SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

I'm fairly certain it's been addressed somewhere in the thread but, I can't seem to find an answer. Was the issue with Face/Hip huggers being removed with DD keys addressed? I still seem to be able to take the facehugger off with a key. I try not to interact with them because once you take them off that way it won't go back on. I know you can learn how to take them off from Danica, right? Using fire salts or something. I don't get the interaction with them to  use an ingredient. 

On 5/27/2021 at 7:53 PM, Papersword said:

I'm fairly certain it's been addressed somewhere in the thread but, I can't seem to find an answer. Was the issue with Face/Hip huggers being removed with DD keys addressed? I still seem to be able to take the facehugger off with a key. I try not to interact with them because once you take them off that way it won't go back on. I know you can learn how to take them off from Danica, right? Using fire salts or something. I don't get the interaction with them to  use an ingredient. 

I have been trying to lock down the parasites as Devious Devices but I keep missing things.

DD is a fairly complex system when it comes to creating custom 'organic' devices like parasites and it is very easy to get lost in the many messages and options.

1 hour ago, Ironeater said:

how long do the queen stages usually take?  I've been stuck on stage 2 for a few days  the mod menu says I've been on stage 2  for 40 days

In my tests, I am usually reaching stage 3 in under 10 days. 

Stage 4 is reached when you mate with a spider after talking to Danica (and reaching stage 3) and unlock spider powers.

Stage 5 is reached when you become Queen.

Something seems to be causing delays for some people but I don't know what yet,

On 5/25/2021 at 8:52 PM, Mailboxhozers said:

BTW it's not just chaurus that its not working for, spiders also have been having the same issues because when I was forcing the quest steps with setquest everything else seemed to work fine but those two and without the interactions you cant get some of the abilities from both creatures. So its something with both potions that isn't wanting to work properly and show up as effects in the magic menu too. Just something I noticed when I did some messing around on SE.

The next version will have more fixes about the potions. It should be out as soon as possible (next week maybe).

Making progress with the conversion of the Spriggan infection to Parasites.

I added a new full face mask by default as well as enhanced textures.

The old half mask will be added to the Alternate Assets folder.

I am running into an issue with the feet piece. I will disable them as an equipable parasite for now.

I still have a lot of things to do before I can release this version:

- Add and test a trigger for the infection (combat with Spriggans)

- Add and test random events to make the infection progress from hands to full body to face.

- Add and test ways to cure the infection. It will be a chronic infection. You will have ways to reduce the effects and clear the infection to your hands only using a potion for a while. There will be also a way to fully clear the infection.

- Update SD+ to call effects from parasites. Advanced powers like transform in to a full Spriggan will remain in SD+ until I have time to recreate them. The custom Spriggan cave near Kynesgrove will remain in SD+ as well.

72850_20210529135743_1.png

72850_20210529145204_1.png

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I have been trying to lock down the parasites as Devious Devices but I keep missing things.

DD is a fairly complex system when it comes to creating custom 'organic' devices like parasites and it is very easy to get lost in the many messages and options.

Thank you for all the time you put towards this. I know DD is an ungainly beast at the best of times. I did a clean save sweep on Parasites to see if wiping away old ver. data clears up the oddities I have. Just wanted to check if I clearly had a problem in my game; if the issue was definitively fixed.

I got no clue  the queen parasite just up and disappeared out of my inventory mcm still says I'm on sage 2 and 60 days   so I re infected my character with the first stage again through the mcm  curious if I should  just start a new character the quest in my log is still talking about finding out what happened to Lastia in the cave  and the book I think 

Can't wait to try the Spriggan Infections once it gets added (and ported to SE).
I don't care that much about the other Parasites but the Chaurus Queen and soon the Spriggan Infection are right up my alley.

Some sort of Dragon Infection would be amazing. But running around Skyrim as a bug Monster while spitting acid and shooting Ice Lances at Bandits, Dragons, Animals and other things is pretty damn awesome.

15 hours ago, Ironeater said:

I got no clue  the queen parasite just up and disappeared out of my inventory mcm still says I'm on sage 2 and 60 days   so I re infected my character with the first stage again through the mcm  curious if I should  just start a new character the quest in my log is still talking about finding out what happened to Lastia in the cave  and the book I think 

Can you share a screenshot of your journal?

