SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

10 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

And no new dialogue with Lastelle after that?

The chaurus doesn't to be right next to you.. or even following you for that matter... if the charm effect was successful, that should be enough to trigger the next stage.

Oh shit really? I had no idea. I thought he had to follow me. I loaded back in for the test and it worked. Sorry for wasting your time, big guy. Keep being an absolute unit.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:28 AM, UniP0rn said:

Guys help, scaling (belly/butt/breasts) doesn't work, models and everything else works just fine

were you ever able to fix this? i have tried redownloading racemenu and xpmse and scaling still is not working. i have yet to try a completely clean profile but it was working fine before i updated versions

On 5/13/2021 at 6:06 AM, MikeTM said:

@DeepBlueFrog  In GIT in "Parasites" missing script "QF__SLP_QST_TentacleMonster_096F462E" in quest "_SLP_QST_TentacleMonster"

Thanks for pointing that out!

That explains why the tentacle Monster quest isn't working for anyone.

I will upload a patch as soon as I am done with the rewrite of the internal structure of Parasites.

6 hours ago, Labbman said:

were you ever able to fix this? i have tried redownloading racemenu and xpmse and scaling still is not working. i have yet to try a completely clean profile but it was working fine before i updated versions

Nope, reinstalled almost every mod that might be an issue, didn't help, even more saddening that it used to work before, stopped after I updated most of the mods up to date.

2 hours ago, reaper2014 said:

How do I remove the Living Armor? Playing on SE.

I don't think there is any 'working' game mechanism.  The idea seems to be, as DBF has said in a few posts, to 'role play' the removal, and then use the MCM to disinfect

eg, get the hint/tip from Danica, check a cooking pot to see what you now need to make the 'disinfectant', get the ingredients, cook up the stuff that's supposed to 'poison' the squirmy wormy thingies, drink them (if you want to take the risk), or just drop them so they are 'gone', and then remove the Living Armour using the MCM

Hope that helps

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

I don't think there is any 'working' game mechanism.  The idea seems to be, as DBF has said in a few posts, to 'role play' the removal, and then use the MCM to disinfect

eg, get the hint/tip from Danica, check a cooking pot to see what you now need to make the 'disinfectant', get the ingredients, cook up the stuff that's supposed to 'poison' the squirmy wormy thingies, drink them (if you want to take the risk), or just drop them so they are 'gone', and then remove the Living Armour using the MCM

Hope that helps

In the latest version, asking Danica about removing the Living Armor should have her tell you about a Parasite repellent recipe (available in Cooking stations).

There have been reports that the potion isn't working well though, so this is something I need to look into and fix.

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

In the latest version, asking Danica about removing the Living Armor should have her tell you about a Parasite repellent recipe (available in Cooking stations).

There have been reports that the potion isn't working well though, so this is something I need to look into and fix.

I'll happily add to the reports.  I was surprised my PC wasn't jaundiced, or didn't glow in the dark. after a skinful of the stuff - That was why I thought you suggested the roleplay option.  LOL 

Looking forward to a fix so as to go swimming again... :P

So I tried using the MCM to test the Chaurus queen armor and nothing appears. The MCM doesn't change anything. Is there a requirement I'm not aware of or is this a known issue?

EDIT: Nevermind. I think something was blocking it and I removed the issue.

8 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Thanks for pointing that out!

That explains why the tentacle Monster quest isn't working for anyone.

I will upload a patch as soon as I am done with the rewrite of the internal structure of Parasites.

So there is no quick fix to load into my vortex to fix my tentacle monster quest?  So its a lot more complicated than a easy fix and I'm just talking out my a-- and got to wait.  No serious, good luck with the rewrite of parasite, looking forward to Spriggan infection/quest being apart of parasite. 

Also note on living armor:  for me I tried the 1 repellant potion a day for 5 days, didn't work, then a drank 5 at once...came close on that.  Then I reloaded my game and drank 5 potions again and that worked.  living armor fell off in a sludgy oozy mess onto ground.  

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

So I tried using the MCM to test the Chaurus queen armor and nothing appears. The MCM doesn't change anything. Is there a requirement I'm not aware of or is this a known issue?

EDIT: Nevermind. I think something was blocking it and I removed the issue.

If I may ask, what was causing the block? I am having this issue as well.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:36 AM, donkeywho said:

Just as an aside, or FWIW, while looking at those, does wearing the Living Armour have any weird 'effects' that do can 'something nasty' to mages' behaviour?

Never had this happen before, but when getting the initial Tour of Winterhold College, as soon as my PC enters the Living Quarters, and in LOS or proximity (not sure which) of some of the other inhabitants, those go berserk and there is a major punch up in which Mirabelle always comes off worst, and then bugs out continuously repeating that 'we'll talk after the tour of the grounds is completed' as she wanders around in the living quarters, saying that any time you approach

Oddly enough, the 'college tour' quest does 'complete' when you go for the initial 'ward' training afterwards, but she still seems to be totalled.  It's not beyond possibility that it has something to do with my College located NPC additions from Nexus mods, but other playthroughs with exactly the same crew don't have this happen

@DeepBlueFrog

FWIW, after having removed the Living Armour, I ran through the College Start Scenes again and it ran through the Living Quarters intro scene perfectly, ie, no mad mages engaging in fisticuffs etc, and Mirabelle then led my PC onward to the start of the Tolfdir scene without a hitch

So, not having changed anything else, the probability seems to be that the Living Armour may be casting off effects which some mages might perceive to be evil vibes and auras 

Hope that helps somehow, even if only a little ?

