SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

Getting CTD with additem menu and this mod. Also getting CTD when typing in "chaurus" into add item menu. Is the alternate parasite assets file a mandatory file? It's the only thing I don't have installed. otherwise I have all the requirements etc.

15 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Getting CTD with additem menu and this mod. Also getting CTD when typing in "chaurus" into add item menu. Is the alternate parasite assets file a mandatory file? It's the only thing I don't have installed. otherwise I have all the requirements etc.

Please don't use the Additem mod with Parasites.

The parasites are actually Devious Devices and rely on the interaction of 3 armors everytime you equip them. 

Parasites has its own menu to allow you to equip the parasites manually. Please use that instead.

i tried out kynes with ccas and tried the broodmaiden start but after you sleep do you wake up in the same room lockpick the door and didnt get a quest

also is your mod compatible with tbd

Ps sorry if i butchered some english its not my mother tongue

16 minutes ago, halda said:

i tried out kynes with ccas and tried the broodmaiden start but after you sleep do you wake up in the same room lockpick the door and didnt get a quest

also is your mod compatible with tbd

Ps sorry if i butchered some english its not my mother tongue

You need both Parasites and SexLab stories to make CCAS work for that start.

What is TBD?

Just now, DeepBlueFrog said:

You need both Parasites and SexLab stories to make CCAS work for that start.

What is TBD?

have sex lab and parasites  just updated it to

tbd is touched by diabella its a rather popular body mod

I'm using the latest version on LE and my character got infected by the living armor (Gum whatever it's called). After going to Danica and getting the recipe for the parasite repellent, I made some but using it does nothing but show messages about "The mechanism is too complex", "this lock is too hard", and others like it. I believe those messages are from Deviously Cursed Loot, but that shouldn't be preventing the potion from working, should it? Or is it just that the option to remove the living armor isn't finished yet?

45 minutes ago, Recoilsuave said:

I'm using the latest version on LE and my character got infected by the living armor (Gum whatever it's called). After going to Danica and getting the recipe for the parasite repellent, I made some but using it does nothing but show messages about "The mechanism is too complex", "this lock is too hard", and others like it. I believe those messages are from Deviously Cursed Loot, but that shouldn't be preventing the potion from working, should it? Or is it just that the option to remove the living armor isn't finished yet?

It is not fully tested but it should directly remove the parasite and bypass any other mod.

Keep in mind that the potion doesn't always work, and you have have to drink multiple doses before removing the parasite.

14 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Please don't use the Additem mod with Parasites.

The parasites are actually Devious Devices and rely on the interaction of 3 armors everytime you equip them. 

Parasites has its own menu to allow you to equip the parasites manually. Please use that instead.

I am aware of the MCM. But I have other mods that alter chaurus based items and it is problematic that searching "chaurus" causes CTD and I narrowed the cause down to this mod.

21 minutes ago, Aki K said:

I am aware of the MCM. But I have other mods that alter chaurus based items and it is problematic that searching "chaurus" causes CTD and I narrowed the cause down to this mod.

The problem is that I am not using AddItem and I have no idea what could be causing a CTD when searching for chaurus items in this mod. 

If you can find out more from that mod owners about what could be causing a crash on search, I will be happy to fix things on my end.

alright doing a manual sweep to update mods i have i clicked on sexlabs arroused link from the description of your mod, that brings me to a disscontinued sexlabs page. i would like to suggest that the redux version be in the description instead of the original

So I had a look through the script files since I was not getting any body morphing in the latest version. The file in particular is slp_fcts_parasites.psc

It seems from the April 30 update, there's a lot of code missing referring to SLIF, which was present in earlier versions.

So I am going to assume that the newest version is no longer compatible with SLIF and thus not making any changes to the body morphs.

To get the morphs back, I'd have to use an older file but in doing so removes the trigger to get Living Armor through swimming, and some other codes made for the latest version.

Before you ask, yes the body morphs worked fine before the April 30 update, it's not my body file.

Is there any chance you can look into re-adding the SLIF code to the next version?

15 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

It is not fully tested but it should directly remove the parasite and bypass any other mod.

Keep in mind that the potion doesn't always work, and you have have to drink multiple doses before removing the parasite.

Do you know approximately how many potions it takes? I used 15 in a row, and all I got were those messages I mentioned and the parasite would react as if my character was being attacked. Including throwing up the stoneflesh spell when she got low on health.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:43 AM, sneakysnake said:

So I had a look through the script files since I was not getting any body morphing in the latest version. The file in particular is slp_fcts_parasites.psc

It seems from the April 30 update, there's a lot of code missing referring to SLIF, which was present in earlier versions.

So I am going to assume that the newest version is no longer compatible with SLIF and thus not making any changes to the body morphs.

To get the morphs back, I'd have to use an older file but in doing so removes the trigger to get Living Armor through swimming, and some other codes made for the latest version.

Before you ask, yes the body morphs worked fine before the April 30 update, it's not my body file.

Is there any chance you can look into re-adding the SLIF code to the next version?

Yes I was also wondering about SLIF compatibility since I have a few mods installed while using that framework, but the patch for Parasites hasn't been updated in a while. So far I've been loading SLIF after parasites and it seems to work ok, but i think some of the morphs (like belly morphs) aren't properly working.