That stage should have been cleared long before the Kyne Blessing ritual.

here's a SS of the quest tab and the mcm, only thing I can think of is I had completed the quest up to the seed stone with an older version of the mod and updated to the newest version a few weeks ago  I'm guessing ill just have to start a new character but ill give it a few more days I guess 

20210530142442_1.jpg.22f11394b8306d561781d6dc180844e5.jpg

20210530142459_1.jpg.0a8184dba72744262dcfcafaaccfaf42.jpg

4 hours ago, Ironeater said:

here's a SS of the quest tab and the mcm, only thing I can think of is I had completed the quest up to the seed stone with an older version of the mod and updated to the newest version a few weeks ago  I'm guessing ill just have to start a new character but ill give it a few more days I guess 

I guess I need to add more ways to clear up objectives after certain points.

Did you find Lastelle's corpse before talking to Danica about replacing her?

I did fix a potential issue with the random effects once you pass 10 days. That will be part of the next update coming up in a few days.

53 minutes ago, Ironeater said:

its been a few months but I'm pretty sure I went and found the body only thing in cave now is a churos hunter pod, and I prolly should have stated earlier but I play Skyrim SE I know the SE version lags behind a bit of your main release 

That's possible.

The next version will have more fixes in a few days. But you will have to wait until a conversion is made of course.

[Copy from a post in my beta testin gthread]

I will miss today's window for an update of my mods for May, but I am in the final round of testing for the Spriggan parasite and I will wait a few more days before posting an update.

The next target for an update is this coming weekend, June 6th at the most (maybe earlier if I don't run into anything bad).

The Spriggan parasite is functional but more limited than I had hoped to get at this point.

I lost a lot of time troubleshooting crowd control issues to shut down combat if you get infected.

Right now, you can get infected, have the infection grow, and have a way to clear up the infection. 

I will add more effects in coming months. 

For now, I need to finish testing, post an update and move on to the next mods on my list (I am getting sick of testing the same sequences in Parasites again and again).

Edited by DeepBlueFrog

I saw a UUNP conversion way back in this thread, but it appears to be outdated and doesn't have the latest chaurus queen armors.

Are there bodyslide files for the chaurus queen/other armors? I'm trying to convert this to UUNP, but I can't do that as easily without the original CBBE bodyslide files (not the min and max weight armor files, but the actual bodyslide itself). Otherwise if someone can point me to a tutorial for creating a UUNP conversion/how to make bodyslide files to convert, I'd appreciate it. 

Edited by zelayasrevenge301

well started a new character and everything seems to be working.  I'm assuming the fact I'm missing my hands and feet with the Flair up skin  is due to me using the 3BA (3BBB) body, has any one made a patch yet ?

edit:  I've now completed it   and it was great haha  love the acid spit and this will likely make me down load the wing mod finally cuz the little chorus on your back is weird

got some ideas  if  your interested 

how about giving the queen form a  skill tree like werewolf or vampire   for stuff like increasing the armor value  , increase claw damage,  night vision,  unlock canablisim maybe stuff like that 

for unlocking skill points maybe add something like the vampire feed effect but instead your infecting people with chorus parasites or eggs 

or set up lestella's cave as your queens lair/home  web enemies with your spit then drag em back and go full alien hive with them 

just some ideas, im looking forward to the update and the spriggen  stuff

Edited by Ironeater
16 minutes ago, Cloudymodder said:

@DeepBlueFrogThis might be a bit controversial, but whadabout removing DD integration and adding integration for VirginMarie's Toys Framework LE/SE instead? They designed the API to to be specifically modder-friendly so turning parasites into locked clothing should be considerably easier.

In another life maybe.

I am getting severely burnt out whenever I do deep down into the structure of one of my mods... like the rewrite I just did for Parasites in order to add the Spriggan effects.

At this point, I really really want to focus on storytelling and finishing my quests instead of surgery and integration work (and I still have a lot of that coming with testing for DD5 and separating the 'apprentice' quests from Dialogues).

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
8 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

In another life maybe.

I am getting severely burnt out whenever I do deep down into the structure of one of my mods... like the rewrite I just did for Parasites in order to add the Spriggan effects.

