SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

Hey'al.  I've come acros a point where i can't do anything anymore.  Not sure if this was because i just updated mid play, or if theres something else going on.

In the middle of the charues queen questling,  Just been in to the Dimentional Rift, had the dialogs and picked up the Tonal Key to put in the device under the sun you shout at.

Last time i did the questline some time ago everything was fine.  However now when i leave the Dimensional Rift, TAB to bring up menu doesnt work. cant open invetory, cant open J to see log.  Cant load so have to alt F4 to reload.  I used TGM and TCL to get over to the tonal box, but i intereaction dialogs dont appear to open the container to put the key in, cant open any door's to enter in the buildings there either.

Only thing's i can do is open my quick aces  for shouts and equeipments

40 minutes ago, LatencyRemix said:

Hey'al.  I've come acros a point where i can't do anything anymore.  Not sure if this was because i just updated mid play, or if theres something else going on.

In the middle of the charues queen questling,  Just been in to the Dimentional Rift, had the dialogs and picked up the Tonal Key to put in the device under the sun you shout at.

Last time i did the questline some time ago everything was fine.  However now when i leave the Dimensional Rift, TAB to bring up menu doesnt work. cant open invetory, cant open J to see log.  Cant load so have to alt F4 to reload.  I used TGM and TCL to get over to the tonal box, but i intereaction dialogs dont appear to open the container to put the key in, cant open any door's to enter in the buildings there either.

Only thing's i can do is open my quick aces  for shouts and equeipments

It is a game engine bug that makes the game think you are in combat when you are not anymore.

If that happens to you, just save and reload. That should clear things right up.

The main symptom of this issue is the Load option being greyed out.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

@DeepBlueFrog I know, it is a miracle in itself, to code flawlessly. But you did some of them with your ideas and mixing your mods, ideas and storylines... Now there are many strings to attach and it looks, that some of your mods are less stable as before. I have serious problems with your "Parasite mod" (Kynareth's Blessing). Not with the coding or storyline, but with "messing" with "Hormones", "SLIF" or bodymorphes... The playerchar will "grow" in HEIGHT also (and this looks not good). After some sexual encounters the char will grow step for step into a giant, such messing with lots of animations.

Couldn't found a workaround for this, only disabling the parasite mod is helping (not changing other settings or mods the playerchar will not grow in Height).

Sorry for adding to your stress to give us the best mods, possible.

Have fun in modding, too ?

P.S.: The problem with "height-changing" startet with the last two versions (including your newest one)

Edited by xwhiteninjax

question, does any one else have chorus brood randomly show up when you fast travel?  I make sure to use the brood dismiss spell but ever so often ill fast travel to whiterun and then their are some friendly chorus there with me and they start attacking guards and the like 

Noticing some unusual things that I think need to be looked at because it has made the experience pretty unenjoyable:

1. Got infected by the hip hugger. The top left screen keeps counting down every 2 seconds "chance of infection -100, chance of infection -99, etc." I'm already infected and the countdown is extremely annoying and there's no way to disable it in the MCM.

2. The "call of the wild" applied by the spriggan infection doesn't seem to work right. Everytime I approach an animal i'm told I'm too powerful to be infected but the animals attack other people. (I don't know if this is related to this mod, or just a vanilla thing that this mod interacts with, but this is a new message appearing on my screen. I should also probably mention I got this notification on a new file that was only level 20.)

3. Tried to visit greybeards regarding spriggan infection but they have nothing to say on the topic at all.

4. Every person I talk to has a "pray to kyne" option that doesn't seem to do anything ever, and there's no way to disable it.

6 hours ago, xwhiteninjax said:

@DeepBlueFrog I know, it is a miracle in itself, to code flawlessly. But you did some of them with your ideas and mixing your mods, ideas and storylines... Now there are many strings to attach and it looks, that some of your mods are less stable as before. I have serious problems with your "Parasite mod" (Kynareth's Blessing). Not with the coding or storyline, but with "messing" with "Hormones", "SLIF" or bodymorphes... The playerchar will "grow" in HEIGHT also (and this looks not good). After some sexual encounters the char will grow step for step into a giant, such messing with lots of animations.

Couldn't found a workaround for this, only disabling the parasite mod is helping (not changing other settings or mods the playerchar will not grow in Height).

Sorry for adding to your stress to give us the best mods, possible.

Have fun in modding, too ?