Is there a way to remove parasites from a follower?

In my game Lydia managed to get infected with Spider eggs.

I've looked through the SL Parasites MCM but I did not see anything related to followers.

Am I just missing something that's obvious to everyone else ?? How do I remove the parasites from Lydia?

8 hours ago, jmacks928 said:

Is there a way to remove parasites from a follower?

In my game Lydia managed to get infected with Spider eggs.

I've looked through the SL Parasites MCM but I did not see anything related to followers.

Am I just missing something that's obvious to everyone else ?? How do I remove the parasites from Lydia?

Right now, you have to get yourself infected and learn how to remove them from Danica in order to remove them yourself.

I never got to adding a dialogue to Danica to remove Parasites from a follower. That's a good reminder.

On 5/14/2021 at 12:07 AM, Timbago said:

I'm using LE. If I'm the only guy with the problem then it might be a conflict with something else, but it sounds just like the problem from February. I'll do a totally clean game with just Parasites and go again.

Edit: I started a fresh game with bare minimum requirements and the Stud just stayed on that tiny island turning back and forth after I used the pheromones. (Creature animations are enabled and usable animations for the chaurus are in the game). 

I had this happen as well on Skyrim LE.  I took it as a challenge to complete the quest one way or another.  I finally ended up killing that chaurus and the next one actually followed.  Loaded a save and went back to try this on a different chaurus.  Went more west than the first time and the first chaurus I met just kept attacking me, so I killed it, but the pheromones again worked on the second.

Could be coincidence.

59 minutes ago, Recoilsuave said:

55 parasite repellents later and the living armor still won't come off. Are you sure the parasite repellent works?

It was working initially but something broke along the way and I got delayed with testing it again because of a big rewrite I started this week to prepare for the Spriggan quest.

I am looking into it now and I will add a fix for the next version once I have tested it fully.

I have two questions.

1. How do you unequip the chaurus armors? I have all the chaurus armor powers but can't  seem to deactivate them.

2. Is the chaurus queen parasite suppose to make vampires and skeletons passive?

1 hour ago, jah15 said:

I have two questions.

1. How do you unequip the chaurus armors? I have all the chaurus armor powers but can't  seem to deactivate them.

Use the Chaurus Queen Armor power again to clear it up. It acts as a switch.

1 hour ago, jah15 said:

2. Is the chaurus queen parasite suppose to make vampires and skeletons passive?

Not intentionally. 

The Queen is friendly with Spiders and Chaurus. I should change that to use my own faction instead of the default ones with friends of friends like Falmers or Vampires.

What is the phermone supposed to do to those chaurus studs? I tried dozen times and they never stop attacking and won't follow over he water.

Teleporting them to the crystals didn't work either and advancing only the quest stage with console doesn't seem to do it properly either.

Getting a minor issue with the living armor on the latest version of the mod.

My character got infected with a living armor, then I got it removed (via unequipping/triggering the options to use fire salts). But now even with it removed, I occasionally still get the "protective slime" and shock cloak spells whenever my character gets hit.

I tried resetting Parasites in the MCM, but this didn't solve the issue. Not a huge problem since it's literally just a minor protection spell and nothing game-breaking, but I assume you're not supposed to get these spells when the living armor is removed.

8 minutes ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Getting a minor issue with the living armor on the latest version of the mod.

My character got infected with a living armor, then I got it removed (via unequipping/triggering the options to use fire salts). But now even with it removed, I occasionally still get the "protective slime" and shock cloak spells whenever my character gets hit.

I tried resetting Parasites in the MCM, but this didn't solve the issue. Not a huge problem since it's literally just a minor protection spell and nothing game-breaking, but I assume you're not supposed to get these spells when the living armor is removed.

I have this issue too. The tentacle monster's poison attack is the same way. Even after removing it, the attacks will still fire off after being hit. Not to mention the annoying pop up saying so that pretty much causes me to have to quit the game. It makes it impossible to play with those pop ups happening all the time whenever anything hits your character.

Hi, I'm using the 2021-04-10 version of SL parasites (in case that matters).

I'm stuck on this quest objective:

"Take to tonal key from the corpse and activate the tonal device in Silent City"

I have the tonal key.

What tonal device? Where is it located (don't say "Silent City" - it's not helpful ? - see below).

Where is Silent City? I tried looking it up in the UESP wiki - no results. There's also no map quest marker. Blackreach is huge.

Are there any pointers on how to complete this stage? Please help!

On 2/7/2021 at 9:16 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

No problem.

At that point, you are meant to just go back on doing other quests and let things happen naturally.

There will be two types of effects that will happen randomly, and more and more frequently.

Once both types of effects have happened to you, you will receive a new quest objective.

Don't just use the wait menu to spend time.. that will not work. 

Events will happen as you are going about your business.

I will add this comment to the wiki as well.

Edit: Actually.. I noticed the walkthrough was a little off at that stage. I updated it again. 

So your are saying it is totally random? I am seeing a longer wait time on this  run through.  I also seen someone stating that they had some chaurus show up on creation of  a new character, I did see that but it was with the ver just before the 4-2021 version. also Do you have plans on the character having more control over the spawn chaurus? what I have been seeing is that when you dismiss the brood, there will be a space between any follower and the character just like if the brood was never dismissed, also spawn guard seems to attack anyone at random, and sometimes they just start to attack  people in town for no reason  as well as they will show up when you didn't call them. Just a few thing I have been seeing.

One thing I would love to see, is were the character could go through a process on building a nest and create the egg sacks them selves for the nest, that could be something that wont happen for a while but just a thought and some ideas