At this point, I really really want to focus on storytelling and finishing my quests instead of surgery and integration work (and I still have a lot of that coming with testing for DD5 and separating the 'apprentice' quests from Dialogues).

Just be careful not to overdo it... I have been eagerly awaiting what comes next and what sort of stuff will come up but I hope you do not become so burned out that you drop the mod. I have been interested in what stories come from this and how it will develop over time.

43 minutes ago, LatencyRemix said:

Heya,

Im wondering if you could point me in the direction to look as to where i can edit the new face/hip hugger effect where it equipes alchohol?  Is it as part of a script, or can it be done with edit in TES edit?

AFAIK it is part of the script. Idk bout release version, but github version has it in fct_parasites

some help needed. loving this mod so far so much has changed from last time i used it. 

i have met the queen and have to take the item to the silent city 

this would be the silent city catacombs you enter via a sewage pipe ?

i am in there and there is also the exit i think its called pump house

is the place to close the rift in this cell or do i go further in as cant find where i suppose to place the item and not sure but no quest marker 

Edited by pleasetryme

okay i found it some sort of blue mechanical pumping machine on a ledge etc i saw that before but didnt know what it was until i got close to it

well i freed her and she has landed and there is no more further dialogue.

not sure what happens now anymore danica visits

do i just transform and thats it

also the chaurus breeding spell has the effects but they dont engage with me for some reasons

Edited by pleasetryme
17 hours ago, pleasetryme said:

okay i found it some sort of blue mechanical pumping machine on a ledge etc i saw that before but didnt know what it was until i got close to it

well i freed her and she has landed and there is no more further dialogue.

not sure what happens now anymore danica visits

do i just transform and thats it

also the chaurus breeding spell has the effects but they dont engage with me for some reasons

What to do at this point is up to you.

You can let her live and be transformed halfway.

Or you can kill her and become the new queen (with a new armor and powers for you).

For the quest itself - that's it at this time.

I may revisit it and add a final chapter at some point but it is looking more likely next year, after I move to SE.

I just uploaded a new version with these changes:

RELEASE NOTES for milestone Parasites 2021-05-31

Enhancements:

Bug Fixes:

Note about this version:

I ran out of time and couldn't fully test everything. This version includes both a deep internal rewrite to make the code more modular and a new Spriggan parasite and effect.

There are multiple opportunities for things to go wrong with this version. That said, it also comes with multiple fixes.

I know of a few issues I couldn't fix yet:

- The spriggan pieces can be removed manually apparently. I don't know what's up with that.

- The powers and effects have not yet been fully moved from SD+ (there is no Spriggan attack spell, no pheromone and no transformation into a full spriggan at this stage).

I did test the various ways to cure the parasite.

Also be aware that the Spriggan parasite is a managed permanent condition. There are a few cures that will remove the spriggan roots temporarily (parasite repellent potion and a couple of other ways to discover). The roots will reappear when you get wet from swimming and from rain.

I added a way to get fully cured (two if you count the spriggan grove from SD+ that I left in place and converted over).

I have an already long list of improvements lined up and I will be adding them when I can. 

For now, it is time for me to move on to improving Dialogues and SD+.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:07 AM, Ironeater said:

well started a new character and everything seems to be working.  I'm assuming the fact I'm missing my hands and feet with the Flair up skin  is due to me using the 3BA (3BBB) body, has any one made a patch yet ?

edit:  I've now completed it   and it was great haha  love the acid spit and this will likely make me down load the wing mod finally cuz the little chorus on your back is weird

got some ideas  if  your interested 

how about giving the queen form a  skill tree like werewolf or vampire   for stuff like increasing the armor value  , increase claw damage,  night vision,  unlock canablisim maybe stuff like that 

for unlocking skill points maybe add something like the vampire feed effect but instead your infecting people with chorus parasites or eggs 

or set up lestella's cave as your queens lair/home  web enemies with your spit then drag em back and go full alien hive with them 

just some ideas, im looking forward to the update and the spriggen  stuff

These are all good ideas for expanding the mod later but they are also a lot of work. My priority this year is to finish the main stories of the mods I have first, fix major bugs second and far down the list, add new features like the ones you describe.