SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

15 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

@DeepBlueFrog

So thank you very much

....and stumbles off into the gloom, to try to find out what this new incantation narrative [Pray to Kyne] is all about....  LOL  [EDIT: LMAO...Sorry! I really wish that I hadn't looked that up]

[Pray to Kyne] should be accessible only from select altars.

Out of curiosity, where did you see it appear in your game?

28 minutes ago, halda said:

DBF i know you have not done this but if anyone of the people here have sse files for these mods i would be very thankful  

SSE files for which mods?

If you mean mine, the SE files are all in the first post of my SE conversion thread (link is in my signature).

18 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

[Pray to Kyne] should be accessible only from select altars.

Out of curiosity, where did you see it appear in your game?

Seen first time, after installation of the latest version

In conversation with the shopkeeper in the Dry Goods Store located at The Dunpar Wall Town from the mod: Legendary Cities - Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47989

I'll go back when I can and see what's inside the shop in case there's any clues  ?

22 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Seen first time, after installation of the latest version

In conversation with the shopkeeper in the Dry Goods Store located at The Dunpar Wall Town from the mod: Legendary Cities - Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47989

I'll go back when I can and see what's inside the shop in case there's any clues  ?

Do you see it in conversations with other NPCs?

It should really appear only on specific altars. I will double check the mod.

Edit: Nice mod by the way! I didn't know about it and I will give it a shot.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
Just now, DeepBlueFrog said:

Do you see it in conversations with other NPCs?

It should really appear only on specific altars. I will double check the mod.

I went back to Dunpar Wall and [Pray to Kyne] shows up in conversation with NPCs

There were no altars visible in the Common Store

I tried other TES Arena locations, and the NPCs I checked there had it also

I went to Ivarstead and both Klimmek, on the town street, and inside the inn, Wilhelm the Innkeeper, both from the basic game, also have it

And everyone replies that The Answer is Blowing in The Wind ....  ?

Well, not really...as you can see from the pic, it sounds more as if it's about blowing the windows off their hinges!

Whatever, I hope that helps ....

846990917_TESV2021-06-2718-08-00-16.jpg.0ad1eb24905a7c39962fe270231c0f87.jpg

41 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

I went back to Dunpar Wall and [Pray to Kyne] shows up in conversation with NPCs

There were no altars visible in the Common Store

I tried other TES Arena locations, and the NPCs I checked there had it also

I went to Ivarstead and both Klimmek, on the town street, and inside the inn, Wilhelm the Innkeeper, both from the basic game, also have it

And everyone replies that The Answer is Blowing in The Wind ....  ?

Well, not really...as you can see from the pic, it sounds more as if it's about blowing the windows off their hinges!

Whatever, I hope that helps ....

846990917_TESV2021-06-2718-08-00-16.jpg.0ad1eb24905a7c39962fe270231c0f87.jpg

Are you using version 20210531b ?

That should be fixed in that version already.

If not, the next version had that fixed. I checked again today and only the proper altars can give you that dialogue now.

16 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

SSE files for which mods?

If you mean mine, the SE files are all in the first post of my SE conversion thread (link is in my signature).

the devious series ones i cant find those or im blind

5 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Are you using version 20210531b ?

That should be fixed in that version already.

If not, the next version had that fixed. I checked again today and only the proper altars can give you that dialogue now.

I installed the mod a second time (slightly diff install name) and now find that I have 2 mods with the same name, but differently dated on the esp

The ESP I am using is timestamped 20210606 @ 04.01 from originating download KyneBlessing20210531.7z

The ESP I have just installed, and am not yet using, is timestamped 20210607 @ 03.25 from originating download KyneBlessing20210531b.7z

I think I may have installed the first version as if the suffixed one

I will try again and see if that clears it up.  I'll let you know...

And I think I might just apologise profusely now for probably having cocked it up ?

1 minute ago, donkeywho said:

I installed the mod a second time (slightly diff install name) and now find that I have 2 mods with the same name, but differently dated on the esp

The ESP I am using is timestamped 20210606 @ 04.01 from originating download KyneBlessing20210531.7z

The ESP I have just installed, and am not yet using, is timestamped 20210607 @ 03.25 from originating download KyneBlessing20210531b.7z

I think I may have installed the first version as if the suffixed one

I will try again and see if that clears it up.  I'll let you know...