P.S.: The problem with "height-changing" startet with the last two versions (including your newest one)

Unfortunately, issues from interactions with mods like SLIF or bodymorphs are unavoidable since I am not using these mods myself and I reply on code and testing done by others.... but we will get there are fix these issues in the end.

I have no idea how height could be affected. I do have a function in Hormones to change height but I never used it.

6 hours ago, Ironeater said:

question, does any one else have chorus brood randomly show up when you fast travel?  I make sure to use the brood dismiss spell but ever so often ill fast travel to whiterun and then their are some friendly chorus there with me and they start attacking guards and the like 

That is something I wasn't able to reproduce unfortunately. I don't know why it is happening.

16 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Noticing some unusual things that I think need to be looked at because it has made the experience pretty unenjoyable:

1. Got infected by the hip hugger. The top left screen keeps counting down every 2 seconds "chance of infection -100, chance of infection -99, etc." I'm already infected and the countdown is extremely annoying and there's no way to disable it in the MCM.

2. The "call of the wild" applied by the spriggan infection doesn't seem to work right. Everytime I approach an animal i'm told I'm too powerful to be infected but the animals attack other people. (I don't know if this is related to this mod, or just a vanilla thing that this mod interacts with, but this is a new message appearing on my screen. I should also probably mention I got this notification on a new file that was only level 20.)

3. Tried to visit greybeards regarding spriggan infection but they have nothing to say on the topic at all.

4. Every person I talk to has a "pray to kyne" option that doesn't seem to do anything ever, and there's no way to disable it.

The debug message and "pray to Kyne" are bugs I will try to fix with a patch tonight. Thanks for reporting them.

The Greybeards have no dialogue about Kyne yet, but there is a book inside High Hrothgar that has a clue to what to do next.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
29 minutes ago, Aki K said:

About that issue.. can you share a screenshot of that message about being too powerful?

I probably missed something. Like I said in the post about the release, I didn't have time to fully test all aspects of the Spriggan parasite. Some of these things will need tweaking.

I tried out the latest version last night (before the hotfix), but I think I'm gonna have to roll back to the previous version, as the latest spriggan spells do not play nicely with follower management mods (specifically Nether's Follower Framework for me).

Basically what happened is that my character got a spriggan hand infection, which means that every time my character is attacked, there's a chance it will unleash some kind of calm/fear spell that effects every NPC and animal within range (even after I removed the spriggan hands in the MCM).

Unfortunately this spell really screws up the sandboxing/AI of the followers, as they'll start to wander on their own, or not be detected as followers (eg. when sneaking, I am "detected" by my followers, and the pickpocket prompt appears when facing them).

I'm not sure if/when this can be fixed to work with follower management mods, as they all use different method. But I figured this is a good warning for anyone who wants to use this while also using follower management mods. 

2 minutes ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

I tried out the latest version last night (before the hotfix), but I think I'm gonna have to roll back to the previous version, as the latest spriggan spells do not play nicely with follower management mods (specifically Nether's Follower Framework for me).

Basically what happened is that my character got a spriggan hand infection, which means that every time my character is attacked, there's a chance it will unleash some kind of calm/fear spell that effects every NPC and animal within range (even after I removed the spriggan hands in the MCM).

Unfortunately this spell really screws up the sandboxing/AI of the followers, as they'll start to wander on their own, or not be detected as followers (eg. when sneaking, I am "detected" by my followers, and the pickpocket prompt appears when facing them).

I'm not sure if/when this can be fixed to work with follower management mods, as they all use different method. But I figured this is a good warning for anyone who wants to use this while also using follower management mods. 

I can think of a few ways to fix this with a new patch:

- I can add conditions to the calming effect and make sure it only affects creatures (It should already but apparently, it is not)

- Add a menu option to manually clear the spriggan infection itself as an emergency measure

If you can hold off a little bit, I can post a new update in a couple of hours at most.

13 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I can think of a few ways to fix this with a new patch:

- I can add conditions to the calming effect and make sure it only affects creatures (It should already but apparently, it is not)

- Add a menu option to manually clear the spriggan infection itself as an emergency measure

If you can hold off a little bit, I can post a new update in a couple of hours at most.

Thanks, good to know that it'll be easier to fix than I thought.

On another note, I previously had the living armor infection that I removed, but I still keep getting the "protective slime"/electricity spells go off every now and then when my character is hit. It's not super game-breaking as it's just a minor protection spell that goes away shortly, and I set the chances of living armor/tentacles to 0%  so i don't get re-infected.