Thankfully SLIF has ways of letting you manually tweak morphs for each loaded mod, but it'd be nice to know which mod should be loaded first/if we'll be getting an update to the SLIF-Parasites patch.

29 minutes ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Yes I was also wondering about SLIF compatibility since I have a few mods installed while using that framework, but the patch for Parasites hasn't been updated in a while. So far I've been loading SLIF after parasites and it seems to work ok, but i think some of the morphs (like belly morphs) aren't properly working.

Thankfully SLIF has ways of letting you manually tweak morphs for each loaded mod, but it'd be nice to know which mod should be loaded first/if we'll be getting an update to the SLIF-Parasites patch.

I will look into the SLIF part of the mod.

Please do not use patches provided by SLIF as they are outdated and will break Parasites if you use them.

A hint, not a big hint, a little hint on what to do next.  The previous update you mentioned a small quest with the tentacle monster.  My pc has had her friend on her body for 20+ days.  The voices in her head are bout every minute now.  I'm trying to make sense of the Obey messages.  She is a walking orgasm.  Thanks for the help DBF.  Hope my feedback helps us both.

12 minutes ago, leesjig said:

A hint, not a big hint, a little hint on what to do next.  The previous update you mentioned a small quest with the tentacle monster.  My pc has had her friend on her body for 20+ days.  The voices in her head are bout every minute now.  I'm trying to make sense of the Obey messages.  She is a walking orgasm.  Thanks for the help DBF.  Hope my feedback helps us both.

Are you saying no quest was automatically started by the Voices?

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Are you saying no quest was automatically started by the Voices?

I just doubled checked my quests.  Correct, no quest has been started by the voice yet.  Does the voice set off a quest early on, or like now...because the voice has become very active the last couple of days.  The voice is currently at a 15 to 30 sec interval.

On 4/11/2021 at 3:36 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

I am testing the effects of the Tentacle Monster and Living Armor right now, so I will take a closer look at inflation.

Just as an aside, or FWIW, while looking at those, does wearing the Living Armour have any weird 'effects' that do can 'something nasty' to mages' behaviour?

Never had this happen before, but when getting the initial Tour of Winterhold College, as soon as my PC enters the Living Quarters, and in LOS or proximity (not sure which) of some of the other inhabitants, those go berserk and there is a major punch up in which Mirabelle always comes off worst, and then bugs out continuously repeating that 'we'll talk after the tour of the grounds is completed' as she wanders around in the living quarters, saying that any time you approach

Oddly enough, the 'college tour' quest does 'complete' when you go for the initial 'ward' training afterwards, but she still seems to be totalled.  It's not beyond possibility that it has something to do with my College located NPC additions from Nexus mods, but other playthroughs with exactly the same crew don't have this happen

On 5/10/2021 at 10:36 PM, leesjig said:

Update/re-download racemenu.  When I re-download racemenu, it did wonders for me.

I'm having the same issue as that person, and reinstalling racemenu did not fix it. I'm at the latest version and I don't have SLIF. Should I be able to find the parasite armours and such in bodyslide or something?

On 5/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

The problem is that I am not using AddItem and I have no idea what could be causing a CTD when searching for chaurus items in this mod. 

If you can find out more from that mod owners about what could be causing a crash on search, I will be happy to fix things on my end.

I don't know if the mod owner them self is still around or responding but I'll see what I can do. Otherwise I guess I'll have to figure out a workaround.

The pheromones aren't working on the Chaurus Stud for Lastelle. I saw that .esp from a few months ago that said it solved the problem, but it doesn't work for the latest version. Is there something I can do to fix it now or should I just wait for an update? (This mod is great though, I use it for all my characters, even ones that aren't doing the chaurus queen things, because it fits in pretty smoothly with generic Skyrim play)

24 minutes ago, Timbago said:

The pheromones aren't working on the Chaurus Stud for Lastelle. I saw that .esp from a few months ago that said it solved the problem, but it doesn't work for the latest version. Is there something I can do to fix it now or should I just wait for an update? (This mod is great though, I use it for all my characters, even ones that aren't doing the chaurus queen things, because it fits in pretty smoothly with generic Skyrim play)

That should have been fixed with the last version (from last week).

Are you using LE or SE?

15 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

That should have been fixed with the last version (from last week).

Are you using LE or SE?

I'm using LE. If I'm the only guy with the problem then it might be a conflict with something else, but it sounds just like the problem from February. I'll do a totally clean game with just Parasites and go again.

Edit: I started a fresh game with bare minimum requirements and the Stud just stayed on that tiny island turning back and forth after I used the pheromones. (Creature animations are enabled and usable animations for the chaurus are in the game). 

8 minutes ago, Timbago said:

I'm using LE. If I'm the only guy with the problem then it might be a conflict with something else, but it sounds just like the problem from February. I'll do a totally clean game with just Parasites and go again.

Edit: I started a fresh game with bare minimum requirements and the Stud just stayed on that tiny island turning back and forth after I used the pheromones. (Creature animations are enabled and usable animations for the chaurus are in the game). 

And no new dialogue with Lastelle after that?

The chaurus doesn't to be right next to you.. or even following you for that matter... if the charm effect was successful, that should be enough to trigger the next stage.