And I think I might just apologise profusely now for probably having cocked it up ?

No problem... as usual I had to publish a few patches after the last release due to not enough testing on my end.

That probably won't be the last time.

after the first round of hinderence that the chaurus stud not doing anything happened i decided to lay low and let the mod be updated a spell before trying at it again. with the newer updates i felt it was time for another go but now im at the point of the stud is too powerful thing to happen. the description of the chaurus pheremone changed as well as far as i can tell to "enemies and creatures up to level 10 stop fighting for short duration" or something like that. i feel thats the issue as the chaurus pheremone had nothing like that before.....in all honesty i liked how it all worked before. also in other regards having the spriggin infection crashes me even with using mcm to infect myself with both the body and hands. for some reason the mask doesnt. unsure of what that issue is but i might take another hiatus till things get sorted. but as always i love the mod and all the little things it has with it. i didnt test too extensivly as i have some other issues like the tentacles of estrus not having textures again and i cant remember what i did to fix that the first go around. as for now i feel a little sick to my stomache so ill either ramble on or stop myself right here. 

19 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

No problem... as usual I had to publish a few patches after the last release due to not enough testing on my end.

That probably won't be the last time.

Thanks vm.  It was my Boo Boo as the [Pray to Kyne] option has vanished from NPC dialogue.  Sorry for any waste of your time ... :smirk:

BUT .... on an interesting note, I have got the 'lightning cloak' thing back again...  LOL

For Context:  Apart from SLP, I also use Skyrim Chain Beasts, by @MTB (Great mod bringing over the bad capturing beast automata from Oblivion - you should try it sometime if you haven't already.  Great support and v good documentation)

The cloak problem seems to start after getting into battle with these Chain Beasts

I kept a log and there is something odd seems to happen around line 2111 (and maybe also with the spriggan gloves prior initialisation?). 

Is SexLab Parasites 'reacting' to the Chainbeast attack as it would to an 'attack/encounter' by/from a Parasite, but without the actual Parasite then being there to then fully/properly add to the NPC?   And, notwithstanding that, treating it as if a Spriggan thing, with it then carrying forward some of the parasitical effects, such as the lightning cloak? - maybe even also the 'Oak flesh' effect that shows up in my Console and SKSE Active Effects listings, something which I hadn't previously related to SLP? 

I know that I'm merely an amateur, but it looks as if it could be something like that, with the Chainbeast/Spriggan gloves playing a part in it all

FWIW, log attached  210627 SLP Query SCB interaction Line 2111 Papyrus.0.log

EDIT:  Also attached a video of the Chain Beast encounter showing - sorry it's not great quality - and there is a cut/restart about the middle, to remove repetitive info and get it down to postable size 

This shows -

Initial Attack by Chain Beast

Application of Protective Coat of Slime (= Electric Cloak?)

Creature Releasing Surge of Electricity

Repeated Failures of SLP Spriggan Infection

You have been poisoned (at very end - seems to be on death of final Chain Beast)

I've pasted a link to this post on the Chain Beast Thread in case @MTB has anything to offer

Hope this is helpful - even if by now you'd really rather not have seen it! LOL

Edit 2

Thinking of what else you might ask, I also tried setting all the MCM Spriggan Infection Chances at 0.  Then both waiting 24 hours, and also sleeping past midnight.  Under both those sets of circumstances, an attack by the Chain Beasts results in the [SLP] Spriggan Infection - Failed etc messages seen in the video posted.  Only odd thing I noticed was that one of the potentially active infection indicators in the MCM R/H column - the Spriggan Feet one -  is greyed out.  Added the pic of that too

TESV 2021-06-28 15-10-35-66.jpg

Edited by donkeywho
On 6/26/2021 at 10:18 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

SLIF issues are difficult to troubleshoot since I am not using that mod.

I don't remember changing anything regarding SLIF but I could be wrong.

Are you using Parasites with or without the latest version of Hormones?

I also have the latest hormones yes, and it's less the previous SLIF integration as something from parasites seems to be overwriting the SLIF input altogether. Parasites shows up in SLIF with the correct numbers (from the values input as sizes in the MCM) but when a size change occurs (increase or removal) Parasites morph values appear to overwrite the values SLIF is using and the squashed flat looks appears. So even if you didn't change anything, if you added morphs that don't go through SLIF that might be the issue.