Is it still possible to remove these spells from happening, or is this baked into the save at this point, as the infection/removal happened several hours of playthrough ago?

Edited by zelayasrevenge301
26 minutes ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Thanks, good to know that it'll be easier to fix than I thought.

On another note, I previously had the living armor infection that I removed, but I still keep getting the "protective slime"/electricity spells go off every now and then when my character is hit. It's not super game-breaking as it's just a minor protection spell that goes away shortly, and I set the chances of living armor/tentacles to 0%  so i don't get re-infected.

Is it still possible to remove these spells from happening, or is this baked into the save at this point, as the infection/removal happened several hours of playthrough ago?

That is a bug I need to investigate.

There is a function that should force clear these effects after sleeping overnight in-game. 

1 hour ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Does overnight mean a full 24 hours? I use iNeed, so I usually make my character sleep 6-8 hours each day anyways.

Overnight means past midnight.

49 minutes ago, HermausMoron said:

Just downloaded the latest version, but have run into a problem. Half of the parasitic gear is invisible. Do I need to run Bodyslide for these? Because I can't find them.

Are you using SE by any chance?

The latest version and hotfixes are for LE only for now.

If not, then it is possible I messed something up with the BSA.

I will take another look tomorrow.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
8 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Overnight means past midnight.

Are you using SE by any chance?

The latest version and hotfixes are for LE only for now.

If not, then it is possible I messed something up with the BSA.

I will take another look tomorrow.

No, I'm using LE.

28 minutes ago, oh why god said:

small question are the alt parasites assets for cbbe

Yes. I am using CBBE for my tests so that's what they are by default. You can use the same folder and file name structure to replace them by meshes for other body types.

22 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

About that issue.. can you share a screenshot of that message about being too powerful?

I probably missed something. Like I said in the post about the release, I didn't have time to fully test all aspects of the Spriggan parasite. Some of these things will need tweaking.

Ok. Here's 2 pics. You can see in the upper left corner. One occurred at infection and the other happens whenever an animal is near my character or another Spriggan.

In addition, curing the spriggan infection via MCM does not remove certain spells including this call of the wild thing. Have not done the full spriggan quest yet to see if the story method works. Still learning the requirements. EDIT: Can confirm that no matter how the spriggan infection is cured, the spell effects of spriggan infection remain. I also received another notification after curing the infection and a fast travel that "Spriggan infection failed" suggesting the infection process was still trying to progress after curing.

Gonna go back a save and just turn off spriggan infection for now. But I think that progression line needs a few more MCM safety features. There's no spriggan based effects in my active effects so i don't know how to console command the issue away.

Spoiler

1333494518_Sprigganbug.png.9b03a7ef2723b0e5a047bf8e48b5cb35.png

Spoiler

256877081_Sprigganbug2.png.f5fa7eab9365380c11f0a79dd0f09c53.png

Edit 2: Even after disabling the spriggan items, the infection still tries to go through and progress if a spriggan is encountered.

Vampire drain also seems to be trying to trigger spriggan infection. I was fighting a vampire and got a "spriggan infection failed" notification.

Edited by Aki K
Adding pictures
4 hours ago, Aki K said:

Ok. Here's 2 pics. You can see in the upper left corner. One occurred at infection and the other happens whenever an animal is near my character or another Spriggan.

In addition, curing the spriggan infection via MCM does not remove certain spells including this call of the wild thing. Have not done the full spriggan quest yet to see if the story method works. Still learning the requirements. EDIT: Can confirm that no matter how the spriggan infection is cured, the spell effects of spriggan infection remain. I also received another notification after curing the infection and a fast travel that "Spriggan infection failed" suggesting the infection process was still trying to progress after curing.

Gonna go back a save and just turn off spriggan infection for now. But I think that progression line needs a few more MCM safety features. There's no spriggan based effects in my active effects so i don't know how to console command the issue away.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Edit 2: Even after disabling the spriggan items, the infection still tries to go through and progress if a spriggan is encountered.

Vampire drain also seems to be trying to trigger spriggan infection. I was fighting a vampire and got a "spriggan infection failed" notification.

And you used the latest hotpatch? 20210531b ?

The spell effect runs for 10 minutes, so if you disable the infection, you still have to wait 10 minutes real time for it to clear.

It is possible something is wrong with how it clears up.. maybe it stacks up and never gets fully cleared. I will have to look into that more in depth.

If anyone has a clue about how to improve it, I am all ears.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog