (say an egg sac next to a dead victim), or you find alot of hatchlings scurrying around.. i guess "grand kids" of yours..  sometimes you find evidence that towns have been fighting a bug problem..  /shrug, just an idea..

anyway, thanks again!

tell what i'm doing wrong
I have slif and this mod. Slif if above in load order. For some reason 
1) bodyparts don't change when parasites are equipped (belly at least; tested with worms and spider eggs)
2) slif does not see this mod .-. Can't figure out why

4 hours ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

Chaurus queen question:

1) the acid absorption? spell:  is that some sort of recharge spell for the acid spray spell?

Not recharge spell for acid spray... but a healing spell for yourself.

2) not strictly C.Q but - I noticed that when i enter combat, - charus are auto summoned.  I love that...  can you make any mode recommendations that would allow along these lines:
         a) make them super horny, so after combat - the blessing was, "queen is in danger" protect..  the "curse " is:  hive is endanger, mate with queen
         b) I know EC+ allows for npcs to be impregnated. any ideas how to send forth my hive and have them seek out mates in non combat prob a spell, not auto)
         c)  some sort of need mechanic , where idk- the "infection" i have essentially forces me to once a month return to brooding grounds, get preggo, and 2-3 days later deliver a new clutch?

EC+ infection works with the chaurus brood. They already spit at NPCs and trigger tentacle attacks and infections.

Dialogues (with SD+) already allows Chaurus to randomly jump you. I can add that effect to Parasites (I can't remember if I already did or not)

3)  I very much loved the quest too, and the books...  keep kicking ass!    but if i follow the "mechanics" correctly...  If i wanted to "cheat"  
           a) - MCM menu to unlock C.Q items/become C.Q then --->
            b)   mate with a chaurus to get the spells added

I wouldn't recommend it. Using MCM to fast track the spells will skip some important quest stages and probably break the mod.

Use the MCM checkbox for the queen powers only to test them. Not for game play.

4)  I kind of get the feeling that one can be both preggo with EC+ and preggo with SLP?

Yes.. two different mechanisms and two Lore explanations too.

My goal is to have the queen produce eggs regularly once the quest is over,

Spoiler

Eggs from EC+ are already formed and inserted inside you by the Tentacles.

Eggs from Parasites are produced by the Queen herself.

Also note that Parasites can trigger an Egg pregnancy from EC+ if it is installed.

5) kind of an idea vs question but - suppose you could summon chaurus both as a defense mechanism, but could also summon them- tell them to roam the wild freely, reproducing, killing, - you know, chaurus things...  and just kind of randomly during your travels, you find your chaurus, or evidence of it (say an egg sac next to a dead victim), or you find alot of hatchlings scurrying around.. i guess "grand kids" of yours..  sometimes you find evidence that towns have been fighting a bug problem..  /shrug, just an idea..

People are already experiencing issues with chaurus spawning on fast travel and causing havok.

I would rather work on fixing that than add more chance for the chaurus to break things :)

The egg sacs and random victims are a good idea. It would work in a similar way as the random encounters if I had more time to make this work.

On 6/10/2021 at 8:24 PM, htszu said:

Now I'm on stage 310 which requires to brew a spider pheromone potion + find a spider to mate with. I've done that, had spider eggs left in my character, but I don't have another progression in the quest? :( I'll wait some more and hope it randomly clicks in like stage 280 did.

Edit: just forcibly progressed the stagequest to 320 using console :/ I think if you enable god mode but dont disable it the effects wont happen

I'm also stuck on stage 310. My character has made the spider pheromones and used them with multiple spiders. Went into Chillwind Depths and had a go with those spiders. She got filled with spider eggs, and had them removed after a few more sexual encounters with the spiders, but the quest refuses to advance on its own. By the way, I've had to use matchmaker to get the spiders to have sex with my character. The pheromones do nothing but calm them. They don't automatically have sex with my character after she uses the pheromones.