49 minutes ago, Exzerno said:

Has then been added to the latest update? :0 

That should definitely be part of the current version 20210531b.

If not, the next version is just a few days out.

Look for a tree on a rock, with chaurus eggs around it, at the bottom of the 'pillar' under Solitude (on the sea side).

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
41 minutes ago, DrunkMag said:

i'm kinda stuck at the stage where you need to "clear the roots of corruption". I clicked Elder roots, picked up some eggs near it aaand...no result. I have the Nettlebane, held it in either hand...nah, still nothing. What i do here?

Here is what you have to do...

Spoiler

The source of the corruption is an old saw stuck on one of the main roots.

It may get knocked around in the fight with the spriggans.

What you need to do is pick it up while holding Nettlebane.

50 minutes ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

ETA on the next update?

Still in final stages of testing. Probably this coming weekend.

Don't expect a lot of changes... this is mostly about bug fixes and workarounds for tricky quest stages.

Here is what to expect so far: 

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/issues?q=is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A"Parasites+2021-06-30"

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Don't expect a lot of changes... this is mostly about bug fixes and workarounds for tricky quest stages.

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/issues?q=is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A"Parasites+2021-06-30"

Excellent, thanks for posting the milestone. Bug fixes only are perfectly fine by me as they were preventing me from the advancing the chaurus queen quest.

Regarding the SLIF detection that you're updating to be the same as Hormones, does this mean that you'll be required to use Hormones if using SLIF? I do not have Hormones installed but I do have SLIF and have just been loading Parasites after.

Also a more general question about resetting the mod in MCM: when it tells you to "please wait a minute", should I be waiting within MCM or close MCM first and then wait for the scripts to update and such? Other mods have sometimes have a brief message window confirming the update after closing, or within the MCM menu.

Edited by zelayasrevenge301
31 minutes ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Excellent, thanks for posting the milestone. Bug fixes only are perfectly fine by me as they were preventing me from the advancing the chaurus queen quest.

Regarding the SLIF detection that you're updating to be the same as Hormones, does this mean that you'll be required to use Hormones if using SLIF? I do not have Hormones installed but I do have SLIF and have just been loading Parasites after.

Also a more general question about resetting the mod in MCM: when it tells you to "please wait a minute", should I be waiting within MCM or close MCM first and then wait for the scripts to update and such? Other mods have sometimes have a brief message window confirming the update after closing, or within the MCM menu.

For SLIF, that just means I am using the same detection method as in Hormones. That doesn't mean Hormones is required.

For MCM, it is just a way to say 'the effect may take a few seconds after you close the menu'. Waiting inside the menu doesn't make any difference.

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Does the Spriggan Identification change deal with the problems I was having?

question blue you keep saying to people who ask about making a brood you always say just do the spit attack at them thing is I do that and the people I do that to die almost instantaneously giving no time to register an infection to happen so either somethings wrong or you didn't realize the damage capabilities of spit acid (killing level ten+ mind you) and there needs to be a separate one that is for initiating the thing not hurting (if it helps with info I tend to become the chaurus queen first via its quest before doing anything main game)

5 hours ago, Reena_Ribona said:

question blue you keep saying to people who ask about making a brood you always say just do the spit attack at them thing is I do that and the people I do that to die almost instantaneously giving no time to register an infection to happen so either somethings wrong or you didn't realize the damage capabilities of spit acid (killing level ten+ mind you) and there needs to be a separate one that is for initiating the thing not hurting (if it helps with info I tend to become the chaurus queen first via its quest before doing anything main game)

Good points.

For the next version, I reduced the power and duration of the acid spit, and I increased the duration of the acid digest effect.

I also added the original effect on top of my own to ensure Estrus Chaurus can be triggered.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
59 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

For the next version, I reduced the power and duration of the acid spit, and I increased the duration of the acid digest effect.

I also added the original effect on top of my own to ensure Estrus Chaurus can be triggered.

question what will happen to the victim after you get them infected as id suspect if there A.I isnt looked at they probably will just attack you even though theyre in your "Brood" i say that in quotes cause again i dont think its programed yet to detect that type of thing